Branndi

Twilight

I saw New Moon, too. It hasn't been that long since I read the books, but I'm pretty sure I didn't think Edward was that lame in the books. dry.gif I loved Edward in the book, but the movie didn't do him justice. I personally can't stand Kristen or Rob, but I like most of the other actors. Especially Taylor... wub.gif

By the way, did anyone else think Rob should NOT have taken his shirt off at the end??? After looking at Taylor all the time, seeing Edward just confirmed that I know which actor I'd choose (although I'm still an Edward fan when it comes to the books smile.gif)

Edward is a lot better in the books for sure. I just wish they could make that possible in a movie.

I've never really been very interested in Twilight. In fact, I've never even heard of it until I sarted seeing commercials for the movie.

*aims gun at Leap turkey and pulls trigger*

I saw New Moon the first day it opened. I heard that people that hated Twilight went to go see this film, and half of them came out loving the series. One of them was my friend. I dragged her to see the movie with me and after that she asked if she can borrow the books from me. Now she is more obsessed then I am. xd.png

But New Moon was a pretty decent movie. I'm a fan of Twilight, but I still think that they could have made New Moon a LITTLE bit better. It only got three stars since it was slow...

But hey. New Moon was my least favorite book in the series. I dunno why. But the wolves were mad cool in the movie. Sure wouldn't want to see one of those in the forest. xd.png

Now I can't wait for the Eclipse movie. I heard it was going to be the best one yet. And Eclipse is my favorite book in the series... So I think I'll be screaming the entire time the movie is showing. biggrin.gif

I want to see New Moon so badly! It looked pretty good, and those werewolfs are... awesome.And people, seriously, stop quoting my posts if you don't like Twilight. I am getting pretty annoyed that people are STILL quoting my post after I posted this, like a week ago. Sheesh. I Love Twilight for reasons you may not see. Now stop. dry.gif

I think Twilight's kinda stupid, it'd be better if the vamps weren't hot little teenyboppers. Ed, for example, is a stalker, Bella is a goody two shoes who has this little vampire boyfriend that's always coming to the rescue.

SHE STILL LOVED HIM AFTER THEY HAD A GOD D*** DEMON CHILD!!!!

That girl has serious issues.

I think Twilight's kinda stupid, it'd be better if the vamps weren't hot little teenyboppers. Ed, for example, is a stalker, Bella is a goody two shoes who has this little vampire boyfriend that's always coming to the rescue.

SHE STILL LOVED HIM AFTER THEY HAD A GOD D*** DEMON CHILD!!!!

That girl has serious issues.

I think Edward is good in the books. In the movie he's not hot at all. Rob is REALLY ugly. I imagined Edward as hot as Jacob... But in the movie.... Jake is hotter than Edward. I like Edward in the books, so I'm Team Edward in the books, but in the movie, I'm Team Jacob. I hate Bella either way. xd.png

i've read the books and seen the movies

and i abhor it

when i first read the books, they were ok at best

but, after seeing the movie and meeting some of the fans, i've come to hate it

the plot is f-ed up and the characters are too Mary/Gary-Sue

Oh god... I can't take this anymore. My epicly awesome siggy is too much to handle. I mean, you may think the series sucks, but the wolves are SO COOL! xd.png

Yeah but they're really not werewolves.

They're 'boomwolves'.

e_e

Yeah but they're really not werewolves.

They're 'boomwolves'.

e_e

They never said they were werewolves.. In the book that is. In the movie they said he's a werewolf, which pisses me off. They are SHAPE SHIFER WOLVES! Werewolves and shape shifter wolves have a HUGE difference.

But still, awesome. xd.png

I have to say that I hated the whole series (I've only read the books, not seen the movies).

It is essentially like reading a young teen girl's diary about her first crush, a poor love story that centres around a girl who is seemingly selfish, spends almost an entire book simply being whiny and dull, involves stuff that, no matter how 'romantic' the air-headed fans may think it is, is simply creepy and outright wrong/illegal. I'm referring here to things like imprinting (what, you form a relationship with a little baby and you'll happily act like a big brother/dad/babysitter for eighteen years, then you'll end up sleeping with said girl? That's creepy, disturbing, wrong, and so many other negative adjectives). Not to forget the fact that Bella seems to be incapable of independent thought and instead will do *anything* for her beloved Edward, who in return is completely lifeless in every sense of the word, monotonic and dull in the extreme.

(PLEASE NOTE: I'm not saying *all* Twilight fans are air-headed, simply there are *some* fans who are air-heads just like there are in any series. Especially ones at young teenage girls).

It's supposed to be about vampires vs. werewolves and vampires vs. vampires, yet in the whole four-book series we get *one* fight scene. *One.* Bella is conveniently unconscious for the latter part of book one, there's nothing more than a bit of posturing in book two, and at the end of book four, with the Volturi marching on the Cullens in order to wipe them out, they spend how many pages simply chatting and posturing before giving up and going home? Talk about a complete and utter disappointment. You want to see vampires vs. werewolves done right? Go watch Underworld, complete with eye-candy in the form of Kate *drool* Beckinsale.

Although I am not going to waste a penny on it and instead will wait until I know someone with it so I can borrow it, for the sake of completeness I will read 'Midnight Sun' simply because once I start reading a series of books I do want to see it through to the end.

Oh, by the way:

Vampires. Don't. Sparkle.

Period.

I am actually kinda glad I watched it. It made for an excessively amusing night with my roommate laughing at the movie as well as coming up with a drinking game to make it tolerable if we ever did it again. Probably do it with the next one when its released on DVD too (the fursplosions alone will probably have me in the floor)...only this time we'll wait until it shows up in the $1 rental boxes and not from an actual rental place.

Please inform us as to what drinking game this is in case I am ever forced to watch.

Please inform us as to what drinking game this is in case I am ever forced to watch.

Take a drink for both of Bella's expressions; ie: blankness and GOD-I-want-to-jump-him. For New ****, the plan is to rinse and repeat and add a drink for every fursplosion.

And possibly one for Jasper's constipated expression because that makes me giggle every time I think about it. xd.png

OMGAWDGUIZGUIZGUIZ!

I watched the movie (Twilight) yesterday. laugh.gif

I LOL'D SO MUCH.

They did it bad again. It was horrible, I was giggling almost the entire time.

OH OH OH and in the sparkle scene, yeah the effect was lame, but it was pretty much what I was expecting. But did anyone else notice he sounded like a damn WIND CHIME the whole time he ever sparkled? Seriously, there was a tinkling sound in the two scenes he glittered. And the book went fast? Ha. The movie cut all Ed's angst about changing her and her arguing it out, so it went SO MUCH faster! Really, he only says once he didn't want to become a monster and then at Prom he mocks her for dreaming of being a monster. I don't like how little Alice there was, and Rose is still a bish (prettier blonde than her actual dark hair IMO), loved Carlisle and Esme, though she didn't look like what I pictured her, and SMEYER'S CAMEO MADE ME LMFAO! I nearly jumped when the waitress said 'Stephanie' and I pointed and told my mom 'HEY that's the authoress!' (and my mom went 'no wai' and I went 'ya wai dun she look JUST LIKE BELLA?' and mom went 'lol no' and I went ';_; ya huh'). James was amusing. Though, SOMEONE ANSWER ME THIS.

At the baseball game, Bella's (a certain kind of) safe, surrounded by the family, yes? Well, along comes James, staring at her, blah blah, and JUST as they're about to leave and be safe it's like MAGICAL WIND OF PLAN RUINING blows her scent right into his FACE. Then it's like BAM HISS and the groups are against each other, then Laurent says they're going to leave and this is what gets me: they make Edward take Bella away.

Wait WHAT. Why? You'd rather take her AWAY from the 7 vamps that will (mostly) fight for her against the two (if Laurent cops out when there's no fighting, he would have for sure not fought with James and Victoria) that want to kill her? Why not just stay with the family! You already know they won't fight y'all! dry.gif Better yet, kill James right then and there, you know he wants to kill Bella and god, this would have made everything so much easier.

I hate that they don't have fangs. For some reason, seeing Bella convulsing after James bit her and Ed was trying to suck the venom out and couldn't stop, I wanted to laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh so hard. And James didn't even say his bit about Alice in the mental hospital! Though when she went and ripped his head off, that was awesome and possibly the scariest part of the whole movie. xd.png

I might download New Moon in a few months, just to watch it for the laughs. Twilight was the most annoying piece of entertaining literature I've ever read and the first movie was so boring I switched it off halfway through.

@NixAyum. I remember how yoshi linked on the GPX+ thread *RIP* to something called "Twilight in 15 minutes* and it also mentioned windchimes. Ahaha. Sparkly comes with windchime effect. Why oh why didn't Meyer mention that? xd.png

Edited by lightbird

@NixAyum. I remember how yoshi linked on the GPX+ thread *RIP* to something called "Twilight in 15 minutes* and it also mentioned windchimes. Ahaha. Sparkly comes with windchime effect. Why oh why didn't Meyer mention that? xd.png

LMFAO.

Um, because Ed has the attraction by sound bit covered by his ohsomagicalmelodiouswonderful voice? And because it's beyond illogical (IN COMPARISON WITH THE REST OF IT PEOPLE) for skin to make noise by sunlight? Or she should have because that would have made it all the more ridiculously funny?

LMFAO.

Um, because Ed has the attraction by sound bit covered by his ohsomagicalmelodiouswonderful voice? And because it's beyond illogical (IN COMPARISON WITH THE REST OF IT PEOPLE) for skin to make noise by sunlight? Or she should have because that would have made it all the more ridiculously funny?

Perhaps that was in those 10,000 words she cut from the original draft? Someone finally realised that perhaps she was taking this describing business one step too far?

Windchimes? Oh man, I need to watch that scene again, point and laugh! X3

Its there twice - both sparkle bits in the background. You have to listen kinda hard for the second one though.

Me and the roommate had to stop, go back, and replay the scene just to make sure she had heard them. And do it again just for shits and giggles.

Its there twice - both sparkle bits in the background. You have to listen kinda hard for the second one though.

Me and the roommate had to stop, go back, and replay the scene just to make sure she had heard them. And do it again just for shits and giggles.

Wait, Edward sparkles twice in the first movie?

I knew I should have bared to watch it 'til the end.