ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

((Thanks klinneah -one more question, have people wings there?))

/snip

((It's unusual to have any sort of physical deformity, and wings would definitely fall under 'unusual' even by that standard. However, most people are pretty nice about it; all you'd get is some weird looks, and a shopkeeper might offer you clothes to hide them laugh.gif Physical oddities are considered detracting from beauty. But no, nobody on that world has seen wings before, so it's likely they'll just stare.))

((Thanks klinneah -one more question, have people wings there?))

Beatrice wasn't cheered up by Ruu's assurances that she was used to falling. She was still worried about the girl.

"Well - I've already wondered if it wouldn't be wiser to have a good rest before starting. We've been up nearly all day now and starting a journey like this tired might not be a good idea. On the other hand it's urgent, but this decides it. I want someone to look on your knee to make sure it won't cause any problems on the journey and then we'll have one last good sleep. The servants of the palace will have our traveling baggage ready as soon as we wake up."

Ruu nodded to most of what Beatrice said, but then started to enthusiastically shake her head when the woman mentioned having her knee looked at. Ruu never liked going to doctors or being checked over - Someone always made some sort of comment about the lack of wings and how they were hindering her.

"Really, I'm fine. I can jump quite high. Look," The girl stretched her leg and kicked the air a few times to demonstrate. There was no pain.

"But I agree we should wait... What world is it we go to first?"

"Cloud world is between Metal world and Night world. We'll sure not go to Metal world so Night world it is." Beatrice said firmly. "And I don't care if you think you are okay, you'll have the doctors have a look. In fact I'll let myself get checked through too. We can't afford falling ill in the middle of this mission because we've been careless at the beginning of it."

Beatrice brought Ruu back to the palace and started to walk in the direction of the Healers.

((****! I forgot all about this roleplay. Sorry! What's going on in the story?))

((Tis okay Kei, right now a bunch of people, Icepelt, Lore, me and dome made up characters are trying to tell the modern people that the world is coming, and they have the power to stop it. Yeah then Sparkey told you what she's doing.

And Sparkey: I've just realised that the statues has been suhc a rip off of Doctor Who.))

((Since I made them up and the only contact I ever had with doctor Who is that my brother told me it's a crazy television series, thats not quite correct. I assure you I came up with that all on my own.))

Edited by Laura-Lana

(( I don't watch Doctor who..

Laura! They've been stealing your ideas from your head again! *picks up a plank of wood* Right, you silly BBC.. *Runs after the producers with said plank* ))

Ruu nodded obediently, worried slightly of the consequences that might occur if she argued any further. She ran slightly to keep up with Beatrice.

"You said something about luggage... We're not going to be dragging suitcases around, are we?" She nearly laughed at the thought. Nearly.

(( AND BLARGH. Fail. Someone go hit me or something.))

Edited by Sparkeycat

((*Hugs* Just shows that it is hard to come up with an idea that no one in this world ever had before.))

"A backpack each and we'll load some bundles on Snowpearl too. She can carry more then just you." Beatrice replied. "We don't know that much about the other worlds. We've got to prepare as best as we can. But too much luggage would be slow us down."

They arrived at the healer's room and Beatrice knocked at the door. She explained about Ruu and they bowed to Beatrice and then lead her away for her own check.

(( Omfg I just saw the super school thingy - Everyone's typing in colour!! I may join for this reason and this reason only. Are healers just meant to be like doctors or like.. Mystical beings in cloaks?))

A young man gestured for Ruu to come forward as Beatrice walked away. Ruu frowned, playing with her hands nervously. The man blinked a few times in surprise when he redgistered that the girl had no wings.

"Uhm, I just jumped from a tree and now Beatrice wants to make sure I'm ok," The man nodded, still staring. Ruu sighed. Here we go again.

((Uhm, no we don't all post in color. I do, because I've got six charries at the moment to keep track of and Fortune does, because she's got three. But others, like Wonderbubbles for example has only one and doesn't use color.

About the healers, I had meant doctors, but if you prefer mystical beings in cloaks go on biggrin.gif))

The healer walked around Ruu frowning. "That is no problem." He said absently, staring at her back. "Remove the clothes over the leg and let me take a look.

The healers Beatrice had gone with started to check her vitals. Beatrice closed her eyes and let them do their job.

(( dry.gif Quiet, you. The page I saw was full of colour... xd.png Um, let's just go for doctors))

Ruu nearly ran away with that (innuendo-ish) comment, but then she realised she was wearing shorts. She pulled them up a bit higher and showed the healer her knee.

"You see. There's nothing--" She was interrupted by the man tapping at it with one of those strange hammers. The man nodded,

"Your legs seem to be fine."

"So I can go, yeah?" Ruu was eager to leave as soon as possible, but the man shook his head.

"We need to do a few more tests, and.." He stood up and placed a hand on Ruu's back, trailing off. "... There really is nothing there! How interesting. Uhm," he coughed, "I'll need to perform a medical check on your back." Ruu sighed - It was the most patheric excuse ever, but she could see he was itching to see what might have caused such a phenomenon. She nodded.

"Make it quick, okay?"

((Since I made them up and the only contact I ever had with doctor Who is that my brother told me it's a crazy television series, thats not quite correct. I assure you I came up with that all on my own.))

((I wasn't meaning to have a go at you, I was just say it is ironic, as they have a episode where these angel statues go around and move every time some one blinks, and once they touch you you die. It was rather ironic though. Sorry everyone I haven't RP'ed, I'm in the RP'ing Comp this time round and I don't have much time or ideas for this until Lore comes back))

((that's okay Chocolate happy.gif; I was thinking of making another character anyway))

((I wasn't meaning to have a go at you, I was just say it is ironic, as they have a episode where these angel statues go around and move every time some one blinks, and once they touch you you die. It was rather ironic though. Sorry everyone I haven't RP'ed, I'm in the RP'ing Comp this time round and I don't have much time or ideas for this until Lore comes back))

(( Ooh I saw that episode last night! It was really creepy! D: ))

Beatrice check up was over soon. She went back to entrance area to wait for Ruu. Time passed but the winged girl didn't come back.

Concerned that she had something serious that needed medical attention she went in search of the girl.

The sight that greeted her there gave her pause. The doctor wasn't examining her leg, but her back in great detail.

"Something wrong with her spine?" Beatrice wanted to know surprised.

"No, but... she has no wings."

"Yes she has." Beatrice tipped against the intricate wings tatoo that was on Ruu's back.

"That's not..."

"Those ARE wings." Beatrice said, her hands at her hips and glaring at the man like he was an insect. "Very special wings that are appropriate for the keeper of the cloud key. She'll have to visit other worlds where people with wings aren't exsiting at all. These wings she can hide under her clothes, ones like those we have she couldn't hide."

"Uhm... I suppose." The doctor said flustered.

"That's beside the point anyway. You were supposed to look if she is healthy not marvel about the wings like a three year old."

The doctor had a sour expression at being treated like that. "Yes she is healthy." He admitted.

"Great." Beatrice said shortly. She took the girl's hand. "Come Ruu, we are finished here."

Ruu felt a bit unnerved about people arguing over her back. She listened to Beatrice's explanation for her wings, wondering if she really wouldn't be able to hide her wings, if she had them. She also wondered how a lack of wings could be appropriate - But nonetheless, Beatrice seemed angry, and so Ruu decided not to question her. She nodded and stood up, buttoning her waistcoat back up before following Beatrice out of the room.

((No inspiration so...))

Beatrice brought Ruu to a room with a very large, soft bed and wished her good night. The next day they rose early. They had a large breakfirst, which they consumed quickly.

Then Beatrice and Ruu went toward the Dragoncave where Snowpearl waited, already prepared.

The servants gave Beatrice and Ruu a backpack each and wished them good luck. Their journey could start.

(( That's fine, I know how you feel xd.png ))

Ruu wasn't sure if she would get much sleep that night, but the moment her head touched the pillow, she was out like a light.

At the dragon cave, Ruu looked around nervously - She wasn't sure if she wanted Hitori to come on this journey or not. The bird was nowhere to be seen, anyway.

Petting Snowpearl on the head, she clambered onto the dragon.

Edited by Sparkeycat

Beatrice brought out a map and showed it to Ruu who sat safely on Snowpearl. "What do you think?" she said. They compared it with the coordinates Ruu had found. "Looks like the door is in the territory of the the Quebrado – the shattered People." Beatrice said. "That is going to be a long journey."

"The shattered people.. Fun fun fun," Ruu sighed, remembering that that sort of place was quite far away.

"What are we waiting for, let's get going!" The girl said brightly before changing her tone and meekly asking,"Snowpearl, can we go? Please?" Ruu thought it would be nicer to make sure the dragon was okay with it first.

Snowpearl roared and flapped her wings, starting off at full speed into the sky.

Beatrice rolled her eyes and flew after them. "Don't encourage her." She advised the girl. Snowpearl arched her neck and gave Beatrice something that looked suspiciously like a grin, then she took of at full speed.

Beatrice sighed and tried to keep up, but a few minutes later she was exhausted. "Mind if I keep you company on Snowpearls back?" She asked Ruu

Snowpearl made a sound that sounded almost like laughter.

Ruu blinked. She hadn't known that people could get tired of flying. Holding on tightly to Snowpearl, she nodded and moved up somewhat so that Beatrice could join her. The wind whistled, messing up Ruu's hair.

"So how long do you think we have left?"

((LETS. DO. THE. TIME. WARP. AGAIN!))

((Please note: My laptop has fallen to some bug or virus. It happened when I loged out earlier today. The long and short of it is that I can't get it started anymore. To make matters worse I can't find my windows xp cd. I've no idea if I'll be able to fix it anytime soon if at all and that means I don't know how much posting I'll be able to do. Sorry.))

(( That's ok - I might be able to help you though. Do you have AVG (antivirus software)? If so, right click on it and get it to scan your PC. My Dad's job is fixing computers so I'll try and help in any way I can ^__^ ))

((Thanks Sparkey. The problem was I couldn't get into windows anymore at all. I had a different anti virus program, but it wouldn't have mattered because I couldn't reach it. I couldn't reach anything. I had to format everything and start over. *sighs*))

"I don't know. It does depend on Snowpearl. If she keeps this sprint up for any length of time, it will be much faster. Dragons simply have more energy." Beatrice shook her head. She could fly as fast as Snowpearl, but not for more then a few minutes.

"If she does not slow I think we might even be able to reach the gate today."

((Awww, *hugs*. Now. TIME WARP.))

Ruu nodded, then leaned forwards and petted Snowpearl behind the ear as a reward for transporting them across the sky. The view up here was spectacular, and she took a moment to wonder what the other worlds would look like at this time of day.

((OH DEAR LORD. TWO SENTENCES?? EDITING SO I CAN UNDO THIS TERRIBLE TERRIBLE CRIME /capslock))

She looked back at Beatrice and beamed for a moment;

"We're lucky. Nightworld probably isn't nice and light like Cloudworld!" She then frowned and tied her hair back before continuing, "I doubt anywhere has views like we do."

Edited by Sparkeycat