skunklover

Dreams You've Had

On 8/13/2009 at 7:09 PM, Meeow-Chan said:

Oh, I just know I'm going to be visiting this topic frequently. Let's see, where should I start?

- Back when I was still in middle school, I had this dream: I was in school and we were all called down to the cafeteria for a science fair ( blink.gif ? My school never had a science fair) and so we're all sitting in the cafeteria on the floor as the tables and chairs have apparantly dissapeared. And there's no science fair, aside from two guys experimenting with water in a blue plastic cup. Oh, and there were some characters from an anime I used to watch there too. But anyway, then one of the boys is wearing swim trunks and goggles, so he turns into a pokemon (...um...okay) and dives into the cup. The other guy starts heating it up and the cup starts changing colors. Then the water begins boiling and the guy starts freaking out yelling "we have to get him out of there or he'll be burned alive!"

Then comes this red-headed girl with a hawk on her shoulder, claiming she can talk to animals. She throws a crab into the cup (still a normal sized drinking cup, mind you) and it comes back out holding a cooked chicken. Apparantly the chicken was the boy. ...Yeah... Then this blond cheerleader girl comes out of nowhere with a gun all angry for some reason saying something about "It's like when you buy plane tickets to one place but end up somewhere else, you know?" And so I have no idea what she's talking about so I'm just like "No." Then she looks at me and starts chasing me with the gun (no one else does anything to help) and I run out of the cafeteria into the gym. I then go into the boys' locker room, apparantly thinking "Well, everyone else in the school is in the cafeteria and I doubt they'll care since I'm being chased by a crazy chick with a gun!" Thus I run into the boys locker room which is (thankfully) empty. I hide in there and she comes in after me. A few minutes later I hear her freaking out and crying so I sneak out and run into the girls' locker room instead where I find some students from my class also hiding (even some boys) and apparantly half of the changing stalls have been replaced by chin up bars. A couple minutes later, the bell signaling the end of school rings and we all walk out into the cafeteria to leave. I grab my backpack and meet up with my friend when some lady claiming to be the guidance counselor comes up to me with this triangular thing wrapped up in a dollar bill. She says it's the key to the Necronomicon (the book of the dead, I think I had just recently watched Army of Darkness when I had this dream) and that I told her to hold onto it for me. As it turns out my binder has turned into the Necronomicon. Or just some other evil looking book. Then the woman tells me if I open it the world will end. So I open the book blink.gif And I think the world ended in a black hole vortex thingy... Yeah...

Probably the most interesting dream I've ever heard.

Interesting topic.

I've been having a lot of similar dreams in the last few months. They usually involve me being approached by different people, just to chat, sometimes to hang out. They are mostly girls, though sometimes my past friends show up as well. It's very heartwarming and wholesome. 

Then I wake up to realise I haven't had a meaningful conversation with another human being for more than a year. Sad. 

I had a dream that I was finally able to grab an alpine floret which I've been trying to get for a month :(

Edit: MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE!!! Thank you @mishhelle !!!

Edited by Impulsive_Egg

I also have lots of crazy dreams, but my favorites seem to feature me spontaneously sprouting wings and flying, the ones with adorable animals, or the ones where I have an actual boyfriend lol. Especially more than one of these things in the same dream 😹

Before I retired I used to have counting dreams.

I worked at a grocery store for 28 1/2 years. Once or twice a week I would dream that I needed to move a stack of something, usually heavy, and count them as I restacked it. Sometimes it was bags of rock salt, something it was jugs of windshield wash, sometimes it was something odd like lumber.

I was always exhausted from the counting in the morning and quite sore as well.

Last night I had a speed dream. I had to race around doing different events and get done as quick as possible. It seemed like a caffeine brain dream, but I only drink coffee in the mornings.

A few nights ago I dreamt that I rented the 3rd bedroom to some random cute guy, but I forgot to tell him the condo rules and he brought 4 broken down cars and spare motors to put in them and put them at the closest parking spots.

I was getting out from middle school building. Weather is in storm. And I saw people walking without umbrella. I found a creek in front of school building is very transparent even if it has a lot of flow. And saw some of students crossing that creek and say PE class had been changed into science class.  I felt those progress was took ages but I had to get back to school and take class.

That was another "I couldn't go home" dream :/

Such an interesting topic. I often have very vivid and weird dreams. I don't remember last night's but I do remember one I had a few nights ago.

It was an apocalyptic setting. There were zombies every where. Frozen, ice cold, and covered in icicles. They wore dark armor. The weather was very cold and stormy with snow pelting everywhere. Which is unusual in my area. We rarely get any moisture let alone snow. Me, and perhaps a large village of survivors were hold up inside our local mall. We were the last of our city. (Our city is actually fairly large, so the survivors in retrospect were not actually a lot in comparison.

The army of the dead is approaching for a final push. I was commanding the militia to defend what was left of us. There were many who tried to run away from the mall before the dead came, I do not know what happened to them. All I know is anyone who wanted to leave were allowed to take their chances. Many of the survivors were young children and so they couldn't fight.

In my head, this looked familiar to me. Just as I thought that Sylvanas Windrunner comes through the front door and offers her aid. She is being held at gun point being identified as one of the dead. And I was like, oh I see. Arthas Menethil is leading this charge. Dang, had I the men we would have been able to crush him. I accept Sylvanas's aid and her dark rangers. Shortly after, the dead attack the mall. It is utter chaos. My dream was very detailed in this part, that I won't go into here, but let me tell you. My brain left nothing to the imagination when it came to this battle.

During the battle, we were focused on the center of the mall where one of our non combatants offered to get us inspired and throughout the battle we had battle music for us to listen to. Until the zombies killed him. We were losing pretty badly. Due to being outnumbered. I was like, we need more help. I gotta find Xena. And just as that thought crosses my mind, I see Xena fighting a large group of the undead. I approached her, and woke up before I could even ask for her aid XD

When I look at the dream now, it's quite funny but that first few moments of waking up after were terrifying. I felt cold and tired as if I was actually there.

I have incredibly vivid dreams, to the point it feels like I'm actually there instead of here. The last 3 nights in a row I had vivid dreams, with 2 of them featuring people who were famous. Though I've been studying various Spiritual subjects for about 6 years, so I believe our spirits go elsewhere while dreaming. It's how we can obtain information, heal, or receive downloads - for those who know what I'm talking about. I've met quite a few celebrities in dreams, some multiple times. I've met Elon Musk twice, both times being vivid, and the 2nd one he knew me by name which was creepy since I've never met him in person. I've also been to places that I'm pretty sure are not real on Earth, yet exist somewhere else. Some things are unexplainable that's for sure, but dreams are one of my favorite escapes from reality.

The other night I had a dream I joined a forum (from which I had gotten banned from previously for nefarious reasons) but it was really more like a real-life jungle and i was trying really hard to avoid the tigers (the forum moderators) because I was super paranoid they would find me out and ban me again. I was climbing trees n crap, also going through office buildings inside the jungle. 

I have a lot of interesting dreams……

I lose them if I don’t think about them right away after waking up….. lately I’ve been underground in deep caves a lot…..sometime small and cramped so I have to crawl, sometimes large tunnels,  sometimes huge chambers with precarious bridges over a yawning abyss….. 

recently in one of the caves Gary Numan was wearing a red and white striped outfit and I realized that he was the ‘spiderman’ from the cure song ‘Lullaby’

i saw him, kept walking, then went back to double check if Gary Numan was actually Robert Smith’s ‘Spider-Man’ and he definately was….. 🤔 😴 

Edited by CandraCat

I was following a procession of birds of all different sizes. I tried to take a picture of them but my phone's camera refused to work. When I finally managed to get it working the birds had turned round a corner and disappeared. Whilst looking for them I ran into Sir David Attenborough and asked him if he'd seen them. He said no but told me he'd keep an eye out for them and let me know

I was driving home to my old house in Texas and missed the first two turns, so I had to take the third to get into the neighborhood. Of course, this was dreamscape hometown, so everything was warped. I hit a three way intersection I was unfamiliar with, with the straight ahead option just going into someone's driveway that looped around back to the street. Except the driveway was a raised porch that was not at all stable, and the house looked abandoned and was falling apart. Well, for some reason I was terrible at driving that day and went straight, thinking I could use the porch driveway to turn around. It collapsed under me and my car got stuck at an angle between the house and a support beam under the porch. I was panicking and somehow ended up in the back seat and was trying to crawl back to the front. I kept hoping it was a dream but my brain was telling me it wasn't. Thank goodness it was. I woke up as soon as I tried calling my dad.

I dreamed I was walking with my friends on a busy street, bustling with people selling stuff and enjoying the music from bars. Suddenly, it got quiet and I was all alone. You know that feeling when someone's looking at you but you don't know who? It was like that feeling and a sensation that something bad was going to happen. And then I saw a man from afar, walking towards me. I started to run but I was not going anywhere. When I looked back, I saw the man just a couple of feet away from me. And then I felt him behind me. The sound of his breathing down my nape was nerve-wrecking and I woke up all sweaty. I sooo don't want to dream something like that ever again.

Once I dreamed about several tornadoes going through my town, and then it randomly snowed right after. When I woke up, we were under a tornado warning, and then later the weather called for snow. 

I have SO many weird dreams, I actually post about the ones I can remember on my tumblr.

Here's one I remember:

My brother went off to work, so I decided to hang out in our van (we used to have one but had to sell it) and go on my laptop for the night. It was sunset, and suddenly there was this guy with his family stepping into the van. I didn't know them, but they were claiming my van as their 'home' and told me to get out. I actually argued with the guy (my bro told me I was yelling in my sleep so that was funny), but the wife was bringing in groceries and the kids were jumping on the seats. I told them that I'd call the police, but they weren't budging at all. At some point, the guy angrily leaves the car so I tell the wife to take the kids and go. Thankfully, they got out and ran which just left me and the angry-as-hell guy at the car. And when he came back, he was LIVID. Like, was actually going to beat the **** out of me kind of anger. At this point, a group of men came by and got the guy to leave. Then I had a cookout with them, we had seafood boil and potato salad.

I once had a dream, I had lunch with my fam, then we teleported in my dad car we would get YEARS later (prediction?!?!) And we were going through the minecraft badlands biome, then I vomited cuz car sickness. Then we all fell off the cliff of the mountain we were driving to n died.

As someone whose special interest is dreams, I have a feeling I will be posting here a lot! I've been writing down my dreams for more than ten years now, so let's find an interesting one...actually, here's one of my favorites from 2019:

---

For most of the dream, I was running from a detective. I'm not sure what I did to attract a detective's attention, but it was a problem. It was also a school dream, so even though I graduated years before this irl I was still in school in the dream. I was close with all of my classmates, but eventually had to ditch everyone so I could more successfully run and hide from this relentless detective. Halfway through the dream, the detective turned into my dad. This changed nothing, as my dad is commonly a bad guy in my dreams (he's not the greatest person irl either).

Near the end of the dream I realized the entire island as I knew it was actually an island in the sky. No one left the island, as everyone was told that there was nothing beneath the thick layer of clouds that surrounded it. I decided that there would be no better place to hide from the detective/my dad than under the clouds, so I made it my mission to find out how to get past them. My dad found out my plans, but instead of trying to stop me, he said "Fine, if that's what it takes for you to see the Truth."

The capitalized Truth was noticed but ignored. I refused to believe that there was anything bigger going on.

I ended up stealing a bus, deciding to drive it over the edge of the "world" (the island) and hope for the best. At the edge of the world as I knew it, I found the rest of my class, who wanted to come with me. Without further thought that "Hey, you know maybe a vehicle without seat belts won't be enough protection against hitting the hypothetical ground that's hopefully below the clouds", we all piled in and drove over the edge.

The clouds, as it turned out, were like a buoyant, pillowy water. The bus landed in the clouds and went no further. Everything became cold as we bobbed in the floaty mist. "Is this the Truth?" One of my classmates asked. "There's nothing else?"

I went to reply, but noticed light and warmth coming from beneath the clouds on the low end of the bus's bobbing. When I focused on the light, it dimmed, and I saw my room from irl. Then the buss bobbed back up and I saw the world of the dream. Back down, and I saw my irl room again.

The Truth? The Truth was that it was all a dream.

One time I dreamed there was a secret door in my house that led to a big back yard, and there was a giant expanding mudpot in the middle of it. It got bigger and bigger and I fell into it and then woke up. 

I hope there aren't any rules against posting here more than once in a short time, because I had a really fun dream last night!

It started with me reading a really good fanfic about a game that doesn't exist irl (though it did in the dream). The fic was amazing, so I left a comment complimenting it and saying that I couldn't wait to read more when it updated. Then I noticed the date of the last update, and saw it hadn't updated in six years. Surprisingly, the author responded, but instead of saying he'd write more, he sent me a steam key for the game. Problem: It was a two-player game. Solution: The author was my player 2! He called me on discord and we had a fun time chatting and playing even though I sucked at the game. 

The closest things I can think of to it irl are the Master Trials from Breath of the Wild. It was tower-based, so there were multiple towers to choose from of various difficulties, and all were 10 floors each. They all had their own unique stories to go with them too.

In our first run we made it to floor 3 of 10 in one of the easier towers (when I say I sucked at the game I really mean it haha). We were about to reconnect to try again when I woke up.

I just remembered four dreams I had as a kid (so quite memorable).

One is basically me living in a flat on a 100+ storey skycraper. And then an earthquake starts, and the skyscraper starts bending like it is made of a jelly... flat is being thrown dozen meters from side to side, and I have to hold onto a column in order to avoid being thrown out of the window.

Second is getting chased by a cyclops from Hercules. Except even larger than it was in the cartoon. I am trying to escape in a car but cyclops is too fast... I don't remember how it ends, but conclusion is kinda obvious.

Third one is being stuck in a bus on a serpentine road. The road is frozen and the bus is sliding backwards... and there is no ground to the sides of the road. Just a gaping bottomless chasm.

Fourth one is some kind dinosaur apocalypse. Most of the humans have been wiped out by dinosaurs. And these aren't your normal dinosaurs - they are intelligent, they can talk like humans and even choose emissaries. Surviving humans basically live in old fortifications - humans in my dream are stuck in the Pula Amphitheatre. Unable to get to the humans, dinosaurs send a diplomat... I don't remember what happens next.

ive had about 3 dreams now where some guy in a teddy bear costume was chasing me in GTA san andreas. i dont know why.  that genuinely messed with my mind for that entire day

I've had a few dreams about snakes. It was either I was being bitten or I was trying not to be bitten by an anaconda and ended up ridding on its back.