Branndi

Twilight

She made poor Leah sterile. That's not fair. It's a perfect example of the kind of hatred for women that people point out in her books. Werewolf dudes still have working reproductive parts and stop aging. All of a sudden, Leah ages towards menopause and is suddenly unable to reproduce, when she should technically still have all the eggs she was born with?

You know, I can almost see how Leah being sterile makes sense because she is the only one female werewolf in like centuries and the gene is always passed on through the male.

But I really wanted Leah to have some kind of happy ending and maybe for her to eventually get along with the Cullens. Not like Jacob and Seth do, but at least some kind of understanding on some level.

I also wanted to know what happened to her because when Nessie came along, that pretty much killed her chance of hanging with Jacob for awhile and it's like she was meant to be all alone in her life.

I don't want Leah to be alone sad.gif

You know, I can almost see how Leah being sterile makes sense because she is the only one female werewolf in like centuries and the gene is always passed on through the male.

But I really wanted Leah to have some kind of happy ending and maybe for her to eventually get along with the Cullens. Not like Jacob and Seth do, but at least some kind of understanding on some level.

I also wanted to know what happened to her because when Nessie came along, that pretty much killed her chance of hanging with Jacob for awhile and it's like she was meant to be all alone in her life.

Okay, I read all the books and I was actually pissed off. Jacob get's to hang with Nessie, but leaves her behind! That really got me pissed. I thought Leah should have a happy ending as well!

Okay, I read all the books and I was actually pissed off. Jacob get's to hang with Nessie, but leaves her behind! That really got me pissed. I thought Leah should have a happy ending as well!

No no... only Bella and Edward get the happy complete ending *Eye roll*

Stephanie so dropped the ball.

No, it doesn't make sense. Wasn't she fertile before she started turning into a wolf? You can't turn someone randomly sterile unless you removed every egg from her body. What did they do? Dissolve? Regardless of it passing mostly through the male gene, they still have working plumbing. How should being a werewolf affect her so much? Meyer wanted to turn into a whiny "harpy" that didn't get a happy ending. At all.

So pretty much every female was screwed over except Bella. (And maybe Alice, but I didn't read anything about her.)

Gawd, I hate this woman.

Edited by Panlah

Considering she had Alice as some crazy mortal who was locked away in a room with no light before she was turned, I guess you could call her screwed over too Lol

All I know about Twilight I learned from Fandom_Wank xd.png

That said, what's with the writer and werewolves? Jacob is forced to fall in love with Bella's kid so he wouldn’t be in love with Bella anymore and Leah get's sterilized?

Bah. *Hugs Bitten by Kelley Armstrong*

Omg! Kelley Armstrong! Clay, Nick, Adam and Jasper....*Drools*

Okay...I am done with my moment now.... wink.gif

As for Jacob and Nessie, I think that is alot of it. I know she tried to play it off as to why Jacob was always in Bella's life, as if it was destined and he was always meant to be part of her world; but I think it is just so everyone in Team Jacob can get over the fact that he doesn't get to be with Bella but still gets to be with something that was a part of her.

Personally I saw it as nothing than "I can't have you so I'll take the next best thing which is your kid."

As for Jacob and Nessie, I think that is alot of it. I know she tried to play it off as to why Jacob was always in Bella's life, as if it was destined and he was always meant to be part of her world; but I think it is just so everyone in Team Jacob can get over the fact that he doesn't get to be with Bella but still gets to be with something that was a part of her.

Personally I saw it as nothing than "I can't have you so I'll take the next best thing which is your kid."

It also doesn't make sense that the baby had thoughts in the womb, and is maturing emotionally, physically and mentally at such a fowarded rate.

Babies in the womb can't speak a language. The most Edward would/should have heard is a gurgle.

Well considering how fast Nessie was growing, in that particular situation it did make sense since she was like walking, talking, and so forth by the time she was two weeks old.

I am not saying under logical cirumstances that makes sense or anything, just in the situation that Meyer created around Nessie and her development.

All I know about Twilight I learned from Fandom_Wank xd.png

That said, what's with the writer and werewolves? Jacob is forced to fall in love with Bella's kid so he wouldn’t be in love with Bella anymore and Leah get's sterilized?

Bah. *Hugs Bitten by Kelley Armstrong*

Kelley! *Squeals* I love Kelley Armstrong...as if you couldn't tell LOL

"I can't have Bella, so I'm going to become a raging pedophile and mark her kid so she's mine, all mine!"

Oh yeah, such morals Stephanie has taught us.

Well considering how fast Nessie was growing, in that particular situation it did make sense since she was like walking, talking, and so forth by the time she was two weeks old.

I am not saying under logical cirumstances that makes sense or anything, just in the situation that Meyer created around Nessie and her development.

She SHOULDN'T have been mentally maturing that fast. People don't learn thing out of thin air. They are taught through trial and error. If she was physically maturing that fast, her mental and emotional maturity should have logically been lagging behind.

The Vampires in Twilight can read minds right? Could she have been learning from her parent's minds or the minds of who Bella was around?

Wrong. Vampires in Twilight have "gifts" that differ from vampire to vampire.

Jane can create the illusion of pain, Edward can read minds, Alice can predict the future, Jasper can calm emotions...

Maybe Nessie inherited the mind-reading ability. I don't know. Even so, she wouldn't have a clue what was being said, because she wouldn't understand the concept of "language."

Nessie did pretty much inherit the trait, or so it is implied, but she doesn't read minds. She can touch people and have them see her thoughts so they know what she is thinking and she uses that as a method of communication instead of talking.

Edited by Branndi

Ah, see, there ya go. Disproved my theory. That's what sane Twilight fans do, rather than yell and call me wrong with no backup.

I still don't think that will excuse other mental and emotional maturities that one learns through years of growing up.

Maybe Nessie inherited the mind-reading ability. I don't know. Even so, she wouldn't have a clue what was being said, because she wouldn't understand the concept of "language."

She didn't inherit it. It was Edward's power, only reversed. Where he could read minds, she could show people her thoughts through touch which yes, she shouldn't have been able to understand the concept of language and though she was maturing physically so fast, she should have only been able to show what she was thinking and not actually speak it.

Which all she did anyway was repeat the same scene that had just happened in front of her to people with her thoughts, which what was the point aside from her asking a question with them...a question she really shouldn't have been able to ask because she shouldn't have been able to understand the situation anyway.

She didn't inherit it. It was Edward's power, only reversed. Where he could read minds, she could show people her thoughts through touch which yes, she shouldn't have been able to understand the concept of language and though she was maturing physically so fast, she should have only been able to show what she was thinking and not actually speak it.

Which all she did anyway was repeat the same scene that had just happened in front of her to people with her thoughts, which what was the point aside from her asking a question with them...a question she really shouldn't have been able to ask because she shouldn't have been able to understand the situation anyway.

Your post confused me so much. I don't know if you're agreeing or disagreeing. xd.png

Ah, see, there ya go. Disproved my theory. That's what sane Twilight fans do, rather than yell and call me wrong with no backup.

I still don't think that will excuse other mental and emotional maturities that one learns through years of growing up.

What bugged the hell out of me with Nessie's ability is that she uses it to communicate rather than talk. That just annoyed me so much because I would be making her talk instead of being lazy and just showing people what she thinks.

Also, coming from a mother's point of view, not having her talk at all hinders her development. If she never talks then she won't learn and she just won't ever talk again. I use to work in a rehab center for the mentally challenged and I worked with a guy who stopped talking one day and then had to be retaught how to. So yeah, with Nessie...I just wanted to slap Edward and Bella for encouraging her laziness.

Your post confused me so much. I don't know if you're agreeing or disagreeing. xd.png

LOL I'm sorry, I'm in that 'I just woke up from four hours of sleep' haze.

I agree with you! biggrin.gif

What bugged the hell out of me with Nessie's ability is that she uses it to communicate rather than talk. That just annoyed me so much because I would be making her talk instead of being lazy and just showing people what she thinks.

Also, coming from a mother's point of view, not having her talk at all hinders her development. If she never talks then she won't learn and she just won't ever talk again. I use to work in a rehab center for the mentally challenged and I worked with a guy who stopped talking one day and then had to be retaught how to. So yeah, with Nessie...I just wanted to slap Edward and Bella for encouraging her laziness.

That's also true. But Nessie wouldn't understand what she was conveying... which makes it really hard to understand Meyer's mentality. Isn't she a mother? Reading between the lines, she encourages young girls to completely fall dependant on a man, and take them only if they're hot and rich, and like you said, encourage minimal child development. I don't get her.

Even with Jacob imprinting on Nessie, it sort of encourages, pedophilia, especially if you read what she said it meant. When Quil imprinted on Claire, Meyer said that he'd be whatever she needed, be it a father figure, and uncle, or a brother. Now, she says that imprinting isn't sexual, but the bottom line is that it will eventually be expected that they will be mates. Marriage partners.

This is like taking a child and forcing them to marrying a parent or sibling. And also a process called "child molding."

That's also true. But Nessie wouldn't understand what she was conveying... which makes it really hard to understand Meyer's mentality. Isn't she a mother? Reading between the lines, she encourages young girls to completely fall dependant on a man, and take them only if they're hot and rich, and like you said, encourage minimal child development. I don't get her.

Even with Jacob imprinting on Nessie, it sort of encourages, pedophilia, especially if you read what she said it meant. When Quil imprinted on Claire, Meyer said that he'd be whatever she needed, be it a father figure, and uncle, or a brother. Now, she says that imprinting isn't sexual, but the bottom line is that it will eventually be expected that they will be mates. Marriage partners.

This is like taking a child and forcing them to marrying a parent or sibling. And also a process called "child molding."

The whole imprinting thing reminds me too much of an arranged marrage. Nessie's husband for the rest of her life has already been chosen for her, and she's only months old. That really bugged me.

It's one of the many examples of sexism in the book. The female has no say in it, only the male. She's forced to love him.