(( Don't worry, RP's like this one can get resurrected so long as people KEEP POSTING.))

((yeah well the problem with that is that neither me or chocolate can post again until Lore posts as Mufasa))

((If you get too impatient you could exchange Mufasa and Myf in your suggestion, you could then voice your agreement and go off leaving Mufasa with Daen so Lore can answer when he's back.))

Beatrice opened her mouth and then closed it again. She shook her head slightly, really curious now about what Ruu wasn't telling there, but she decided not to pry. "If that is what you wish." She said. "Do you want to stay in the palace until I return, on my estate or down in that castle you've already been?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snowpearl watched the little bird's twitching feathers fascinated and forgot to eat herself even though she was hungry.

"I'll stay here; It's less bother." Ruu smiled gratefully, though it was more of an apology for what trouble she might get into when Beatrice arrived at her house. The girl held up a book,

"Maybe I can find the location of the door in one of these books? Ah, one sec." Ruu ran over to a desk in the library and grabbed a feather quill and some paper before scrawling out her address and hurrying to give it back to Beatrice.

Ruu's handwriting was never really neat, but on this occasion, she put in a lot of effort to make it look legible at the very least. Her hand ached slightly and the paper had three scored out addresses from where Ruu had put in the wrong letter or made an N look like a R.

2780 Altarea Crescent, Saveoly

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally finished, Hitori looked up at Snowpearl and cheeped cheerily. She bobbed her head like a curtsey.

Edited by Sparkeycat

"That is a good idea." Beatrice beamed at her. Ruu was such a bright child, no wonder she had been chosen.

"Well." She said smiling and took up the paper. "Then I better be on my way to brave your fearsome parents."

She frowned as she read the adress. "Silly me. I had assumed you'd have to live in the birders district. You could have said a word yesterday. Then I'd have brought you closer to home."

With a wave she walked toward the exit, but then she stopped suddenly.

"Ruu? Could you make sure Snowpearl eats something and rests while she is here? I probably worry needlessly, but that silly excuse for a dragon has managed to ill-treat herself to exhaustion before, because she has let herself distracted by something."

"Sure, I'll go check on her in a minute. Have a safe journey." Ruu waved back and watched as Beatrice left. After she was gone, the girl pulled the quartz out of her pocket and held it up to the light as she pondered what to do.

Beatrice is going to go to my house. And then she'll find out that I never went home. What can I do? I've bought myself some time, I guess, to dig myself out of this one.

Finally finishing reading six books on mythology and prophesies, Ruu only knew that the door stayed in the same place and never moved. But seeing as the other clouds moved, that made no difference, unless you considered the land. In that case, it was kind of... West.

A few minutes passed, the girl laboriously scribing her findings onto a little notepad. The page was blotchy and her hand stained in black ink, but she simply wiped her hands on her shorts and left the library.

After asking some people for directions, the girl found herself near the dragon cave and called for Snowpearl, holding up the key to try and catch the dragon's attention.

Would it help any if I left here with Snowpearl and looked for the door?

Ruu screwed her face up and shook her head, telling herself that she'd agreed with Beatrice that she could come. And if she left with Snowpearl and she got hurt, Ruu probably wouldn't know what to do, not to mention that it would be stealing.

Hearing Ruu distracted Snowpearl from watching her bird companion and she hurried toward the exit. Once she had reached Ruu, she ingnored the key, to intend on curling her tail around the girl tightly, giving her the pretty unique hug the dragon had perfected.

Blue eyes gleaming like saphires Snowpearl gently rubbed her head against Ruu.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beatrice had needed a few directions but finally she landed softly in front of the door that matched the adress Ruu had given her.

Somehow she had expected that seeing her home would tell Beatrice why Ruu had be so reluctant to introduce her to her parents, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Beatrice knocked.

((Hmm.. Maybe we'll just go on!))

Mortimer looked at the silent Mufasa, and nodded to Jazz, smiling. "Okay, so I was thinking that we could go to my friends house, who they can influence another person, then it will go on and on..." He grinned, Daen standing directly behind him, eager to go. "Right, well, shall we Jasmine?" He asked, holding the door open for her.

------------

Myf grinned at Daen when they began to go, he grinned back, the one of a small child that's told it's going to the fair. Myf walked out first, waiting for Daen to close the door and follow. Mortimer said quickly. "Meet you guys back here by dusk?" Before quickly shuffling off down the road. Myf turned to Daen. "So, where are we heading?" "Up the road," he replied, swinging his head in the city direction. "Okay, what'll we do when we get there." Myf asked, looking around. "Well... just make it up." He replied, with a grin.

"Sure," Jazz replied and then walked out of the door with a smile as Mortimer opened it for her. She wondered why Mufasa was quiet all of a sudden. She then just shrugged it off as she stood outside, waiting for Mortimer. The rain had lessened while they had been in the shack and now it was just drizzling. She didn't mind it either way and just let it fall down on her hair and then down her cheeks.

((want to pm him choc? I sent him one but he didn't reply to it))

Ruu repressed a happy squeal when Snowpearl hugged her with her tail. The girl reached out and petted the dragon's head.

"What do you think I should do, Snow? Beatrice has gone to my house, and I ran away from there." She took out the quartz to show the dragon, glad she couldn't speak or tell her secret.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ridge paced around the house, annoyed that he was left behind.

"So that's just great, I'm left with.." He trailed off, not having the heart to insult his mother. The woman sat on a couch today, not moving unless she needed to eat or do housework. Ridge stood in the doorway to the living room, then cautiously entered. His mother was like some sort of bomb; She could explode any minute, sometimes laughing hysterically or cry or scream. She was fine before that argument with his sister. But now, it was like something had gone astray in her head. It was quite sad to see. Ridge spoke slowly and bent his knees slightly so his mother might hear him.

"Mum? Dad and Tar have gone to Dakhui to find Ruu.."

"Who?"

The 17-year old frowned in worry, but then went to answer the knock on the door.

--

An exhausted teenage boy with brown hair and dyed red and orange wings answered the door. Ridge blinked a few times at the woman standing there.

"Ah, um. Hello?"

Edited by Sparkeycat

"Good evening." Beatrice said politly and tried not to look to intimidating. She became very aware of the expensive clothes and the pear necklace she was wearing suddenly. No help for that now, besides she didn't intend to deceive Ruu's parent's even if they should have a problem with nobles to the point that Ruu was afraid to show up with her.

"You must be Ruu's brother." She guessed, looking at the teenager. "I'd like to speak with her parents. It is very important."

Snowpearl looked at Ruu curiously. The dragon couldn't speak but she rubbed her head against Ruu again. She was trying to promise her unconditional support whatever happened without words.

She didn't quite understand what Ruu was telling her, but she understood that Ruu was her friend.

Ridge tensed when he heard his sister's name, trying to imagine what this woman's business was. She seemed pretty important, and he suddenly thought: What if this woman was coming to punish them for losing the brat? Or maybe she knew where she was?

"Dad's not here just now, but my Mum..." He stopped halfway through his sentence.

And my Mum's got a few screws loose.

"Mum's in the living room. Uhm. But she's--" He looked over his shoulder worriedly as his mother called for him. He looked back at the woman at the front door, putting on a smile in order to be polite.

"Right this way,"

Ridge led the woman through the front hall, mentally cringing at the shoes and bags cluttering the stairway. He paused to adjust the framed certificate his parents owned which officially allowed them to teach flight and enter their students for competitions. Pushing open the living room door, he called out:

"Mum, someone's here to see you." The woman on the couch looked up from polishing a trophy, her eyes taking a moment to focus on the visitor.

"Why hello there!" She smiled a tired yet genuine smile, unknowing of the situation at hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(( *Sob* ;_; My parent's dancing school that they owned shut down today. I had to hand out notices and stuff.))

"Naww, thanks" Ruu said happily, then pulled her notes out of her pocket. She reviewed them for a moment, then squeaked as a gust of wind blew them out of her hand. "Eep!"

She ran after them, leaping for the ones that flew high first. The wingless girl was only able to catch a few before they blew out of sight. She walked to the ones on the ground, picking them up and trying to work out which ones she'd lost.

-------------

There was a loud cheep as Hitori suddenly got hit with a piece of paper. She flapped her wings, wrestling with it as the wind blew it in her face. Finally, she pinned it down, standing on it so that it wouldn't be of any more bother.

((*Hugs Sparkey tight and tries to comfort her*))

Beatrice blinked when she saw the certificate that allowed teaching flight and berated herself again for having jumped to conclusions. Just because Ruu had no wings it didn't mean the rest of her family wouldn't have.

The boy seemed to be a little concerned about his mother and when she saw her, Beatrice wondered if she was ill. There was something strange around her.

"Good evening." Beatrice said in a friendly tone and held out her hand to the woman. "You must be Ruu's mother. I am Beatrice of Loys. I've been taking care of Snowpearl until I found Ruu. I am am not sure what your daughter has already told you about me."

Beatrice wasn't sure if Ruu had told her familiy her name at all, but surely she must have mentioned Snowpearl. She could hardly have asked permission without mentioning the dragon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snowpearl watched the papers dancing in the wind and was content. What a pretty display.

(( *is comforted* laugh.gif ))

Nique, Ruu's mother, didn't change her expression when Beatrice told her about the girl she'd found.

"That's very nice... But I don't have a daughter." Ridge widened his eyes and looked at his mother, not sure of what to say. He glanced back and forth between the two women, then frowned.

"I'll go make some tea for you and Miss Beatrice, yeah?" The boy gave a cough and left the room.

Nique watched fondly then continued to talk.

"I have two sons though, Ridge and Tarak. Tarak's an adult though, mind you. He's very busy these days but he never says why. He's got lovely white wings though." She rambled on about her eldest son, looking at a picture frame on the table. There were three children, one of them without wings. Nique blinked, not recognising the little girl, "Snowpearl's a nice name.. It's very pretty. Who is she? "

--------------

In the kitchen, Ridge held his head in his hands as the kettle boiled. He had no idea of what to do now. He didn't want to put his family's name to shame by letting Beatrice Of Loys know the story. But then again, maybe she could help? He thought about what the woman had said.

"I've been taking care of Snowpearl until I found Ruu. I am am not sure what your daughter has already told you about me."

"But Ruu hasn't..." He replied, though to himself.

Suddenly, it made sense. This woman had found his sister. So why hadn't she taken the child back home?

The kettle behind him whistled, and he quickly poured the tea into the nicest mugs they had and brought them through.

Beatrice tried to be patient. "Snowpearl is a white dragon."

She sighed. "Mrs..." She paused realizing she didn't know that womans name. "I am sure your son is very talented and please accept my apology for the misunderstanding." she said in a gentle voice. "But I really need to talk with Ruu's parents." She picked up the picture on the table and pointed at the wingless girl.

"Can you tell me where I can find them? This is the adress she gave me and since she's in the picture I doubt I am at the wrong adress."

She turned her head when Nique entered. "Oh that is extremly nice, thank you." She said and took the cup. "I love tea and this one smells delicious."

Nique smiled, only latching onto some of what Beatrice said. She gladly took the mug from her son and then quickly said:

"Oh, I haven't introduced myself! I'm Nique Tact." The mother watched as Beatrice pointed to the wingless girl in the picture, "I wish I could help you, but I'm not sure who that little girl is--"

"It's Ruu." Ridge interrupted from the doorway, trying not to glare at his mother for not remembering,

"That's Ruu. Remember?" Nique looked up, her face confused and yet slightly angry. Despite knowing he'd angered his mother, Ridge continued, "You've got the right place, Miss Beatrice..." The boy looked at Nique, then sighed nervously, "I think you're tired, aren't you Mum? Maybe you should go rest a bit." The woman nodded and stood up, leaving the room silently without saying "Good evening" or even making eye-contact with those in the living-room.

Now she was gone, Ridge sat where his mother had been sitting. He groaned, then admitted quietly.

"Mum's not well. Like mentally. She's forgotten Ruu."

"Oh. How horrible for all of you! I am sorry." Beatrice felt her cheeks heat with embarrasment. "No wonder Ruu didn't want me to talk with her parents." she murmured.

It wasn't about her being noble at all. Ruu probably hadn't wanted her to know her mother was so confused. Insensitive as she was Beatrice had forced herself into this part of her life.

She rubbed her head. No, she had needed to come here. Ruu's parents needed to be informed even if her mother didn't remember her any more.

"What about your father." She asked gently. "He hasn't forgotten, he has a daughter, has he?"

(( *is cuddled* ^^))

Ridge nodded his head, "Dad remembers her. He's been panicking for almost a week now because she's been missing for so long. Him and Tarak are out looking for her at Dakhui.." He trailed off, realising she knew where his sister was, "Where is she? Where did you find her??"

((thanks Choc happy.gif; I sent him one but he didn't reply to it))

"She's been missing?" Beatrice said surprised. "She's run away? But why?"

Realizing that her own questions had to wait, she took a deep breath.

"She is in the Cloudpalace at the moment. I've found her on the birders cloud. She has helped me locating Snowpearl and agreed to train as her rider. I've asked her to stay with me for a while so she could bond to the dragon."

Beatrice shrugged helplessly. "I send her to get permission from her parents and she said she had it. I trusted her."

She rubbed her head. "But nothing of this matters at the moment. Your sister is obviously the one chosen to carry the Cloudkey and that means she'll have to leave Cloudworld to find the other keyholders. That is what I came to tell her parents."

Ridge was speechless for a moment. His sister ran away for one week and now she's in the Cloud palace? Geez. I should run away - I'd be ruler of the world in seconds.

"The cloud key? Ruu? But she doesn't have-- I mean, she's--" The boy trailed off awkwardly, then stood up and walked to the phone. Ridge sighed.

"I'll call Dad. Sorry about all this.."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tarak and his father had been asking people, searching in parks and under bridges for the girl when the father's phone rang. Tarak watched with concern at the conversation. Had something happened at home? His father gave him a triumphant look, the first he'd seen in a while, and they ran to the next Skybus Station.

((Hope you don't mind them having phones.. It's convenient for me ^^ ))

((That question is directed at Chocolategal right? Cause I've no say about the level of technology in the worlds. wink.gif ))

"Well, it is hardly your fault." Beatrice said. She nodded when he said he was about to call his father. "Please do so."

She watched while he talked to him and smiled. Ruu's family really seemed to have missed her. Well, except for her mother, but that was hardly the poor womans fault.

"When will he be here?" Beatrice asked. "Or would he rather want to meet in Cloudpalace directly?"