Branndi

Twilight

I didn't like any of the books, Bella I wanted to rip her throat out myself half way through the first book. Gah...she was sooooooooooo anoying and weak, to pathetic for my taste. Edward was to perfect...I hate perfection in a character, he had no flaws, that is bad writing. Jacob was the onyl one I liked and he ended up a pedowolf...WTH. I didn't like the vampires they were also all to perfect, it really bothered me how...she made them. Maybe if she left them so they HAD weaknesses...hell even at least make them lose all their powers in the sunlight or become weak like Dracula...Bram had it right.

In the end I will always belong to the one an only person who can pull off vampire stories with perfection. She makes them the creatures we love today...and they had class, they FELT old and when you read about them you could relate to them and see what made then hurt and what made them weak...they were human even if they could not age and they admited they could not live forever...Anne Rice...my god...everything Bless Lestat...and Pandora...gota love her too.

Since English is not my native language, what exactly is a saga? And what's the difference from a series? I did try researching it, but the info I got somehow confused me further.

The difference between a saga and a series: Saga: heroic stories that have a sequel or however you say it.

Series- Books like Twilight. Non heroic but have books continuing the first.

My grammar is messed up today O_O

I hate twilight. I mean, seriously, all these perfectness and danger.... Ugh. Edward has no flaw. Vampires have flaws. Bella is perfect. Going into depression after that break up with Edward *shudders*. I wanted to kill Edward... he kinda spoiled all the goodness of the book. He was my most hated character. Bella was my second. All the ebil charries in twilight were actually my favorite-ish. Also, Bella is so crazy over a vampire. That isn't something that would happen at all. Normally, people should be afraid of those things. That's one thing in Bella's perfectness. I haven't read the whole series, but I don't want to after the first book. To me, Twilight was boring.

Jacob... hm... you could say he was one of my least hated characters. I didn't pay much thought to him since he was only mentioned a few times in the first book. I'm kinda starting to dislike him over the girls at my school fangirling over him. He's okay....

To tell the truth, I forced myself to read after hearing everyone saying it was so good. Lies I tell you. Lies.

I enjoyed reading them and will enjoy watching the movies.

Not obsessed like some fans or ranters are who ***** about it being a big deal.. however making it a big deal themselves by writing this huge paragraph or so about how it sucks.

To tell the truth, I forced myself to read after hearing everyone saying it was so good. Lies I tell you. Lies.

I shudder everytime someone tells me;

"go read this book, it's sooo good."

or

"go see this movie, it's soooo good."

or

"go see this museum, it's soooooo good."

Every single time, someone has told me a book, a movie, or a museum were good, they ended up being atrocious pieces of s...

I have a question.

In Stephenie Meyer's Twilight (novel), Bella Swan reads Wuthering Heights. In the sequel Eclipse, several direct quotes from Wuthering Heights are used to purportedly compare Bella's relationships with Edward Cullen and Jacob Black to Catherine's relationships with Heathcliff and Edgar.

Just who is who in this? Is Edward Heathcliff or Edgar? Is Jacob Heathcliff or Edgar? Who is who?

Opinions! GO!

Twilight the movie was horrible, any other word is a lie.

And the books are a disappointment if you're hoping that all the fan comments are true and not blind sided by the cliche romance. But whatever, love what you love....

Hated the first book,

Loved the second (Edward wasn't there.)

Hated the third,

and the fourth was okay.

I have a question.

Just who is who in this? Is Edward Heathcliff or Edgar? Is Jacob Heathcliff or Edgar? Who is who?

Opinions! GO!

Ed is Heath.

Because they're the dangerous true lover that will self-sacrifice themselves for the girl they love to be happy.

I hated Wuthering Heights. =D

Ed is Heath.

Because they're the dangerous true lover that will self-sacrifice themselves for the girl they love to be happy.

Huh. Then, if comparing their relationship to that in Wuthering Heights, Bella should have ended up with Jacob if he is thusly Edgar. And Edward should have had a child with some other crazy woman and then their children would do crazy "love" imprinting nonsense of exploding wolf and half vampire (or whatever).

Yeah, not a fan either.

Edited by terioncalling

The first book was okay

second book sucked

third book was good

and the forth book was epic win

the movie was pure dog poop xP

Edited by scrunchybunchy94

Huh. Then, if comparing their relationship to that in Wuthering Heights, Bella should have ended up with Jacob if he is thusly Edgar. And Edward should have had a child with some other crazy woman and then their children would do crazy "love" imprinting nonsense of exploding wolf and half vampire (or whatever).

Yeah, not a fan either.

Ah, but then with the comparisons Meyer uses there's a possibility for plagiarism, yes?

No? I'm not sure. Let's go with MAYBE.

Or we can go with she was looking for a comparison to an actual book of merit and WH seemed close enough, because she already did Romeo and Juliet.

Plus the sparklpyre MUUUUUUUUUUUUST win.

(I'm totally spelling it wrong, someone fix please?)

and the forth book was epic win

DUDE.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU???

in the fourth book, it was too damn stupid!

in the part where bella becomes a vampire, she is a complete and utter mary-sue.

im not surprised if meyer knew that.

dewd...

my eyes....

theyre bleeding from reading that series....

that total mary-sue, gary-stu, emo shat series...

you ass. <<;

Ah, but then with the comparisons Meyer uses there's a possibility for plagiarism, yes?

No? I'm not sure. Let's go with MAYBE.

Or we can go with she was looking for a comparison to an actual book of merit and WH seemed close enough, because she already did Romeo and Juliet.

Plus the sparklpyre MUUUUUUUUUUUUST win.

(I'm totally spelling it wrong, someone fix please?)

I...maybe?

It might have at least made things interesting to have gone that way....I think.

Let's, uh, go with that last one. Yeah. Sparkle-Boy must win.

I...maybe?

It might have at least made things interesting to have gone that way....I think.

Let's, uh, go with that last one. Yeah. Sparkle-Boy must win.

Yes but the fans would have been outraged (OR stoked because now Ed is single) and not enough haters would have been pacified.

Sparkles=win in the fandom.

I kinda wanna buy that glitter at Hot Topic now and see what the hell it comes out like. *shot*

Yes but the fans would have been outraged (OR stoked because now Ed is single) and not enough haters would have been pacified.

Sparkles=win in the fandom.

I kinda wanna buy that glitter at Hot Topic now and see what the hell it comes out like. *shot*

Mmm, true, true. Damn.

*clings* Noooo! Do not give in to the madness! xd.png Heheh. I was tempted to buy one of those life-size cardboard cut-outs of Eddy from FYE just to burn it. The roommate talked me out of it as that was a waste of money.

Should have done it, but done it in front of teh rabid fangirls. ninja.gif

I would have attended the funeral and spoken of your bravery.

Should have done it, but done it in front of teh rabid fangirls. ninja.gif

I would have attended the funeral and spoken of your bravery.

Bah, what funeral? My ass would have set it on fire, stood there grinning and laughing until the fangirls noticed, and then took off at high speed towards a conveniently placed escape vehicle. biggrin.gif

Bah, what funeral? My ass would have set it on fire, stood there grinning and laughing until the fangirls noticed, and then took off at high speed towards a conveniently placed escape vehicle. biggrin.gif

As soon as you whipped it out they would have come running.

SHUT UP DIRTY MIND, GET BACK IN THE GUTTER.

And as soon as they saw fire near their vampire, they'd mob. You probably wouldn't have time to laugh. This is why you have the chopper, man! Safe out of reach and able to watch the show. 8D

As soon as you whipped it out they would have come running.

SHUT UP DIRTY MIND, GET BACK IN THE GUTTER.

And as soon as they saw fire near their vampire, they'd mob. You probably wouldn't have time to laugh. This is why you have the chopper, man! Safe out of reach and able to watch the show. 8D

Oooh, good idea. *scribbling notes*

Also xd.pngxd.pngxd.pngxd.pngxd.png.

Edward and Bella: I now pronounce you Gary and Mary Stu.

does that say enough?

the general idea could've been bubbly-major if in the hands of someone else...

I love Twilight, I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first thinking gods not another lovey-dovey vampire series. But my little sister finally conned me into watching the first movie after seeing the trailier for NEW MOON.

After that I spent 3 days reading the last 3 books...now I like it so much I made a discussion site for everything Twilighty...see my Auzzie Twilight Pack banner below to go to my site if you wish!!

I love Twilight, I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first thinking gods not another lovey-dovey vampire series. But my little sister finally conned me into watching the first movie after seeing the trailier for NEW MOON.

After that I spent 3 days reading the last 3 books...now I like it so much I made a discussion site for everything Twilighty...see my Auzzie Twilight Pack banner below to go to my site if you wish!!

xd.png

You don't want us in your site, discussing the books tongue.gif.

Really, you should go through the thread, or at least lurk around a bit. Most of us quiet dislike this books for various reasons.

I've read most of the pages...I'm more of an Anne Rice vampire person myself but I just like the whole werewolf/vampire clash that Twilight seems to hold throughout the series.

Besides any type of critisism is welcome on my site...just no swearing lol