Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

Username: myahoo

Name: Adrian Eldridge

Birthday: June 18, 1994

Court: Dark Court

Appearance: Adrian is rather slender, but wiry, for a teenage boy of 5’5”. He has soft, black hair, which he’s grown out enough to reach his neck, and hard, black eyes, which pay attention to every movement and are suspicious of every friendly gesture. He wears comfortable, casual clothes as often as he can—usually a pair of blue jeans, a t-shirt, and a nice pair of sneakers—because he hates having to dress formally, and carries a Swiss army knife in his pocket for emergencies. His wallet and his cell phone are also on him at all times, except when he sleeps, “in case something unexpected happens.”

Personality: An uncaring nanny and busy parents in his childhood means Adrian is independent and doesn’t take kindly to authority. He respects those who deserve it and ignores those who don’t, though he will be indifferent to those he doesn’t know. After almost getting cheated out of his money by several groups of people at different times during his educational career, he has become realistic about people and greed and is suspicious of kindness from both strangers and acquaintances. Despite having nobody to help him with school and homework, he loves to learn and always shows up to class punctually and remains attentive regardless of the subject matter. He is no suck-up, though; his pride wouldn’t allow him to pay compliments to people who haven’t earned them. He also hates being out of the loop, so he listens to the news and to the gossip on the streets and in the school.

One thing he found surprising was how much animals calmed him when he was emotional. After that argument with his parents, he’d found himself at the closest animal shelter, having volunteered there until they closed, after which he marveled at how calm he was. It wasn’t that he held grudges or anything; it was just that it usually took a while for him to calm down after getting into an argument of that size.

History: Adrian is the only child of a wealthy couple, who hadn’t planned on having a child for a few more years. As a result, he grew up under the care of a nanny, who provided whatever he wanted, as long as he didn’t bother her. He rarely saw his parents, and when he did, they were always rushing from place to place or were exhausted from work, providing little attention or care to the young child.

Years passed and he was left to his own devices, the nanny only checking on him every once in a while and teaching him the skills necessary for him to survive on his own so she wouldn’t have to do anything. He also attended a public school, where he learned about character, people, and greed, giving rise to his suspicious and realistic outlook.

Two years ago, his parents finally secured their financial stability and their retirement funds and decided to spend more time at home. Of course, they found out that the nanny had been taking the money they set aside for Adrian’s care and keeping it for herself, while Adrian had been free to do whatever he liked, as long as he didn’t say anything about the nanny’s actions and didn’t bother her. They immediately fired her and went about trying to be parents.

That backfired spectacularly as Adrian was used to taking care of himself and having no authority figure above him, except what he allowed, which led to a huge argument and Adrian storming out. He didn’t return to the house until a week later, having spent the week with a friend, and his parents tried their hand at parenting again, which, needless to say, didn’t work. Several months passed in this fashion before they decided to try family counseling. Again, it worked about as well as everything else they had tried earlier, which is to say, not at all. They gave up trying to fit into a role that didn’t exist anymore and found a balance both sides could live with; as long as they treated each other as equals, there would be no intentional problems.

By the time Adrian celebrated his sixteenth birthday, he had gotten along with his parents and had begun to view them as parents. They were settling into a sort of normal family structure until Midsummer’s Eve came…

Weaknesses:

- His dislike of authority makes it difficult for him to follow orders or directions.

- He is lazy, never really having to make anyone proud, and does most things at his own pace.

- He is suspicious of kindness and frequently suspects others of an ulterior motive, which makes it difficult to tolerate him.

- Since his parents are wealthy and set aside quite a bit of money for his use and the nanny had let him spend the money on whatever he wanted, he is relatively spoiled.

Skills:

- Because of his distrust of people, he has learned to be observant, so as not to be caught off-guard again.

- When he is interested in a subject, he is a hard worker and focused on the task.

- His need to be kept informed means he is aware of local events and knows a lot of what is going on.

- For a rich kid, he is able to fade into the background rather quickly; people tend to forget he is around when he shuts his mouth and listens.

Special Abilities: He is descended from the Bahrgeist of the Dark Court, the fey who are able to shape-shift into a huge dog, though he doesn’t have the ability to change yet. At the moment, the only indications of his ancestry are his eyes, which have become a dark red, and his teeth, which have become jagged fangs.

Unique Color: Rosewood (65000B)

I haven't abandoned this or anything! It's just that I don't like posting when there's nothing for me to say. >.>

But now there is! Sort of.

I just put up the blurb skeleton for Mark, so now there's a link to his profile~

Oh, and on a random side note, happy birthday, jaina~

Thank you manga. Been a bit thoughtful lately cause of my birthday. I'm twenty now and I just never expected so many things to happen in the world during the short time that has been my life.

Anyways we hopefully see that post soon?

Oh god. I know it's me holding this up, and seriously, if anyone wants to take over the changelings let me know. I like the idea of writing the post, but I don't want to hold things up just because my life is crazy right now.

On a more positive note, I found about half of my MS files on a backup drive.... -nervous laugh-

That's a good thing, right, Nessie? /slightly confused

Anyways, I guess I'll just finish up the post myself, now that I have more time to myself. x3 If it seems BSed, it's probably because I did BS it. And if it doesn't, then I guess either I found my muse or I just got lucky. xd.png

I should be able to finish the post by Thursday (I would say earlier but I'd rather not) so long as I get a couple PMs replied back at least by tomorrow.

Jaina, if Shiro doesn't show up by the time one of the Changelings' victims replies, you're free to go on with her character. I don't know when she'll be back. :/

ETA: Is it just me, or did anyone else ever think that Varianne is Asian?

Edited by Mangaholic

So... how's the RP? Still on halt?

For now, it's still on halt. I finished up the part that I needed to finish, though. It's just really short. Now, I'm just waiting for a couple replies before I go ahead and post it~

Oh, and I still have to type it too.

Okay, I've posted the Murderholic post~

Meaning Murder and I worked on the post together, of course. ;D

If something sounds off in a part that sounds like something of mine, it might be because I was singing while I was typing that part up. I can't think while I'm singing. ><

Anyways, everyone is welcome to post once one of the dungeon characters responds. The Changelings are attacking Harley and Concord, but it Nessie or Murder can't post within the next couple of days, I'll probably write another short post about their attacking Adrian instead. I probably would have used Adrian as a victim in the first place, but I'd already written Harley's and Concord's, and I'm too lazy to write another. >.>

The cell door is open now, meaning any Dark/Winter hybrids that aren't a victim of the Changelings can probably escape though there. I would think that the Changelings are right by the door, since they would attack the nearest people, but they might be too distracted to notice. On the other hand, you could always have your character try to attack the demons. Whichever is the suitable action for your character.

After at least one of the characters in the cell responds, I really don't mind what the other characters do afterward, so long as it's realistic and all the characters end up in the tunnels.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask me~

I'm pretty sure I forgot to say something. ><

Now what on earth am I going to do with Shira.... Hrmm *chews lip* I'm open to suggestions, I'd had some ideas but I kinda forgot them.

I don't have any ideas for Shira either, jaina. At least not any exciting thing. Sorry. >< I was still hoping that Shiro would show up before now, but I guess she's just gone poof.

I think Sen, Sadine, and Carlie (and possibly a bunch of other people) are still standing outside the dungeon door. If anything, you can just say that Shira heard a loud commotion, rushed off to see what it was, and found the bunch of them still outside. It's not exciting, but if you can't think of anything else, just do that. x3

Yes, Nessie, get back to work! I miss reading your posts. Well, I miss reading everyone's posts. It's been way too long. xP

Hey, this is sort of off-topic, but if I have your email address and you got a weird, inappropriate email from you, I just want you to know that it wasn't me. >.> I think it was a hack. Sorry about that.

This counts as a bump post~

Oh, if someone doesn't post by Friday (which is when I'll probably have more free time), I'm going to switch one of the Changelings' victims to Adrian.

Shiro-chan was online today. o.O I think she's just forgotten that she joined this RP. She can be a scatter-brain like that. I'll bug her to come look at the RP for ya.

Thanks Kira, I would really appreciate that. ^^

Have you seen Libbie too, by the way? She sort of went poof too after I told her she could take the Thunder spot. >.>

No problem~

I haven't talked to Libbie in a long awhile D: Last time she replied to my PM, she linked me to a chat where apparently that's where I could find her, though I haven't found her there yet >.> So, I have a feeling she's not going to be active for the RP.

Exams are oveeeeeeeeer!!! Yeeees! =DDDD

Mkay, so for the RP, should I write up a Gordon post now (him seeing the Changelings for the first time, freaking out, wondering what the hell is making the others scream, etc.) or later, after the victims of the Changelings have posted? And also, to confirm, the other victim besides Varianne is Concord, yes?

Thanks, Kira. I guess it's a good thing that she hasn't really posted for her character then. :/ Hopefully, she comes back soon if she does plan to.

Lily! /glomps Happy graduation!!!! :]]

It would be really great if you could write a Gordon post now. x3 It didn't really matter to me which of the Dark/Winter characters posted, so long as one of them did before everyone else did. It's just that they haven't really had any fun until now. lol

Well, Clay was the first victim (which was whom Varianne saw Zie coming up to and killing first), and Varianne got her face cut open by Byrnedette (yes, very graphic). They both die, and the victims are Concord and then Harley (or if one of them doesn't post soon, Adrian and the other).

Sorry for the semi-long (and probably unnecessary) explanation. I just wanted to mention Varianne getting her face cut open. xP

ETA: there's a semilong Ooc pos I made a few posts up that I think you should look at, Lily. It just sort of fills you in about certain stuff that you might not already know. Typing this on my iTouch so if something looks weird, now you know lol

Edited by Mangaholic

Thanks! Actually, grad is tomorrow, so I'll be back really late. Therefore, I think I shall get up at 8am just to write that post. 8D (Our ceremony starts at 11am. =P)

Ah, oops. Yeah I skimmed that OoC post when I was first reading through this thread. That'll teach me to ignore details. Mkay, it's just that I totally forgot that we had Clay in the RP... x3 I couldn't figure out who Zie was attacking, and read the profiles over and over again to try to find someoen that fits the "dark hair, dark eyes" description lol.

Yay! You posted, Lily! 8D

haha I forgot about Clay and Varianne too (derpderp I keep calling her Vynnette). Murder reminded me about them. xd.png

I'm going to type up a post before tomorrow ends. I have to, because for some weird reason, several people we haven't talked to for years suddenly contacted us and dropped by our house. It happened today too. >.> And so, I'm booked for the entire weekend, and possibly Monday as well.

Let's see. I'm going to get Hadyn to just lead them all to the dungeons, and I'll probably find a way to make things super chaotic just for the heck of it. If you have a Winter/Dark character, probably won't be able to post before me, and have some ideas about adding to the chaos, contact me and I'll find a way to add it in. ^^ I really don't want my character doing it. x3

I forgot to mention! I figured Zie would be attacking Harley, and Byrnedette would be attacking Concord, since Concord's fear is sort of more beautiful, and Byrn loves beautiful things. lol

By the way, Lily, was the one Gordon attacked Zie? I don't know why, but I just imagined Zie as the smaller of the two. Maybe because he's been the smaller until now.

And one more thing! I figured I should just write Adrian's version and post it. If Murder posts first, then we'll just have Adrian as a victim instead of Concord, and vice versa. That way, it'll save me the pain of having to figure out who's to replace. x3

Now, I think that's all I have to say. I'm off to bed now. Ciao~

Yeah, it was Zie that Gordon attacked. I always imagine him being the smaller of the two as well. :3

I am so sorry! I don't know why it took me nine hours yesterday just to write two posts. sdkjskj and short ones at that. D; I tried to finish up this morning, but I hadn't gotten to type them all out before I had to go to my friend's party. It wasn't the coding though. I did that awhile back when I was bored and had nothing better to do. (Plus, Byrn's was just Sessh's). >.> Anyways, hopefully, you guys like them. At least this means you can all post now.

If I didn't make it clear enough, the dungeon is starting to collapse.

And thanks Lily. ^^ I had already started writing with the idea that Gordon was attacking Zie in mind, so it's good that we both thought the same. xP

EDIT: by the way, mya, if you want me to change the way Adrian reacted, just tell me. (:

Edited by Mangaholic

If I'm understanding this correctly, Alina's madness is what caused the shadows and all, including the black tendrils attacking Byrn and the things causing the dungeon to collapse?

Lovely formatting, btw, Manga. (: <3

Nope, it works, Manga. smile.gif The only thing is Adrian's eyes are dark red, not black, but that's just a detail.

And the black tendrils are Adrian's work, Lily.

Thanks, Lily. ^^ It took me forever. xP I don't really like Hadyn's as much as Alina's though. It's too plain. I should have just done his the same. ><

Ahhh, whoops, sorry about that, Mya. I had a feeling his eyes were a different colour, but I was too lazy to check. x3 I'll go fix it right now. If not now, later, because I have yet another dinner party to go to.

Yup, the black tendrils are Adrian's. I just figured I could make them trigger a shadow storm from Alina just in case anyone was picky enough to say they didn't think just one person could make an entire dungeon collapse. xd.png

I know this is a double post, but no one's going to look at this if I just edit my other post.

Jaina, I know I said I didn't mind your having Shira attack the changelings, but did you at least read all the posts I made before you made yours? You left out a lot of things that happened, and a lot of your post doesn't make sense. It's not clear at all where she is, and to get to the Changelings, she would have had to pass through the big group and whatnot first, which she didn't. Sorry if I sound bossy or anything. It's just not very realistic. >< Just trying to point out some of the stuff I noticed.

Edited by Mangaholic