ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

"Cute" said Mufasa as he handed the clothes back to Jazz, he was glad that she had more sense then most of the people who came into a store like this. "If we find the leaders in charge of this place, how are we going to tell them of our warning. Since I'm betting on the fact they will not take us seriously."

Jazz took them back and replied while putting them back inside the bag, "Thanks." Then when he said his other statements she said, "Well all we can really do is try and if they don't believe us then, tough. Let the Metal Weavers come and destroy their perfect city." She then looked around and added, "I don't really care about this place anyway and like the Air World better." She then crossed her arms and leaned back against the wall, waiting for Myf to be done.

She dived into the stormy water.

Instantly the sea glowed with intense light. Every leaf, fish, kelp, grain of sand was lit by an ethereal glow that emanated from...the key.

She felt the cold of between, couldn't breathe, couldn't hear, couldn't see, couldn't feel but the wild beating of her heart in her chest, then suddenly sensation rushed back beneath a stately willow in the lush green of the Earth world.

The babble of conversation, combined with the sharp clanking of metal ('Armour...' she thought.) drove her to a hiding place, where she began to succumb to the slow paralysis of fear.

((Yes, she's going to be captured...at least if the Earth people are consistent. She's no ninja.gif , they'll notice her right off the bat.))

"I think we should leave and let this world get destroyed..." Started Mufasa before he slapped himself on the face. "We can't, if the Metal Weavers come into this world, then the other worlds will fall one by one due to the Modern World's technology...I once heard of a weapon that could wipe out entire landforms but the push of a button...we can't allow them to acquire weapons like that."

Jazz sighed realizing that he was right and said so by saying in reply, "You're right. We'll just have to deal with their weird culture for a few more hours at least until we get the message out to them." She then tried to think of ways that they could say their message to them. They would have to use their powers in order to be heard and to make sure that everyone heard them. She didn't want to risk being found out but it was the only way she could think of.

Edited by Dragonpelt

(( I take it they're in that wood then? xd.png Ahahah, I just realised I've used the name  "Tarak" in this RP. That's the name of my White Dragon. Tarak has white wings. Ahah.  ))

Ruu took the ball, then admired it for a few moments. "Thanks.. Does this mean you're going somewhere?"  She said it quietly, slightly worried about being left alone in somewhere unfamiliar like the Ground. You have Snowpearl with you. It's fine. Ruu reassured herself and then put the ball into her pocket along with the Quartz. Ruu reminded herself to keep that hidden so that Beatrice wouldn't think that she hadn't given it to her parents.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tarak paused, hearing a heart-broken cry. He turned to see a woman knelt down, holding a man in her arms. It was the same drunk man Tarak had seen the night before, only now he was half-dead in the street. The brown-haired woman leaned over him, crying. Her wings were grey with white speckles on them, and they twitched with each sob.

"Karley. Karley. You came back.." The man whispered, then fell limp in "Karley"'s arms.

The 26 year old had heard of these murders, mysterious as they were. He took care not to be too close to any one person, in case he was next. He cautiously approached the grieving woman, kneeling down next to her to offer his sympathy. The woman slapped him, grabbed the dead man and tried to lift him up.

Realizing he wasn't wanted, he once again apologised and moved on. He had someone to find, dead or alive.

((Cute. ))

Beatrice decided to begin her investigation at the birder cloud where she had first met Ruu.

Soon she came across a woman with grey wings, crying. Someone else tried to offer help, but she obviously wanted none. Beatrice came closer and stoped the man who had tried to offer help. "What is going on there? Is she injured?" Beatrice wanted to know.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Tarak looked up at the woman, then glanced back to the grey-winged lady.

"Her friend's just died. Or something. In the street." The woman sobbed some more, still trying to lift the dead man's body.

"Excuse me, I have someone to find," He said quietly before moving onwards, leaving Beatrice behind. He turned his head and looked around as he paced the streets, hoping to God his sister hadn't been killed in the way the drunkard had.

---------------------------------------------------------------

(( You're still RP-ing as Snowpearl, right? ))

"H,here Snowpearl.." Ruu mumbled, holding the ball out so that the dragon would follow it as she tried to walk down the trail. It was slightly dark, what with all the trees. Ruu felt strangely out of place and found herself missing the clouds. She threw the ball in the air and caught it a few times, missing on the third throw.

"Eek," She watched as the ball rolled away, then glanced at Snowpearl, "Stay right there," Then she ran to catch the ball. It had stopped by a small puff of cloud.

A small puff of cloud?

"Wha?" Ruu reached for the ball, venturing her hand into the white mist. When she lifted her hand out of the fog, the ball wasn't in her hand. There was a white key instead. With her other hand, she reached in a second time, this time withdrawing the ball. Confused, she turned and ran towards Snowpearl, holding up both items to get the dragon's attention.

"Look, someone's dropped their key.. And there's clouds coming out of it.."

"Thank you for your help" Beatrice said.

She walked down to the sobbing woman and kneeled next to her. "I beg your forgiveness lady, but I have some questions, that need to be answered."

(Yes. Unless you want to take her over?)

Snowpearl could smell how uncomfortable the girl felt. The white dragon crossed it's eyes and tried to make faces, which usually delighted hatchlings and children equally. But Ruu's attention was not on him. It was on the area surrounding them.

She threw a glittering toy in the air two times and the dragon stopped fretting and stared just admiring at the thing she was throwing.

When it get lost in the third try Snowpearl tried to hurry after it but she couldn't get through the trees. She waited gratefully while Ruu searched for the marvelous thing. Snowpearl wanted to see it glitter again.

But when the girl came back she had not only the ball, but a key emitting clouds too. Snowpearl huffed and little clouds flew left and right from it, but soon the orginal cloud reformed.

The dragon grinned and let it's tail whip playfully through the white stuff painting a star into it.

Edited by Laura-Lana

((Nah, it's ok))

Ruu watched in amusement as Snowpearl drew shapes into the cloud.

"Ahah..! That's so cool!" She laughed happily at the dragon's artwork, then watched as the key returned to it's normal form, "We've found something pretty brilliant here." She said, starting to lead Snowpearl back down what she hoped was the trail.

--------------------------------------------------

((Egads, how many unofficial charries do I need?? xd.png ))

The woman looked up sharply, her eyes red and her breathing uneven.

"What do you want?" She croaked.

Myf tried on the clothes quickly, and then went back out to try on a jacket she had saw before. It fit snugly, and she bought it, along with a small pair of shoes. She quickly changed into the clothes, and then went out side to find Mufasa and Jazz, other clothes in a small bag. Once she found them, she listened to their complaints, only to break in when there was a silence. "In fact, if this world in destroyed, then all other worlds fall." She took out a small book from one of her pockets in her baggy trousers. "It's written here, in the universal book of the 8 Worlds. And I quote: It was merely a legend, spread out and changed throughout five hundred years. A fable, an urban myth, not knowing whether it was right or not, true or false. No one knew who he was, as he has no relations, no children, and therefore, no descendents, in this world at least. Very little information was written about it, as it was considered not important, when in fact, it was the prophecy for the impending combat and near destruction of one of the most important planets in any of the solar systems. This is what the Modern world thought, or as they called themselves, the ‘Earth’. You don't see? I has been damn foretold! It has been said, that it would nearly be destroyed, and that, it seems, we have to save it! This dull place may seems that it should die, but so should the Metal Weavers clan and world. But if any worlds perish, destruction would fall on us all! Please, we must save this world, it has the making of the greatest planet of all time." She thought for a moment, and then looked at them, waiting.

Jazz turned towards Myf when she started to counter their complaints with something that was foretold in a book. When Myf was done she replied, "I know and you're right. You and Mufasa are both right. But how 'bout we stop talking about it here and actually go somewhere where we can warn the people. We'll have to change into our new clothes, though."

((Nah, it's ok))

Ruu watched in amusement as Snowpearl drew shapes into the cloud.

"Ahah..! That's so cool!" She laughed happily at the dragon's artwork, then watched as the key returned to it's normal form, "We've found something pretty brilliant here." She said, starting to lead Snowpearl back down what she hoped was the trail.

--------------------------------------------------

((Egads, how many unofficial charries do I need?? xd.png ))

The woman looked up sharply, her eyes red and her breathing uneven.

"What do you want?" She croaked.

The path was a little to small to be comfortable for Snowpearl, but she had a real blast wiggeling her body through all the tight spots. Now and then she'd start blasting warm air into Ruu's hair until she started throwing the glittering ball up and down again for her, or waving the key around that made the fascinating cloud patterns.

Then - directly after a bend- the old castle loomed in front of them.

((You could give me control of that one if you want. I just thought you wanted to be part of the murder investigation when I read your other post or I would have gone on with what I orginally planned.))

Beatrice kneelt down beside the woman. Her honest grief tore at her heart, but she could not spare her. "Tell me everything you know about how this man died. Everything you know, or can guess about his last hours. I apologize for intruding on your grief. I honestly wish I could let you say goodbye in peace, but this is not the first sudden death I have come across today and if we don't find out what is going on soon, it will not be the last. I want to catch whoever is responsible for this and I hope you'll help me as best as you can."

Edited by Laura-Lana

((Eh, you can take the grey-winged lady if you like ^^ I think I may have Tarak see a few more deaths... *muahaha..*))

Ruu looked up at the castle, then blinked a few times.

"Y'think this is it?" She joked, then shook the ball again to get Snowpearl's attention as she walked closer. The building was large and grey, but at the same time quite fascinating. Something about it gave Ruu shivers down her spine, but she pretended that she was simply a bit chilly.

Finally, the two reached the main door of the castle. Ruu heisitated; Was she supposed to just go straight in or should she knock first? What if...?

Silently, Ruu took out the cloud-key from her pocket and measured it up to the lock.

"Too big." She said quietly, then turned to Snowpearl, "Do we knock?"

Snowpearl looked at Ruu then at the Castle then back at Ruu. Then she opend her mouth wide and roared. The door opend and an old man with grey hair and brown wings appeared. "Ah Snowpearl." he said. "Then you must be Ruu, young maiden. Lady Beatrice already informed me that you'd come. Please come in."

Snowpearl gave Ruu as selfsatisfied look.

The woman told Beatrice that her husband had been drunk. He had purchased the drink in the same shop as ever. On his way home he had fallen and discovered a little statue of a dragon. When she had found him he was still fondeling the thing. He had wanted to give it to her, that was when his eyes suddenly crossed and he had trouble breathing. she had tried to safe him, but he had died under her hands.

Beatrice thanked the woman. She found the statue lying beside the man and wrapped it carefully in her cloak before she picked it up. She had planned to meet her brother in the castle earlier. She'd take this tale and the statue with her. Maybe he could make something of this.

(( AHAH! I just remembered, the Lady's name is Karley. (That was the woman the drunkard thought Ruu was) ))

Ruu flinched when Snowpearl roared, then shyed away slightly when the door opened. She nodded when her name was mentioned, then followed the man's instructions to step inside.

"Thank you.." She mumbled, looking around. It was a bit dark in here..

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, that wingless freak? I sent her away this mornin'. Scaring away me other customers, she was." The man behind the counter said as he served Tarak a chicken-burger. Normally, Tarak would go for something more... Dignified, but he was hungry and the food here just smelled so good.

"And she was wearing like a Black-waistcoat?" Tarak said quickly, trying to confirm that it really was his sister the man behind the counter had claimed to see. The man nodded and then turned away to tend to some other customers. The white-winged man smiled. If the last time Ruu'd been seen was that morning, then that would mean that she was alive and able to take care of herself enough. And that also meant that Ruu was probably on this cloud somewhere. She had to be.

Edited by Sparkeycat

"I promised that i would protect you during this journey, so I'm behind you 100% Myf" Said Mufasa with a smile, he couldn't believe that this world was going to be important. He then turned to Jazz and said "I agree with you, let's get out of here and find the leaders."

Jazz nodded and said, "First, though, I'm going to change into the clothes I just bought." She then went to a dressing room, pulled out her shirt and pants she bought out of them, undressed, put the newer clothes on, pulled the tags off, and then went back to where Mufasa and Myf were. "I'm ready whenever you guys are," she said to them and then waited before leaving to see if they would follow. She knew that Mufasa was the leader in this mission so she would follow after him.

Myf quickly darted off into the crowd, the jacket blazing after her, not waiting for the others to follow. She always seemed quicker in the rain, or when she had water on her body, must just be in to the Water world people. She stopped and darted back to Mufasa and Jazz, grinning at both of them. "I've looked up ahead, and I can see my way to the first candidates house. Oh, I forgot.. I have a list of people who we can tell to spread the message around. His house is up there, Mortimer's house. He's said to be a bit weird, but he knows about the other worlds too. I'm happy your with me." She said to both of them. "This is the first time some one has actually listened to me." She grinned again and darted away, running towards the small, old house at the end of the city.

Beatrice took flight and headed for the Cloudpalast, hardly sparing a glance for her fellow Nephelai.

Her brother was waiting for her at the door. "Where have you been Beatrice?" He asked, sounding upset. "They have started without you now."

"Started? What?"

"We found out that each of the victims found a little statue before their death and touched it."

"That would fit to what I've found out. And I have one of them here."

"One more. That's a relief. We've managed to transport the ones we know of here and are even now investigating them."

"With all due caution, of course?"

Her brother made a face. "You know exactly what kind of people are in charge." He sighed. "Oh well, we've got some of the most brilliant Nephelai in there. I am sure they'll be careful."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man with the brown wings lead Ruu deeper into the dark building. He stopped in front of two iron doors. Opening them with a key a large chamber was revealed, crystall lusters hung from the ceiling bathing it in light which was reflected from the fine set of porcelain that was laid out on the big oaken table. "If you'd just sit down Maiden Ruu?" The old man said respectfully. "Dinner will be served in a minute. What would you like to drink?"

Snowpearl headed for the dragoncave behind the castle and curled together in her chamber for some well deserved rest.

Ruu looked around the chamber in awe - It was beautiful! She closed her mouth - which had fallen open - when the Old man addressed her. She was starting to find it funny how she was being called "Maiden Ruu". She'd never usually receive this much respect. In fact, most people didn't even mention her name. They just pointed and say "That wingless one"

She did as the man suggested, sitting down obediently at the table, then listened to his question. A voice at the back of Ruu's mind yelled "Beeeer!", and she nearly laughed at this thought. But then again, what kind of drink was she supposed to ask for, without looking childish or unruly? Back at home, she'd usually just have--Shut-Up-Shut-Up-Shut-Up!

"Can I just have some fruit juice, please?" She asked, her voice quiet. She flashed him a grateful smile, then swung her legs for a moment.

"Thank you"

Edited by Sparkeycat

"Of course, Maiden Ruu." The man replyed and a minute later she was served golden Applejuce in a crystalglas.

Like promised dinner arrived soon afterward, seven different dishes all perfectly done and artfully arranged.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you think we could just open the door?" Beatrice asked her brother. She felt very uneasy.

"Better not, I don't want to startle someone into accidently touching one of the statues. "

Beatrice pressed her lips together and nodded. "Then I'll see what Snowpearl and Ruu have done while I was here." She said. "Otherwise I'll never resist temptation and just walk in." Her brother smiled gently. "I'll come with you, I've got to meet that young woman that has you so impressed."

They hurried outside and the gate closed behind them, so they didn't hear it when the screaming started in the castle.

Ruu tucked in, doing her best to savour each mouthful. It was a hard task because she hadn't eaten much that day. She swung her legs lightly, then wiped her mouth when she finally felt full.

She looked at her plates, feeling slightly awkward. She'd just been fed seven plates of delicious food, and Ruu hadn't done anything worthy of this much. The girl got down from the table, then as if by habit, stacked the plates (With great caution however; She was infamous for dropping plates at home).

She looked around the room. There were two doors that she could see. On where she'd just come in from, and one leading to where she suspected the kitchen was. Determined to help somehow, she lifted up the load slowly and carried it towards the door, opening it with one foot before stepping inside.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tarak paused, something brushing against the his boot. He looked down to see a small figurine, this one beautifully carved as a Rabbit, one of those silly mythical creatures from children's stories. He'd seen a few figurines laying around the town, but didn't dare touch them in case it was some special art-exhibition.

Something felt weird on his shoe. It was... Turning brown? Fizzing?

"Oh dear Lo--!" In one swift action, Tarak kicked off his shoe, which was now bubbling and browning beyond recognition. He watched it for a few minutes, dumbfounded.

"What?"

Edited by Sparkeycat

"Well it isn't going to be the last time were going to listen to you." Said Mufasa with a smile, but then he realized that Myf had already taken off. He grabbed Jazz's hand and said "Come on, let's try to catch up with her." He then started to run after Myf, using his air abilities to make him run faster.

Jazz nodded and allowed him to drag her after Myf while he ran. She didn't mind a bit that he had grabbed her hand and ran as well, using some of her air abilities to help speed the trip up some. As they ran, she looked around her and saw that everything they had seen earlier was now a blur because of them running so fast. She looked ahead again and hoped that they could catch up with Myf soon.

((ok I know I'm not a part of this rp or if someone might have mentioned this before, but in the title it says the keys will lead you there. Well that is very true considering you are typing on a KEYboard and they seem to lead you anywere. Ok sorry for my intrusion. I will go now.))