Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

Well, it shouldn't hurt having an extra Winter and Storm, seeing as the prophecy didn't specify that there had to be two of each. The main reason to why I wanted a limit on each was to make sure that not everyone decided to take a single Court and leave the rest just hanging there. Plus, with the little plot twists I have in mind, it might be preeetty interesting having an extra Winter hybrid. /smiles ominously

Anyways, I sort of burned myself out doing something else, so if I missed anything, sorry about that. I know I said I was going to be spend the rest of my time studying, but you know. >< Anyways, I need to study. /hits self

I'm still here! Just got busy recently and forgot to check in. ^^;

If the thing about the extra hybrid is really a problem, I can just drop Gordon... Of course he'll be fun to play, but I guess I won't die without him. xP

My own finals are coming up mid-June. I have provincials (kind of like province-wide exams in Canada for gr. 12's) as well on June 22, 23, and 28. I'll probably be studying a week in advance. My grad is June 29, and I'm busy on the 30. So basically, that takes away... the entire month of June. orz orz If the RP does start up again, though, I can try to be active!

I'm still here! Just a bit busy with school, but the semester is almost over~

I'm HOOOOOOOOME for the summer, which means two things. One: more free time. Two: more internet restriction.

Net result: I'll be around more often one way or another. XPPPPPP I've already begun rewriting Con's profile [FINALLY] and may or may not decide to revise Sen's profile, and then I'll probably start writing another profile just for the heck of it because the dark hybrid I was thinking about creating before I got busy won't die just because his slot is taken. Writing profiles is fun!!

Also, Manga, when are you usually on YIM? I'd like to get back to creating demons now and then, as well as talking plot, as well as just CATCHING UP because it's been SOOOO LONG!!

♥♥♥ you all,

Nessie

I'm FREEEE! If I seem overly hyper, it's because I'm currently drunk on happiness. 8D

Yeah, it has been so long! I don't remember the last time I've gotten to chat online with someone. >< I'm usually on when I'm free. xP I think that should be somewhere around five P.M. to eight P.M. PST.

Don't worry, Lily! Like I said, it'll probably make things more interesting if we keep Gordon. I mean, Gordon is like our refreshment from the coward, the paranoid guy, and the taciturn one. xP

Oh, you're graduating on my birthday. O: Well, good luck on your finals. Hopefully, the rp won't take you away from your studies too much when it starts moving again~

Anyways, Shiro created a new faerie species called the Lapilluma. Her profile's all set too, but I think she's working on making it pretty right now.

Lapilluma: Faeries of the Mountain Court, the Lapilluma have a pigment system similar to that of flamingos. When they are born, they look almost like albinos, with white hair, eyebrows, nails, and even lashes. However, as they mature and start feeding on stones, minerals, and gems, which they can locate and extract thanks to their powers, they start acquiring a colour fitting to that of their diet. Other signs of this maturing process show in their physical structure, which changes from fairly normal, excepting their whiteness, to something more beast-like. Their nails grow into hard claws, better suited for scratching out their food from the walls of caves. Their feet turn rough and also grow claws, used for climbing the uneven surfaces of their homes. Lastly, all of their teeth become sharp and acquire the shape of fangs, growing hard enough to chew through diamond.

They are a relatively social species, living in small clans or colonies within a single labyrinth of tunnels. These clans are formed of several different families of Lapilluma whose numbers are closely monitored so that emergency evacuations are more easily carried out. Their homes are caves which they expand, or mines abandoned by humans, where they have easy access to a decent quantity of minerals and gems that humans are not able to reach. These caves are always strategically placed in areas without iron though, and if any trace of the metal is found in a clan's home, the entire group will immediately move out. Lapilluma are also highly territorial, so if someone tries to invade or even just set foot into their home, they will use their claws and teeth to defend it, even to the extent of caving in parts of the tunnels to kill the intruders. These tunnels can be easily repaired with their powers afterward—powers that allow them to to feel and separate the components of earth and rocks. These powers are usually used to leave only the sturdiest materials for the important passages, but in the aforementioned cases, those sturdy materials are taken away, leaving only the softest, most malleable ones, so that reconstruction of the tunnel is easier.

EDIT: By the way, if anyone sent me a PM that I haven't replied to yet, you should probably tell me. My inbox is full of PMs, and I can't remember which ones I've replied to or not.

Edited by Mangaholic

Oh I feel like I should mention that if there's someone who hasn't joined the RP but wants to, they're totally free to take that Dark spot. I haven't had much time with school to think of a character, and I kind of forgot about it too >.> Though, I'm almost done, just a performance review and I have to play in the band at my school's graduation. After that it's summer break and I'll have too much free time. :D So I can still make a character to fill that spot if needed.

And omg Shiro-chan why didn't you tell me you were joining this RP? D<

Edited by Kira1

I'm on summer break and totally ready for this! so when are we getting moving again?

Hey, Nessie, what time are you usually on YIM? It would probably be easier for me to just watch the time and see when you're usually online. ;D

If you're really sure about it, I'll free up the spot, but if you somehow managed to think of a character by the time I made this reply, just say so. I think there are a couple of people who want that spot, so if you let it go now, chances are you won't get it back. Just letting you know~

It'll be moving as soon as the Changeling post is up. ^^ Though it might be nice to give the characters in the dungeon a chance to reply first, since they're the only characters who haven't really had any action yet.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh I already have two characters so I'm lowest priority, but if no one else takes the Dark spot I already have half a character for it. -hides-

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm usually online around 9-12ish, PST. I tend to stay invisible so I don't get too swamped with chats, but if you poke me I'll respond if I'm on.

Oh wow, you get on when I get off. what a fail x3 I've been going to sleep earlier lately, but I'll see if I can get on around nine on Friday.

I know mya wanted to do something with the Dark spot, but I haven't seen her around lately. :/ If she doesn't show up in a week or so, and if no one else wants it, you're free to take the spot, Nessie~

By the way, random question here. Has anyone taken AP Chemistry? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should take it if they're offering it at my school.

edit: So Sessh is probably not returning to DC, or so I'm assuming, since she let Libbie take her spot. That means Libbie isn't taking the Storm Court spot, so we don't have to worry about the extra Storm hybrid. Not that it caused a problem in the first place, of course. ;D

Anyways, I'll go update that later. I was practicing the piano and I realized I forgot to add this in.

Edited by Mangaholic

What does AP stand for? I've taking so many chemistry classes, maybe I can tell you.

Advanced placement it's a college level course taken in high school. I should know considering I took three of them English, physics, and calc

Edited by jaina

I see... it would be more like solutions chemistry then. It's quite nice. happy.gif

Organic is cooler after that! biggrin.gif

I think I'm now supposed to do polymeric chemistry... It's gonna be the death of me! But the teacher is awesome!

...I'm getting out of subject I think...

I prefer nuclear and organic... electro chemistry is just a pain...

anyways, when should we expect a post?

We need to wait for Murder to post I think, should be soon.

I'm still here. /waves Just...hanging around and stuff. :3

And about the Dark spot, I'll take it, for now. If I don't send you a profile in a month, Manga, Elsendor can have the spot. 'Kay?

Wow, I never realized there were so many types of chemistry, too. O__O Organic and solution and nuclear and, and. I think my brain will explode next year OTL

You took AP physics, jaina? I heard that class is one of the hardest.

And yes, we're just waiting for that Changeling post. ^^ Hopefully, it'll be ready by Saturday. I'm working on a part of it as well, so it shouldn't take that long. However, I'm going to be at a friend's tomorrow, filming after school, so I probably won't have time to write. But the part I need to write isn't that long, so it should be fine~

Umm . . . a month sounds like a bit too much, mya. Would two weeks be better for you? It's just that the RP will probably move a lot in a month now that it's about to get started, and it'll be hard for your character to just pop up randomly.

yea, passed with a 93% too, strange part is I nearly failed calculus that same year.

Also, one way to tell you went to my high school was when you had a 4.0 GPA and were still only 25th in the class, we had so many damn AP courses available...

And two weeks sounds a whole lot more reasonable, I've been out for a week now and I'm ready to get rolling on this.

ACK, I'm sick of science and math in general. I'm changing majors, officially. I just have to figure out what to change to.

I'm finally getting back inside Con's head--found it more difficult than I expected, I guess because it's been so long. But I'm slipping in and out of character more easily now, so I'm gearing up for action! :]

Shiro disappeared o.e it's weird how lately people who have been in contact with me suddenly become really busy or just go poof. I think it's a curse.

Anyways, so the post didn't come over the weekend. Murder got busy again, but since there's not much left to write, we can hope it's here by the end of this week. Though I should probably stop saying things like that, since they never turn out that way. OTL

Anyway, this was intended as a bump post. I may or may not be active for the next few weeks, since we have a movie to do, and my teacher only gave us a two weeks to do it all. D;

well thanks for the update manga.

Evil teachers...

*waves frantically at manga for no reason*

Shiro-chan was on for a bit one day, and when I talked with her sister over msn, it seemed like Shiro-chan has real life stuff that keeps her from getting online. She should have some free time soon though. Shiro-chan is on and off like this a lot, but she'll post when she gets online (I'll even tell her to when I see her online). :3

Heh, we'll start someday. At least now we kinda know who's here and who's not. Won't be here this week-end by the way tongue.gif

LARP game is waiting! *Runs in circle* I'm such a procrastinator! Nothing is ready!! *panic like usual*