ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

Zoe decided to ride on Anja's back as Anja flew around so that's what they were doing now. She had gotten bored just sitting on the hill and needed to do something else. As Anja flew, Zoe looked around at the village and saw a few people walking around. A few of them looked up at her as she flew and waved and she waved back at them with a smile. They had gotten used to seeing her on Anja's back when they flew around that they were no longer surprised.

Edited by SkySong278

Anri looked at the sleeping Jazz on his shoulder and for once was happy that Albert hadn't answered the question. He wrapped his arm slowly around her back and waist and held her gently, letting her sleep. His own thought were too wild and fuzzy for him to fall asleep right then, but he would soon enough, if not tonight then a week from now. He rested his head on her's and let his thoughts wander as he slowly faded out of the waking world to one of peace and darkness. The black void many called it.

Jazz shifted a little so that her legs were now on the couch but were far enough away from Myf to not touch her. She usually didn't like to sleep on the couch without a blanket but she figured that she would be fine with Anri being there to give her warmth. She had felt his arms wrap around her and his head laying on top of her head and was happy to have met him. Her thoughts then went to tomorrow and what would happen but then she immediately squashed them, not wanting to think that far ahead yet. I'll just have to wait to see what happens.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Anri looked happily at Jazz; more happy than he had been in years. Thoughts of the days to come came to his mind, demanding his attention, but he didn't pay any heed. He pulled Jazz closer and closed his eyes, breathing in the scent of her hair as he rested. I'll worry about tomorrow when tomorrow gets here.

((hm I'm thinking bad dream; bad in the sense that she's shaken up after it and going outside to get some fresh air))

Jazz felt Anri pull her closer to him as she slept and smiled. Her smile immediately faded though when she had a dream...

~~~dream~~~

She saw her parents in the warehouse that she had gone to in order to find out where they were mentally and they looked the same. That is until the Metalweaver that had adultnapped them came back and interrogated them into trying to get answers from them. They refused to give him the answers to his questions and were beaten to death as the result.

~~~end dream~~~

...she woke up, shaking and her face very pale. She tried to get off the couch but then remembered that Anri was holding her close to him. She smiled a little, although it wasn't much and gently pulled his arms away from her waist and put his head back against the couch's back cushion. Before she got up, she kissed him on the forehead and then went to the door, opened it, and then went out into the night to get some fresh air. While they were coming to Albert's house, she had noticed a hill through the trees and decided to go there and sit. She sat down when she got there and pulled her legs up to her stomach as she let the wind blow through her hair.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Anri dreamed of the night his parents were killed, but he had dreamed it so many times it was easy to sleep even after it. He slept peacefully, barely noticing in his tired state that Jazz had left him.

Shadow watched the girl he had seen through the window walk to the hill not far off and followed. Being one with the night he didn't have to sleep to get rest. Just the dark of night on his fur was enough to reguvinate him. He followed her and lay beside her, tucking his legs, all four, beneath himself. Normally, he didn't talk to someone he didn't know, but Anri liked her and that was enough for him. "I'm Night Shadow, Anri's companion as you know." He smiled, if horses can smile, at the girl.

Jazz looked over at Shadow and smiled saying, "Hi Shadow and yes I know. I'm Jasmine but I prefer to be called Jazz instead." She patted his flank a little bit before putting her hand back around her legs where the other one was. She looked off into the distance and hoped that her parents were okay. They should be since I saw them earlier and I don't think that I'm a seer and can have prophetic dreams.

"Prophecies are nothing that can't be changed, little one." Shadow said, reading her face, nudging her gently, comfortingly. "There's nothing in a prophecy that can't be changed, no matter what. Change one element, get rid of it, or something and the whole prophecy will change. Just look at Anri for proof." He looked toward the house and the sleeping Anri inside, "He was supost to die when he was seven, but the werewolf saved him, thus changing the element of death in the prophecy." He looked at Jazz again and nickered quietly, "It'll be fine, young Jazz."

"They were fine when I saw them last," Jazz said in reply, "I just don't get why I'm getting a dream of their death when I've never had a dream like that before." She looked towards the house and saw Anri still sleeping on the couch where she had left him before looking towards they sky again. She looked over at Shadow and said, "I hope so because they're the only family I have besides you, Anri, Albert, Mortimer, and the others in the house." She looked back at the sleeping Anri and wondered aloud, "I wonder when he'll notice when I'm not there anymore but oh well. He needs his sleep." She looked back at Shadow and said, "When he wakes I'll introduce you both to my companion."

Edited by Dragonpelt

"I hate being the one to tell you, but..." Shadow began, looking at the sleeping Anri. "He hasn't slept in over a month. When he does sleep, he sleeps right through everything around him. He'll wake at dawn, but otherwise the phrase, 'Dead to the world,' is extremly true for him. He might have felt you leave, your connection with him is strong enough, but because he fell asleep, he wont wake till dawn plays on the horizon. It's actually a good thing for him, I've been trying to get him to sleep for weeks and you come along and he's out like a light sleeping with you in his arms." Shadow sighed and looked at Jazz. Anri never told anyone about he little weakness when he was asleep, but in this case it might be a good thing to tell. Edited by Songbreeze2012

Jazz looked back over at Anri as Shadow told her this and she said, "Ah okay. I think Erin can wait that long." She then took the barriers down in her mind and asked, Isn't that right Erin? Yeah yeah whatever, Erin replied in a somewhat grouchy mood. Jazz nodded like she was satisfied with her answer and then looked out at the horizon. After awhile though, she laid on her back and looked up at the stars, trying to find the constellations that she was familiar with. She heard Shadow tell her about his weakness but she hadn't said anything because she was in deep thought.

Shadow sighed and looked at his companion. "His weakness almost got him killed once, ever since he...... he rarely even sleeps. Anri is like a brother to me, I can't lose him." He looked at the east horizon and say dawn playing with it. "Finally."

Anri's mind was wild and unclear, scary even. Had he been younger, he might have cowered from himself, but older now, he had nothing to fear. He felt a sudden burst of energy and his eyes snapped open as the sun rose. Shaking his head, he looked around. Shadow, you seen Jazz?

She's out here on the hill with me.

On my way. Anri rose unsteadily and walked toward the door. He hated sleeping, even though he regained his strength, his dreams and nightmares during sleep wore him out more than the waking world did. He made the hill and sat next to Jazz, catching his breath. He smiled at her and said, "I'm guessing you couldn't sleep, huh?"

Jazz nodded at what he said and then thought to herself, Me neither. She then smiled back at Anri as he sat beside her and said, "Oh I got some sleep but I didn't like the dream I had so I came out here to get some fresh air. Didn't want to go back to sleep after I was fully awake." She sat back up and said, "Now that you're up both of you will be able to meet Erin now." She then pursed her lips and whistled. After the echos of the whistle died down, she could hear wingbeats of an approaching griffin. A few minutes later, Erin landed next to her and she patted her flank as she said to Shadow and Anri, "This is my companion Erin. Erin, this is Anri and his companion Shadow." Erin nodded to both of them and said, "It's nice to meet both of you."

Shadow smiled at the griffin and said, "Nice to meet you as well." He nodded his head, smiling again.

Anri, still tired, yawned and said, "Great, ahhhhh, to meet you." He hated sleep, absolutely hated it with all his furry.

((Sorry Laura, yes they are! Unless someone closes one form now one!))

((*Prods Laura with a stick* Also, Chocolate, what was hard to explain to me? blink.gif You said something about something being complicated and I'm not sure what you meant. ))

Erin nodded at them both and then turned her attention back to Jazz. Jazz looked at Anri and saw that he was still tired from earlier. "If you want to go back to bed," she told him softly, "I think you can since I think we're not going to be leaving for a couple of hours." She hoped that he was okay. She looked back at the horizon and watched the sunrise.

"No, I'm not tired, just..... I can't explain it. This is just normal for me as sleep for you is normal and as the sun rise is normal. It's hard to explain, Jazz, don't worry, when the sun is fully over the horizone, I'll be fine." He said, looking east and urging the sun to rise faster.

"Okay," Jazz said and watched the sun rise over the horizon. When it was fully over the horizon she sighed and wished that she could "fly." She knew that Anri probably wouldn't mind if she flew around but before she actually did it, she would have to make sure that no one was up in the world to see her. She stood up and walked to the edge of the hill and looked around and not seeing anyone else up, she manipulated the air a bit so that she was floating and then "flew" around. She was so happy to do that since she hadn't been able to do it since they left the air world.

Anri stood and smiled as Jazz 'flew' around the place. Air people were so free, it was hard not to feel longing to be like them. The most he could do was call dark night to him and the earth. But only some, not much, he relied more on his physical strength than his gifts from his parents. He looked at the earth and called softly to it. It shook gently and rose slightly, barely above his knees, but it was something, better than before. He called night to him and the shadows around him deepened and became almost solid. He was getting better at controling the gifts from his parents.

((Sorry to burst your little convo DP and Song, but normal creatures, like Shadow, can't talk. Only other worlders creatures can, like Air, earth, fire down the line.... all that. But Modern worlds can't.

Sparkey... nevermind...

IMMA BACK!.... AGAIN!))

((darn oh well *shrugs* mellow.gif we'll just pretend that the convo between Jazz and Shadow never took place then; welcome back...again happy.gif))

Jazz stopped "flying" when she saw Anri manipulate the darkness and the earth. She instead floated in Indian style before him and said, "I'm guessing from your gifts that your dad or mom was from the Night World and same goes for the Earth World." She manipulated the air in front of her to make an air ball that she tossed from one hand to the other. Erin saw that and said to her mind, Show-off. Jazz glared at her and said, I'm not showing off.

((happy.gif Thanks.. and it's alright, as long as it doesn't happen again. But I'll allow Shadow to understand all human speak, but can't speak back. And he can talk to other creatures... for a form of communication! biggrin.gif))

Myf woke lying on the couch. She dazedly looked around in the beautiful light of the night which was glinting through the window. Daen sat stock still on the chair, his eyes peering out of the window at the hillside. Albert and Mortimer were talking in the corner, a small lamp between them and their plans for the morning. Myf stood up, looking out the window herself and seeing Jazz, Anri, Shadow and Erin. She nudged Daen to get up too and thumped her foot on the floor to alert Albert and Mortimer to come outside also. Daen stood up and the two old men follow Myf, the crowd then walking out in the freezing air.

Eventually they caught up with the small group, Atlanta now following behind Daen closely. Myf smiled at the small group, Anri and Jazz showing off their abilities. "Good Evening Erin." Myf said politely, seeing her friend's companion once again. Atlanta bowed to the other horse in the crowd, the one they called 'Shadow'. "Evening. My name is Atlanta." She nickered, her blueing mane flowing in the cool breeze.

Suddenly, a large shake moved the ground, followed by a roar. Myf swiftly ran over to a stream nearby, dipping her finger in the icy water. Daen followed her, also leaning over and running his finger in the cold water. Myf looked up towards the gathering, her eyes wide and bewildered. "The water's saying something, though I can't pick it up. There people coming though, but I can't guess who." There was a short silence before Daen broke in, his face covered by a veil of thought a fear. "It's the authorities." He said, ripping his finger out of the water, freezing it absently as if never to feel the thought of the water again. He finished off in five quick words, pulling Myf to her feet and running backwards. "And they're coming this way."

((Ah, I love a good cliffhanger!))

((okay happy.gif))

Jazz went back to an original standing position when she heard Myf and the others arrive. Erin nodded her head in acknowledgment to what Myf said and then looked curiously at Atlanta. Jazz made her little airball disappear when she heard what Myf said about people coming. Daen said that they were the authorities and she wondered if it was because of the animals. "We'll have to hide the animals somewhere nearby before they get here," she said thoughtfully as she went into a thinking pose. She was thinking that maybe she should be the one to tell the authorities that she was the one who did it in order to give the others time to get the animals to a safe place after they were hidden. Erin sensed what she was thinking and told her, Don't do it Jazz. I have to, she replied, it's the only way. You have time to fly away now and hide. Erin was about to argue but knew that Jazz was right so she did what she was told to do and flew off to a cliff that was far away from the others so that the police wouldn't find her.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Awww.... does that mean Anri can't understand Shadow either? Darn.... oh well, I make it work biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif ))

"Evening, Atlanta; I'm Night Shadow, but just call me Shadow." Shadow said, looking at the other horse carefully. When Daen said something about athorities heading this way, it was all Shadow needed to know. He trotted to Anri's side, thinking I'm not going anywhere, I can pass as a modern creature because I am one.

Anri listened close and could swear he felt the Earth tell him the same. He disbanded the shadows around him to the deeper ones in the forest. He looked at Jazz and said, "Where you go, I go." As he said it, he felt one shadow return; the authorities were not far behind it.