Branndi

Twilight

The Host was much better than twilight. Which is why I think people should at least give that one a chance. Twilight was her first novel, first ones can sometimes be rough.

I did try reading the sample of The Host on Amazon.com, same as I did Twilight. By the end of the sample synapses in my brain fried because the plot sounded ridiculously similar to Animorphs and I just could not get around that.

I want to join in... Okay, this is why Commander Vimes is better than Edward.

1. He has an intelligent, tough partner and a normal son.

2. He's good guy but has flaws- like drinking- and compassion.

3. He looks like a human- no beaverbrows and sparkle for him!

4. He once beat/escaped a whole pack of werewolves. In the snow. In his undies.

5. He smokes cigars- the implicaaaaations... *gigglesnort*

6. He actually has a job, with responsibilities.

7. And a personality, with likes and dislikes.

8. And a sense of humour. A cynical one, at that.

9. And a shmexy scar.

10. He works for Lord Vetinari- come on, people. That is seriously cool!

Oh, #4 just makes me giggle because its true. xd.png Now I kind of want to reread all of the Night Watch related books.

Dooooooo iiiitt! Give in to the temptation!

Yours Vimesfangirlishy

Ruins.

I did try reading the sample of The Host on Amazon.com, same as I did Twilight. By the end of the sample synapses in my brain fried because the plot sounded ridiculously similar to Animorphs and I just could not get around that.

Oh, #4 just makes me giggle because its true. xd.png Now I kind of want to reread all of the Night Watch related books.

I never read animorphs, so I didn't have that problem.

Of course, animporphs involves people changing into animals, right? The Host doesn't have that. There's a lot of hiding out in the desert, though.

I didn't read the Host, but I read the reviews in Amazon, and I know I'm not going to like that book. I'm a hardcore feminist, and that thing simply seems going along the line of Twilight, placing women like objects.

BTW, who the heck names their main character Wanda? It reminds me of that movie, about a Fish Named Wanda (whatever the title in english is).

I didn't read the Host, but I read the reviews in Amazon, and I know I'm not going to like that book. I'm a hardcore feminist, and that thing simply seems going along the line of Twilight, placing women like objects.

BTW, who the heck names their main character Wanda? It reminds me of that movie, about a Fish Named Wanda (whatever the title in english is).

The thing was, though, The Host presented women very differently than Twilight did, with independent female characters.

Okay, there's Wanda, who's a bit of a wuss, but that's how practically her whole species is portrayed...

There's Melanie, who's the mind of the body Wanda inhabits. She's presented as physically capable, having been able to survive on the run for several years, taking care of her younger brother.

Women were actually presented quite well in the book.

And hey- if she likes the name Wanda, why not?

I mean, I think the name Harry is weird.....

It made me always think of Fairly Oddparents. xd.png

Host was better than Twilight about getting real and better women out there, but I'm still stuck on what they did to Wanda at the end. It made me want to headdesk so bad.

I never read animorphs, so I didn't have that problem.

Of course, animporphs involves people changing into animals, right? The Host doesn't have that. There's a lot of hiding out in the desert, though.

It wasn't connected to the kids. The mind controlling things (aliens? were they aliens?) in the books reminded me too closely of the Yeerks from Animorphs.

It made me always think of Fairly Oddparents. xd.png

Host was better than Twilight about getting real and better women out there, but I'm still stuck on what they did to Wanda at the end. It made me want to headdesk so bad.

I read there's a bit where the main human girl's boyfriend hits her, and she goes back without bringing it up.

I mean... what the hell dry.gif And let's not start on the pedophilia that seems to be so bloody rampant in her books...

I read there's a bit where the main human girl's boyfriend hits her, and she goes back without bringing it up.

I mean... what the hell dry.gif And let's not start on the pedophilia that seems to be so bloody rampant in her books...

I don't remember that, but I wouldn't be surprised. Think about her situation: she's likely to be killed, getting slapped might be some kind of relief (at least I'm still alive), and I wouldn't speak up there either because it could incur wrath and lead to getting killed.

Pedo-y tones made me want to throw the book at the end. I mean, the alien is a pretty tough (she knows how to take care of herself) and respected one and what do they do but throw her in the body of some petite 16 year old angel face and she's mostly fine with it. dry.gif

I don't remember that, but I wouldn't be surprised. Think about her situation: she's likely to be killed, getting slapped might be some kind of relief (at least I'm still alive), and I wouldn't speak up there either because it could incur wrath and lead to getting killed.

Pedo-y tones made me want to throw the book at the end. I mean, the alien is a pretty tough (she knows how to take care of herself) and respected one and what do they do but throw her in the body of some petite 16 year old angel face and she's mostly fine with it. dry.gif

I think any self-respecting woman would be pissed off, in nearly any situation, when their boyfriend (who has like... what, a decade on her?) hits them. The only thing I can think of that would make some sense is if she was being a massive arse/was going to do something to get them killed, then it's a needed evil. There are many better ways of relief in the situation described than domestic violence.

(And for the record, I'd be as pissed if the genders were reversed dry.gif)

Edit: And there's also the fact that the magic centipede thing /lied/ about the age of the girl so she can screw the guy sooner.

Real nice message there.

Edited by Dr. Paine

I think any self-respecting woman would be pissed off, in nearly any situation, when their boyfriend (who has like... what, a decade on her?) hits them. The only thing I can think of that would make some sense is if she was being a massive arse/was going to do something to get them killed, then it's a needed evil. There are many better ways of relief in the situation described than domestic violence.

(And for the record, I'd be as pissed if the genders were reversed dry.gif)

Edit: And there's also the fact that the magic centipede thing /lied/ about the age of the girl so she can screw the guy sooner.

Real nice message there.

Well, they WERE sure she was a spy and they debated killing her for a long while, they were convinced she was leading more of the aliens to discover and oust them. One guy DID attempt to kill her (after she fell in love with his twiiiiin yaaaaaaaaaaaay). And that was after they knew Melanie was alive in there.

Melanie didn't like it, from what I can vaguely remember. It's been at least a year since I've read that book, but I remember the first time she broke through it was like M: OMGWTF!?!?!? W: ... wait wat, how did what is this when M: RAAAAAAEEEEG GIMME MAH BODY BISH W: but I can't I'll die M: >:| (And eventually somehow they get along)

Agree about the message, I would have just asked for a damn better body. e_e Though she's pretty humble and was happy to even be alive, IMO it's a bit understandable why that's the first reaction. It's better than all-logic defying babies at any rate.

Well, they WERE sure she was a spy and they debated killing her for a long while, they were convinced she was leading more of the aliens to discover and oust them. One guy DID attempt to kill her (after she fell in love with his twiiiiin yaaaaaaaaaaaay). And that was after they knew Melanie was alive in there.

Melanie didn't like it, from what I can vaguely remember. It's been at least a year since I've read that book, but I remember the first time she broke through it was like M: OMGWTF!?!?!? W: ... wait wat, how did what is this when M: RAAAAAAEEEEG GIMME MAH BODY BISH W: but I can't I'll die M: >:| (And eventually somehow they get along)

Agree about the message, I would have just asked for a damn better body. e_e Though she's pretty humble and was happy to even be alive, IMO it's a bit understandable why that's the first reaction. It's better than all-logic defying babies at any rate.

Yeah, that's how it happened. He only hit her because they thought she was being controlled (technically, she was) so he wasn't exactly being abusive.

Melanie was also a little bit out of it at the time (having almost died in the desert), and once she was feeling better she felt at bit hurt by it.

I only read the first book, and while I didn't hate it, I also had no desire to read any of the sequels. The whole thing felt cliched, overdone, like I'd read the same books a dozen times before. Also, the pacing was something I didn't care for. I felt like that book could have been half the length it was and still gotten all of its points across just fine.

My overall opinion? A mediocre book, not terrible, but also not as great as some people make it out to be.

TWILIGHT i love it i am its number 1 fan my house is covered from top to bottom in it mmy fav character is Jazzy hes soooooooo hot any way.

these are the characters

1.1 Bella Swan

1.2 Edward Cullen

1.3 Jacob Black

1.4 Alice Cullen

1.5 Carlisle Cullen

1.6 Esme Cullen

1.7 Rosalie Hale

1.8 Emmett Cullen

1.9 Jasper Hale

1.10 Renesmee Cullen

2.1 Aro

2.2 Caius

2.3 Marcus

2.4 Jane

2.5 Alec

2.6 Demitri

2.7 Felix

2.8 Heidi

3.1 James

3.2 Victoria

3.3 Laurent

3.4 Riley

4.1 Carmen

4.2 Tanya

4.3 Irena

4.4 Kate

4.5 Garrett

5.1 Zafrina

5.2 Senna

5.3 Kachiri

6.1 Peter

6.2 Charlotte

6.3 Mary

6.4 Randell

7.1 Tia

7.2 Amun

7.3 Benjamin

7.4 Kebi

8.1 Alistair

8.2 Charles

8.3 Makenna

9.1 Siobhan

9.2 Liam

9.3 Maggie

10.1 Vladimir

10.2 Stefan

11.1 Sam Uley

11.2 Quil Ateara

11.3 Embry Call

11.4 Paul

11.5 Jared

11.6 Leah Clearwater

11.7 Seth Clearwater

11.8 Collin and Brady

11.9 Ephraim Black

12.1 Charlie Swan

12.2 Renée Dwyer

12.3 Harry Clearwater

12.4 Billy Black

12.5 Tyler Crowley

12.6 Lauren Mallory

12.7 Mike Newton

12.8 Jessica Stanley

12.9 Angela Weber

12.10 Eric Yorkie

12.11 Emily Young

12.12 Sue Clearwater

12.13 J. Jenks

my hand is getting sore so if i left any out sozzy

Edited by munulieta_9

Twilight these are the characters

1.1 Bella Swan

1.2 Edward Cullen - Aquadragon

1.3 Jacob Black

1.4 Alice Cullen - munulieta_9

1.5 Carlisle Cullen

1.6 Esme Cullen

1.7 Rosalie Hale

1.8 Emmett Cullen

1.9 Jasper Hale

1.10 Renesmee Cullen

2.1 Aro

2.2 Caius

2.3 Marcus

2.4 Jane

2.5 Alec

2.6 Demitri

2.7 Felix

2.8 Heidi

3.1 James

3.2 Victoria

3.3 Laurent

3.4 Riley

4.1 Carmen

4.2 Tanya

4.3 Irena

4.4 Kate

4.5 Garrett

5.1 Zafrina

5.2 Senna

5.3 Kachiri

6.1 Peter

6.2 Charlotte

6.3 Mary

6.4 Randell

7.1 Tia

7.2 Amun

7.3 Benjamin

7.4 Kebi

8.1 Alistair

8.2 Charles

8.3 Makenna

9.1 Siobhan

9.2 Liam

9.3 Maggie

10.1 Vladimir

10.2 Stefan

11.1 Sam Uley

11.2 Quil Ateara

11.3 Embry Call

11.4 Paul

11.5 Jared

11.6 Leah Clearwater

11.7 Seth Clearwater

11.8 Collin and Brady

11.9 Ephraim Black

12.1 Charlie Swan

12.2 Renée Dwyer

12.3 Harry Clearwater

12.4 Billy Black

12.5 Tyler Crowley

12.6 Lauren Mallory

12.7 Mike Newton

12.8 Jessica Stanley

12.9 Angela Weber

12.10 Eric Yorkie

12.11 Emily Young

12.12 Sue Clearwater

12.13 J. Jenks

Um...

wat?

I'm tempted to report for spam...

TWILIGHT i love it i am its number 1 fan my house is covered from top to bottom in it mmy fav character is Jazzy hes soooooooo hot any way.

these are the characters

1.1 Bella Swan

1.2 Edward Cullen

1.3 Jacob Black

1.4 Alice Cullen

1.5 Carlisle Cullen

1.6 Esme Cullen

1.7 Rosalie Hale

1.8 Emmett Cullen

1.9 Jasper Hale

1.10 Renesmee Cullen

2.1 Aro

2.2 Caius

2.3 Marcus

2.4 Jane

2.5 Alec

2.6 Demitri

2.7 Felix

2.8 Heidi

3.1 James

3.2 Victoria

3.3 Laurent

3.4 Riley

4.1 Carmen

4.2 Tanya

4.3 Irena

4.4 Kate

4.5 Garrett

5.1 Zafrina

5.2 Senna

5.3 Kachiri

6.1 Peter

6.2 Charlotte

6.3 Mary

6.4 Randell

7.1 Tia

7.2 Amun

7.3 Benjamin

7.4 Kebi

8.1 Alistair

8.2 Charles

8.3 Makenna

9.1 Siobhan

9.2 Liam

9.3 Maggie

10.1 Vladimir

10.2 Stefan

11.1 Sam Uley

11.2 Quil Ateara

11.3 Embry Call

11.4 Paul

11.5 Jared

11.6 Leah Clearwater

11.7 Seth Clearwater

11.8 Collin and Brady

11.9 Ephraim Black

12.1 Charlie Swan

12.2 Renée Dwyer

12.3 Harry Clearwater

12.4 Billy Black

12.5 Tyler Crowley

12.6 Lauren Mallory

12.7 Mike Newton

12.8 Jessica Stanley

12.9 Angela Weber

12.10 Eric Yorkie

12.11 Emily Young

12.12 Sue Clearwater

12.13 J. Jenks

I don't think anyone wants to know all of the characters. And if they do, I'm sure they already know what the characters are.

I want to join in... Okay, this is why Commander Vimes is better than Edward.

1. He has an intelligent, tough partner and a normal son.

2. He's good guy but has flaws- like drinking- and compassion.

3. He looks like a human- no beaverbrows and sparkle for him!

4. He once beat/escaped a whole pack of werewolves. In the snow. In his undies.

5. He smokes cigars- the implicaaaaations... *gigglesnort*

6. He actually has a job, with responsibilities.

7. And a personality, with likes and dislikes.

8. And a sense of humour. A cynical one, at that.

9. And a shmexy scar.

10. He works for Lord Vetinari- come on, people. That is seriously cool!

+ banana.

Epicwin.

@ munulieta - The fact you took all that time to list all the chars like such hearkens to a bit of an obsession.

@ munulieta - The fact you took all that time to list all the chars like such hearkens to a bit of an obsession.

True that. I like Twilight, but not enough to spend a half hour or so listing characters...

True that. I like Twilight, but not enough to spend a half hour or so listing characters...

i love TWILIGHT so sorry i got a bit overexcited xd.png

Yep. Obsessed fangirl. You haven't gone so far as to threaten violence, have you?

are you nut course i read the books 10 times

it mi forim can do wat i lik u cant evan spel mi name

lolwut

FACE PUNCH its FACE PUNCH STOP SAYING FAC PALM ITS FACE PUNCH

So you've already gone to the violent stage...

Name: Munulieta_9 (you can call me alice cullen)

Position(sibling, mother, father): Mother

Family Name(what your family is called): Cullen

OKAY WHAT THE HELL

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry3102629

She said Face Punch for a reason...

Cause in the New Moon movie, Bella asks Mike to go see Face Punch... I don't understand why someone would change the *Facepalm* to *Facepunch*

Doesn't sound that obsessed... (Sarcastic)

Oh, I should've added the quote it was in reply to.

Quackie, talking about how Alucard PWNs sparklepires.

Yep. Obsessed fangirl. You haven't gone so far as to threaten violence, have you?

lolwut

So you've already gone to the violent stage...

OKAY WHAT THE HELL

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry3102629

Jesus allegory lion, and I thought my Portal thing was nuts ._.

I... I feel sane. D:

THIS FEELING, WHAT IS IT.

Jesus allegory lion, and I thought my Portal thing was nuts ._.

I... I feel sane. D:

THIS FEELING, WHAT IS IT.

Sanity?

It's okay, you'll go back to feeling "normal" in no time.

Sanity?

It's okay, you'll go back to feeling "normal" in no time.

Good D:

Listening to the ending speech of Portal is helping restore normalcy...