Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

Sorry for never coming back on after I logged offline, Nessie. x3

From that point till the time I went to bed, I'd worked on finishing my book, which I didn't, but I seriously killed my eyes. I couldn't bear looking at the computer after that. ><

But great news is that I finished the book yesterday! 8D It was such a good book. I'm so glad I picked it.

Being the lazybutt I am, I'll probably just move all my FB stuff over to Tumblr. XD

I've seen Kenosis lurking around lately. ^^

Oh, and I finally finished the IC post I needed for this other roleplay, so now I can finally get onto an NPC post for MS.

so I'll see a post soon? hurrah! Anyways, no rush, I've started writing a fanfiction novel, and I really have no idea how long it's going to be... which might be a bad thing. I mean I have a plot laid out, but no real time line for how fast it all should happen...

Crap I've been spotted. All my ninja training comes to naught. ninja.gif

Moving past my weak sneaking skills hello all, it has been a pleasure to lurk around in this thread and the main MS on as well reading some very well written posts.

@Manga: no worries!! I actually ended up not being able to get back online that evening anyways. -shrug-

-pouncetacklehugs Kenosis- YAY!!!! Welcome to the thread!!!!

Aaand I should get cracking on my next posts. Especially the Ancadel one, because I've put it off long enough.

EDIT: Also, on a completely unrelated note, are the graphics on my posts showing up? dA is blocked for me until I get back to campus, so I can't figure out whether that's just internet censors kicking in or my graphics have somehow died.

Edited by Elsendor

Sorry for the somewhat crappy post.

I know the beginning is a bit strange.

I decided to listen to an old war song while writing that, and it really made me want to cry (but I didn't!).

But yeah, I can't really pay attention to what I was writing, and I'm so riled up right now by that song.

lol I feel like I'm making this too personal for my own good.

But anyway, yay! I finished that post!

Nice to meet you, Kenosis! ^^ I've been waiting to see you add a word in ever since Nessie told me you were joining.

You're reading the entire thread too? O:

Don't worry, Nessie. I see your graphics just fine.

Man, this song. . . . can't stop listening to it.

I see rainbows...

anyways, thank you for posting manga, I'll get a reply up sometime in the next few days

I'm certainly not reading all of the OOC, just the main story thread. Later I may skim though the OOC but I'm not that masochistic as to read all of the out of character shenanigans.

Take your time, jaina. ^^ I certainly took mine. lol

Yeah, I would be really shocked if you managed to read through all that OoC stuff, Kenosis. That would be really boring. o.o

I hope you don't mind my asking, but how far have you gotten through the IC thread?

And to everyone who has sent me a PM: if I don't answer it today, I'm not ignoring you, so please don't think that! I have to go help my brother clean the windows right now. ><

I'm on page twenty now and I'll probably recharge and then finish the rest of it before I go to bed this evening.

I'm going to post my character profile for people if they would like to view/critique it. Anything is much appreciated and I'm sure I made quite a few mistakes so don't be afraid to point them out to me.

Thanks in advance and without further ado I'd like to present my brain child from the past few days.

Username: Kenosis

Name: Anrion Asmodeus Kolarov

Birthday: July 18th 1993

Court: Dark

Appearance: Anrion stands five foot ten inches tall and weighs one hundred and thirty four pounds. Of largely Slavic stock, his facial features appear vaguely elfin with high cheek bones and a narrow face. His eyes are a piercing blue and as cold as ice while his black hair rebels messily against the rest of his rather severe features. Due to his heritage his skin is pale, not a lack of sun but a genetic predisposition. Anrion’s right arm is a stub that extends only about four inches due to an incident during his childhood

Given his family’s position in the upper social strata, Anrion normally dresses to fit his status. Though he dresses often in khakis and solid color dress shirts, he scorns ties due to his handicap. His color palate is a muted one ranging from silver to unobtrusive shades of blue. He wears dark brown dress shoes both for style and martial art Savate. On his left wrist there is a black bracelet which, upon closer inspection, is simply black thread that has been wrapped around his wrist. Very few clothes Anrion wears bear any tag having been constructed by the boy with needle, thread, and fabric. These handcrafted garments resemble their store bought counterparts excepting an ornate black T stitched onto the right sleeve or leg.

As a child, Anrion lost his right arm four inches from his shoulder. Due to this, he prefers to wear short sleeves. When necessary, he will wear his prosthetic which makes no attempt to mimic skin, rather displaying simple black metal. Even when using his prosthesis, Anrion prefers to use his left hand rather than rely on his man made arm. Whether he wears his prosthesis or decides against it, he moves with a practiced, deliberate grace which speaks of one who has practiced simple motions numerous times in order to compensate for his disability. Even when forced to don his right arm, he coaxes the mechanical joints to perform disturbingly organic motions, as if this limb was the one destined for him not his previous one of flesh, blood, and bone.

With the awakening of the single drop of Kal’Thlak blood within his veins, Anrion’s physical appearance began to change. His black hair gained grey and silver streaks which ran through it as highlights while his skin began to take on a faint grayish tone. When angered, his elfin features sharpen, arresting the eyes of those around him. Perhaps as an indication of his smoldering anger, his eyes begin to darken, slowly descending to a sooty black out of which only two dark red spots burn.

Personality: Much influenced by his past, Anrion approaches the world with a particular detachment stemming from his core belief, that Human beings define themselves not through the joy or suffering they experience but through the pain they inflict upon others. He believes that the way for him to begin to extricate himself out of this cycle is through emotional detachment. Emotions, he believes, lead to rash choices which will inevitably inflict pain on another. Therefore he views emotions, irrational actions, and basic human interactions as the universal cause of a vicious Catch 22, forcing man to inflict pain upon others and in doing so experience a “prescribed life.”

This belief system has great repercussions in Anrion’s personality and his interactions with others. In many cases he would react slowly, attempting to understand the consequences of each action he takes and cause as little damage as possible. Through experience, however, he has seen people twist whatever is sent their way into a weapon to inflict harm upon others; thus he admits that in most cases this in depth consideration is unwarranted and unnecessary. Despite this conclusion, he prefers to approach situations with a cool head and a determination to avoid the life he believes is destined for him. These preparations tend to leave him coolly and rationally surveying situations that would cause others discomfort or panic.

When interacting with other humans, he often comes across as aloof or arrogant due to his view that those he is interacting with have not recognized the basic structure of human nature. Those who act due to their perception of furthering good particularly irritate him due to their ignorance or denial of the repercussions that their actions cause. That said, he still holds the “do-gooders” above those who actively cause pain to others.

Anrion prefers to steer away from conflict, understanding that he is disadvantaged in any physical confrontation due to his condition. When he deems the conflict to be important enough, Anrion will throw himself into an argument, abandoning his care for the consequences of his actions but retaining his near emotionless demeanor. If the conflict seems to have the inevitability of violence he is not above resorting to backstabbing and other dirty tactics, preferring to strike first and question his actions later.

In an unsurprising reaction to both his childhood and his physical situation, self dependence is a trait that Anrion has worked diligently to cultivate in himself. While this preparation have imparted to him many skills that allow him to operate independently it also leads him to quickly remove himself from a situation and strike out on his own if he feels that the current approach is incorrect. This tendency often causes him to depart from situations that can be easily solved but have been bogged down in discussion, preferring to either take his desired course, thus forcing others to follow his “best” decision, or simply find another solution to the problem without the petty squabbles of others.

The defining characteristic of Anrion is his confidence and unflappability; if he makes a decision he will stick to it come Hell or high water although he has no qualms revising his plans as circumstances change. These traits allow him to quickly assess situations and respond to them in a firm and decisive manner often forcing him into leadership role which will perform but detests, feeling that when a decision affects so many, it will only end in pain. Just as often, however, his attitude may run awry with the group’s causing him to strike out on his own.

History: Anrion’s past was filled with all the idyllic comforts that bespoke his place in society. Born in the rural outskirts of New York City he grew up functioning as an isolated only child. His father, a CEO for a military technology firm, provides more than enough for the family, while his mother, a fashion designer, has devoted most of her life to her employment. As a child he may have had contact with his parents at most twice a week and he was raised by the housekeeper, Terra.

Despite the strict curriculum laid out for Anrion in both growing up and schooling, Terra doted on the boy and was rewarded with the child’s love and admiration in return. While math and the sciences were the subjects pushed by his father, Gareth, it was Terra who discovered Anrion’s true talent, the deft working of his hands. This was expressed, to his mother’s joy, in manipulation of needle and thread and, his father’s approval, in the violin. By the age of twelve Anrion was well developed as a prodigy of the instrument, enough so to garner passing attention from his father who supplemented his hours spent coaxing melancholy notes from the instrument with professional lessons.

Only weeks before his fourteenth birthday, Anrion was given a most unwelcome early gift from his father. That morning Terra did not arrive at the mansion to greet him with a cheery smile and a question of what her “little Maestro” had ready to play for her that day; his father had determined that freedom from oversight was the greatest gift he could give his son and released the young housekeeper. Despite his protests, Terra did not arrive the next day, or the next. She did, however, appear at the mansion the third day after her firing not wearing a smile but instead a black mask, and accompanied by several armed men.

Terra, Anrion learned, had leveraged too much into her continuing employment and now had several debts to pay, debts that Gareth and his firm could pay. Despite kidnapping the boy, Terra and her associates did not gain their demands as Gareth appeared to be more loyal to his company than his son, refusing to even speak to his son’s kidnappers and giving the police every freedom to capture the criminals.

Pushed to the brink by both Gareth’s actions and her compatriots’ disgust in the lack of payment, Terra resorted to blatant intimidation to force her former employer’s hand. The destruction of the only reason the father ever cared about Anrion, his musical talent, should gain the reaction she sought. Sleep deprivation and strain had worked their way into her mind, forcing a course chain of events which seemed extreme, even to her fellow captors. She took Anrion’s right arm, in her madness choosing to chop through the boy’s bicep, ending his musical career. This grisly token was then shipped to the boy’s father, raising the stakes on Gareth’s refusal to capitulate.

The boy awoke from his tormented dream to realize that his nightmare was reality as he stared at a poorly cauterized stump of an arm and heard the rantings of the only person he had ever truly trusted outside his dank cell’s door. His terror only grew as he realized that what was left of his right arm was still bleeding, potentially fatal if left unchecked. In this moment, he turned to his other great talent, managing to quell the bleeding through stitching up his badly damaged arm with his nondominant hand, using needle and thread he always carried.

Terra’s vicious gambit finally garnered a response from Anrion’s father, but instead of crumbling to the captors’ demands as his wife wished to do, he used his power to leverage a vicious assault on his son’s kidnappers, killing most of them and recovering his now useless son.

Unsurprisingly, the incident caused great turmoil in the family, resulting in Anrion’s mother divorcing his father and gaining custody of her son. Now living in a New York city flat with his mother, Anrion, after several months of counseling, was sent to school, and allowed to interact with his peers, something that had been almost completely denied to him in the past. As his therapist had suggested, the boy approached the interaction with those his age with a hope of a “normal” life. He was viciously disappointed, twisting both the kind and cruel reactions about his lack of a right arm and hysterical outbursts into a unifying belief; he clung to it, holding it as the one truth of the human condition: that human beings measured their existence not through the joy or suffering they experience but through the pain they inflict upon others.

Thus steeled, Anrion approached his sixteenth year of life detached from the world and emotionless, determined to not allow himself to be used for the definition of others’ lives.

Weaknesses:

1. He has lost his right arm, limiting his ability to perform many basic tasks that most people take for granted.

2. Due to the loss of his dominant hand only two years ago, he is not as dexterous as a normal human.

3. His cold demeanor tends to alienate people around him, and his tendency to act without consulting doesn’t exactly help matters

4. Anrion experiences great pain in his right shoulder due to the splintering of his humerus when he lost his arm.

5. He is a loner, preferring to operate by himself rather than with a group, causing him to be slow in forming bonds with others due to his perception of them as potential enemies.

Skills:

1. Given his unorthodox schooling, Anrion possesses an excellent tactical and psychological understanding.

2. He has learned much about the human body and how to treat its ills due to his preference for independence, making him a fine medic with or without his bloodline’s ability.

3. He has spent the past two years training in savate de rue, a French art of kickboxing, attempting to find a method of defense which fit with his disability.

4. Anrion has a good ear for music and prefers to spend much of his free time composing.

5. His emotional detachment and surety allow him to retain a cool head in almost any situation.

Special Abilities: As his Kal’Thlak blood awakens, the irony of Anrion’s stitching of his arm up becomes more and more apparent. Being a distant descendant of the Stitchers of the Dark Court, he will begin to manipulate shadows into thread. While he lacks the ability of his ancestors to tie the physical form to the shadow, he can repair injuries with his shadow thread.

Unique Color: LightSteelBlue4

Aaand I went and read it again. Why do I keep reading it? It's scary. Super excited to see Anrion show up though!! :]

Sorry, I couldn't log on yesterday! I was busy yesterday. Spent literally twenty-five minutes or so scrubbing a pot that my mom had left on the stove too long, along with a bunch of other dishes. The one time I realize something is burning, and it's already almost completely burnt. -.-

On a most random side note, I went to a Korean supermarket with my family the other day. My mom and I walked by the fish stand, and the Hispanic guy working there said, "Ni Hao" to us. He was trying to be nice, of course, so I'm not ranting about racism or anything, but I just found it amusing that we're in a Korean place where most everyone speaks Korean, and he would greet us in Mandarin.

But anyway, giant character sheet to read! 8D

Hey, To Kenosis, everything in violet (or black if I forget to code it) is directed to you. :] (Sorry, I just realized saying hey might seem a bit rude. >< ).

Firstly, is Anrion's name pronounced AWN-ree-in, or another way? That's what I've trying to figure out lately, of all things I should be doing. xP

I'm going to seem like a total Grammer Nazi/jerk, but I really don't mean to offend or anything! I just have a big pet peeve when it comes to grammar (even though when I speak, I tend to mess up on my grammar rules anyway ><), and it bothers me when there's a mistake somewhere. Of course, I probably make more typos than the average person, so I'm not one to talk. OTL

There should be a comma in his birthday date, after July 18th and a hyphen in thirty-four. On a random side note, I didn't realize elfin was a word. I thought it was spelled elven! O: Man, if I had known that, I could have used it in Wordfeud.

Cheekbones is one word. ^^

Due to his heritage his skin is pale, not a lack of sun but a genetic predisposition.]

Here, you should add as a result of after not.

Anrion’s right arm is a stub that extends only about four inches due to an incident during his childhood

You forgot a period here. :3

He wears dark brown dress shoes both for style and martial art Savate.

I think I understand what you're saying here, but you should probably fix the wording for the part referring to his martial arts. ;]

Very few clothes Anrion wears bear any tag having been constructed by the boy with needle, thread, and fabric.

This sentence is worded a bit strangely. Are you saying that Anrion makes most of his clothing?

These handcrafted garments resemble their store bought counterparts excepting an ornate black T stitched onto the right sleeve or leg.

Yup, I was right. >< Also, you need a hyphen in store-bought.

Anrion prefers to use his left hand rather than rely on his man made arm.

There should be a hyphen in man-made too.

as if this limb was the one destined for him not his previous one of flesh, blood, and bone.

You should put a comma after him just to separate the two things. ^^ Yes, I know, things. Very clear. x3

that Human beings define themselves not through the joy or suffering they experience but through the pain they inflict upon others.

Did you mean to capitalize the word Human? If you did, pay me no mind. ^^ I do that with certain words, too~

I was going to remark on how harsh Anrion's belief seems, and then I realized that it's very similar to Buddhist teachings. o.0

attempting to understand the consequences of each action he takes and cause as little damage as possible.

It's not really necessary to do this, but you should add to before cause in order to distinguish it come the he takes part. Sorry, my knowledge of correctly grammatical terms is very limited. ><

thus he admits that in most cases this in depth consideration is unwarranted and unnecessary.

In-depth should have a hyphen in it. ^^

self dependence is a trait that Anrion has worked diligently to cultivate in himself.

Self-dependence should have a hyphen in it.

While this preparation have imparted to him many skills that allow him to operate independently

Have should be has; also, it would be great if you could add a comma at the end of this clause. ^^

or simply find another solution to the problem without the petty squabbles of others.

Just to make the entirety of that sentence a bit clearer (not that it wasn't already clear! It's just my somewhat slow and hurried mind--which makes no sense), you should add a to before or after simply. ^^

The defining characteristic of Anrion is his confidence and unflappability

I do this a lot, so I'm being a total hypocrite right now. Actually, I would think it works, so I'm not exactly sure on this. Should it be The defining characteristics of Anrion are his confidence and unflappability?

These traits allow him to quickly assess situations and respond to them in a firm and decisive manner often forcing him into leadership role which will perform but detests, feeling that when a decision affects so many, it will only end in pain.

You have a dangling participle here! The traits are feeling that about the decision, or is Anrion?

Sorry, I was so excited to point that out. I watched Grammar Nazi so many times (and no, I'm not obsessed with it for seemingly obvious reasons!), so the whole dangling participle thing is now embedded in my mind. lol

Just as often, however, his attitude may run awry with the group’s causing him to strike out on his own.

You need a comma after group's.

As a child he may have had contact with his parents at most twice a week and he was raised by the housekeeper, Terra.

You should have a comma before the and. I know, I'm comma-crazy. x3 I could tell a funny story here regarding that, but I probably shouldn't do that.

This was expressed, to his mother’s joy, in manipulation of needle and thread and, his father’s approval, in the violin.

You should have a to before his father's approval.

By the age of twelve Anrion was well developed as a prodigy of the instrument, enough so to garner passing attention from his father who supplemented his hours spent coaxing melancholy notes from the instrument with professional lessons.

There should be a as after enough so. Also, this sentence is a bit wordy, so it would be great if you could fix that for me. ^^

She did, however, appear at the mansion the third day after her firing not wearing a smile but instead a black mask, and accompanied by several armed men.

You should be a comma after firing. ^^

And crud, this is getting suspenseful already. 0.o

Wow, that's pretty a terrible dad--and the type of guy I would want working for my company. /sighs If only life could work both ways.

3. His cold demeanor tends to alienate people around him, and his tendency to act without consulting doesn’t exactly help matters

You forgot a period here! ;D

As his Kal’Thlak blood awakens, the irony of Anrion’s stitching of his arm up

You should probably move the up next to stitching. For a moment, I was perplexed about how there could be stitching up his arm if he had no arm. I know, I'm slow. x3

And voila! I am done. ^^ That was quite an interesting read. I really like his philosophy; in fact, I should probably take a leaf from his book. lol

Anyway, sorry for taking so long in answering this! I'm slow. >.>

Oh, one more thing before I forget this! I'm going to be super busy next week, and perhaps the following week as well, due to the Lunar New Year. Hurray!

Oh, and also, if Murder hasn't posted before Kenosis makes his intro, I am going to just post for Hadyn and move the plot along. It won't make much of a difference whether or not Breckin is awake. I just figured it would be better to let Murder catch up.

Of course, it's probably going to take me a long while to write the post I'm planning, so don't be too happy about the plot moving when Kenosis makes his post. x3

I still haven't finished history homework, but at least I've finished the chapter and the outlining. I have 16 questions left, but I couldn't concentrate on them whilst constantly worrying about this. I'm going to try to get a Sadine reply in, but I can't make any promises to that. Okie-dokies! Ciao~

Edit: This is the most random edit, but I spent forty minutes on those dishes.

Edited by Mangaholic

Eeeee this is what I get for not checking the OoC thread for days. XD

Welcome to the RP, Kenosis! <3 Just call me Lily haha~

I'mma go read over your charrie profile carefully after posting this but I skimmed through it and it looks awesome! It'd be so fun to finally have a new character filling up some of our missing spots. ^^

But, on a curious side note, don't we already have two hybrids for the Dark Court?

I swear I had something else I wanted to say but...

Oh yeeeah Manga, kind of irrelevant, but what war song was it? :o

Edit: OH! I remembered what I wanted to say. I kind of want to hide in shame because some of my earlier IC posts were really cringe-worthy. XD;; I've tried reading back to refresh my memory about what happened earlier (this RP has been going on for about two years since I joined ><) but my writing a year ago...man it bothers me. So, Kenosis, sorry you had to read all that terrible writing. xP

Edited by lilyice

Haha, I feel the same way about a lot of my old stuff. But you know, live and learn. We'll assume this roleplay has improved us. :]

@ Nessie - That's right! I guess that's the most important thing. x3 I do feel like my writing's improved a lot since.

@ Kenosis - Not to be more of a grammar nazi than Manga (because I think her read-through is pretty thorough), but there are just some really small things I want to point out as well, I hope you don't mind. XD

Very few clothes Anrion wears bear any brand-name tags (or perhaps replace the word with "labels"), having been constructed by the boy by hand with needle, thread, and fabric.

This part Manga has already pointed out. To avoid future confusion, maybe you can consider the edits that I made?

Anrion’s right arm is a stub that extends only about four inches due to an incident during his childhood
As a child, Anrion lost his right arm four inches from his shoulder.

This seems a bit redundant to me. The first sentence can probably be cut out from the first paragraph. To make up for it, you can elaborate a bit more on the second sentence in the first part of your third paragraph.

as if this limb was the one destined for him, instead of not his previous one of flesh, blood, and bone.

Or you can do it that way. x3

When you described Anrion's philosophy of life, and later went on to say

If the conflict seems to have the inevitability of violence he is not above resorting to backstabbing and other dirty tactics, preferring to strike first and question his actions later.

they seem to contradict each other a bit. Is that just because it's a specific case involving violence in a conflict? In any case, his character is really interesing. I'm looking forward to meeting him in the RP. ^^

...imparted to him many skills that allow him to operate independently, it also leads him to quickly remove himself from a situation and strike out on his own...

These traits allow him to quickly assess situations and respond to them in a firm and decisive manner, often forcing him into a/the leadership role which he will perform but detests, feeling that when a decision affects so many, it will only end in pain.

Just as often, however, his attitude may run awry with that of the group’s, causing him to strike out on his own.

Born in the rural outskirts of New York City, he grew up functioning as an isolated only child.

This was expressed, to his mother’s joy, in the manipulation of needle and thread and, to his father’s approval, in the violin.

Only weeks before his fourteenth birthday, Anrion was given a most unwelcomed early gift from his father.

Terra did not arrive the next day, nor the next one after that.

She did, however, appear at the mansion the third day after her firing not wearing a smile but instead a black mask, and accompanied by several armed men.

In addition to the comma Manga pointed out, dismissal may be a better word for firing. I think it sounds more eloquent in this case.

forcing a course chain of events which seemed extreme

Either a course of events or a chain of events would work, but I don't think a course chain is a correct expression?

In this that moment, he turned to his other great talent

Anrion, after several months of counseling, was sent to school, and allowed to interact with his peers, something that had been almost completely denied to him in the past.

In this case, I think you should take out the comma between school and the word and.

I'm similar to Manga in the way that I always see missing commas. XD I try not to point them out unless it's absolutely necessary but it's like my eyes just automatically zoom to places that would sound better with commas added in. :P

It was definitely interesting reading on Anrion's past! The poor, scarred boy. Looking forward to having him in the RP. c:

Edited by lilyice

Kenosis had already filled out the form for a Dark hybrid when Nessie told me. xP Besides, the main reason for having two spots for each court was to prevent people from picking one court over another. As long as it doesn't happen again, I don't mind. x3 It does even out the two sides, sort of. There are 6 Dark and Winter hybrids, and 8 of the rest.

Speaking of which, I should probably clear out all the inactive characters now. So many open spots. >.>

It was an old Vietnamese song. xP My mom had played it the night before, so I figured, since I was writing about a war, I should listen to a war song. lol The first paragraph ended up consisting of most everything my mom and I had talked about. XD

/once again listening to it

LOL I ditto Lily! Thankfully for me, I memorized most of what happened in the RP, probably because of all the summaries I've had to write, so I don't have to look back as often. Still, just thinking about it hurts. xP

I think MS really did improve my writing, though. :]

LMAO It took all my willpower not to point out every missing comma. XD I spent about ten seconds for each one, just thinking whether that comma was that needed.

And I posted, Lily! It's a bit wordy, I know. x3 I don't know why, but I had such a hard time writing that post. The words just wouldn't come out like they usually do, so everything is really choppy. I used the word expect six times. x3

If I somehow manage to clear out my post-to-do list, I'll get started on Hadyn's post. Otherwise, I'm going to stress over that. ><

Edit: Oh yeah, Jaina! Could you please write a bit more next time? It would give me a lot more to work off. The (usual) minimum length requirement is at least two paragraphs.

Edited by Mangaholic

I do believe we may be missing our Mountain Court characters now, unless someone is taking over Carlie and/or Shiro is still around.

@ Lily and Manga - Thank you too very much! My grammar is borderline horrific so having someone look over the character profile to improve that as well as the general quality of it was wonderful. I went through and addressed the corrections both of you had, and if I didn't comment on the suggestion I simply followed it.

Lily - anything addressed to you is in red.

I feel like the mentioning of Anrion's lost arm is important in the first paragraph since it is a basic overview of his physical appearance. Initially I didn't have any mention of his arm (or lack thereof) in the first paragraph but I felt that the character and the rest of my description hinged on that fact, so I added it in. I will agree with you though, I do need to rework the third paragraph to make it less redundant.

Manga - anything addressed to you is in blue.

I was pronouncing Anrion's name differently but I like your interpretation more so I'm adopting it as the Kenosis approved pronunciation. In addition, I had no idea that his beliefs resembled Buddhism! I just decided I wanted to have someone traumatically lose an arm and extrapolated a personality/belief system from those events. I will take full credit for being that awesome though. xd.png

And of course I'm not excluding either of you from commenting on corrections made on the other's suggestions.

Username: Kenosis

Name: Anrion [AWN-ree-in] Asmodeus Kolarov

Birthday: July 18th, 1993

Court: Dark

Appearance: Anrion stands five foot ten inches tall and weighs one hundred and thirty-four pounds. Of largely Slavic stock, his facial features appear vaguely elfin with high cheekbones and a narrow face. His eyes are a piercing blue and as cold as ice while his black hair rebels messily against the rest of his rather severe features. Due to his heritage his skin is pale, not as a result of a lack of sun but a genetic predisposition. Anrion’s right arm is naught but a stub, stemming from an incident in his childhood.

Given his family’s position in the upper social strata, Anrion normally dresses to fit his status. Though he dresses often in khakis and solid color dress shirts, he scorns ties due to his handicap. His color palate is a muted one ranging from silver to unobtrusive shades of blue. He wears dark brown dress shoes both for style and martial art Savate, which was developed by sailors in Marseilles who utilized the shoes that were a necessity in their often-dangerous vocation as an additional benefit in combat. On his left wrist there is a black bracelet which, upon closer inspection, is simply black thread that has been wrapped around his wrist. Very few clothes Anrion wears bear any brand-name labels having been constructed by the boy by hand with needle, thread, and fabric. These handcrafted garments resemble their store-bought counterparts excepting an ornate black T stitched onto the right sleeve or leg.

Anrion's right arm extends only four inches from his shoulder. Due to this, he prefers to wear short sleeves. When necessary, he will wear his prosthetic which makes no attempt to mimic skin, rather displaying simple black metal. Even when using his prosthesis, Anrion prefers to use his left hand rather than rely on his man-made arm. Whether he wears his prosthesis or decides against it, he moves with a practiced, deliberate grace which speaks of one who has practiced simple motions numerous times in order to compensate for his disability. Even when forced to don his right arm, he coaxes the mechanical joints to perform disturbingly organic motions, as if this limb was the one destined for him, instead of his previous one of flesh, blood, and bone.

With the awakening of the single drop of Kal’Thlak blood within his veins, Anrion’s physical appearance began to change. His black hair gained grey and silver streaks which ran through it as highlights while his skin began to take on a faint grayish tone. When angered, his elfin features sharpen, arresting the eyes of those around him. Perhaps as an indication of his smoldering anger, his eyes begin to darken, slowly descending to a sooty black out of which only two dark red spots burn.

Personality: Much influenced by his past, Anrion approaches the world with a particular detachment stemming from his core belief, that Human beings define themselves not through the joy or suffering they experience but through the pain they inflict upon others. He believes that the way for him to begin to extricate himself out of this cycle is through emotional detachment. Emotions, he believes, lead to rash choices which will inevitably inflict pain on another. Therefore he views emotions, irrational actions, and basic human interactions as the universal cause of a vicious Catch 22, forcing man to inflict pain upon others and in doing so experience a “prescribed life.”

This belief system has great repercussions in Anrion’s personality and his interactions with others. In many cases he would react slowly, attempting to understand the consequences of each action he takes and to cause as little damage as possible. Through experience, however, he has seen people twist whatever is sent their way into a weapon to inflict harm upon others; thus he admits that in most cases this in-depth consideration is unwarranted and unnecessary. Despite this conclusion, he prefers to approach situations with a cool head and a determination to avoid the life he believes is destined for him. These preparations tend to leave him coolly and rationally surveying situations that would cause others discomfort or panic.

When interacting with other humans, he often comes across as aloof or arrogant due to his view that those he is interacting with have not recognized the basic structure of human nature. Those who act due to their perception of furthering good particularly irritate him due to their ignorance or denial of the repercussions that their actions cause. That said, he still holds the “do-gooders” above those who actively cause pain to others.

Anrion prefers to steer away from conflict, understanding that he is disadvantaged in any physical confrontation due to his condition. When he deems the conflict to be important enough, Anrion will throw himself into an argument, abandoning his care for the consequences of his actions but retaining his near emotionless demeanor. If the conflict seems to have the inevitability of violence he is not above resorting to backstabbing and other dirty tactics, preferring to strike first and question his actions later when he senses that the situation will soon turn dangerous.

In an unsurprising reaction to both his childhood and his physical situation, self-dependence is a trait that Anrion has worked diligently to cultivate in himself. While this preparation has imparted to him many skills that allow him to operate independently, it also leads him to quickly remove himself from a situation and strike out on his own if he feels that the current approach is incorrect. This tendency often causes him to depart from situations that can be easily solved but have been bogged down in discussion, preferring to either take his desired course, thus forcing others to follow his “best” decision, or simply to find another solution to the problem without the petty squabbles of others.

The defining characteristic of Anrion are his confidence and unflappability; if he makes a decision he will stick to it come Hell or high water although he has no qualms revising his plans as circumstances change. These traits allow him to quickly assess situations and respond to them in a firm and decisive manner, often forcing him into a leadership role which he will perform but detests, as he feels that when a decision affects so many, it will only end in pain. Just as often, however, his attitude may run awry with that of the group’s, causing him to strike out on his own.

History: Anrion’s past was filled with all the idyllic comforts that bespoke his place in society. Born in the rural outskirts of New York City, he grew up functioning as an isolated only child. His father, a CEO for a military technology firm, provides more than enough for the family, while his mother, a fashion designer, has devoted most of her life to her employment. As a child he may have had contact with his parents at most twice a week ,and he was raised by the housekeeper, Terra.

Despite the strict curriculum laid out for Anrion in both growing up and schooling, Terra doted on the boy and was rewarded with the child’s love and admiration in return. While math and the sciences were the subjects pushed by his father, Gareth, it was Terra who discovered Anrion’s true talent, the deft working of his hands. This was expressed, to his mother’s joy, in the manipulation of needle and thread and, to his father’s approval, in the violin. By the age of twelve Anrion was well developed as a prodigy of the instrument, performing at a level which garnered passing attention from his father. His acknowledgement was manifested in Gareth’s sudden investment in a private instructor for the child in order to make the most of this new asset.

Only weeks before his fourteenth birthday, Anrion was given a most unwelcomed early gift from his father. That morning Terra did not arrive at the mansion to greet him with a cheery smile and a question of what her “little Maestro” had ready to play for her that day; his father had determined that freedom from oversight was the greatest gift he could give his son and released the young housekeeper. Despite his protests, Terra did not arrive the next day, nor the one after that. She did, however, appear at the mansion the third day after her dismissal, not wearing a smile but instead a black mask, and accompanied by several armed men.

Terra, Anrion learned, had leveraged too much into her continuing employment and now had several debts to pay, debts that Gareth and his firm could pay. Despite kidnapping the boy, Terra and her associates did not gain their demands as Gareth appeared to be more loyal to his company than his son, refusing to even speak to his son’s kidnappers and giving the police every freedom to capture the criminals.

Pushed to the brink by both Gareth’s actions and her compatriots’ disgust in the lack of payment, Terra resorted to blatant intimidation to force her former employer’s hand. The destruction of the only reason the father ever cared about Anrion, his musical talent, should gain the reaction she sought. Sleep deprivation and strain had worked their way into her mind, forcing a chain of events which seemed extreme, even to her fellow captors. She took Anrion’s right arm, in her madness choosing to chop through the boy’s bicep, ending his musical career. This grisly token was then shipped to the boy’s father, raising the stakes on Gareth’s refusal to capitulate.

The boy awoke from his tormented dream to realize that his nightmare was reality as he stared at a poorly cauterized stump of an arm and heard the rantings of the only person he had ever truly trusted outside his dank cell’s door. His terror only grew as he realized that what was left of his right arm was still bleeding, potentially fatal if left unchecked. In that moment, he turned to his other great talent, managing to quell the bleeding through stitching up his badly damaged arm with his nondominant hand, using needle and thread he always carried.

Terra’s vicious gambit finally garnered a response from Anrion’s father, but instead of crumbling to the captors’ demands as his wife wished to do, he used his power to leverage a vicious assault on his son’s kidnappers, killing most of them and recovering his now useless son.

Unsurprisingly, the incident caused great turmoil in the family, resulting in Anrion’s mother divorcing his father and gaining custody of her son. Now living in a New York city flat with his mother, Anrion, after several months of counseling, was sent to school and allowed to interact with his peers, something that had been almost completely denied to him in the past. As his therapist had suggested, the boy approached the interaction with those his age with a hope of a “normal” life. He was viciously disappointed, twisting both the kind and cruel reactions about his lack of a right arm and hysterical outbursts into a unifying belief; he clung to it, holding it as the one truth of the human condition: that human beings measured their existence not through the joy or suffering they experience but through the pain they inflict upon others.

Thus steeled, Anrion approached his sixteenth year of life detached from the world and emotionless, determined to not allow himself to be used for the definition of others’ lives.

Weaknesses:

1. He has lost his right arm, limiting his ability to perform many basic tasks that most people take for granted.

2. Due to the loss of his dominant hand only two years ago, he is not as dexterous as a normal human.

3. His cold demeanor tends to alienate people around him, and his tendency to act without consulting doesn’t exactly help matters.

4. Anrion experiences great pain in his right shoulder due to the splintering of his humerus when he lost his arm.

5. He is a loner, preferring to operate by himself rather than with a group, causing him to be slow in forming bonds with others due to his perception of them as potential enemies.

Skills:

1. Given his unorthodox schooling, Anrion possesses an excellent tactical and psychological understanding.

2. He has learned much about the human body and how to treat its ills due to his preference for independence, making him a fine medic with or without his bloodline’s ability.

3. He has spent the past two years training in savate de rue, a French art of kickboxing, attempting to find a method of defense which fit with his disability.

4. Anrion has a good ear for music and prefers to spend much of his free time composing.

5. His emotional detachment and surety allow him to retain a cool head in almost any situation.

Special Abilities: As his Kal’Thlak blood awakens, the irony of Anrion’s stitching up his arm up becomes more and more apparent. Being a distant descendant of the Stitchers of the Dark Court, he will begin to manipulate shadows into thread. While he lacks the ability of his ancestors to tie the physical form to the shadow, he can repair injuries with his shadow thread.

Unique Color: LightSteelBlue4

Edited by Kenosis

@ Kenosis - That looks good! I like how you fixed the appearance section. ^^

Just to point out, though, you missed a two commas that I commented on before. XD;; Not a huge deal, but here they are again if you want to add them in.

...imparted to him many skills that allow him to operate independently it also leads him to quickly remove himself from a situation and strike out on his own...

The comma should be in between independently and it.

These traits allow him to quickly assess situations and respond to them in a firm and decisive manner often forcing him into a/the leadership role...

Here, it's between manner and often.

And in the appearance section, where you added on the part about the shoes for Savate, there are now two periods.

Have you talked with Manga about how you're planning to add Anrion into the plot? :o I'm just curious haha.

------

@ Manga - Oh alright! I definitely don't mind three dark hybrids. ^^ More fun to see which side they choose to be on.

Ahh okay, I don't know that song. The reason that I asked was, coincidentally, my mom had been humming this old German war song lately and I asked her about it. x3

No, your post looks great! I'll have a reply up by the weekend.

which was developed by sailors in Marseilles who utilized the shoes that were a necessity in their often-dangerous vocation as an additional benefit in combat.

Thanks for elaborating on this. ^^ I do believe that this is a bit too verbose. Perhaps you should omit that were a necessity in their often-dangerous vocation. It seems a bit contradicting that the shoes are both a "necessity" and an "additional benefit."

Very few clothes Anrion wears bear any brand-name labels having been constructed by the boy by hand with needle, thread, and fabric.

I think a comma after labels would be very helpful here.

His black hair gained grey and silver streaks which ran through it as highlights while his skin began to take on a faint grayish tone.

As highlights is a bit unnecessary, as most people would assume streaks to mean highlights.

And I think that's about it! ^^ After fixing those, please send me the link to your profile so that I may add the link to the front page. Also, it would be great if you could at least fill out the simple parts of the blurb skeleton so that I have something to which to add the link. Thanks!

Oh yeah, I forgot to say this. Thanks for helping out, Lily. I really appreciate it. :]

This is sort of irrelevant, too. What German song was it? To be honest, aside from the American national anthem (if that even counts), the only war songs I've ever heard are Vietnamese ones. lol

your turn to post manga, just fyi when you get a chance, sorry for my short posts

Don't worry, jaina. ^^ My fey post is second on my to-do list. It's just that I always take so much time to make sure my characters would really act that way, so it seems like I've forgotten about my other needed posts.

On a side note, I hadn't expected Ancadel to be Danni's baseball cap at all. o.0