Branndi

Twilight

user posted image

Dante, you are doing well.

The Teen section is also where they keep Eragon...

-shifty eyes-

IF someone just /happened/ to cut all heat to people this winter if it meant losing Twilight...

Edit:

Well, it's not Yahtzee... but damn it's the next best thing xd.png

New Moon review

And extra.

Edited by Dr. Paine

"Women in medieval-fantasy don't need to armor anything but their nipples and crotch, cause their fighting-styles rely on flexibility! Especially the Elven Wenches!"

xd.png

In the 4th harry potter movie harry should have stabbed cedric before he began to sparkle and change his name.

In the 4th harry potter movie harry should have stabbed cedric before he began to sparkle and change his name.

No, it was death that turned him into a vampire, since vampires are just reanimated corpses! They should have stolen Flamel's remaining Elixir and given it to Cedric instead, to keep him alive as long as possible.

No, it was death that turned him into a vampire, since vampires are just reanimated corpses! They should have stolen Flamel's remaining Elixir and given it to Cedric instead, to keep him alive as long as possible.

But they smashed the stone so there is no elixir. Sorry Cedric but the world is a better place without you.

*pokes surviving the world*

Read that one this morning, and showed it to my mom. Even though she's a big Twilight fan, she laughed to.

She also laughed when I told her about a sketched planned for the Simpson's 'Tree house of Horror'. Daniel Radcliffe, the actor of Harry Potter, is going to play 'Edmund' the sparkly vampire Lisa falls in love with.

Ladies and mentlegen, I present to you: The Epic Fail- Totally Missing the Point style.

I am a 39-year-old member of the Older Women's Group (OWG) on thetwilightsaga.com. My question is, what lead you to the concept of IMPRINTING — in reference to the Wolf Packs future mates? Thank you for pouring your heart and soul into this series! I can't tell you how much happiness it has brought me! Sincerely, Stephanie R. - Atlanta, GA

Imprinting was inspired by two different sources: ducklings and dragons. Imprinting actually exists in nature, but usually between parents and their offspring. I saw a nature documentary about ducklings imprinting on their moms and it always stuck with me. The other inspiration is Anne McCaffrey's dragon books (which, if you haven't read them, do so now! Start with Dragonflight). In her mythology, humans and dragons bond so tightly that if one of them dies, the other either suicides or goes mad. They love each other with an absolute and unreasoning love that never falters or changes. I was always captivated by this concept, and I wanted to explore that kind of life-changing and compulsory relationship.

For more fail, please go there.

How did you come up with the Twilight character names, were they random or did you have a reason behind them? - Carly

I'm not a huge research junkie, because I'm always more into creating the fantasy than the reality

...wat.

Ok, at the not-a-research-junkie I was like well no duh, but after that you lost me.

The other inspiration is Anne McCaffrey's dragon books

I KNEW IT.

In her mythology, humans and dragons bond so tightly that if one of them dies, the other either suicides or goes mad. They love each other with an absolute and unreasoning love that never falters or changes.

Yes, Impressing a dragon in Pern is one of the best experiences one can go through. I'm not sure making that bond between two people is quite the best thing to do, though. Human and dragon is one thing because its from both sides. Also forcing the suicide of your partner is not pretty. Particular that comes to mind is from Masterharper where F'lon is killed and his dragon goes between and also later when T'kul's dragon dies trying to fly one of the young queens and he goes mad, blaming it and the exile of the Oldtimers on F'lar.

From what I can tell, Imprinting was rather one-sided. And does anyone in the series even end up partner-less like Lytol and Brekke or mad like Kylara?

Midnight Sun is not finished and locked in a safe, waiting for me to be done angsting over the leak. Second, I am not upset about the leak. I haven't been for a long time; I was over it after about three weeks.

Oh, get over it, woman! Its not the end of the friggin' world when part of your damned book gets leaked to the public.

Also, if you're not upset about it, why are you still angsting? /logic fail

Twilight was ten thousand words longer in the rough draft form.

HOLY ****. You mean there was more bad writing originally than what was published? Amazing.

Edited by terioncalling

Yes, Impressing a dragon in Pern is one of the best experiences one can go through. I'm not sure making that bond between two people is quite the best thing to do, though. Human and dragon is one thing because its from both sides.

-----

It was also manipulated. Early settlers of Pern specifically bred and altered native species to make them imprint on humans, thus allowing the human some control over a beast that would otherwise eat them the second they came over with a saddle.

Fursploders- not so much.

Yes, Impressing a dragon in Pern is one of the best experiences one can go through. I'm not sure making that bond between two people is quite the best thing to do, though. Human and dragon is one thing because its from both sides.

-----

It was also manipulated. Early settlers of Pern specifically bred and altered native species to make them imprint on humans, thus allowing the human some control over a beast that would otherwise eat them the second they came over with a saddle.

Fursploders- not so much.

If I recall correctly, they imprinted firelizards before they even found out about Thread and Kitti Ping began the breeding program. I think she may have tweaked the impression but I'm not sure - its been a while since I read Dragonsdawn and the roommate that might remember more clearly than me is currently in Grenada.

Ah, wiki helps me.

In creating dragons, Kitti Ping intensified the creatures [fire-lizards]' telepathy, greatly increased their intelligence, and gave them a strong instinctive drive to Impress to a human.

If I recall correctly, they imprinted firelizards before they even found out about Thread and Kitti Ping began the breeding program. I think she may have tweaked the impression but I'm not sure - its been a while since I read Dragonsdawn and the roommate that might remember more clearly than me is currently in Grenada.

Ah, wiki helps me.

-shrug-

I leafed through the first book, be happy I remembered anything xd.png

-shrug-

I leafed through the first book, be happy I remembered anything xd.png

xd.png Like I said, barely remembered it myself. I could have a more concrete argument over it in a month or so prolly - finishing Skies of Pern and probably moving on to Dragonsdawn.

I hate being off topic, but I just happened to see New Moon, and... boy, 35 minutes into the movie, and I couldn't see its end. What a BORING film!

And the Twittards... geez, what the freak were they laughing about? It wasn't funny, there was nothing funny about the movie.

And the clapping? Good gracious!

I'm glad I didn't pay to see it xd.png.

Anyways, ON TOPIC; That DROP imprinting thing, reminds me a WHOLE bunch of Eragon's mind sharing with Sapphira.

It's a wonder the boy didn't get sued for plagierism, because sometimes it's just THAT obvious.

BTW, I normally used to say I'd rather read Meyer, than Paolini... I take it back!

At least Paolini, while enormously cliched, overloaded with Thesaurus abuse, and even when his Author has an Ego the size of a Galaxy, at LEAST his book moves along, something relevant happens in it (independently of the pace), and even while the clichés are just that, we've all seen Star Wars, and shuddered at the "Luke, I'm your father" moment!

But Meyer's? What a huge bunch of manure!!!

Nothing happens in the book, it's simply a collection of a housewife's wet dreams.

Watching the start of the movie today, the whole Romeo and Juliet thing.

Good gracious! The first and only time I wrote a sappy romance, and quoted Romeo and Juliet in it, was when I was 12!

This woman was, like, 28? When she wrote the books!

Grow up Meyer, and please, STOP WRITING!

Trees do not deserve being converted into the lame product of your lack of imagination, and maturity.

Oh gods that Female Force comic is in my BAM. THIS DOES NOT BELONG WITH MY MARVEL AND DC HEROES AND STAR WARS.

DO NOT WANT.

Terion, I just has this really weird image of Batman and Wolverine teaming up with Stephanie Meyer to fight some evil villian.

They were just like 'what's she doing here?'

I have to say I love twilight, I saw the movie and I'm reading the book, and I love it.

Someone didn't read any of the thread.

*grabs snacks to watch*

Terion, I just has this really weird image of Batman and Wolverine teaming up with Stephanie Meyer to fight some evil villian.

They were just like 'what's she doing here?'

Oh gods, someone needs to doodle that. I may later but right now I should be concentrating...

I have a Shakespeare paper I should be writing. *shifty eyes*

I have to say I love twilight, I saw the movie and I'm reading the book, and I love it.

ELABORATE. NAOW.

Edited by terioncalling

Oh gods, someone needs to doodle that. I may later but right now I should be concentrating...

I have a Shakespeare paper I should be writing. *shifty eyes*

ELABORATE. NAOW.

You're going to choose Shakespear over Wolverine? Where's your sense of culture?

tongue.gif

Just make sure you refer to stage direction, and you'll do fine.