ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

Jazz heard what Mort said quietly and silently giggled to herself. That is indeed true if the "weary traveler" is about mine and Mufasa's age. She really wanted to see what the stranger looked like but couldn't until he came in. She sighed and kept her attention on the mantel just above the fireplace. She then started to wonder when Albert's brother would get there.

((I don't know but I sent her a pm earlier telling her that she needed to post in here; hopefully she'll be on tomorrow))

Army Camp Prison, Unknown City, Earthworld

At first, Kay was content to observe her surroundings from her vantage point. The globe of solid earth was large enough for her to stand, sit, curl up into a ball, and turn around, but although the hole for her head was large enough to poke her head through, it was too small to admit her shoulders, let alone her hips.

The walls of the tent were made of a thick, rich red canvas, and supported by wooden poles which looked too dense and solid to be actual wood. 'But stone would be impractical - too heavy, too brittle - and nothing else is that dense, right?' she thought naively. As it happened, there were trees just outside the camp that produced the kind of wood she was deciphering now.

Besides the writing desk in the corner, the churned ground was bare, so she settled for observing the desk, hoping to read a few papers and discover why the Earth kingdom was so 'paranoid' about strangers. There were a few documents and a pen left hastily on the desk, but the writing alone was difficult to discern upside down, and even before she remembered the Earth people spoke a different language than her own familiar Lycan, she noticed the alphabet used was an unfamiliar one.

((Meh. I'll post more later.))

((I don't know but I sent her a pm earlier telling her that she needed to post in here; hopefully she'll be on tomorrow))

((Cool, I can wait for tomorrow!))

Stepping in carefully, Anri said, "I... Where I travel, names rarely matter. I go by many, but the simpilest one is Anri. I thank you sir, for welcoming me." Then he chuckled slightly; he had hardly anything to laugh at as of late. "I suppose you're right, sir, you are much older than me. But weary I am, nothing will change that. Last time I stopped was maybe a month ago? If that early; might have been longer since."

Jazz shivered a little at the stranger's chuckle. How she longed to see him! She wasn't sure though if she could see him from where she sat so she craned her neck a little and what she saw took her breath away. Standing in front of Mortimer was a handsome boy that looked to be a year older than her with midnight black hair and breathtaking amber eyes. She then turned her attention back to the mantel, blushing slightly.

Anri stepped in and closed the door behind him, whispering mentally to Shadow, "Stay hidden, my friend, you never know what may happen."

Shadow's reply was a whisper on the breeze, "No fear's Anri, I seen other worlder's in that house.

Anri looked around with his eyes and reconized the two people he had seen through the window. He nodded his head to the girl looking at the mantle and said to her, "I am Anri, who are you?" He knew she would hear the other question in his words, Which world are you from? He wasn't sure if she and the other person had got around to telling their host they were from somewhere else.

Jazz looked over at the stranger and smiled as he introduced himself. "I'm Jasmine but you can call me Jazz," she replied and then to his unanswered question she said, "I'm from the air world. You?" She hoped that he didn't mind her asking him what world he was from.

Mortimer smiled as he saw Anri stop and think to himself, he guessed he was talking to his companion. He looked outside, seeing nothing, but guessing it was there. "Well Anri, would you like to invite you companion here too? I'm sure he'd like something to eat and a place to rest." He grinned before nodding to Albert who got up and moved quickly to the kitchen. "Please," Mortimer said, "Sit down." He beckoned towards a space in the couch next to Jazz, winking at her. Albert emerged with a large tray in his hands. "I'm afraid we'll have to leave here in a few hours, but I'm sure that's enough time for you to eat and sleep if you want." He placed the tray in Anri's hands, pointing to eat plate of the full tray. "We have some cooked chicken, vegetables, rice, salad and pasta. Please eat up." He smiled before going back to the kitchen and coming back with some more tray full of food. He gave one to Jazz, Mortimer and placed his back on his armchair and went outside. He then came back in after a few minutes, a hay bale at the door. "For your companion," he said cheerfully. "Albert." Mortimer broke in heavily, his voice worried. "What about Barr-" "It's okay." Albert finished. "I've got a plate for him in the kitchen. He won't turn into a werewolf with rage." He then sat down in the armchair and began to eat.

Jazz didn't miss the wink that Mortimer gave to her and her blush that she had before deepened a little bit. She nodded her thanks to him for the tray of food and started to eat what was on it. She thought that the food was good and said after swallowing, "This is really good food. Thanks."

Anri smiled at the two men and said, "I would invite him, but he would take up more space than me. The hay will be a welcomed sight for him though." Come on, Shadow, there's hay by the door for you.

Neat. Was the simple reply. The next moment Anri heard his friend's steady hoofbeats and smiled. He took the tray and sat next to Jazz. He started to eat, and inbetween mouthfulls he answered her question.

"I'm was born here, Jazz, in the modern world, but my parents..... well, they weren't from here. They never told me how, but somehow they fled their worlds when they found out my mother was carrying me. Don't ask me how they got here, I couldn't tell you, but they did and I was born here. My mother was from the Earth World and my father the Night World." His AK-47 was hidden beneath his cloak, he was old fashoined that way, and was digging slightly into his back. It was easy to hide a gun sometimes, the dagger however glittered at his belt wickedly.

"It's from the Night World," his father had said. Anri finished eating and sat the tray to one side.

He looked at the men and said simply, "Sleep wont be necessary, just rest. I have a feeling that, if you'll let me," he looked at Jazz, "I think I'll travel along, for a while anyway." He was mostly asking Jazz if he could travel with them, but it didn't really matter. He could always travel alone; had for quiet sometime now.

Jazz nodded in reply to what he said about being born in this world and then listened to what else he said as she continued to eat her food. When she was done eating she put the tray down on the table in front of the couch and said to Mortimer with a smile, "Thanks for the food. It made my hunger go away." To what Anri said she blushed a bit more and said, "Sure you can come. It would be great if we had another person traveling with us."

"Good." He said with a crooked smile at her. Looks like we have traviling partners, for now anyway. He said to Shadow, looking out the window as he looked in.

Anything is better than traveling alone, Anri. Shadow replied, he was getting tired of traveling alone, as was Anri.

He sighed and sat back. He said, "I heard something about werewolf rage, what's that all about?"

Mortimer smiled. "'Tis alright, but Albert did prepare it." He said cheerfully, putting his finished meal onto the table into the center of the room. "Well," Mortimer said after Anri ha asked to come along. "We'll have quite a band with us. Me, Albert, Barry, You ((Jazz)), Anri, Mufasa, Daen and Myf. Although I'm not sure that you would want Barry, Albert or I to come along. I think we should probably stay in our own world." He smiled again before a large knock was heard at the door. "He's here." Albert said worriedly, standing up quickly and making his way to the door.

Jazz smiled back at him and then turned to Mortimer and said, "Ah okay." She then said to Albert, "That was really good food. Thanks." Then when Mortimer said the part about them probably not wanting him, Albert or Barry to come along she frowned and said, "I think you three should come. No use in staying here and not having fun." She then sighed and rested her head back against the back cushion of the couch, thinking about how Erin was doing. Erin, as if she sensed Jazz's thought asked in her mind, Are you okay Jasmine? Jazz scowled a little and replied, Yes I'm fine and I hate it when you use my full name. I was just wondering how you were doing is all. Ah okay, Erin replied with a small smile but didn't say anything to the other part.

Ruu nodded in agreement with Beatrice,

"They've already hurt our world. With statues..." She shivered, "We didn't know until it was too late." She said the last part quietly, unsure if it was the wrong thing to say around Beatrice and other High Class people. She hadn't mentioned the King, but decided not to; she didn't want to creep out the Council.

((Blargh that was such a failure on my part))

"Metalweavers." Feleen snorted. "I should have known you'd play the alamists card next."

Quella wished she could just hit him on the head.

"We'll take precautions." she said. "Thank you for the warning." she thought a moment. "If there is a keyholder maybe he or she has already moved on to the next world. Does your cloudkey work to let you through our door as well?"

Beatrice considered that. "It should." She said finally. "If not the metal worlders would be stoped at our world, because the metal key would only open that one door. And Ruu has left Cloudworld now so they can't get hers."

((I'm posting Zoe in red to just keep my chars different colors; not that it matters but w/e))

Anja and Zoe got to the cliff and were now looking down on the village. She wondered what they should do later. She thought about riding on Anja's back if or when they went flying later to have a little fun. She figured that she had too much time on her hands that she needed to do something.

"If I may ask, Jazz," Anri said, looking at her, "How is the war going anyway? I heard rumors of Metalweavers, but...." he paused, looking at her. Metalweavers had been in the stories his mother and father had told him growing up. Back then, they were just stories, now they were real and dangerous to all who came across them. At the sound of the door, Anri looked up. Shadow? Report. He said, looking at the stallion.

Tis only a man, Anri, but he smells of werewolf, if my senses are right

Be ready for anything, boy. Anri said, tense still.

Jazz looked over at Anri and said in reply, "It has only just begun. That is why me and my companions are here; to warn this world and the others that the Mealweavers are coming. They're coming to this world first and then the others after this one." She sighed and then looked to where Anri was looking and saw a beautiful stallion. "Is that your companion?" she asked him curiously.