ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

((No don't edit. I was dissatisfied with my post not yours.

And if you want to have him influenced by metal weavers is up to you. Lol.))

"I am very sorry." Beatrice said to Ruu's father. "But if she does not go, we'll all die including her."

She smiled at Tarak. "Thank you. I promise I'll do everything in my power to protect and support her."

"Fare well, both of you. I'll inform my brother that you are both to be treated as guests of the Cloudpalace and can stay however long you wish to remain."

Beatrice turned around to open the door and leave with Ruu.

After the two girls had left, Tarak turned to his father:

"Well that was nice of Be-- What's wrong? Dad?" The elder man was holding his head, groaning.

"I'm... Fine.. Just got a headache. Let's just go home now." He grunted, and Tarak nodded, watching his father worriedly; Something was wrong here...

--------------------------------------

Once they'd gotten far enough away from the room, Ruu let out an unbelievably big sigh of relief. She looked up at Beatrice, then asked:

"Now what? Where to?"

"We are looking for your missing notes, then we'll look at the ones you HAVE and decide what to do next."

Beatrice frowned. "Oh, I guess we should see Sebastian first. I don't want your relatives thrown out accidently and he doesn't even know yet that I'll be away."

Her frown became deeper. "He'll not be happy."

Beatrice had been her brothers right hand as long as she could think. Leaving him alone in this crisis was not the way she wanted him to think of her, but what could she do. Send Ruu on her own?

If anything the little visit to her family had convinced Beatrice that she was needed on this quest even if the young girl was the chosen one and not her.

Ruu nodded, trying not to think about what Sebastian might say; She didn't think he liked her very much. "Lets go then... Um... You lead the way." Ruu laughed nervously, not having any idea of the way this building worked.

((Sorry my post fails - I'm quite tired and I'll probably add to it later))

Beatrice nodded. "I'll have to ask one of the servants myself though. I don't know where he is at the moment." Her winges waved gently as she walked through the corridors with Ruu.

Once they ran across a servant, he lead them to an antechamber where they waited for Sebastian. He turned up a minute later with dark circles under his eyes and a somber face.

Beatrice embraced him and staying close to him started explaining that she needed to leave with Ruu.

Sebastian waved it away. "I know already Beatrice." He said darkly. "What do you think why I was so opposed to the idea that she could be our key-holder?"

Ruu stood near the door as Beatrice talked to her brother. The girl wasn't sure what to say and therefore stayed quiet.

----------------------------------------------------

Tarak landed a few feet away from the front door and then turned and watched as his father followed, flapping backwards in the last few seconds so to slow himself down. The younger man then faced the door and opened it.

"We're back,"

(( Tired and cold because of Bonfire night D: My hands are too numb to type!))

((Sorry for not posting sooner. I didn't have as much time as I would have liked. ))

"I can't allow myself the luxury to hold you back, however much I like" Sebastian said and sounded very tired. "The prophecy is the only thing that offers hope right now so it needs to be fullfilled as fast as possible. Tell me what you need from me"

Beatrice explained about Ruu and her family. Sebastian reluctantly agreed to make sure they could stay in the Cloudpalace as guests whenever they liked until Ruu came back from her journey.

The siblings embraced and said good bye to each other. Sebastian refused to hug Ruu though despite his sisters glare. He gave the both of them a grumpy good luck though.

(( Don't worry - Because you hadn't posted I decided to revise so now I shall pass my tests because of you smile.gif ))

Ruu watched as the siblings embraced, but was secretly glad that Sebastian didn't try to hug her. It would have been awkward.

"Good luck with your.." She struggled to remember what Sebastian's business was now, "....Life..?"

She ducked her head embarrassedly with this pathetic answer and waved quickly before making a swift exit, stage right.

((AND OMFG THERE ARE SPARROWS NESTING ABOVE MY FRONT DOOR! <3 <3 ))

((*Pets the sparrows* And good luck with your tests))

Beatrice breathed a sigh of relief once they had left. Now this had been uncomfortable.

"Okay now to your notes so we'll know where to start the search. Were did you leave them? Can you sum up for me what you found out?"

((Thanks happy.gif))

"I was looking at them by Snowpearl's dragon-placey and then the wind took some of them." Ruu played with her hands nervously,

"I think it said some stuff about the door. Like it said something about it being a white cloud all the time, even at night. There were some co-ordinates for where it usually drifts to, according to the position of the suns and things like that.

But I think I have some of those notes. Just the ones about the altitude and size of the door are missing, I think. And a picture."

((Hmm... Lore hasn't come back yet. I'll give him till the end of the week until I send him another PM))

((hm k...he must be really busy in rl right now if he hasn't gotten back on))

Edited by Dragonpelt

"Hm... the altitude would be really helpful, as would the size of the door and the picture." Beatrice mused. "I think we have no choice. We'll have to go back to Snowpearl and search for your missing notes and if we can't find them, we'll have to dublicate the notes. It might need some work but in the end we'll be faster that way then if we waste days searching at the wrong altitude."

((Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I are lazy and tired and stuff))

Ruu nodded, "Okay.." She turned and started to walk towards the dragon cave, hoping she knew which way she was supposed to go.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hitori struggled with a piece of paper which had somehow gotten stuck to one of her tiny talons on her foot. She stood one one leg, shaking it whilst perched on a fence near Snowpearl.

Snowpearl was a very happy dragon when she saw Ruu entering next to Beatrice. The dragon hadn't liked it at all when her friend Ruu had looked so downcast.

Happily she ran toward the both of them and wrapped her tail around them tightly.

Beatrice rolled her eyes. "Snowpearl, we were just away a few minutes. No reason to act like we've returned from a lifelong journey.

Ruu's been loosing a sheet of paper. Have you seen it somewhere?"

Snowpearl snorted and glanced at the corner of her eyes at Hitory.

"Ohh!" Ruu's eyes focused on the bird, then ran towards her, assisting the sparrow with the paper, "This is the paper with the altitude and door size.." She nodded a thank-you to Snowpearl, flinching as the sparrow flew towards Beatrice and the dragon now she was liberated of that paper.

"And then.." She pointed to a tree, seeing a piece of paper in it, though unsure of whether it was really the picture she was looking for.

She put up a finger to signify that she would be right back, and ran towards the tree, rubbing her hands together before climbing it. Not having wings had allowed her to gain skill in this sort of area, and she expertly scaled the tree. The branch with the paper stuck in it was quite far away from the main body of the tree, and Ruu whimpered quietly at the thought of climbing out to get it. Cautiously, she scooted along the branch before finally snatching the paper and cheering at her achievement. And now, to get back down again.

It suddenly occurred to the girl how high this tree was.

"Eep.."

Slowly, she clambered back down again, jumping the last 10 ft and jarring her knees slightly. But still, she had the paper now, and they could finally get going.

((This high, in fact.))

((Aww. That must have hurt. Do you want to do something with your father or shall we move on to the next world?))

"Should I congratulate your bird now or berate her?" Beatrice asked laughingly when Ruu rescued the piece of paper from her. She ducked out of the way when Hitory flew straight at her.

Beatrice held her breath when she saw Ruu climbing on that tree. Her wings itched because she wanted to help, but the girl seemed to know what she was doing and Beatrice didn't want to embarras her. When the girl jumped from ten feet high ((over three meters ohmy.gif )) her breath hitched.

Beatrice ran towards Ruu to see if she was injured.

"Are you well?" She asked concerned.

(( X3 lets just go to the next world..))

Ruu blinked a lot, then stood up slowly and stretched her knees, wincing.

"A-Ah-Ow... I think I'm okay." She tested her knees again - They weren't physically injured, they just hurt a bit. She hadn't expected that height to hurt her. She'd jumped from eight foot before and came out okay. She passed the papers to Beatrice,

"That's the great thing about not having wings. It means I get used to falling." She meant it both literally and metaphorically.

Kay sat, still hugging the ancient knarled tree whose bark bit into her back. The clang of the soldiers' armour was still ringing across the windswept plain, as was the hustle and bustle of the city in the distance. She was contemplating whether to stay or run, when a hand dropped like a claw onto her shoulder, gripping tightly.

(( Okay before we take this further could someone please give us a summary of night world?))

((I suppose I could make something up...my character happens to be in the Earth World just now...

The night world is an Earth-like world cast into eternal night, known for its exquisite architecture and music. The inhabitants use artificial heat and light. The buildings are much like Otoh Gunga, except they rest on the ground and have many levels. Almost like a cloud of glass bubbles surrounding a central stem. The single major city is known for their music halls, which are always packed full whenever there is a show. The current government is a Republic with the only elected officials being an eight-member Senate, one member for each district of the world. The districts are Red, Orange, Gold, Green, Blue, Violet, and White, distinguished by the color of the lights. The districts are arranged like this, only less horrid-looking.

The unlit pod/bubble/building (where the Door is) is in the westernmost portion of the Orange District, marked by a cracked red light. Nightworlders send others there by the phrase "I'd advise you not to go into the Orange District at sunset."

(yeah, totally ripped from Star Wars, but who can tell?) ))

Edited by klinneah

(( Uh, I've only really been able to keep up with the stuff in cloudworld: Right now the world is being creepily killed by statues which killed people by touch. Ruu and Beatrice are about to go travel to the next world.))

((Thanks klinneah -one more question, have people wings there?))

Beatrice wasn't cheered up by Ruu's assurances that she was used to falling. She was still worried about the girl.

"Well - I've already wondered if it wouldn't be wiser to have a good rest before starting. We've been up nearly all day now and starting a journey like this tired might not be a good idea. On the other hand it's urgent, but this decides it. I want someone to look on your knee to make sure it won't cause any problems on the journey and then we'll have one last good sleep. The servants of the palace will have our traveling baggage ready as soon as we wake up."