Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

Actually, Murder, that's pretty good news. xd.png

Even if you did post, I wouldn't be able to post a reply if I had to until three weeks later.

I never thought of that, jaina. That's a pretty cool idea. I'll all for it. ^^ I won't make it a requirement or anything though, seeing as practically everyone is far too busy.

Where would you want to post the blurbs, though? I could link them directly to the main blurb, or you could link them to the profile. Or you could just post them in with your profile, though that probably wouldn't be a good idea with the character limit.

fff I actually had time to finish the Winter boy profile, so here it goes. Kinda rough, I may add some shiny eventually. This fancy bbcode crap never wants to work with me.

Username: MURDERcomplexx

Name: David “Dave” Alexander Harley

Birthday: October 3rd, 1994

Court: Winter Court

Appearance: Tall and lithe at 5’8”, Dave’s scrawny, fragile exterior hides his unyielding will. He has a fairly sickly look about him, constantly appearing to lack sleep, which he tends to cover with sunglasses. His eyes however shine with a brilliant blue, rivaling the sparkle of sunlight on the ocean. Cropped golden hair frames a pallid facial exterior, his left fringe bangs extending far below his face, and oftentimes hiding it from view. Rarely is Dave seen without earphones, wearing them around his neck like a fashion accessory. Generally revered with a high sense of style, Dave is usually seen wearing a light grey double-breasted jacket, dark pants, and a khaki turtleneck sweater.

Soon after his onset of power, Dave’s hair fades to a powdered blue, very delicately sloping off to silver at its roots. His complexion fades to almost colorless, which serves to highlight his seemingly tired appearance.

Personality: Silent and enigmatic, the mystery of Dave’s mind is only amplified by his aloof personality. He rarely speaks of his own accord, and even when he must answer, Dave will often only say a few words. He has taken to curiously observing instead, though he makes highly intelligent observations when he does speak. If the time comes where he does, indeed need to say more however, he has no fear in letting his words loose. His silence is attributed not to shyness, but to his generally inward way of thinking. Dave is often tired, suffering from narcolepsy, and will sometimes doze off at unplanned, and usually inconvenient moments. He is very calm and passive, and no one has ever seen him lose his cool.

He has a ravenous appetite, and can eat copious amounts of food without ever showing the physical taxation for it.

History: Dave was born and raised in London, the son of a successful businessman. He had never known his mother, only hearing that she lived in America. Though far from unloving, the man was never particularly attentive to his son; this led Dave to usually care for his own well being. He never complained, and found that his self-sustaining habits set him far apart from other children in terms of maturity. He showed no interest in their childish concerns, living a solitary life, until he was thrusted into the spotlight at age fifteen because of the discovery of his father’s corrupt ways of business.

It was of no surprise to Dave, who continued attempting to live his life normally. In a final saving grace however, his father sent him off to live with the mother he never knew, deep in the heart of New York City. The transfer proved difficult to Dave, who was largely unused to American culture, but he grew attached to his mother’s simplistic lifestyle, and the liveliness of New York streets.

Weaknesses: 1. Dave’s most prominent, and devastating weakness is his narcolepsy. The sleep varies in strength and duration, but usually as he exhausts his powers, he will sleep for longer periods of time. Normally though, he has—with the help of medication—minimized the attacks to only lightheaded dizzy spells.

2. It is very difficult for one to understand what Dave is thinking, due to his sheer stoic front. While this can also be an advantage, it dampens the feeling of unity around him as a whole, and—when paired with his seemingly apathetic demeanor—can lower one’s trust in him.

3. He’s cripplingly afraid of heights, and flying. His moving to New York had to be by boat, due to his absolute fear of going any higher than a few miles above the ground.

4. Physically, Dave is quite weak. His health has always been less than stellar, and he was never renowned for his athletic ability.

5. Dave’s stubborn personality could rival the best. Silent as he is, he will stand his ground in a disagreement, never backing down.

Skills:1. Dave is incredibly intelligent, and rational minded. His quick adaptation to anything he tries has given him a ranged array of talents, with a varied amount of skill at each.

2. The other side of his double edged sword, Dave’s emotionless demeanor grants him the ability to mask his true intentions and feelings. He can be quite manipulative when he wants to be, and whether or not it is possible for him to be angered, no one knows.

3. Ironically enough, Dave is a skilled climber. Though he usually limited himself to the heights of trees, rarely ever has he found something he absolutely could not scale at all.

4. What he lacks in power, he makes up for in speed. Dave is lithe, quick, and flexible, difficult to grasp, like water running through your fingers.

Special Abilities: Born with the touch of the Aurol and Wraithling, Dave’s body is usually freezing to the touch, so much so that at his whim, he could freeze water merely with a finger, and bend the light, to the desires of his mind. The air grows cold around him, which usually causes water droplets to condense on his skin, giving him a refractive appearance in the sunlight. Snow and ice are his servants, and the coldest winter, his kingdom.

With enough power, he could possibly freeze the innards of the human body itself. But none have ever successfully accomplished such a feat.

Unique Color: Cadet Blue

Edited by MURDERcomplexx

Finals this week and next. Will be free starting the 6th, I believe.

Until then, my heart is breaking and I need a break from everything. From life, from pain, from boys, from games. I need time to step back for the weeks of finals to just focus on surviving, because if I try to deal with anything pertaining to my life, emotions, and what I love, I think my heart will crack in two.

I will see you all on the fifth after my last final, or on the sixth before I hop on the plane to go home. At the very worst, I plan on drowning my sorrows online on the seventh, so you will definitely see me then. I'm sorry life is crazier than I anticipated.

--

EDIT: Oh, and sorry in advance for the double post. Also, my blurb is kind of a quick thrown-together-in-a-fit-of-procrastination-from-paper-writing, so I fully intend to smooth it out later, possibly even rewrite it. I just wanted to prove I still exist.

EDIT AGAIN: Being in Concord's head is odd. He is full of dirty words, which contrasts dreadfully with my habit of substituting the names of sweets for cuss words...

Edited by Elsendor

¢σи¢σя∂ є∂αи α∂υνιяι ΔΔΔ ♂♂ ||
ραɾαṉøïḋΔΔΔΔwιnтer coυrтΔΔΔΔ ṡεṉṡïτïṿε ΔΔΔΔ

And when the universe runs itself into the ground and the music fades, when nothing remains but memories floating without minds to reside in and no medium by which to exist, then perhaps all the unsaid things and all the trammeled feelings will have leave for release and will mingle and console one another... when we are all gone.

I am a coward.

Pain has been my constant companion, an integral part of my being, for longer than I can possibly describe. Seven years can become millenia, under the right circumstances. I have been ****ed at least twice as much as I have been kissed, and each time has stripped away a little more of my self-worth, my sanity, my motivation. I have had everything I loved torn away from me. I have, at every turn, been someone else's censorkip.gif*. And I have never really resisted it.

I am a leaf on the wind.

I am scarred.

I am full of wanting.

The intricacies of emotion hover beyond my capacity to express, and for who and what I am, I ought not care so much. I have screamed, I have burned, I have begged and pleaded without a whit of shame for the pain inflicted on my body and my soul, I have known laughter and bliss, and I have tried, so many times, to contain it all. Were all the pain summed into a word, would it hurt less? Were all the joy captured in a syllable, would it be easier to attain? That which within me aches for love and affection cries yes, yes, yes. Let me for once know the touch not of an abuser but of a lover, let me know what it is like to sigh for pleasure and not for longing, let me first understand the beautiful things in life, and I will gladly accept the shadows of the past.

I am nearly seventeen, and my life has yet to begin.

Let me be my own, at last. [let me decide my own censorkip.gif.]

↘↘

ΔΔєℓѕєи∂σя

So every time I have the time to reply to this thread, the forums always break down when I post. -___- Maybe's it's just my computer.

D: Nessie, I hope you find something to brighten your life and to mend all your problems before you head on back home. In the meantime, don't worry about this. ;]

Thanks for the blurb.

Murder, if you don't want to, you don't have to do all that random coding. It took me awhile trying to get the hang of coding and whatnot, and it might not be a very good way to spend your time if you're really busy. xP Besides, your profile looks nice as it is. I don't know why, but everything I post always looks so messy to me.

I'll put both the profile and the blurb up, and if there's anything either of you would like to fix, I'll be glad to do that. ^^

And here's to hoping the forum is still working.

ETA: Nessie, I'm going to link Concord's profile to that one page full of profiles for now, if you don't mind.

Edited by Mangaholic

Sorry for the double post.

I just wanted to say Shirogane_Hikari took the Mountain Court spot, so her profile should be popping up here pretty soon.

On a side note, in about two weeks, I'll be free! I don't know if I should be ecstatic and petrified.

On a random sidenote, I just sketched a very very poor rendition of Concord, because I felt like it. Just a vague five-minute ref pic. -shrugs- Butterfly scar has been left out because I FAIL at drawing tattoos.

Also, another doodle of a character I'd considered bringing in before I got super busy.

Another "I'm still alive!" report, basically.

Edited by Elsendor

Linking them to the profile would be good, and I liked writing from Shira's perspective, it was pretty fun and refreshing.

On a side note, I finish finals on the 10th hooray!

Rewritten, because the last one was driving me nuts. Now I can study in relative peace.

¢σи¢σя∂ є∂αи α∂υνιяι ΔΔΔ ♂♂ ||
ραɾαṉøïḋ ΔΔΔΔ wιnтer coυrт ΔΔΔΔ ṡεṉṡïτïṿε ΔΔΔΔ And when the universe runs itself into the ground and the music fades, when nothing remains but memories floating without minds to reside in and no medium by which to exist, then perhaps all the unsaid things and all the trammeled feelings will have leave for release and will mingle and console one another... when we are all gone.

You never realize how precious someone is until you lose him. Everything she did for you, the little things you never noticed, the faithful, day-to-day things that you took for granted. The way he made you feel, all the times you laughed and cried together, the long summer nights, the forbidden pleasures. The way she protected you, shielded you, when all along you believe the world really was made of sugar and ice, before the glass shattered and the curtains fell down, and the first horrific images you saw were burned into the deepest recesses of your soul. The way he soothed those burns, cooled the fire that had become a way of life, reminding you that it didn’t have to be that way. Why should it be that way?

Once upon a time, little boys bullied littler boys to build themselves up, and to drive the outcasts even further away. It wasn’t long before they were older, though, and the mommies and daddies taught them that it was unacceptable to be caught in their tormenting ways. Then they learned to be smarter, to be crueler, to wound without leaving marks. They learned to be masters at inflicting pain on the body, but even worse, they learned to inflict deeper, more intimate scars on the soul. Their barbs were words, their scratching, slander. They used names like blows; fαggøt, queer, slυτ. And when their prey gave up and died, what they heard was not the cries of the dying, but the keening of an angel.

You used to be sunshine, bubbles under a starry sky, a scion of Beauty herself. You were a light, charming and sweet and warm, a smile on the faces of tired old men. Your dancing was awkward, innocent, nonconformist. You were lighter than air, and the faintest breeze swept you off your feet. You never lifted a finger to force the world to change, but it changed around you, just to please you and see you grin. You left the world a little brighter in your wake, because you loved it so. You flirted with the earth, never quite hers, hovering just beyond her reach.

What changed? Was it the world, or you? Now you are tear-tracks, shattered glass, a pitiful waif. What misstep sent you hurtling down to this cold den?

I... I let down my guard, let the world too near, let my feet touch the ground, and it burned me.

↘↘

ΔΔєℓѕєи∂σя

Edited by Elsendor

I lied. I'm still too restless and inspired to do homework and study for tomorrow's final. Thus another blurb, which though much less poetic, I think captures Sen pretty well. ^^

Please excuse my double-post.

ιℓѕєи נαяє∂ νιмαяяσѕє ΔΔΔ ♂♂ ||
ïṉṉøсεṉτ ΔΔΔΔ roѕe coυrт ΔΔΔΔ ïɾɾερɾεṡṡïвlε ΔΔΔΔ There are only a few main characters in a typical world. They're the ones who go on adventures and slay dragons and get girls. Main characters almost always get happy endings. The rest of us? We're side characters. We get by.

My life hasn't been that complicated--OMG! It's a SQUIRREL!!

↘↘

ΔΔєℓѕєи∂σя

Edited by Elsendor

lol I love Sen's blurb. It's so adorable ♥

And Concord does look so much more masculine than Concorde does XD

Yeah, first person is actually pretty fun ^^ Makes me sort of want to keep writing in first person. But then, that would probably make things too complicated. x3

Speaking of finals, I should probably start studying more ><

Haha juuuuust a little more masculine. I fail at drawing boys. [at drawing in general, but especially boys] He came out looking a little too young... just... imagine him a few years older. -headdesk-

I'm soooo much happier with the new Concord blurb. The previous one was written in a complete daze with no brains. This one was real writing, the first bit of real writing I've done in ages.

Also, the italic parts of both their blurbs are lifted and slightly adapted from my blog, in actuality. Just a funfact.

Also, sowwee in advance for YET ANOTHER doublepost. -hidesunderapillow- I didn't really have time to rewrite, so I just prettied up Sen's profile since it's fairly new still anyways. I[ll probably rewrite it at some point when I get bored of it. Concord's I'm definitely rewriting [also I'm considering changing over to Concorde, spellingwise... <.<].

Edited by Elsendor

• ╔═════════════════════════════════════╗
Δ Δ Δ ιℓѕєи נαяє∂ νιмαяяσѕє Δ Δ Δ╚═════════════════════════════════════╝Username: Elsendor

Name: Ilsen “Sen” Jared Vimarrose

Date of Birth: Februrary 17, 1994

Court: Rose Court

Appearance: Sen is small and lithe, bordering on scrawny, with a build nearer that of a ten-year-old than a high school student of full sixteen years. His large, wondering eyes are a odd, soft grey-green shade, nicely complemented by a tousled crop of the wheat-gold hair inherited from his ancestors who first sailed from the Netherlands. His slightly lopsided smile is more earnest and friendly than handsome, his features open and honest. His skin is light and burns easily, with a storm of freckles about his nose and cheeks.

His style—or rather lack of it—speaks of a carefree spirit, but not a sloppy one. His clothing is neat and practical, presentable but not meant to impress. Sen favors khakis or the plain blue jeans that never seem to fit his undersized body, T-shirts in more or less varying shades and patterns of green, hoodies in cold weather, and a well-worn pair of bright red Converse chucks. A jade ouroboros pendant hangs around his neck from a black silk cord, passed down from generations back. He wears a silver watch on a wide, black leather strap that appears to be much newer than the watch itself.

Since the onset of his fey characteristics, his hair has turned a shocking dark green shade, soft but shot through with warm, bright streaks. His eyes are a bright, emerald green that better suits his bouncy personality and his light skin has turned a soft, light brown shade that mutes his freckles and makes the bright colours of his hair and eyes stand out all the more.

Personality: Sen is an accurate representation of his Rose Court ancestors, in that he is unfailingly carefree, lively—even hyper, at times. Catching him in a calm state is a considerable task even for his own family, let alone his friends and acquaintances. Incorrigible and downright irrepressible, he makes friends in a flash. Keeping them, however, is another matter. Somewhat capricious, he springs easily from one social group to another, inadvertently hurting feelings and breaking ties, hindering himself from a real, close friendship.

Easygoing and quick to forgive, he finds it difficult to understand when others are hurt and refuse his attempts to make amends. He is also ineffably curious, eager to poke his nose where it doesn’t belong and heedless of the consequences—“Curiosity killed the cat.” He is quite gullible and almost stubbornly naïve, believing that the more open he is to the world, the more opportunities are available, both good and bad. Being stolen from three times and cheated more than once has not dampened his spirits in the least.

Surprisingly, Sen is somewhat proud and headstrong, insistent on his own ways. He does as he likes without fear of the consequences, even, at times, with a bold streak of rebellion. He fears deeps and darks and revels in highs and brights. Caving and diving are frightening, flying and climbing are exhilarating. He loves caffeine, cats, squirrels, and the outdoors.

Though he has a bright, active mind, he tends to avoid introspection, preferring to get outside and stay busy. Sometimes he’s stubborn enough about his airheaded way of living that it becomes something solid, a wall, a shield that speaks of something deeper. For the most part he seems completely comfortable with himself, but sometimes he seems somewhat needy, searching for approval. He alternates alarmingly between isolating himself and throwing himself into social activities.

History: Sen has led a fairly mundane life thus far, growing up in Manhattan with both his parents and a pet cat, slightly spoiled but not overly so. He enjoys the benefits of the upper middle class—a nice house, everything he needs and a fair amount of what he wants, a steady allowance, a good school district, everything a normal boy needs. He generally hasn’t caused his parents too much trouble, save the occasional prank or mishap. His family epitomizes the “perfect American family,” with a single child, two working parents, and a loving relationship between parents and child.

His father is an professor in electrical engineering, his mother an elementary school teacher, so between the two he has gotten all the help he needs in his education. He is a bright boy, earning mostly A’s and the occasional B, above average but not particularly exceptional. At school, he has always had a group of friends around him, and the fact that not a single person in that group has remained constant has not yet begun to bother either his parents or his counselor.

The existence of a counselor in his perfect little life is the result of a single event that occurred when he was eight. On the way home from his second day of third grade, Sen witnessed a teenage girl being raped and murdered. The killer spotted him, wide-eyed and so pale his freckles stood out like the pox, and chased after him. He would have been killed but for a troup of alley cats that attacked the man and diverted him long enough for Sen to escape into a neighbor’s house. Each cat was one Sen had fed or rescued during the course of his young life. The killer, wanted for more than one such crime, was caught a week later and eventually executed, but the event has haunted the boy since. To the eyes of most he has recovered brilliantly, but his parents and his counselor occasionally glimpse a child more frightened by the ugliness in the world than he will ever admit.

Weaknesses: He can't swim very well and is afraid of deep and/or fast-flowing water. He also fears aquatic creatures (ex: fish, crustaceans, oceanic invertebrates, sharks, etc.) He has trouble remembering things, is impulsive, and has a short attention span. He is also easily distracted by things he considers to be pretty.

Skills: Sen is an excellent climber, whether it be rocks, trees, or buildings. He has an excellent sense of balance, is quite agile, and quick on his feet. He is good with his hands and inventive - if maybe a bit too much so, as he can get a bit out of control when he has an idea. He's quite alert to his surroundings, and has keen eyesight and hearing. He also has a rather astonishingly acute sense of taste.

Special Abilities: Sen is descended from a line of Florata. As a result, he can "communicate" with plants and obtain information from them about events that have happened within a certain distance of a plant.

Unique Colour: Dark green

Edited by Elsendor

I'm still here, although it's more like crawling back DX

Inbox is apparently fll, so until I get around to that...>.>

Yes, Manga, I'm still interested ^^;;

I just have to think up a fae/fey/faerie/Fair Folk/People of Peace ((haaa. That's a good one >.>))/Good Neighbors/however it's spelled here x.x

That . . . would be my fault. OTL

What happened was:

Odio disappeared for a prolonged amount of time, so I assumed that he had just packed up and left, especially since he didn't seem very involved in any other part of the forums. As a result, I opened up that spot again, and like a week later, Odio returned, made it seem as if he was here to stay, and then packed up his bags for real. He left a whole paragraph about what he had planned for his characters, in case anyone wanted to take either of them on, and Lily did.

I'm sorry about that. I know it might tick you off a bit since you had to wait for so long until Rosella left.

We sort of have the same dilemma with the Storm Court as well, except it's three chicks instead of guys. Libbie didn't answer my PM, so I figured she had left, and then Jaina came back with Shira, and now Libbie is back, so. . . .

Mew? I'm not ticked off. I just wanted to clarify. -sweatdrop-

I think we should have a big WHO THE HECK IS STILL HERE AND WHO IS LEAVING thing, and then go from there. XP I'm soooo confused lately.

RAWR! I'm here and I most definitely will be active, with a brief lull after the tenth as I go home from far away and get my computer set up again

I'm here, and Thursday is my last day of finals. If Tales of Vesperia doesn't grab all my attention, I might be able to finally finish this Changeling thing. I've got it about halfway done.

In any case, maybe we might even be able to come up with some interesting reason for there being three in the courts, but who knows lol.

Edited by MURDERcomplexx

........ we could just completely deviate from the 16 16-year-olds thingummy and go crazy? Sort of free-for-all, which makes creating characters and such a lot easier... only require that every court be represented... or something... -hides-

Or if people are into playing villains, there could be villain hybrids and 16 non-villain hybrids?

Or have the 16 fae-umbra-humans, and then some fae-humans who are not part of the prophecy but can still kick ass in the roleplay...

Or we could let people play faeries and stuffs...

Or we could have 16 fae-umbra-humans and 16 fae-demon-humans...

Or we could go completely free-for-all and eventually dissolve into confusion and chaos...

Or--I'll shut up now.

/raises hand I'm here too! But I'm forcing myself to go inactive until the twelfth because I should study D<

I would do that, but that requires too much work. >< Let's wait until the rp moves a bit and everyone what the heck is going on because we decide on the appearance of more characters. Plus, I'll have to go telling people about the multiple secrets I have in mind.

Btw, Nessie, I don't think I ever finished telling you about that one thing.

And I still have your Fjol, if you want to go back to looking over that.

Hello, Still here and alive.

Personally... We should stay with the initial program, two spot for each court all 16 or so and everything, it was part of the initial story and I believe should stay so as changing things allows entry to too much chaos and disorder... In my experience anyway. I also just don't like the fact that there would be more since it was part of the prophesy and all... would break the plot which is one of the things I REALLY like about this RP having many hybrid... would break it all.

We got 3 winters? Gather them up and see if one would accept to change, one of them disappeared then poofed back? Well... Who goes hunting lose it's place... technically. Unless they warned before of course.

I am sure everyone here is mature enough to be able to settle this no?

Now... I ain't here to give orders or say you guys are wrong I just thought... I should speak my mind...

... ... ...

I have no idea, just throwing ideas against the wall to see if any stick. I shall say more when I am home and not in an airport on sketchy internets.

I did warn before hand Skarx, I was having trouble due to school but now summer is coming

I ain't blaming anyone here. I did say if you warn... Maybe... there was something to do. I'm no one to judge others on that matter.

But really... I don't have much to say more then what I already did.