skunklover

Dreams You've Had

I tried to order something form KFC, but failed with various reasons such as, not enough money, time, out of service, event season is over etc...

I once dreamt that I was volunteering in some kind of fair. Not the kind where there's carnival games but the kind that give out flyers and informational brochures. I don't remember any of the other booths but the one i was in was ran by an old man with greying hair, that was wearing a green apron. I was also wearing the same green apron to match the theme of our booth, which was something about the earth. I remember that at one point the old man went off somewhere eles leaving me in charge of the booth when i suddenly get a dreadful feeling about the place im at. Something about the booth i was at felt off and soon left to get away from whatever was giving me that feeling. I find myself in some kind of super market, where i just started to wonder aimlessly. The more i walked, the more off the store felt. I started to run, and as i did the shelves started to get taller and the packaging on the products started to get more saturated. It kept escalating untill i woke up. I have a bunch of other weird dreams i keep having too.

Edited by Monozuchan

I had a dream once that I was a security guard (this is not at all influenced by Fnaf) at a new mall on what looked like a cruise ship or some old aircraft carrier that was permanently docked. One night while I was wandering the empty mall, I encountered this formless monster. I didn’t get a great look at it but it seemed to be black and had glowing eyes. It’s body was constantly changing. I began to run from it but no matter how fast I ran, it always was faster than me. I managed to avoid it for a while and it turned out that there was several monsters.

At the end of the dream, It was like I was floating high above the “mall”. I could see more people wandering the mall like there was a new security guard and the monsters were looking for me and him. I thought about how the new guy had no idea what he was getting into and that’s how it ended.

A couple of days ago I had a dream where I was out in the woods camping with some people, including a... former friend of mine. Long story short, a snake showed up out of nowhere and bit this ex-friend and some of the people I was camping with took her to the hospital, as it turns out the snake in question was a black mamba. And later on the dream turned into some kind of television show with a "where are they now?"-kind of thing at the end, telling me what happened to my ex-friend... she died to the snakebite and I remember my dream-self feeling weirdly happy about it. It was... disturbing to say the least. I know ex-friend and I parted ways in a pretty rough manner, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be all that happy to hear if she had died in real life. If anything I'd probably just feel indifferent about it and kind of glad it's all over now, but... sheesh. That was pretty dark.

I think the most existentially terrifying one was the one where I broke my arm; and no, its not for the reason you'd think.  It wasn't really painful, so much as it was a huge inconvenience in my dream because I somehow broke my right arm on both the ulna and radius, so my arm was flopping around and I was struggling to take notes in class and to pretend that it wasn't broken.  Then, the radius broke again and that's when I stated feeling painful.  I woke up screaming from it and realized I had slept in an awkward position and that my arm was just extremely numb, which was definitely a relief. 

Actually had a DC dream last night. Whist using the forums, I responded to somebody in a thread and then noticed I was getting spammed with PMs. I opened them to find one was from the person I'd just responded to, but another was from a different user who could not stress to me enough that the person I'd just engaged with was a virus account. People were putting a small cute sprite of a demon in their signatures which symbolised they were part of a cult to spread viruses across the site, and all of the other spammy PMs were from members of said cult. My first instinct was to message Help Mod Skywolf (who insisted for me to call them "Liam" ...??? Aight) but before I got to tell them the issue, my PC shut down because the influx of virus messages had somehow infected my PC just by sending me PMs? Either way, I decided to try to contact "Liam" on Discord instead to warn them about what was happening, but I woke up before I got to. Just... What? Let's hope that doesn't actually happen.

I had a lovely dream last night, well i thought so, first off i love cacti and the dream clearly proves that.

So I'm walking and its like dawn and I'm in a very flat area and there is nothing around me but cacti dotted around, i keep walking and the cacti get bigger and more frequent and i eventually start to get closed in until there is a huge massive cacti forest in front of me some huge and tall others small, varying colours some budding with flowers but not bloomed yet, however its very spicky so i carnt walk though.

Then as i start to give up suddenly i get a very thick overly padded carnt move properly thick coat and the spicks dont hurt or prick me i get so happy that i can walk though the forrest that i hug  a cactus and it suddenly flowers to musical notes this makes me start hugging several and in a chain reaction the whole forrest blooms in a big orchestral number of sounds, after this dies down and as some petals drift on the wind and fall around me i continue to walk looking around in awe, i then wake up

Loved this dream hope i have another one or something similar :)

Most of my dreams are all similar - and if anyone is a dream interpreter I would love some insight. 

One reoccurring dream: 

This dream usually takes place on a normal day, Its usually me cleaning the house or just hanging around my home. Then for some reason I have to go to the basement, when I go into the basement I have a bunch of spirits (visible) trying to kill me, usually while I am trying to go back upstairs, they keep pulling me back, scratching me; choking me; stabbing me with their hands. 

Another reoccurring dream: 

Same as above, though with this one I do not go into the basement - instead I look down the basement stairs and I tell some type of invisible spirit / demon to leave me alone, and I had enough; after I tell it off I attempt to run upstairs to my room and it grabs me and keeps trying to pull me into the basement and I am unable to scream for help.  

A Newer Dream: 

I am sitting in my older siblings room with her and my niece, for some reason I am making my little sister (whom as autism, that I care for) her lunch plate, on my older sisters bed. When I go to bring it into her room for her my older sibling and niece follow me into the hallway - when suddenly I hear a demonic like noise (which I believe happened outside of my dream - you will see why later on) so I turned around and asked my sibling and niece if they heard that, and they shrugged and shook their head and said "No, what do you mean a noise?" so I said nothing, and looked into my room where I saw my cat (I only have one) on my bed which was not in the right spot, then into the other part of the hallway where his food bowl was, and there was another one of him; which I know I only have one, but for some reason I thought having 2 of the same cat was perfectly fine. When I went to turn back around and head into my little sisters room I got stopped and something invisible grabbed my neck from above and yanked my head upward - which Immediately woke me from my dream to me panting and the feeling of a hand around my neck was still there. My room felt off when I woke up. I was ****ing scared and refused to look at the end of my bed. 

My only thought is that I know I have had something attached / following me since middle school, and it has now been getting into my dreams.

I dreamt I was following this parade of birds of all different sizes. I tried to take a picture of them on my phone but the camera refused to load, by the time I got it working they'd turned a corner and disappeared. While I was looking for them I saw Sir David Attenborough, I asked him if he'd seen where the birds went to. He said he was sorry but he hadn't. He did promise to keep an eye out for them though

Today's was a futuristic version of The Nightmare Before Christmas starring my crush and myself.

I normally have very vivid dreams, but the fact that I take melatonin pushes them over the edge. I'm one of the few who actually likes that, provided it's good dream.

So, for some reason, I was dumping a bunch of fireworks (or something explosive, anyway) into a volcano.  Just as they hit the lava and exploded (bright and noisy), my alarm came on.  Apparently I'm better at telling time asleep than awake.

everyone else has such wacky, fantastical dreams LMAO

mine are rarely like that. usually i just have .. nightmares i guess? but i dont even consider them that at this point. theyre just dreams at this point, i'm used to them. i feel like i sound super edgy but im not trying to 😂 i usually have very graphic, violent dreams, though. don't want to go too into detail because trust me, i do see a lot of detail and i feel everything, but its stabbing, beating, etc. i see such horrific things in such great detail and it used to scare me so much when i first started dreaming like this, i remember waking up sweating and crying the first time i had them but now it just shakes me up a little bit. i'm a fan of horror and gore so they're at least fascinating to experience. 

On 4/3/2020 at 7:20 PM, InvaderAlexis said:

everyone else has such wacky, fantastical dreams LMAO

mine are rarely like that. usually i just have ..

i'm a fan of horror and gore so they're at least fascinating to experience. 

I have similar dreams. I dream about being assaulted a lot. Doesn't usually bother me anymore. Sometimes bothers my wife because I wake her up.

I also dream about being in high school a lot. Particularly about missing the bus to go home (or the bus just not being there etc). These dreams are very filled with despair. High school was a bad time for me.

Brains like to go back to trauma in sleep, I guess. 

Last night, I had a pretty lame dream but it made me happy anyway. XD (And I actually remember it, which is rare lately)

I dreamt that I was playing video games and my mom was like "hey can you teach me I want to play that" and I was just genuinely happy to share something I like to do with her. 

Early 2019 seemed like everyone was feeling the itch to return to Bloodborne, ended up having a dream about it about a week later.

It was really short, going through some chalice dungeon, looked like Isz but darker aesthetic. Came upon that big circular room and there was just lone a hunter there, unlike any in the game but a hybrid, wore Cainhurst armour but with the gold ardeo, don't remember their weps but they didn't use big ones like the wheel or cannon. Anyway, killed them and they dropped an oath rune of all things, and not in the usual manner either, didn't loot anything but rather it appeared directly in inventory (kinda like the beast rune gets looted automatically off the BPS near the workshop).

It was called Revelation. It was simple, an eye design with 6 lines coming out of it, two going straight up and down from the middle, and 4 going out at diagonals from the corners, kindof resembled a bright star with 6 points. Got super hyped cuz thought I'd found something entirely new in a years old game, went into the menu to read the runes item description but alas, couldn't make out a single word (not sure if I saw anything resembling language, and when trying to recall the details there are none, it's all just a blur now) and woke up real suddenly. Rip forbidden eldritch knowledge.

Haven't really been remembering much of my dreams lately just that they have been disjointed. Probably should mention I'm a lucid dreamer. Which means I almost always know I'm dreaming and can even when I choose to control or change a dream if I don't like it. I don't do that often as knowing it's a dream kinda makes it so I don't have nightmares or unpleasant dreams since I can change/control them if I do. I can also force myself awake if needed as well. This was something I wasn't always capable of. When I was a kid I had an asthma attack while I was asleep and stopped breathing and almost didn't wake up. So I learned to affect my dreams so I never had to worry about that again.

Of course since I posted last. I since had a dream (nightmare really) in which I struggled to be aware that it was a dream and to wake myself from it. And even when I did wake and try to reset my brain. When I fell asleep again it just started all over again just slightly different version. 

Kept feeling like someone was in my home at one point they were sitting on my bed and I freaked out grappling with them but they didn't hurt me, don't think they were trying to either looking back on the dream, strangely enough it reminds me of another dream in which in both I think might have been my grandfather who died when I was little. Other versions were my mom gave my brother a key to my place and decided to let him live with me. He was bringing people into my home while I was sleeping. He was on drugs and naked and deliberately trying to provoke me. He wouldn't leave and my mom thought I was in the wrong for not wanting him there and wouldn't help me get rid of him. I ended up trying several times to wake but couldn't open my eyes. And when I did just ended up dreaming it again when I fell back asleep. It really was a nightmare and messed with my head. I'm not used to be unable to affect my dreams or wake myself up easily.

I've just dream about DragonCave, basically from what I remember, there was an event where some dragon get a new sprites. One of them was the Brimstone Dragon, who, for some reason, was now a imposing pink salmon dragon. With black wings arounds him that make them looks like he was wearing a cape. In the middle of his chest was a blue star gems. I can't drawn dragon and disclaimer, he looked actually quite cool. But here the paint reconstruction
image.png.37dae7b1967c8c64800e8efbf7f4e51b.png

Edited by Nightmon

On 4/3/2020 at 6:20 PM, InvaderAlexis said:

i usually have very graphic, violent dreams, though. don't want to go too into detail because trust me, i do see a lot of detail and i feel everything, but its stabbing, beating, etc. i see such horrific things in such great detail and it used to scare me so much when i first started dreaming like this, i remember waking up sweating and crying the first time i had them but now it just shakes me up a little bit. i'm a fan of horror and gore so they're at least fascinating to experience. 

I used to have horrible horrible dreams about those kinds of things. Most of them involved me being crushed slowly by a machine or w/e. They stopped around 7th grade when I started taking medication, but occasionally I do have dreams where I get stabbed and I can feel it and it sucks. One time I had three dreams where I got stabbed three nights in a row and I was afraid that that meant I was going to die so naturally I went to my pagan friend and asked her about premonitions and prophetic dreams.

spoiler alert: I did not die. I'm just a paranoid boi.

I do have a lot of other strange dreams still and they're usually related to whatever video game I've been playing the most at that time. I have an instagram where I post about the dreams I have, so if anyone would like to see it then I'll gladly share it w you!

3 hours ago, multicharbar said:

spoiler alert: I did not die. I'm just a paranoid boi.

fdgsfklgj hahah, honestly, i feel that. my mother doesn't believe in medications n' stuff so its pretty awful but i dont wanna mope and complain here. its tough, but i dont think this is the place that i wanna talk about it if you feel LMAO ^^;

i like to look up the meaning of my dreams after i've woken up just for fun, and the most recent one i had was in complete grayscale and i shot a rabbit and felt nothing. turns out that rabbits symbolize happiness, relationships, fulfillment and fertility. so the fact that i dreamt of me destroying it and just sitting there blankly and coldly is not Good. 

20 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

the most recent one i had was in complete grayscale and i shot a rabbit and felt nothing. turns out that rabbits symbolize happiness, relationships, fulfillment and fertility. so the fact that i dreamt of me destroying it and just sitting there blankly and coldly is not Good. 

I just went Oof out loud

Does anyone else have any weird recurring themes in their dreams? like teeth falling out?

I've been asking people whether they have those dreams or not, and if they do I ask how many teeth they usually lose. Most people so far have been saying like a couple, I think my mom said a whole row, but I have yet to meet someone else who has dreams about losing literally all of their teeth, and their teeth grow back and fall out again. That's a Classic Anxiety Dream(TM)

I also for some reason have dreams where I'm traveling through some place, it varies every time, but there is always a public bathroom that doesn't really have stalls, all the toilets are together and there are usually a lot of them. I don't believe it's a self-conscious dream because I don't feel self-conscious when I'm in that situation (in the dreams), it just is what it is.

Well last night I just had a dream that we burned down our house. On purpose.

Like we made sure our cat was outside with us (we live in the city and he is not an outdoor cat), and then we just lit a match and burned it.

I wonder what it means? My best friend said insurance fraud but that's probably not it lmfao

i had a dream about my dad (who's dead, i think i should add) last night. occasionally i'll have dreams that he's in, but not super often. and when i do, it always feels like a dream, if that makes sense, because a lot of the time my other dreams are more blurred and feel more real, but these ones i feel kinda ethereal. and we hardly interact in them, or at least it doesnt feel like were interacting. i hope this makes sense. like, a little bit ago i dreamt that a new movie came out of something that i really like, and i was watching it and he was there with me (which i was really, really happy about. whenever i try to show things i enjoy to my mother she's always so dismissive and it kinda hurts because i get really attached to the things that are important to me lol), and he was talking about the contents of the movie but i felt like i was... disassociating, kinda. and it was a similar feeling in my most recent dream.

part of it there were cats running around in my house, all the lights were out and it was pretty quiet in there (which is extremely unusual but something that i enjoy), and he was there too, but it felt like he wasnt. i knew he was there, but it felt like i was alone in the house, even though my brother and i were talking to him, saying we had to get ready to go to church. i'm not religious, and before my dad died i remember asking him if i had to go to church because it would give me horrible sensory overloads, like really bad, i used to run my nails down my arms because id get so overwhelmed and that habit was something that was hard to drop because i still do it on occasion. not often, because im much better at removing myself from situations where i get overwhelmed like that if i can, but if its impossible for me to get out i might get overwhelmed, but thats off topic. the point is, it was strange that i wanted to go with him, i was eager. 

when we got there, i dont know where my brother went. also, i should say that i also have a sister who i... i'm not close with, to say the least. i dont trust her at all so honestly i'm glad she didn't even appear in this dream. but it was a very small church, and i dont know why but we couldnt get in. but my father and i looked in through this cobweb-covered window, and please lets suspend disbelief for a moment here, he started playing the piano and trying to sing this song. i knew the song very well. he was never a good singer, nor did he know how to play the piano at all and that... showed in the dream, lol. i felt a little embarrassed, but that was nothing because i felt kinda... melancholy instead. like at that point in the dream i realized that i was dreaming, though not to the point where i could take control, but just enough to know that he's gone, and that i couldnt be mad or make him stop, because it was so jarring to hear his voice, i havent heard it in years. it was so nice to just be next to him, and to hear him do something so silly, because when he did things he put his whole heart into it, regardless of whether it was good or not or who was listening. i guess i got that from him, haha. 

but still, i woke up crying. it wasnt even a sad dream, but i guess all the feelings of just that final "scene" there kinda carried over... its been a long time since i woke up crying from a dream. i have nightmares a lot (recently its been okay, but thats because my waking world has been more of a nightmare, not to be dramatic. i think my brains just too exhausted from living it to create new scenes of disaster by the time night rolls around, which i guess im grateful for, but the cost isnt worth it.) but i've gotten used to the feelings of it, so i just wake up more shaken than in tears. so waking up so emotionally affected after so long was really... different. sorry for the long post.

Last night I had a dream about breeding a nocturne and horse together in RL and got a live birth neglected it looked different than the cave neglected it looked more like a horse but it's legs were kinda wrinkled, later the horse who was the mother started screaming in agony and died, a pool of blood collecting under her as a she gave birth to a skeleton that came out smoking, her blood had turned to acid which is why she died.

what the hell, i had another dream that i was talking to my dad. the details in this one were much sillier but i still felt that frantic bittersweet feeling that i wanted to say something to him and was so happy that he was there, but i knew that he wasnt. but then it devolved into a different dream that was more on-par with some of the nightmares that i have, just witnessing crazy stuff happen. i wrote it down on a scrap of paper about the size of my hand that i used to make a sewing pattern for something because it was the closest thing i had (and i didnt want to write it in the notes of my phone because my house is very loud and i knew id forget if the music i had on stopped playing) and i wrote in such small text for about half an hour the details of the dream.

Edited by InvaderAlexis