skunklover

Dreams You've Had

i had a dream about my dad (who's dead, i think i should add) last night. occasionally i'll have dreams that he's in, but not super often. and when i do, it always feels like a dream, if that makes sense, because a lot of the time my other dreams are more blurred and feel more real, but these ones i feel kinda ethereal. and we hardly interact in them, or at least it doesnt feel like were interacting. i hope this makes sense. like, a little bit ago i dreamt that a new movie came out of something that i really like, and i was watching it and he was there with me (which i was really, really happy about. whenever i try to show things i enjoy to my mother she's always so dismissive and it kinda hurts because i get really attached to the things that are important to me lol), and he was talking about the contents of the movie but i felt like i was... disassociating, kinda. and it was a similar feeling in my most recent dream.

part of it there were cats running around in my house, all the lights were out and it was pretty quiet in there (which is extremely unusual but something that i enjoy), and he was there too, but it felt like he wasnt. i knew he was there, but it felt like i was alone in the house, even though my brother and i were talking to him, saying we had to get ready to go to church. i'm not religious, and before my dad died i remember asking him if i had to go to church because it would give me horrible sensory overloads, like really bad, i used to run my nails down my arms because id get so overwhelmed and that habit was something that was hard to drop because i still do it on occasion. not often, because im much better at removing myself from situations where i get overwhelmed like that if i can, but if its impossible for me to get out i might get overwhelmed, but thats off topic. the point is, it was strange that i wanted to go with him, i was eager. 

when we got there, i dont know where my brother went. also, i should say that i also have a sister who i... i'm not close with, to say the least. i dont trust her at all so honestly i'm glad she didn't even appear in this dream. but it was a very small church, and i dont know why but we couldnt get in. but my father and i looked in through this cobweb-covered window, and please lets suspend disbelief for a moment here, he started playing the piano and trying to sing this song. i knew the song very well. he was never a good singer, nor did he know how to play the piano at all and that... showed in the dream, lol. i felt a little embarrassed, but that was nothing because i felt kinda... melancholy instead. like at that point in the dream i realized that i was dreaming, though not to the point where i could take control, but just enough to know that he's gone, and that i couldnt be mad or make him stop, because it was so jarring to hear his voice, i havent heard it in years. it was so nice to just be next to him, and to hear him do something so silly, because when he did things he put his whole heart into it, regardless of whether it was good or not or who was listening. i guess i got that from him, haha. 

but still, i woke up crying. it wasnt even a sad dream, but i guess all the feelings of just that final "scene" there kinda carried over... its been a long time since i woke up crying from a dream. i have nightmares a lot (recently its been okay, but thats because my waking world has been more of a nightmare, not to be dramatic. i think my brains just too exhausted from living it to create new scenes of disaster by the time night rolls around, which i guess im grateful for, but the cost isnt worth it.) but i've gotten used to the feelings of it, so i just wake up more shaken than in tears. so waking up so emotionally affected after so long was really... different. sorry for the long post.

Last night I had a dream about breeding a nocturne and horse together in RL and got a live birth neglected it looked different than the cave neglected it looked more like a horse but it's legs were kinda wrinkled, later the horse who was the mother started screaming in agony and died, a pool of blood collecting under her as a she gave birth to a skeleton that came out smoking, her blood had turned to acid which is why she died.

Posted (edited)

what the hell, i had another dream that i was talking to my dad. the details in this one were much sillier but i still felt that frantic bittersweet feeling that i wanted to say something to him and was so happy that he was there, but i knew that he wasnt. but then it devolved into a different dream that was more on-par with some of the nightmares that i have, just witnessing crazy stuff happen. i wrote it down on a scrap of paper about the size of my hand that i used to make a sewing pattern for something because it was the closest thing i had (and i didnt want to write it in the notes of my phone because my house is very loud and i knew id forget if the music i had on stopped playing) and i wrote in such small text for about half an hour the details of the dream.

Edited by InvaderAlexis

I had a dream where two kids started the apocalypse, and were trying to undo everything that led up to the end of the world. The world was falling apart, the ground was cracking and the sky was shattering. Literally the very fragment of reality seemed to be ripping apart. At one point, you couldn't tell which was the sky and which was the ground. There were floating pieces of debris and dirt, that were slowly splintering and falling into nothingness. These two kids were jumping from object to object, hands held tightly together-pulling each other up whenever one slipped. And there was these group of men, trying to stop these kids for some reason, chasing them in this floating car that kept ramming into floating debris. Eventually they rammed into this large beam, sending it hurling towards these two kids, smacking one of them right in the back. She loses her balance, hands flailing for something to grab onto, but there was nothing to steady her. The ground she and the other kid had been standing on was just a small patch of concrete. The other kid, a boy, reaches out to grab her, but merely brushes the sole of her shoe as she falls into the sky. He shouts, she screams, and then my alarm goes off.

This was a dream that I had and wrote down on my dream diary when I woke up on 2020-07-24.

I was a scientist in a laboratory. I needed to do something for an experiment. One of my colleagues suggested to reach out to one of my business contacts for help. Then, I remembered how a particular business contact had exactly what I needed. So, I called my business contact. Immediately, my business contact dispatched an item and I received it. It was a spherical device that was just as big as my hand. I was aware that it was extremely dangerous. However, I dismissed the danger and cared only about the experiment. Without hesitation, I activated the device. The laboratory shook and lights went off. Some of the large screens in the laboratory began to broadcast the news. Apparently, ----- was the exact opposite of my location and it suffered from an explosive annihilation. When I went outside the laboratory, I saw that the world around me was falling apart and everyone was heading to stable grounds.

I had a dream that I was walking down the street close to my place and every person I passed dropped dead. I panicked cause cars were crashing and people were dropping on the sidewalks. I checked their pulses and there wasn't one. That's pretty much all I remember. 

Had a nightmare last night. We were running from the girl from the Grudge movies, you know the scary with the black hair, me and my boyfriend and some random other people. Somehow the others died while running. Me and my bf managed to lock ourselves in our home, but the girl's black hair appears from between the pillows of our sofa. We grab it and try to cut it in million pieces with a knife, it doesn't help, and the hair or whatever turns into some kind of alien, with tentacles and it builds itself back whole over and over again. I woke up shaking and my heart beating. 

It's funny because I just bought a dream catcher for our bedroom yesterday :---D