Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

Guess what! I got Shiro-chan to PM you manga! I finally brought her attention back to this place because she forgot about it >.>

Soooo... I posted a Concorde-postie, first in forever. My writing is rusty, so if things are totally unclear, let me know and I will either explain or edit the post. It's not meant to be entirely coherent, but... yeah, I dunno. I need to get back into the swing of things, for reals.

lol Nessie, I totally had a lot of fun writing Sadine's post. ;D Well, at least the beginning, but the rest of it was sort of fun too.

And thanks Kira!!! I really appreciate it! I guess that means we've got Shiro with us now. ^^ Hopefully she's not too confused about what to do. xP

I'll read your Concorde-post (oh you changed his name spelling) later, Nessie. It's nearly midnight for me. The only reason I stayed up so late was to finish Sadine and Alina's posts because I need to be able to do homework tomorrow without distractions. >< The posts might seem a bit rushed, so don't be surprised.

I guess that means Alina was the last one to make it into the dungeon then. Anyone who posts after that can just have their character make it in before her (which I know I already said, so don't yell at me). I'll try to have Hadyn's post in by Thursday. Anyone already in the tunnels is welcome to post again; just make sure to mention that Hadyn eventually sat down, because he's not going to keep on walking forever. xd.png

Yeah, I think that's all I wanted to say. Night~

ETA: Murder, I know you're probably really confused now! I'm really sorry. I'll try my best to help you out! Anyone else who isn't confused should try helping Murder out too, because I'm going to be really busy these next couple of days.

Edited by Mangaholic

Ummm... my post kind of implies that Byrnedette got killed in the cave-in thing... for clarification, there's a skip-ahead there, so if you have any business with her, feel free to do it anyways, because she's not dead until the dungeon collapses.

Also, if my post is too much ridiculousness, I will change it. I posted it at 1something last night and my dad's had me on a normal sleep schedule, so I was legitimately brainless.

EDIT: Also, Manga, I LOVE SADINE'S CONFUSION!!!!

Edited by Elsendor

That's alright. I'm working on my posts right now and I'm having Adrian deliberately kill her, though it doesn't actually say she's dead. X3

Kk, sweet. I just actually replaced my Con-postie with something fun, and moved my Con postie to after yours, so there's less timing-ambiguity. Because I was going crazy.

EDIT: So... um... GO BACK to before Sadine's postie and read the SOMETHING FUN!!!

EDIT: Oh, and I totally got Manga's permission to write the something-fun.

EDIT: Nessie is... um. Just a tad crazy.

EDIT: Somebody please smack me and tell me to get my act together.

Edited by Elsendor

/smacks Nessie

I still love Sen, no matter what. xDD And...whose body did Ancadel take over? O.o Or are we not supposed to know that yet?

That's for Manga and me to know, and you guys to find out. wink.gif

And thanks--I'm having a fantastic time writing Sen!

Thanks Nessie! I'm so glad I decided to take Sadine. And I got the idea about Carlie from what you said. xd.png

Muhahaha I can't wait for Ancadel to run into the other characters again. That would be really fun~

Ohhh! and on a random side note, I just realized Sen's not having reached puberty yet (I sort of assumed he hadn't yet since he still looked like a ten-year-old lol) fits this freshman I know at school. If I ever find a picture of him or take a picture of him (because I'm a creeper, yes), I'll show you. He looks like a little first-grader. He's so adorable. xd.png

Oh, and Nessie, I changed it so that Byrn attacked Adrian and Zie attacked Concord. I'm not sure if you already knew that or not, so I figured I should just point it out. x3

Also, I sort of didn't really describe what the tunnel looked like. Okay, not sort of. I didn't describe it at all. Luckily for me, it's really simple what the place looks like. 8D It's just a tunnel with nothing in it lol. The walls are made of stone, not dirt though.

Wow, I was pretty sure I had more I wanted to say. o.e Well, I don't think I'll be posting anymore IC posts here before I go. I still have to catch up in the other RP I'm in. ><

EDIT: Oh, and sorry about the short and sort of confusing posts. I always have a lot of inspiration at the beginning and then get really lazy at the end.

Edited by Mangaholic

Username: Shiro-chan

Name: Leanna Sheryll Adalsteinn

Birthday: 21st of May, 1994

Court: Mountain

Appearance: In terms of physical appearance, Leanna has nothing to be jealous about from any other girl her age. She stands at an average 5' 6", although due to her slender figure, she weighs around 120 lbs. She isn't voluptuous in the slightest, but due to her particularly slim waist, she can seem to be curvy at first glance. She is quite skinny in general, but not to the point where it could be considered sickly. Her legs are long, and her perfect skin is a smooth light colour, with no traces of any moles, scars, or freckles.

Her face isn't long or thin, but slightly small and cheeky, giving her a more childlike appearance, accentuated by the overly large shirts and jackets she usually prefers to wear. Her eyes are big, but not exceedingly so, their coffee-coloured irises sometimes hiding behind long eyelashes. Her hair is black, or so she insists, although when seen under a bright light, it can gain tinges and reflexes of a darkish chestnut colour. Her fringe is quite irregular, some strands being longer than others, although they always leave her eyes uncovered. The rest of her straight hair imitates this, having some uneven locks sticking out in random directions, yet somehow always looking orderly, as if it had been specially styled that way. The longer strands reach a little over her waist, but people can be tricked into thinking her hair is shorter, since she has a liking to wearing hooded jackets which hide the back of her hair, leaving only the shorter, chest-length strands that naturally hang to her front.

Although she usually has no problems with "showing off" her looks, the one thing she tends to hide is her hands. Although once pretty, her years of unstoppable nail-biting have left her hands unrecognizable, with the tips of her fingers sporting white or hard bits of dead skin sticking out. Because of this nasty habit, her nails usually look at the brink of painfully short , although there can be periods of time when they grow, depending on her mood and levels of stress. These are rare though, and most of the time she has her hands stuck into her pockets or balled up into fists so others can't see them. On some occasions though, she can be caught wearing fake nails, but these have proved to be only a temporary solution, since she always ends up biting them too, not minding that they're made of plastic.

Personality: Leanna has grown to think that the first thing her world will judge anyone about is the way you externally look. Your appearance, your clothes, the way you carry yourself. It's not that she doesn't believe, or wants to for that matter, that there is something beyond a person's appearance, but the superficial society that has surrounded her throughout her sixteen years of life hasn't done anything to prove this belief of hers wrong. Because of this way of thinking, she has distanced herself from others, figuring that if they're coming to her so they can talk to a pretty face, she shouldn't even bother. Her cold and distant demeanor has earned her the title of "Ice Queen" at her school, although precisely because of her stoic attitude, no one has quite dared to bully or tease her for always being alone.

However, deep down, she has always loathed the feeling of solitude. Like any other kid her age, she wants to have friends, to be herself, instead of having to worry about appearance and pretending to be perfect while surrounded by others who are also hiding behind equally dense masks. If someone does manage to get past her barriers and get to know the real her, they would find a rather cute personality, clingy for physical contact and weak to anything small and fluffy.

History: Born into the upper-class family of a bank owner and an ex-model, Leanna's life has been based around appearance and pretense ever since she left the fancy clinic where she was brought to life. She has been taught how to stand, how to walk, how to eat, how to behave, how to look, and basically everything except for how to breathe ever since she can remember. The only clear memories of her parents before they left in their long business trip about a year ago are of them telling her what to do or how to do it, and occasionally of the social gatherings or meetings, where she was only shown off like some kind of expensive doll. Strangely, those were the happiest moments she spent with her family.

Most of her current looks also came from her superficial family; they couldn't have an "ugly" daughter, or it would ruin their reputation. So years spent with different treatments and protection resulted in her "flawless" appearance. However, it also resulted in a strong belief that the world only cares about the outside of people. It wasn't like she ever grew to hate her parents, though. In reality, everything she did and endured was a collection of pitiful attempts to earn their praise, or at least some of their attention. She took piano lessons since the age of three, growing up to be extremely talented, but it all started because her mother thought the instrument to be elegant. All her skills and awards were ignored, thought of as something only natural, some kind of 'profit' or 'reward' to collect after having spent so much time and money on her lessons. In the end, the only praise or attention she ever received was at the aforementioned parties, where she would have to 'show off' in front of others, while her parents acted like they were proud and spouted words of praise in front of others. She knew it for what it really meant, but she still enjoyed and looked forward to those rare moments.

This changed when she was being driven to school one day by one of the many chauffeurs. She saw a group of kids her age playing on the streets, hitting each other and generally acting... well... like kids. She soon came to learn that only her world seemed to completely revolve around superficiality; others got to enjoy life as being themselves on the inside and the outside. Another conclusion she took no time in reaching was that part of the problem was the money. Poor people, or even low-middle-classed ones, always seemed to be able to have more freedom than the rich, who were always worrying about impressions and contacts. She came to loathe money and everything it represented, such as fancy brands. But, there was no way she could say this aloud. Her tiny little dream has always been to be able to escape the tight clutches the social standing of her family has on her, and to be able to meet and talk with these... free people. But she knows it's not her place, or what little bonds she has with her parents would be completely destroyed by their deep disappointment. She has long resigned to a life of plastic, of a doll sitting on a shelf, waiting for something to happen.

Weaknesses:

- Having been 'shielded' from the outside world for all of her life, Leanna can be quite the case of social awkwardness. She has always lived by a set of rules on how to behave in front of others, so when put freely next to a "normal" person, she doesn't know what kind of behaviour is normal for them. Therefore, she's really bad at telling when people are lying and at reading their emotions, which can end up in her being easily deceived.

- Because of her musical skills with the piano, and extensive "training" from such a young age, her hearing is quite sensitive. Sounds that are too loud or too high-pitched will startle her and make her immediately drop whatever she's doing to cover her ears and try to get away from the noise.

- She's a claustrophobic. It came from a certain incident back when she was a little kid, and it hasn't shown any signs of improving any time soon. She'll feel slightly uncomfortable in crowded places where it's hard to move, scaling to right-out hysteria if she has to stand in an elevator for more than ten seconds.

- She has trust issues. She won't easily believe that someone truly cares deeply for others without expecting anything in return, unless they prove it in a way she can't deny. On the other hand, if someone manages to do that, she can become too trusting of that person.

- With the little attention her parents gave her, she would go to any extent to please them, even if it meant doing something she consciously knew would be morally wrong.

- To Leanna, her nails are like a constant reminder that no matter how hard she tries, she can't reach that ideal of perfection her parents have in mind for her. This has made her think that some people plainly aren't made to become some things, no matter how hard they try to reach them. As a result, if she thinks she won't be able to do something, she's quick to stop trying. The only exception for this is her wish to please her parents and earn their attention. She knows it's impossible, but she can't quite bring herself to abandon it.

- With her... particular diet, she's not the person with the most stamina you'll find around. She copes with a general lack of food and a habit to avoid exercise in general, as to "not grow ugly muscles," so she gets tired quite easily. However, this has its advantages too. Being used to eating so little, she can go on without eating anything... substantial for longer than the average person.

Skills:

- As someone from a rich family, Leanna has taken several self-defense classes throughout her life and is able to put up quite a fight if someone ever tries anything against her. She relies on speed and agility rather than strength, though.

- She can keep a straight face no matter the situation, having always been taught that keeping one's composure is a sign of dignity and temperance, which are good qualities in a leader, or more generally, in a gracious person.

- She is perfectly capable of using her looks to her advantage when trying to manipulate others or to get something from them, but with her profound hate of superficiality, she would only agree to this if it was truly necessary.

- She has her ways of getting her hands on a lot of money, without necessarily turning to her family's fortune.

- She's good at handling stress or "difficult" situations in general. Although her nail biting habit would seem to prove otherwise, this is actually the only outlet for all that stress. She can think with a level head in basically any kind of predicament she finds herself in.

- She can be underestimated by some because of her "rich, pretty, slender girl" status. These people are entirely wrong though, and it will come back to get them. Her strength is there, as short-lived as it can be. It's more than enough to give someone a good kick in the face.

Special Abilities: Having Lapilluma blood mixed in her, Leanna can easily distinguish between the different components of earth and rock she is in contact with. With concentration, she can separate these components and use only the ones she chooses, earning a material that can be made specifically to fit one quality, for example, being hard, malleable, etc.

Unique Color: Springgreen

Edited by Shirogane_Hikari

OMG NEW PERSON!!! -gloms- HIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I love Leanna already!! ♥♥♥ Looking forward to posties!!

Welcome, Shiro-chan! Thanks for joining at this phase in the RP, I know it can't be easy what with all that's happened. x3 If you have any questions, ask anytime. :3

Leanna sounds like an interesting character. Can't wait to RP with her. <333

Aw, thanks you guys ^^

I'm already trying to type up my first post, but with all that's happened, it's probably going to take me a while, even though I want to start RPing with all of you already too D:

Hopefully I'll be done tomorrow >.< Then again I have somewhere to go tomorrow night, so maybe the day after... <.< Ugh.

Bye you guys. I'm sorry. I've reached breaking point again, so I can't say any peppy words right now. Oh, and if this sounds like I'm leaving, I'm not, so don't worry. I'm just . . . in a really bitter mood right now. I'll see you all in two weeks. Ciao~

And good luck on your post, Shiro.

Yeah, I probably sound like a jerk right now. I'm sorry. I don't even know why I'm so pissed right now. I'll miss you all, I swear!

EDIT: Here are the

and
my friends and I made. If you're ever bored, you can watch them. Tell me what you think. They're not very good, but they're something, I guess. Edited by Mangaholic

Take care of yourself chica, and see you soon <3 You know we love you!

Also... I really need to get caught up, don't I. At this point, I pretty much need to write a schedule so I keep on top of these things. I really need to stop forgetting this... *posts a note in her member title* I'll try within the next few days to read everything~ Also, welcome to MS new person, even though I'm not that active~

Yay, Shiro-chan! Hurry up! D< (jk ilu x3)

omg, which person in the vid are you manga? or were you the camera person? lol

Hey, that vid! I watched that off of your FB. xd.png Freaked me out for about three days. XP Because I'm skittish that way.

Also, to keep this on-topic... I was just thinking it would be fantastic fun to involve Ancadel with someone's character a bit, but I am definitely not giving any details here in the thread where everyone can see them. THEREFORE I propose that anyone interested in playing with a little comic relief/subplot with me kindly PM me and let me know. I will pick someone, honestly, based on RP... and then we'll talk!

Basically, I'm completely random and like bringing in random side-drama, both of the comic and tragic variety. So, um... yeah. Nessie is beginning to ramble. More than usual, that is.

ttyal!!

Yay, intro post done >.<

I feel like mine sucks compared to all those awesome posts you people make DX

Now to get Leanna into the plot... problem being I maybe sorta kinda forgot to ask Manga how I could get her into the castle with all the demons breaking havoc and whatnot...

Shiro, if it helps at all, some of us who joined partway through got away with assuming/pretending our characters had been along the whole time, somewhat unobtrusively, and basically just summarizing that in the first bit of roleplay. If you want to do something like that, I'm sure Manga would be okay with it, and it tends to be a fairly simple, easy method of bringing people in.

Just a suggestion, since Manga's not here to answer questions. smile.gif

There would probably be no problem with that. Most of us stayed by ourselves not interacting with the others too much.

It would also avoid to Manga to have to make something up for another character just to bring it to us in this... rather difficult area.

Well we had half agreed on her being attacked by the demons but being able to run away, but for some reason I didn't think about getting her all the way into the castle DX

augh i'm here sorry.

i'm caught up in work and this big collaborative art project me and my friends are doing as a comission, plus personal commissions of my own.

and i've got a convention coming up in a month, so i've been working on my cosplay.

but tomorrow after work i will have a breckin and dave post up.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MURDER!!!!! -pouncetackle-

Cheering for "murder" sounds really bad. XP

To make this post legitimate, I am sorta-kinda figuring out the details of Ancadel's stuff, so I'll be posting soonish. As in within the next few days.

ffffffff my whole night has been

reading

this

roleplay.

i will catch up and post if it's the last thing i do.

casually sips coffee.