Branndi

Twilight

Edward and Bella: I now pronounce you Gary and Mary Stu.

does that say enough?

the general idea could've been bubbly-major if in the hands of someone else...

Yes.

And... I-is that a Scott Westerfield (Uglies/Pretties/Specials/Extras) reference? ohmy.gif

I've read most of the pages...I'm more of an Anne Rice vampire person myself but I just like the whole werewolf/vampire clash that Twilight seems to hold throughout the series.

Besides any type of critisism is welcome on my site...just no swearing lol

I'm more of a White Wolf type of person.

I mean, being White Wolf gamer, & master, (specially Werewolf teh Apocalipse, and Mage the Ascension), I find these ubermench/vampire/prince of faeries crosses to be close to aberrations tongue.gif.

I mean, it takes like... what? Three werewolves to take down a vamp?

In World of Darkness (White Wolf's world), it would take like 3 or 4 vamps to take down a werewolf.

Obviously there are more and less powerful vampires. Cain could take by himself a whole normal pack.

But these vampires are just too powerful, and the werewolves too overlooked, in my opinion.

Had Meyer provided the books with a murkier, darker atmosphere. Given the vampires weaknesses. Actually made them weak to sunlight. And not focused the whole relationship in two cardboard cut sues, manipulative Edward, mindless, sexist Bella, and the whole Disney fairy tale display.

If then... maybe, just maybe, she could have made the books interesting.

Twilight is High School Musical with vampires (minus the singing)

And that about all I care to say on the subject.

"I know the exact date that I began writing Twilight, because it was also the first day of swim lessons for my kids. So I can say with certainty that it all started on June 2, 2003." - Taken from Meyer's website.

If anyone is by chance working on a time machine, please hurry up. I wish to use it to go back in time and lynch that succubus.

i found these really cute shirts coming out for team edward and team jacob. there coming out @ nordstrom october 15'th i think and i am dying for them.

dyinggggg. im thinking about going over there with a fork and demanding for them (the fork is if they say no)

I dun know if I posted on this thread yet but...

I LOVE TWILIGHT!

It rocks. I can't WAIT for New Moon.

I love how the author has wrote every detail. I like how they describe Edward. I love the love between the two characters

There is no love between the characters, just teenager angsty obsessions.

Seriously.

You'd think someone immortal would be a little more mature.

^ Truth= the post above me.

Well, I thought Twilight and New Moon was OK, but Bella, your boyfriend is gone. Get on a plane and visit him, for Pete's sake.

Eclipse and Breaking Dawn just ruined it. The battle in Eclipse was pretty cool, but Breaking Dawn HAD OMG A BEAUTIFUL BABY THAT JACOB IMPRINTED ON AND A DEBATE SCENE INSTEAD OF AN ACTION SCENE.

D: Smeyer, I thought you were trying to please the fans, not have their eyes burned out by the birth scene? D:

Had Meyer provided the books with a murkier, darker atmosphere. Given the vampires weaknesses. Actually made them weak to sunlight. And not focused the whole relationship in two cardboard cut sues, manipulative Edward, mindless, sexist Bella, and the whole Disney fairy tale display.

If then... maybe, just maybe, she could have made the books interesting.

QFT.

Hmh..

How haven't I stumbled on this thread.

To say the least I used to...

*deep breath*

L-ll-like twilight.

*shudders*

It was a nice-ish story.... The storyline was okay, the characters pretty much sucked, and it wasnt the best book ever.

But then again, what literature from this century is good anymore?

Please let me know because I'm drawing a blank.

Then dear god the fangirls...

*hands clench into fists*

I wanted to frickin burn the books and eat Edward alive.

But then I'd get poisoned.

Or turn stupid.

Also, Breaking Dawn was the worst piece of **** I've ever had the displeasure of setting my eyes on.

Worse than Everybody Poops.

Edited by brokenglass

666th reply.

ninja.gif

On topic...

I have to ask, where was the love in Twilight that was /real/, not based on hormones or blood or being 'dazzled'?

Was there any real emotional input besides 'no Edward's gone bawww', or anything like that?

As for detail- there's such a thing as too much, and Meyer crossed that line without realizing it existed.

Edited by Dr. Paine

666th reply.

ninja.gif

On topic...

I have to ask, where was the love in Twilight that was /real/, not based on hormones or blood or being 'dazzled'?

Was there any real emotional input besides 'no Edward's gone bawww', or anything like that?

As for detail- there's such a thing as too much, and Meyer crossed that line without realizing it existed.

I'll be the Devil's advocate now.

As much description Meyer introduced, it wasn't just as MUCH as Eragon's books. At least her books were a bit more fluid.

However, her vocabulary was pretty much more lacking than Paolini's (as much as I hate his UBER Descriptions). It was pretty much repeating on and on how much of a strong, rock solid, marble like chest, wonderful, glimmering, beautiful eyes/fangs, and even Ed's friggin breath!

Come on! That thing drinks BLOOD! His breat is not going to smell like roses!

I'd have to look for the LJ account again, but someone actually counted the number of times Eddie's various body parts were described. It was pitiful how limited Meyer's vocabulary was.

^ That is made of win, and I wish this would happen so much.

He'd have to make sure he got her name right.

(While technically the parents should be blamed, I'm not passing up this joke.)

No one should be surprised that Twilight is bad, the woman has an English major and still can't even spell her own name right.

I love the authors details. I seriously hate the plot. I mean seriously. A girl dates a vampire. And then a werewolf. Then she has a baby at 18. How more supernatural could it get?? I mean come on. I also don't get why every girl "dies" when they meet a guy named edward. xd.png I absolutly hated the movie. Edward cannot act xd.png. (I never read the series, bit my friends talk about it 24/7. xd.png)

I love the authors details. I seriously hate the plot. I mean seriously. A girl dates a vampire. And then a werewolf. Then she has a baby at 18. How more supernatural could it get?? I mean come on. I also don't get why every girl "dies" when they meet a guy named edward. xd.png I absolutly hated the movie. Edward cannot act xd.png. (I never read the series, bit my friends talk about it 24/7. xd.png)

The girl didn't die in Edward Scissorhands :3

She just grew really old and told the story to her granddaughter ^^

GO TIM BURTON!

What I meant was most of the girls who read twilight love edward and when a kid named edward in public would probably be attacked bey several girls. xd.png

Edited by waterspirit07

What I meant was most of the girls who read twilight love edward and when a kid named edward in public would probably be attacked bey several girls. xd.png

Oh xd.png

I thought you meant girls around someone named Edward died in some way..

My mistake.

Still, Burton's Edward kicks more arse than can be imagined.

In fact, I'm going to work on a comparison between Scissorhands and Twilight.

After I go get milk.

^ That is made of win, and I wish this would happen so much.

Yes. I'm going to go to a Twilight signing and be like: ""WTF IS TWILIGHT????"