Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

Shiro, for your problem, maybe we could have Leanna being attacked by an enormous bird-like demon in Forest Park, and having it carry her away, only to drop her near the Aileach Estate, for whatever reason? It sounds like the best way to get her there at this point.

Wherever Haydn's leading the teens, if it's accessible from the outside, we could have Leanna meeting them there. That's another idea, no?

And welcome back, Murder! :D Ahaha sorry about the long posts. ^^;; You don't have to rush, really. Just as long as we know that you're still here. c:

sooooo I officially have no internets for the rest of the summer...so starting the nineteenth I will be back, when I get back to school, but here at home it's kind of a mess. So, um... See you guys then.

my debt is repaid.

finally replied.

if it's not enough i will cry.

just kidding let me know and i guess i'll add more.

also was thinking about doing some art for the kids and such.

let me know if you want me to draw your character.

Thanks lilyce, that sounds like something I could pull off easily ^^

But, this is my second week of starting college's second semester, so things are busy for me right now D: Getting used to going to classes again and all, so I probably won't be able to post until this weekend, or maybe even later on >.<

Stupid teachers seem bent on us not having a private life outside of doing homework DX *dies*

OMGMURDER!!!! -pouncetackleglomplicksnuggle- MISSED YOU!!!!!

-bouncybouncy- Draw Con and Sen?? Pretty please?? With a cherry on top?? A yummy black cherry???

I HAS INTERNETS!!!!! I went over a week with absolutely none, not even for practical purposes, and pretty much DIED. But I now has internets, if very limited.

You know how when you lose something you appreciate it more?? OMG I MISSED THIS.

Aaaaand yeah I'm going to get in trouble for this postie. That said, PROJECT ANCADEL IS UP AND RUNNING again. I don't even know what I'm saying anymore.

I like the intro for Dave, Murder. c: You brought him in nicely. Your posts are always so descriptive, deep, and sophisticated~ There is just one thing though... wasn't it one of Manga's rules to write the entire RP in past tense? x3; I think it's just meant to be easier for everyone to read, so yeah. I don't know if she'll want you to fix that or not.

And yeeeeees I would LOVE a drawing of Kathy. And Gordon, if you have the time, but admittedly I have a Kathy-bias because she's my own original char. |D

No problem, Shiro! Glad I could inspire something. c: As I said, take it slow. Manga wouldn't mind, and neither do the rest of us. We're all pretty much semi-active around here, if you haven't noticed lol.

Welcome back with internet, Nessie! ^^ I'm always anticipating what Ancadel will do next. He's a fun little demon to play with.

That being said, with Breckin back in the picture, I think I'll have a post up by the end of the week as well. Maybe tomorrow if I'm not toooo lazy. XD

was it? i have recently been writing all my posts using either present tense and using second person format (like the you are dave harley) parts, so i had to constantly go back and correct myself.

god damn it.

anyways yeah i'll try to have some art for kathy up then lol.

Edited by MURDERcomplexx

Hey, I'm back!!! Well, I've been back since Sunday, but our flights were delayed, so we got back late and I just ended up crashing. I did brush my teeth, but that took a lot of willpower. I would have logged on yesterday, but my mom was sick from everything that happened, so I had to do all the work. I still have a pile of clothes to iron. >.>

Thanks, Dash! :] Like I already told you, I feel better (since it's been two weeks after all), so no need to worry about me anymore! Usually, I try to keep away from the forums when I'm in that kind of mood, but I really didn't have a choice (well, I did, I guess) so I just posted when I sort of calmed down.

Kira, guess. ;D I'm not the camera person. And all of us except one know how to play the piano, so don't use that as a clue. ;] lol Asian stereotype.

@ Nessie:

Really? I didn't think it was that scary. xP Maybe it's because I know everyone, so I thought it was just really funny and stupid. lol I mean, our first death scene was pretty bad, since my friend wouldn't stop playing the piano in the background. I guess we were lucky she was playing a scary song. xd.png

Shiro, if you still need help with Leanna, feel free to ask me! I sort of had had everything planned out in my head when I talked to you about it, and I just assumed you knew what to do as well. /facepalm

@ Nessie:

If you're going to get in trouble for your post, I'd rather you wait until the 19th. I don't want you straining your relationship with your parents anymore than it already has been. Besides, it's only ten more days.

Now, if I totally misunderstood what you meant, just ignore me. xP

@ Murder:

It's fine! You don't have to fix it! I really liked it! Besides, I thought you could write in that same style if you wrote it in third person, past tense. I don't mind at all, honestly. I've been thinking of writing some of my posts in first person format sometimes too, since I've found it's easier for me to write like that for these characters. I never did because I wasn't sure how everyone would talk it.

So yeah, I don't mind the change in viewpoint/tense so long as it's part of the writing style. I don't want an average post to be like that, because it bothers me when things like that are in present tense, but something poetic like Murder's is totally fine with me~ Now hopefully, I didn't make that sound too confusing. And I'm hoping Murder sees this because he completely revises his post. x3

On a side note, I just realized that Harley still doesn't have a blurb thing/link to his profile, so to anyone who will be needing it, the profile is on page 91. Murder, when you can, just fill out the blurb skeleton for me, please. You don't have to do the actual blurb yet. It's just nice to have the link. Yeah, sorry for giving you another assignment when you just finished your last one. x.x

Okay, I think I've replied to all the posts I need to reply too. So, let's see. What else do I need to say?

Okay, well, idiot moi decided to leave nearly all of her homework to do after she came back, so she's in a hell lot of trouble. School starts on August 29th, and she still has a bunch of stuff to do, which really sucks. This means there won't be an IC post from her until maybe the end of this week so she can get some work done and tidy up the house a bit more. She'll still be popping around the OoC thread a bit, but she won't be posting in the actual IC thread for a while, if that's what you're all hoping for. She's really far behind. She hasn't even gotten around to reading Shiro's intro post yet, or to replying certain PMs from people.

Now why did I write that in third person? o.e

So yeah, I'll have a Hadyn and Sadine post up hopefully by Satuday.

On a side note, Murder, when you're done with all your other art requests, could you draw Sadine too? You don't have to, of course. It's just that she's the one character I can't imagine in my head. I would ask for Hadyn, but his appearance is a bit weird. He's supposed to look white, but he looks Asian instead. lol

ETA: Oh that's right! I forgot to thank Lily! And that was like the one thing I kept reminding myself to do. x.X

Thanks, Lily! You did a really great job managing everything and solving problems and bumping the thread! I really appreciate it~ Now, if I could actually draw or do something awesome, I would do it for you, but since I'm sort of talentless, you're just going to have to settle for mere thanks until I think of something better. xd.png

And yeah, that post was long enough to be an IC post. o.e

ETA: I know my to-do list has Sadine in there too, even though there hasn't been a reply yet. I'm just assuming that Lily will be able to post before I get around to it. xd.png

ETA: I was practicing piano but I just remembered this, so I figured I should ask before I forgot. Has jaina been active on the forums lately?

Edited by Mangaholic

...Do you know how to play the piano, manga?

And I hope you get that work done in a timely manner along with your housework and that it doesn't stress you out too much.

Thanks, Murder~ :D Looking forward to the drawing of Kathy. ^^ And since Manga's said all that, just completely ignore what I brought up haha.

Welcome back to you too, Manga! <3 Nothing much happened while you were gone, lol, so I really don't deserve much credit. XD

Alsooo there goes my post. It was a bit rushed, so there's not much feeling to it, but I thought if I put it off any longer, I'd just forget to write it again. >< Work has deprived me of all my energy so I'm not particularly in the mood to dissect deep into Kathy's emotions. :<

Yup, I do, Kira. ^^ Otherwise, I don't think I'd be practicing. xP Well, actually, now that I think about it. . . .

And thanks. :] I have . . . not been getting things done in a timely manner. x3 But I still have two weeks! I'll be fine! /flails

Your post is fine, Lily, so don't worry~ Besides, at least that means you have a lot more to put in your next post if you feel like it. ^^

Hey Murder, exactly how is Breckin wounded? Is it internal bleeding?

So anyways, I'll get to working on the posts for Hadyn and Sadine tomorrow once I read at least a hundred pages for Huck Finn. I better read a hundred pages or I think I'll strangle myself D< Hopefully Murder replies before that.

And for everyone who wants to post but doesn't know how: you can just get your characters to talk to the others that don't have anything to do either (yeah, you're thinking that's pretty obvious, I know ><). I mean, I'm pretty sure nearly all of the character have had a chance to interact another character at some point, so hopefully that helps. I'm just going to say that now is the best time to develop your character's relationship with the others because your chances might get ruined later on. I won't say why, but that's a warning for you. ;]

ETA: Also, I'd like to thank all of you for sticking with me and this RP for all this time, in spite of its slow pace and the exceedingly long hiatus we had to go through. I really do appreciate it. :]]]

Edited by Mangaholic

okay so here's a preliminary sketch of what kathy looks like to me.

https://i.imgur.com/fBRZQ.jpg

going past the blatant anatomy failure because i literally had like 20 minutes only to do it but i'll fix that when i line it.

my point being is i want to know if lily's cool with this so far.

so yeah.

hit me with your best shot lily.

dat ass kathy.

shake it shake it booty quake it.

etc.

Edited by MURDERcomplexx

Haha thanks, Manga.

XD I love that, Murder! Her expression is nice, but I was wondering if you could maybe change it to a confident smirk? Lovin' the thunderbolts around her hand, and I also really like that posture. Confident, fearless... Kathy. :D <3 I'm totally good with everything other than the little change in expression! Thanks so much. :3

Also, officially announcing that I'll be gone tomorrow. Going camping from August 15-20. I'll be back in a few days, guys! See you. <3

So, on Saturday, I decided to lock myself out in the backyard and read all of Huck Finn, instead of just 100 pages. It worked, so I'm really proud of myself right now. lol Not sure why it took me so long to read the book, though. I usually don't take that long. o.e

Anyways, I finished writing the posts yesterday and typing them up this afternoon.

Yeah, I know. I have a tendency to make all my characters pathetic and whiny. /smacks Sadine I'm pretty sure she'll get over it when Breckin wakes up. She better, because she's like my only character who actually has a backbone. D<

And it's sort of annoying posting for Hadyn now, too. If I make him slightly sympathetic toward the others, I feel like I'm forcing him to be that way, and if I don't make him sympathetic, I feel like I'm making him into an ass when he shouldn't be that much of one. Okay, maybe what I said didn't make much sense, but let's just say I have a hard time now distinguishing between whether Hadyn would really do that or if I'm being influenced by how I think you guys will think of me. ><

But the great thing is, right now, there's a good reason for why he's acting that way, so I feel sort of better. Yay!

Murder, since you sort of forgot to answer my question, I just went and made up how Breckin was wounded myself, based on what you said in the post. I was originally going to make it just external bleeding, but then I felt like I was just taking the easy way out. >< Hopefully, you don't mind all that.

And I sort of also assumed that Harley was wearing sunglasses. If you want, I'll fix that. I assumed a lot of things when I was writing that. lol

And wow, it's a good thing Murder drew Kathy. o.e Up until now, I had been imagining Kathy with spiky, shoulder-length hair, which doesn't make much sense, now that I think about it, but you know.

oh yeah it is external bleeding. he got slashed on the chest by the dog with the name i can't bear to try spelling.

but considering i just read your post we can suit to fit. it's no big deal haha.

harley's always wearing the shades man, unless i say he isn't. lol.

i erm, kind of tried to give her some hair spike crap, but i kind of failed hard.

also manga remind me to send you a pm about the weird static horrorterror lady that's been following breckin around because i keep forgetting to do that.

Edited by MURDERcomplexx

*flails with manga* >w< I believe in you~!

and omg murder, you've been reading homestuck :D so have I~

and ooh i like your drawing. you're pretty good~ :3

honey i am the biggest homestuck censorkip.gif** you will ever come across.

i say that unironically and with great pride.

but that's beside the point.

also thanks haha

I just got started on Homestuck recently. Funstuff. Seriously tl;dr, though. I don't know how I'll ever catch up.

And in the interest of staying on-topic, I am sorry I'm scarce lately. Computer time is scarce that way. I am back on campus in three days and then I shall drive you all crazy.

oh wow I guess i should have gone with my first guess after all. I really should stop second-guessing myself x3

But thanks. I would really hate to have to rewrite that, even if I sort of had the external bleeding thing planned before I even realized it could have been internal bleeding. x.X External bleeding would have taken longer, I think. Besides, at least i.b. moves the plot faster.

I thought the hair spike was pretty good. but I've never really seen spiky hair on a chick before, so i wouldn't know haha.

By reminding you about the mystery lady, do you mean in the thread or by pm? Sorry, Manga's a bit slow today . . . though she's slow practically everyday.

And thanks, Kira! I still haven't finish Huck Finn's stuff yet, but once I do, I'm BSing history. 8D

haha can't wait to see you again Nessie.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the notice Lily! I sort of accidentally skipped over that. x3

I just got started on Homestuck recently. Funstuff. Seriously tl;dr, though. I don't know how I'll ever catch up.

And in the interest of staying on-topic, I am sorry I'm scarce lately. Computer time is scarce that way. I am back on campus in three days and then I shall drive you all crazy.

do not skip any of it, i don't care how tl;dr it seems.

or i will PAP you endlessly.

and i'm serious too absolutely everything ties into itself and it may take a while but you'll soon be realizing "oh THATS why they said that!"

also manga i meant in a pm because i'd rather not extrapolate on my brainfarts wide out in the open to the audience i'd like to surprise.

NESSIE IS BACK AT SCHOOL!!!!!

I know I said I'd be completely back and everything, but I am exhausted and I have moving in to deal with tomorrow. EEP. Sowwee, just a little longer.

EDIT: Also, Murder, I don't by any means plan on skipping. Just...catching up will be long and lengthy and full of saggy bags under my eyes. xd.png

Edited by Elsendor

I'm back back back baaaaaack! Camp was awesome, but seriously. Home sweet home. <3

Just fyi, I kind of based Kathy's hair on Alice Cullen's. XD I love that chick.

/goes to read IC posts

I had a strange dream that I checked the thread and saw Lily's post, only she wrote something completely different. o.o Don't remember what it was, though. Just that I didn't understand what the heck she was saying, and some other random stuff. lmao

But anyways, welcome back, Lils. (:

I guess I imagined Kathy's hair right then, only it was way too long. xd.png

We're going to wait for Shiro and Jaina to catch up with us (or at least get near to catching up with us) before we start moving again, so don't stress out about posting soon, Lily and Murder.

Walker, do you want us to wait up a bit for you too, or do you think you can easily kill off Carlie and Locke wherever we are?

@ Lily:

On a really random side note, whatever happened to that RP you were planning to make? :3 I forgot what it was called, except that it had something to do with clocks, I think.

welp i can always try to redraw it or something.

also started drawing sadine.

LOL Manga... You and your dreams. I swear they get weirder everyday hahaha! And cool on the wait. I can't seem to make a long enough post anyways, without at least one reply from Hadyn, Breckin, Harley, or some other character. That being said, depict Hadyn as ruthlessly as he really is, as the character, Manga. XD We wouldn't judge you on that. I mean, come on, the Kathy at Forest Park was just a total b****, I do admit. :P

About my RP... I still have it saved on my computer. c: I just can't start it because I know that I won't have the time to manage it. This RP, and this RP only, is enough for me. ^^

And nooo Murder it's okay. I really liked your version of Kathy. XD She looks awesomely fierce in that pic. I'd be happy with whatever the outcome, honestly. I just want to know how you picture Kathy. :3