Branndi

Twilight

I love the Twilight series. My fave book is Eclipse, because you know Edward is staying for good! Not sure whether or not I actually like Breaking Dawn.

I love the Twilight series. My fave book is Eclipse, because you know Edward is staying for good! Not sure whether or not I actually like Breaking Dawn.

Someone didn't read the last few pages xd.png

blink.gif

user posted image

Who knew Edward was a carebear?

Edited by Fortune86

what i think of this book...

is almost completely negative.

i think.. its like almost every other vampire series ive ever read.

that its a pointless waste to read because the romance in it is too sappy and unrealistic, and that meyer should be shot for writing it.

thats just my opinion though.

user posted image

*snorts* I likey!

I never saw what all the fuss was about over this series. Granted, its not great, but its not really bad either. Just another so-so teeny romance. *shrugs*.

Mind you, I've read up to the second book, and the whole thing with Jacob & his friends made me raise a disbelieving eyebrow. Whats in the third book, zombies? xd.png Not sure if I want to read it lol.

Armstrong's sparkles are very manly.

I don't like twilight. Read the book, no plot. Watched the movie (more like forced to...), no emotion.

the only reason I would watch New Moon is to see Bella commit suicide three times.

And Breaking Dawn, yeesh. Horrible, horrible book.

When I first read the Twilight books, I liked them. A lot. After I re-read some of my much older books, though, I realised that I had only liked Twilight so much because I hadn't read a long book for a while, due to my exams. Now I find many, many major faults in it, but have one comment to make to...well, not defend it, mostly because it just occured to me.

People are complaining that Bella is a Mary Sue and/or that Edward is a Gary Stu. First of, I completely agree. But in Edward's case, this is the whole point! He's a vampire, and vampires in these books are supposed to be much more capable than humen in every aspect, which makes them...flawless, I guess. I'm not exactly in favour of that, but there are flawless characters in classicals, too. Take Mary Poppins for example; she is "practically perfect in every way", but I don't see anyone making Anti-Mary Poppins clubs.

And no, I'm not trying to compare Edward to Mary Poppins; that'd be an insult to the Mary Poppins books, movie and Julie Andrews.

Now, this is turning into a rant but I simply couldn't help myself.

Also, the sparkling vampire thing is completely ridiculous.

Edit: Of all this wall of text, I forgot the "g" in sparkling! *facepalm*

Edited by MissK.

Perfect is one thing.

Edward is simply GODLY.

As a gamer, and specially as a mage and werewolf master, I feel offended that three werewolves can't take down a frigging vampire.

I mean, we're talking about HUGE masses of muscle, fangs, teeth, and viciousness!

I've got nothing against perfect characters, other than they are mary/gary sues.

But when you take that level of perfection towards Meyer's vampires... there seriously is a problem.

Her vampires have no weakness, no flaw. They are super pretty, they have diamond cells, they have poison, super speed, and can walk in daylight!

When your Gary Stu becomes THAT, there seriously is a problem.

PD; LOL to all of the above xd.png.

Perfect is one thing.

Edward is simply GODLY.

As a gamer, and specially as a mage and werewolf master, I feel offended that three werewolves can't take down a frigging vampire.

I mean, we're talking about HUGE masses of muscle, fangs, teeth, and viciousness!

I've got nothing against perfect characters, other than they are mary/gary sues.

But when you take that level of perfection towards Meyer's vampires... there seriously is a problem.

Her vampires have no weakness, no flaw. They are super pretty, they have diamond cells, they have poison, super speed, and can walk in daylight!

When your Gary Stu becomes THAT, there seriously is a problem.

PD; LOL to all of the above xd.png.

And that is why Smeyer Phantasy Phails.

Lol, I agree with everything you said. I'm saying that, well, that's the point of her vampires. To be so flawless that they're kind of godly. Which is, IMO, the biggest problem of the books. I mean...the only flaw they have is low self-control around humen, but the Cullens are getting over that too! *eyeroll*

Edit: Typo day! o_O

Edited by MissK.

Well I never heard of Twilight until I saw the movie trailer for it. Then the next week nearly everybody was starting to read it. When the movie came out, I didn't read the book yet and I wanted to read the book because as everybody always says, the book is always better then the movie. Well I waited until I read the first book and I loved it. Then I saw the movie and well... it was eh... xd.png

After I saw the movie I was like "Oh what the heck I might as well read the rest of the series." I did and LOVED IT!! I think eclipse was my fav. I can't wait until New Moon comes out in the theaters. It looks surprisingly good. biggrin.gif

Lol, I agree with everything you said. I'm saying that, well, that's the point of her vampires. To be so flawless that they're kind of godly. Which is, IMO, the biggest problem of the books. I mean...the only flaw they have is low self-control around humen, but the Cullens are getting over that too! *eyeroll*

Edit: Typo day! o_O

I write, and honestly, I've got real GODS in my books that are more vulnerable than these vampires.

Actually, it all kinda differs went you look from different point of views. If you look at the book like a gamer, than yeah, the vampires are too perfect.

But when it comes to me liking the book, I like it because the Cullen family, the characters of the said family are just great. Bella is just something... I don't know... Ordinary? There is NOTHING special about her. But I like the book purely because the Cullen family is described so good, I read the book before the "movie madness" and I could picture every one of them in my head. My favs are and always will be Jasper and Alice! smile.gif