ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

(( I think we left her behind xd.png But if it benefits the story then I can always make her follow us... ))

Ruu nodded and shifted so that she could sit more comfortably on Snowpearl's back. Her head was starting to hurt with all this curiosity as to how this world worked; what it looked like when lit up and what languages they spoke. Did they live in tribes or advanced cities?

---

Hitori perched by the dragon cave. The white one wasn't there today. The no-wing girl wasn't anywhere to be seen. The sparrow wondered where the tall-white-wing woman was. Her tiny stomach rumbled.

((time to post as Zoe happy.gif))

Zoe walked around the fire world, trying to look for something to do. She thought that she could ride on Anja's back as she flew and then they could look at the whole fire world from a cliff nearby. Yes I think I'll do that. She then said to the amulet, "Okay Anja you can come out." Anja did so gratefully and stretched out her wings. She then allowed Zoe to get onto her back and they took off, heading for the nearby cliff.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Suddenly in front of them two glowing green dots appeared. As they drew nearer, Beatrice realized they were dragon eyes. She frowned. She had never seen a green eyed dragon before.

"Who are you?" Someone snarled from the back of the green eyed dragon.

Beatrice opened her mouth to answer, then closed it again. This was Ruu's quest. She was the chosen keyholder and it was her privilege to answer.

((It's a black dragon and this is a guard who patrols the park to make sure it isn't abused by criminals. He can see us since nightworlders have great nightvision.))

Ruu yelped at the angry sounding voice and then felt stupid for showing such fear. She looked up at Beatrice, wondering why she didn't answer. There was a silence, then Ruu decided that she wasn't going to. Watching the white sandals on her feet, the girl let herself slide off the side of Snowpearl so she could stand. It was a slightly scary move, since she couldn't see the ground. But there was grass, and she was okay.

Playing with her hands, she looked up at the green eyes and tried to speak maturely, though most of her speech disintegrated into that of a child's towards the end.

"I am Ruu Tact, and I come in.." -She wondered if it would sound weird if she said this- "Peace, from Cloudworld. This is Beatrice of Loys and Snowpearl. They come from Cloudworld too."

She stood there, the dew from the grass soaking her feet - though she didn't mind. Ruu rummaged through her waistcoat pocket and produced the Cloud Key. Holding it up, the cloudy mist emanating it seemed to almost glow in the darkness. She hoped the owner of the green eyes knew what it was.

((THREEEE PARAGRAPHS!~♫))

Edited by Sparkeycat

((And good paragraphs too biggrin.gif))

The guards voice was more respectful when he answered. "My apologys keyholder. I should have known that you aren't from this world the moment I saw your strange dragon and your... unusual... friend." He made a pause eying Beatrice fascinated. Though she couldn't see it, she felt his gaze on her.

"Do you really have wings?" He blurted out.

"I am blessed with wings, yes." Beatrice answered calmly, not being shaken that she appeared like some sort of freak to the Nightworlder. "Snowpearl and me help Keyholder Ruu with her task."

She paused a moment then she added. "We are supposed to bring our highking's greeting to the nightworlds ruler. Could you bring us to him or her?"

"I.. ah.. yes of course." The guard turned his dragon and brought them out of the park into the light.

Beatrice smiled at Ruu. It wasn't strictly true since they had no Highking at the moment, but Beatrice knew whoever was going to be elected wouldn't deny her words. The Cloudworlders were open and trusting. If there had been a Highking he would have wanted them to greet the other ruler.

Not to mention the little white lie would get them to someone who might know about the Nightworlds Keyholder.

((Does the Ruler of Nightworld know ?))

Edited by Laura-Lana

(( I don't know! D: ))

Ruu followed the Nightworlder out of the park on foot - She was surprised and slightly disappointed to find out that the green eyes actually belonged to a dragon, and the guard was separate. She continued to walk behind the guard as he led them towards the main buildings. He pointed them out, and they seemed far away.

The girl ducked her head as people came out of their houses to look at Beatrice and Snowpearl in admiration and confusion. It felt strange to see so many other people who had no wings - it almost made her feel normal.

Beatrice held her head high. Though she took care to show the nightworlders a friendly face, she looked proud and regal. When all the looks threatend to grate on her nerves, she spread her wings wide, displaying them as a source of pride rather then hiding them.

It was her way of silently answering all those stares. 'Yes I have wings and look how beautiful they are!'

The action calmed her enough that she could focus on Ruu once more, who was still on her feet.

"You should ride Snowpearl, Ruu." She said. "You are the keyholder, not to mention Snowpearls rider." That said Beatrice took to the air and hovered over the dragon who was too big to spread her wings in the narrow street.

The guard let out an explective. "She can fly! I thought those wings were just a weird decoration!"

Ruu laughed at the Guards shock, and the townspeople of this area's excitement. They all gasped and pointed and admired Beatrice's wings. Ruu took a step closer to Snowpearl, though she didn't want to sit on her. Ruu frowned when a little kid pointed to her, expecting her to be special also. She didn't have the wings, and although she felt normal, she still slightly wished that she did have a pair like Beatrice's.

Here, she felt common. She felt the key in her pocket, but didn't dare to remove it unless she lost it. She would simply have to carry on, happy in the knowledge that she was unusual and different. Finally, she gave in and mounted Snowpearl, scratching her behind the ear.

Snowpearl gave that almost-purring sound and leaned into the scratch. She had felt a little unhappy in the strang surroundings once Beatrice had left her back and was very happy to have Ruu there now. Of course the scratching was an added bonus.

The guard lead them to a big glowing dome where the chosen rulers of their republic lived. "Please wait a moment. I'll inform the minister for foreign matters of your arrival."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Ruu nodded, then looked up at Beatrice,

"They seem friendly enough," the girl hoped that they would remain friendly.

She shivered - the night in Cloudworld was cool enough, but Nightworld was constantly plunged into darkness. Her natural instincts in this darkness were to hurry and sleep. In Cloudworld, sleep was hard to get. She hugged Snowpearl around her neck to stay warm and not feel sleepy.

(( *shrugs*))

((Hm.. I'll give this a day. Maybe someone will show up by then and tell us if the Nightworlder know about their own keyholder or not))

((No, the Council doesn't know about the keys. Shame really. Most people do, but for some reason it's a generally accepted fact that the Council of Eight neither knows about the keys nor is willing to lend support to those who claim to hold keys.))

Kaya gasped as the beefy hand pressed against her shoulder painfully -- 'like a ton of rocks.' He scowled, and shouted something at her in a language she didn't understand. Seven other soldiers came running -- for that's what they were -- and all seemed to know something she didn't. She frowned and tried to scoot away, but one of the men pointed his spear at her, and she sat still.

The others were conversing -- or arguing -- in hushed, frantic tones. Several times one of them gestured at her, and the big beefy man always shook his head and tugged at his walrus mustache. A young, scrawny lad whose leather armour was too large for him and who looked not much older than Kaya herself said something, reinforcing his words with a gesture toward her, and received a ringing slap from the big man. He fell to the ground, clutching his head, his face screwed up in pain, but he made no sound of protest.

Kaya tried to make herself as small as possible within the circle of threatening spears, words, and glances, but all too soon they dragged her to her feet, tied her hands with an old knotted rope, and poked her in the back with spears as they led her to the circle of tents outside the walled city.

The largest and brightest tent was spacious to a fault, but completely bare except for a wooden desk in the corner. However, Kaya saw the earth was trampled, beaten, rumpled, and generally so uneven that any other furniture would have fallen. 'Why did they pitch the tent here, where the ground is so uneven there isn't any room for comfort?' Her silent question was quickly answered, though, when Moustache led her directly to the center of the circular tent, and the other six soldiers stood in a circle around her, closed their eyes...and the ground began to move.

If she hadn't been in the middle of it, Kaya might have had time to gaze in awe as a wall of dirt formed around her, then folded over, forming a small globe just large enough for her to stand in, with a small hole for her head. Satisfied, they then left the tent.

'They forgot to untie me....'

((Ohhh... I guess I can't talk you into playing the Council members, klinneah?))

"Our thanks." Beatrice said, but the guard didn't even hear her any more.

He had already vanished into the building. As he walked through the corridors he became more and more nervous. Finally he stood in front of the Council.

"You said you had something important to report?"

The guard nodded. "The keyholder of Cloudworld has arrived."

The Council members showed him blank faces.

Edited by Laura-Lana

((Sure! The Council members can be NPC's but I'll try and get them all in this post so you have an idea of their personalities.))

The Council of Eight, Ageo, Nightworld

Tosi leaned forward, his round gut pressing painfully on the wrought iron conference table.

"Keykeeper? I'm afraid I don't quite understand you." Karu looked interestedly over his wire-rimmed spectacles. The glow from the table lamps never flickered.

The guard glanced nervously from face to face. All surveyed him with unwavering impatience. He swallowed.

"Keykeeper. That's what I said, Councillors. There is being a myth, you see, of other worlds unlike our own --"

"Silence!" roared Feleen, face skewed in rage. "We didn't ask you to tell us what the myths say! We wanted to know what you meant by keykeeper, or didn't you wash your ears before you reported for duty this morning, hm?!" As he spoke, he calmed a little. Qorl looked at Feleen with disgust, wrinkling his long nose.

Quella spoke up. "We all know these myths have no bearing in reality, so why would someone come here, claiming to be the Keeper of a mythical Key?" As the only female Councilor, she sometimes felt exasperated with the quick tempers and small mind of men.

The guard watched the ensuing debate with interest.

"Maybe he's crazy." Jafal interjected, leaning back in his chair.

"Maybe he's a woman!" Quella.

"Where is this Keykeeper? Isn't he interested in speaking to us?" That was Qiyn.

"Enough! Guard, I want you to bring this Keykeeper to us this instant! No delays!" shouted Feleen, turning ruddy again.

The guard bowed and strode out of the room, relieved to be out of their presence.

((I was playing on the guard's nervousness in Laura-Lana's post and made the Councilors slightly uncomfortable to be around, especially when they're together. I left one out on purpose, so as to leave more to the other roleplayers. You like?))

((That post was just perfect klinneah, thank you))

When the guard came to fetch them, Beatrice regretted for a moment that Snowpearl couldn't come with them.

The entire building radiated strangeness and it began to intimdate her.

Beatrice raised her chin, deliberately and felt confidence returning to her with the proud stance. No matter where she was, she was still Beatrice of Loys and nothing and no one would get her to cower.

Once they had reached the doors, Beatrice wanted to stride in, but the guard held her back. "Only the keyholder" he said and motioned for Ruu to enter the room and face the Councillors.

(( It's a good-un!))

Ruu blinked, looking up nervously at Beatrice. She wasn't sure about going in alone, but they had no choice.

"See you in a minute, then.." She said, waving to Beatrice as she followed the guard. The journey to the Counsellor's room was quiet and slightly ominous, and she ducked her head as she entered the room. She smiled shyly to those in the room and performed a little curtsey to them to show her respect.

"H,Hello. I am Ruu of Cloudworld." She tried to speak boldly, and hoped that she hadn't already done anything to offend the Council she now stood before.

((I think I like Feleen teh best!

Carp, I have writer's block.))

((I am not certain how klinneah views NPC's. For me they denote charries that can be taken over by anyone, but I am aware that not everyone is viewing things that way, so I'd rather wait for her answer. Sorry to make you wait. *hugs*))

((They are NPC's, meaning anyone can play them, but I played them first to give everyone a feel for their personalities. I purposely left one out to leave something to you guys. So yes, you can play them.))

((Great. Thanks!))

"Oh yes?" Karu smiled and adjusted his his wire-rimmed spectacles. "That's quite a claim. Do you have proof?" He sort of hoped there was something to the guards story. This all sounded exciting.

Feleen looked almost purple now. "Why do you waste our time?" He shouted in the direction of the guard. "Are you too stupid to see that's just a girl intent on a prank!"

Jafal nodded. "In this instance I must agree. Even if that mystical Cloudworld and those keyholders exsisted, they wouldn't choose a little girl for it."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Ruu blinked, worried about why the Council didn't believe her. The one with the glasses seemed friendly enough, and so she focused on persuading him that she was telling the truth, rather than the others.

"Proof, proof... Ah," She rummaged through her pockets and brought out the Cloud Key, holding it out flat in her hand so that they could see it, but remaining wary enough that she could keep a hold of it in case they wanted to take it from her.

She looked at the one who mentioned that she was "A little girl". She frowned and then looked at her feet. Maybe they were right; maybe she wasn't supposed to be doing this. But she was involved now.

"I don't know why I was chosen. But I was. Cloudworld exists, it really does. I'm proof, am I not?"