Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

I had typed that up a few days ago and tried to fit in what I had read from the new posts... sorry for doing it poorly

Ah, okay, that makes more sense! I hadn't thought it was Adrian, though, because I'd thought he was still shocked and incapacitated.

I like how you did both of them, Manga! Now I have to come up with one for Kathy. XD I love formatting the posts... I guess it's the artistic side of me. :P

*prods others to post* I'm so excited that my grad is finally over and this RP is starting again. x3

This is what I wrote earlier...

Nessie called the suicide hotline late last night and discovered they are a bunch of useless shrinks.  She has been threatened with being kicked out of the house more times than she cares to recount now, and has no clue how she will survive if this actually happens.  She is honestly wishing she had access to a shotgun.  She has resorted to the third person because if she uses the first she is going to cry again.  She wants her mother to ****ing die.  She isn't sure she's going to make it through the summer, but if she does and gets back to college alive, she is never, ever coming home.

Hopefully this explains her abhorrent inactivity and will explain any sudden disappearance if it occurs.  Either she will have gained access to a shotgun, or she will simply be without internet access for the forseeable future, possibly forever.

Things are a tad better now, but still very fragile. Please excuse my terrible absence and lack of productivity. -sigh-

D: They can't take away your internet forever! You still need it for homework! As long as you can get to Yahoo, I'll try my best to help you out. In fact, I'll try to get online as often as I can. I'm not sure what I can do to make you feel better, but I'm definitely going to do everything I can except give you shotgun D< In fact, I'm logging on the moment I post this.

Jaina, I'm sorry if I upset you or anything. >< It was just that everything in your post happened so suddenly that it didn't really make sense. If it helps, I don't think Shira should have been at the top of a staircase and then suddenly in the dungeon. There are stairs leading into the dungeon, but they're more like steps. Nothing with banisters. And it might not be fitting to call the dungeon passes a hallway. Hope that helps. ^^

Yeah, sorry, Lily. I should have made that a bit clearer. ><

Thanks. (: I like Gordon's better. The colors are very pretty~

I think I should go update the front page and reopen some of the spots. I doubt anyone will join now, but you never know. ><

ETA: By the way, mya, do you think you could do the blurb skeleton for Adrian too when you have time? It's just that I was trying to find his profile after I realized I forgot to put his name in the spots thingy. >< I'll have Sadine's today. Not sure if I can get an actual blurb though. I haven't really gotten into her head yet.

Edited by Mangaholic

Since it's been over twenty-four hours, I guess I'm allowed to post again. ><

Anyways, Mark, Sadine, and Adrian's blurbs are up. I can't figure out why Adrian's is indented and it's really bothering me, but I'll deal with it later.

I'll probably have a post up for Byrn and Hadyn by Friday, hopefully. Before then, let's hope we get a few more posts up from people. ;D I know we should hopefully be getting one tonight. /stares at a certain someone

eta: hey, I'll post for Alina some other time. It took me forever to do three posts last time. >.> Besides, I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to get her out of that dungeon alive. /facepalm

Edited by Mangaholic

Okay, triple post here, but I need to ask a question:

Lily, do you think Gordon will be able to stand up anytime soon, or is he just going to have to crawl to the tunnel entrance?

eta: I hate typos ><

eta: Kay, never mind, Lily. I just went ahead and posted. lmao I guess I'll get Byrn's post in some other time.

Edited by Mangaholic

Nessie... *hugs* I don't think I can say anything to make you feel better, but know that my heart's with you. <3 Take some time to calm down, and you'd better come back to us. I'll be waiting for your next IC post, because it will be wonderful. (:

And Manga, yes, Gordon will be able to stand and/or run when it comes down to it. It's just temporary fatigue and fear from the visions he saw.

ahhh thanks Lily. I honestly don't know what I would have done if Gordon couldn't walk. >< I made that pretty obvious in the IC post.

Yup, I'll type up a response now. And I guess it'll be time soon for a Kathy-post. None of the other hybrids following Haydn are posting, so I'm not quite sure what to say though. xd.png

Also, when Haydn said to "go back", did he mean back the way he came from (which would be in his own perspective), or back to the cell (in Gordon's perspective)? I would assume the former, but I want to make sure.

Yeah, I figured none of them were posting 'cause there wasn't really much to post about. x3 That's why I asked you if Gordon could walk. I was going to have Hadyn sort of leave him there to get the gate open so we could get the RP moving, but then I figured it would be better to let you get a reply in since we haven't really had the chance to post for so long. Plus, it seemed weird for him to not wait for a reply. lmao

He meant back to the cell. Well, back in that direction. x3 Definitely not back into the cell. I should have probably made that clearer, shouldn't I? The gate is a few metres beyond the cell, like at the end of the dungeon hall thing. ^^ It's not a gate though, so you probably shouldn't mention that. It's just a wall. xP

That's what I thought. I guess the winter/dark hybrids deserve their spotlight time, huh. |D So then Gordon'll just follow Haydn and help him get the gate open, I suppose. Unless something else stops them.

Ah, okay! I think it made sense, but I just wasn't really... thinking clearly. I'm kind of out of it these days, ahaha.

Nah, I'm not going to have something else stop them. That's going to take too much time, and I'm too lazy. /shot

lol it's summer so no worries. 8D

By the way, though, Hadyn's not holding a light. >< It's just Danni and maybe someone else whom I can't remember at the moment.

I'll get a reply to you in a few minutes, so if you're there, just hold on. ;D

EDIT: Finished~ Now everyone should be able to post now. I'll be sending PMs to people who haven't been posting just to make them aware.

Also, the translation for what Hadyn said is at the very bottom. It's not the exact translation, just to let you all know ;D

Edited by Mangaholic

Oh oops, I changed Gordon's post. Of course Haydn wouldn't be holding a light; he's carrying Ree. XD And I made a Kathy-post. c: So I figure that Kathy and Gordon are both done for now... at least they both made it.

welp.

this is what my ass gets for being away for a long time.

i am so confused right now.

fffff.

I love the graphic you made for Kathy, Lily. It's very cute~

lol Murder, is there anything I can help you on? x3

I can't exactly post for Sadine until Nessie posts. Hopefully she does soon. As for Alina, I think I'm going to at least wait for another one of the Dark/Winter characters to get out of this mess first.

By the way, Lily, what are you planning to do about Evelyn?

i'm still kind of on the precipice of wondering is that little thing i wrote even needed anymore ahah.

can't really see where i can fit it in.

Yeah, it is. ^^ It's just Gordon attacked Zie, who was the one attacking Harley (sorry, I'm calling him Harley from now on just because Dave doesn't stick), so Harley would have broken free of that whole vision thing without too much damage, if that makes sense. x3 Of course, you could always say Zie did manage to do some damage before Gordon killed him. It's up to you. Sorry if I'm making this even more confusing for you. x3

Evelyn is Sess's character, Manga. If she's coming back to RP (which, by this point, I don't think she is?), then we can maybe have a romantic developement between the two, but in the more likely scenario that she's not, then just kill off Evelyn. Gordon can have an unrequited love, then have his crush die, and experience the pain of losing a loved one. x3 This makes me sound sadistic, but he hasn't really had any hardships in his life so far, so it'll be a good opportunity, lol.

Oh, don't worry. I knew that. My memory isn't that bad, is it? x3

I just thought maybe Sessh had told you that she was coming back, so I was all excited lol. She told me a while back that I could open her spot, but I just kept Evelyn still there in case she decided to come back. /is so desperate

And lol I love how we talk about killing them off so nonchalantly.

I have a bad habit of writing primarily in flashback form. Pardon my slowness, I am trying to beat out a decent post and have very little computer access and my life is just akfjsiuatioeusafksja. I feel like I'm dragging this down, so if I become too much of a weight, do kick me out. Trying, nevertheless, because this RP inspires something in me.

No, I didn't mean that, Manga. x3 I just meant to say that whatever happens to Evelyn will be Sess's choice unless she's not RPing here anymore. And no, she didn't tell me anything otherwise, so I doubt she'll be rejoining us. ): But it's her birthday today, so go wish her a happy birthday! :D

lol I know, right? |D

Aw, Nessie, it's okay. c: I don't think anyone minds it...after all, we're just restarting after such a long hiatus. I think I just have no life, that's all. 8D;; Haha <3

oh gosh I use way too many smilies

Arg the pain!!! The pain of it all! Yeah I just read the entire page and now my brain is bleeding trying to place all of the puzzle piece together. Luckily I finally understood what the hell was happening and where Sophia was exactly!

I'm going to post now. Wooho! Posted!

Yes... I also had fun making a banner for the first time. You guys kinda corrupted me into it. xd.png

If you find it horrible I will refrain from using it tongue.gif

Edited by Skarx

It's fine, Nessie. Like Lily said, barely anyone has posted at all, so you're not holding us back. ^^ Besides, even if I did kick you out now, if you were to come back, I would just take you back in~

Whoops. I really fail at understanding people. Sorry, Lily. >< Haha, thanks for reminding me! I'll go do that.

I should probably go ask Sessh how she wants Evelyn to die. Maybe she'll decide to come back. xP

It's a really awesome banner, Skarx, so don't worry about it~ And I probably sound like I'm flattering everyone, but I'm serious. When you're a person who really fails artistically, every graphic and banner looks awesome. xd.png

Anyways, Skarx finished Sophia's blurb, and I'm going to put it up now. It's pretty depressing, so everyone should go read it! 8D lol

And on a side note, Kira seems to have disappeared. :/

ETA: This is extremely off-topic, but I just felt like saying it. I'm so glad that I finally found some good modern pop music from my people. I was starting to think that we sucked. ><

Edited by Mangaholic

Yeah, I'm double posting again, but hey, it's been twenty-four hours! Besides, I have a little announcement I need to make:

I'll be leaving in eight days. I've left the thread in the charges of Lily and Skarx, so if anyone has any questions or is confused, I'm pretty sure Lily and/or Skarx will be able to help out. I'm hoping there's not so much confusion that it just becomes chaotic. x3

Also, in order to allow those who have already posted to post again, in about five or six days, I'm going to post for Alina and/or Sadine (most likely just Alina if Nessie doesn’t post) so that the dungeon collapses completely after she/they make it in. Of course, anyone who posts after that post can just say that their character made it in before one of mine did. Hopefully, that doesn’t cause any confusion either. After that, I’ll get a post through for Hadyn. It won’t be long. Hadyn’s going to collapse/sit down about fifteen feet away from the tunnel entrance, so the others won’t have to worry about his ditching them. It’ll give all the characters a chance to check up on each other and maybe bombard Hadyn with questions/insults. I doubt Hadyn would start talking on his own anyways, and it’s usually easier to start when someone asks a specific question. Anyways, that’s my plan. Hopefully it works out. I might push the deadlines for my posts a bit closer so I don’t have stress out later in the week.

Also, Murder, if you’re still having character block with Harley, just go on and post for Breckin. That way, at least you have at least one character done and over with. ^^