Branndi

Twilight

Weird. I don't remember getting anything like that from the Harry Potter fandom....

Which is why, if I ever write a book, I'm going to make the protagonist doesn't hurt the female protagonist, and have her like it.

Oh and let the female protagonist actually do things relevant to the story that will help.

To that hoodie...

Um.

I swear if I see anybody at the theater wearing that...

*stocks up on tomatoes*

e_e

Weird. I don't remember getting anything like that from the Harry Potter fandom....

Which is why, if I ever write a book, I'm going to make the protagonist doesn't hurt the female protagonist, and have her like it.

But what if both protagonists are female, and one gets hurt because of the other? She wouldn't exactly like it, but... well it was her fault that she got hurt, so she won't complain. Much.

(I so fear the day I decide my story is good enough for public viewing T_T Too much rule 34 potential.)

It seems the internet hates twilight and reality doesn't. Internet hates everything. 8) They're hating something that made millions of dollars. I'd like to see YOU make a book that's successful and make that much money and stick it to you. Really, this whole hate twilight is getting out of hand. it's just a series, get oooover yourself.

Oh my god...

I'M NOT REAL.

WE'RE NOT REAL.

WE'RE THE INTERNET.

DDD: /shot

Jeez...

Plenty of horrible things have made tons of money before.

The government for example.

it's just a series, get oooover yourself.

That's what we're trying to tell the twi-tards.

When they do, we will. But until then...

Edited by brokenglass

(I so fear the day I decide my story is good enough for public viewing T_T Too much rule 34 potential.)

I am FAR ahead of any readers with Rule 34-ing my writing. Like, I doubt there's anything I haven't thought about, and I actually HAVE gone and written some of it. But that's never getting published, too much copyright and use of mainstream characters, not to mention several overpowered people and not a really good coherent plot line. e_o; </rant>

@Devyn: looooooooooool.

It seems the internet hates twilight and reality doesn't. Internet hates everything. 8) They're hating something that made millions of dollars. I'd like to see YOU make a book that's successful and make that much money and stick it to you. Really, this whole hate twilight  is getting out of hand. it's just a series, get oooover yourself.

-sighs and grabs the pre-packaged response-

The internet is more or less reality- it's no more fake than news reports when it comes to opinion. (I say more or less because there is a large number of liars. But for the most part, it's real.)

It's not all that hard- I just need to write generic romantic sludge, stick in a 'hot, dark' mythical creature, and market the hell out of it. Sadly, I am NOT a sellout and am working on a story that has some depth to it. It probably won't make much money, but quality is worth so much more.

Yeah, it's a series. However, it's also amazingly stupid and has a fanbase that is downright terrifying, so please get over yourself and let us have our opinions.

Nix: Lucky you xd.png Sadly, mine is not the same... I've given a little thought as to what people can do.

It scares me. >:

Edited by Dr. Paine

No, a lot of us hate it for the **** it spawns. Like this:

user posted image

Okay, see, it's when fans go that far that I want to scream how immature and gross they're being about it. But other than the fandom, the screeching fangirls, peoples' love of Edward/Robert Pattinson, and the, er, creepy fan merchandise, it's okay....

Okay, see, it's when fans go that far that I want to scream how immature and gross they're being about it. But other than the fandom, the screeching fangirls, peoples' love of Edward/Robert Pattinson, and the, er, creepy fan merchandise, it's okay....

Except for the setting women back 50 years with the sexist views, the cliches, and the abusive relationship between Edward and Bella, among other things that I can't remember at the moment...

Other than that... >_>

Edited by brokenglass

It probably won't make much money, but quality is worth so much more.

Yeah, it's a series. However, it's also amazingly stupid and has a fanbase that is downright terrifying, so please get over yourself and let us have our opinions.

Nix: Lucky you xd.png Sadly, mine is not the same...

OSNAP YOU DID NOT JUST USE INTELLIGENCE AND LOGIC ON TEH INTERTUBEZ DID YOU? >:0

I need to write a decent book. Knowing me I couldn't avoid romance of some sort, but I could be more original (AND MAKE MORE SENSE THAN) than SMeyer *English major, even though final goal is teacher and author is like third backup*

-nod-

See, I have no issue with people like you who just treat it like a book. But unfortunately, it seems the massive majority of fans are /not/ like that.

Not that that plays into my hatred of the series so much, I get ticked over everything about the books themselves, and the author herself.

The only things I've REALLY fan-exploded over are downright classics like Harry Potter and Watership Down.

OSNAP YOU DID NOT JUST USE INTELLIGENCE AND LOGIC ON TEH INTERTUBEZ DID YOU? >:0

I need to write a decent book. Knowing me I couldn't avoid romance of some sort, but I could be more original (AND MAKE MORE SENSE THAN) than SMeyer *English major, even though final goal is teacher and author is like third backup*

I USED LOGIC.

YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

(Logic has downfalls though- like making me loathe all but a few movies, books, etc. And it drives me up the wall when I write, I need to make sure it all makes sense xd.png)

Romance is fine, if done well and in moderation. Hell, I have some traces of it in my thing- one of the main characters has a boyfriend, the other is warming up to this guy who's had a thing for her since college xd.png

I also have no character in that under the age of 23, or 'over' the age of 36.

THEY'S ADULTS. REAL ADULTS.

(Yes, I realize it's odd for a sixteen year old to try this. But so far, people think they're good o.o)

I tend to write teens, as (for the next handful of months) I am one, and find they make the best drama, bcuz adults r srs bsns. :|

@Phalo: HP >>>>>>>>>> Twilight. There's a thread about it around here somewhere. 8) Much fun and bashing. Also a Cedric vs. Edward topic that's pretty surprising.

I tend to write teens, as (for the next handful of months) I am one, and find they make the best drama, bcuz adults r srs bsns. :|

@Phalo: HP >>>>>>>>>> Twilight. There's a thread about it around here somewhere. 8) Much fun and bashing. Also a Cedric vs. Edward topic that's pretty surprising.

My story is srs bzns. :|

SRSLY. (And I want opinions D: But preferably through PM so we quit cluttering this board.)

It seems the internet hates twilight and reality doesn't. Internet hates everything. 8) They're hating something that made millions of dollars. I'd like to see YOU make a book that's successful and make that much money and stick it to you. Really, this whole hate twilight is getting out of hand. it's just a series, get oooover yourself.

Just because its made millions doesn't make it good or worth its hype. QUALITY trumps QUANTITY any day.

Example: my favorite series is The Dresden Files. In the years since I started reading it in '02-'03, I have watched that fandom steadily grow and have discussed it with many of them. We've had our arguments, our agreements, tears, shouts of rage...and all of them taken well by the author who is a really awesome man who can write a damned good story. Never have we assaulted someone for downing our fandom, attempted to force it down someone's throat, or injured someone. Y'know our most vehement time? When the TV show was created and ran for one season on the Channel Formerly Known as Sci-Fi and that was because of things that had to be changed because they were too expensive for the company to do on the show. There were some harsh words and a lot of people trying to keep the peace and eventually we settled back down and are all now waiting eagerly for the release of the 12th novel.

THAT is how a fandom should be. Not acid-throwing psychopaths. I know all Twilighters aren't that, I'm talking about the crazies. Anyone that knows and acknowledges what it is but likes it for the fluff is fine by me.

And you want us to get over ourselves because its just a series? What about the tweenies that shriek over Pattinson and Stewart and actually want someone like Edward as their boyfriend? Shouldn't they get over it because its just a series?

*cough* If you'll excuse me, I am now going to be late to a NaNo meeting thing...if anyone shows up, that is.

Basically, what Terion said.

Over the past few years, I've been part of several fandoms, and of course, been aware of many others. They all drew fan art, and wrote fan fiction. They bought products, and had giant shipping wars (which I always watched with amusement). I have never seen anything like Twilight, which takes the term 'fandom' and twists it.

That been said, I do think its the minority of the fandom which are that crazy. You know, the loud minority is heard more than the quiet majority. I've known many fans who do not obsess over Patterson, do not where shirts like that, and don't attack people for disliking the books.

Of couse, Hong Kong may just be more sensible than the rest of the world. cool.gif

I did it. I actually did it.

I watched Twilight.

Now I wish I hadn't.

Edward's sparkles looked at though someone had just sprayed water over him, th acting was wooden and how the hell did Bella have any friends? She blew them off every chance she got.

The only character I liked was Edward's dad.

and had giant shipping wars (which I always watched with amusement).

I <3 shipping wars. =D

Just not this one. Team Edward and Team Jacob, and they're even spawning stuff like Team Jasper and Team Emmet.

@Fortune: I will take your experience and run with it. *never watching that movie if I can help it*

I did it. I actually did it.

I watched Twilight.

Now I wish I hadn't.

Edward's sparkles looked at though someone had just sprayed water over him, th acting was wooden and how the hell did Bella have any friends? She blew them off every chance she got.

The only character I liked was Edward's dad.

Oh, ye gods, the sparkles. Did you hear the background TWINKLING in that scene? And she's speshul - everyone loves her. Except, y'know, the vampires that had sense and wanted to eat her.

I am actually kinda glad I watched it. It made for an excessively amusing night with my roommate laughing at the movie as well as coming up with a drinking game to make it tolerable if we ever did it again. Probably do it with the next one when its released on DVD too (the fursplosions alone will probably have me in the floor)...only this time we'll wait until it shows up in the $1 rental boxes and not from an actual rental place.

Scarily though my dad was asking when New Moon came out. *boggles* I'm just...I'm not sure I want to know why.

Edited by terioncalling

I haven't read the books, but I have heard about the writing style ( incandescent? scintillating? He sounds like he's on bloody fire, not sparkling) and I have watched the first movie. My brother's girlfriend wanted to watch so I was dragged along.

Apart from the fact that the actors looked kinda constipated half of the time, I can't realize how they both fell in love with each other in such a short amount of time without having any practical knowledge about each other. Plus the whole thing"I've known you for one month or two and you are my life now, please turn me into a vampire, I want us to live forever" was kinda ridiculous for me.

And Edward did NOT behave like a 100 year old. If anything, he was behaving like a 17 year old, which he was supposed to be. Makes me think that when he died his emotional growth stopped along with his physical one... >>

I really don't want to read the books since I didn't like the movie ( well, I would have, if it had been categorized as parody/comedy..) so I won't.

To me, it is a romance series. I refuse to see any vampire connection apart from the fact that they are "supposed" to be vampires.

Furplosion? I'm glad I read it in Spanish.

What in the name of all sacred, is supposed to be a Furplosion? That's like the stupidest name she could come up to name the Change, Shapeshift, Transformation...?

As for writtin, Paine, I'll get to that when I have a little time. I've got job in a while, and I'd rather read it calmly.

I don't mind a little bit of romance. But I just can't stand the whole droolling, sappy, and purple prose romance thing. Bella constantly describing his wonderful chest, his hard marble skin, his adonis appearance... and not a single detail to his personality? That's not romance, that's infatuation!

I have my bit of romance in my books as well. But I try to make it believable, and by all means, NOT the center of the story, leaving subplots aside, and just means for them to come in contact.

To be honest, I don't even plan romance. It just sort of happens. I was frankly surprised with two of my characters, who just kind of fell in love. I hadn't planned it to be that way.

As for ages, it is much easier to view at things from a perspective we understand, that's why we normally tend to write from our ages.

I used to do that, in my fanfiction, characters have been growing along with me.

Right now, I have an enormous variety of ages, because the world is vast. Along with an enormous variety of personalities, and circumnstances I have to keep in mind.

But the main characters are young adults.

Also, I write from a political perspective much of the time, which is pretty normal, considering I'm both, a political scientist, and a crazy WWII passionate.

Obviously, I know how hard it'll be for me to publish, specially as I'm trying for something different, something that normally does not make best sellers.

If I wanted, I could write a sappy, ol' romance, and bucket hundreds. But I need to do something good, something that'll be remembered. It's a personal thing. I can't bear with bad books, specially bad books that are making thousands out of housewives, and hormone ridden teenagers, who've, most likely, never read a good classic, or book for that matter.

While some fantastic books rott in shelves, with nobody willing to give them a chance, because it's not "what sells".

When I look for books, I need to lurk in creepy, hidden stores, and get away from large malls, to find something worth it.

In a 100 years, nobody will remember Meyer's trash.

But maybe I can become a classic, who knows.

And obviously, in a 100 years, Rowling's Harry Potter will still be remembered.

Fursplosion is actually the nickname given to it, she just calls it phasing or shifting xd.png

But it's called 'fursplosion' since they just snap to wolf, without any of the awesome painful real transformation.

Fursplosion is actually the nickname given to it, she just calls it phasing or shifting xd.png

But it's called 'fursplosion' since they just snap to wolf, without any of the awesome painful real transformation.

I feel like an idiot, now tongue.gif.

Anyways, you should check this page,I saw it in the Inheritance Cycle thread, and it's pretty amusing, and interesting.

http://eragon-sporkings.wikispaces.com/

The guy's done Eragon's first 2 books, and going with Twilight as well, although unfinished.

I feel like an idiot, now tongue.gif.

Anyways, you should check this page,I saw it in the Inheritance Cycle thread, and it's pretty amusing, and interesting.

http://eragon-sporkings.wikispaces.com/

The guy's done Eragon's first 2 books, and going with Twilight as well, although unfinished.

I've read it xd.png Love it.