ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

(( Dragons can pout? ohmy.gif LOL xd.png ))

Glad to be on the ground once more, Ruu breathed a sigh of relief and petted Snowpearl, scratching her behind the ear.

"Good girl." The wingless girl looked up at the palace, admiring the glory of the building. It really was a spectacular place, and she wondered what it would be like inside.

((Duuuuuude, I has nothing to post...everyone is leeving meeeee....but new people are coming so that's okay))

((Klin, Dragonic Flames has quit, so just do something else))

Mortimer raised his head and smiled. "Yes, I have heard of the other creatures being companions. We don't have companions, except a select few, who have animals as pets. He opened a large cage and pulled out a large bird that nestled on it's hands eagerly. "An eagle." He said, petting the taloned bird. "He's very fond of people." His smile faded, and then placed the bird upon his hunched shoulders. "No one ever believes me here, because I tell them I have a Selkie hidden in my spare room."

Myf glanced warily at Mufasa and Jazz.

"Oh, it's okay! It's tame. I was wondering whether you may be able to take it back to the Water world for me though." He asked.

"The Water world? It came from the Water world?" Myf excitedly asked, a bit confused.

"Yes, it wandered through the worlds to the 'Modern' world. Then I took him in. Now I want you to take him back."

Myf glanced at her companions, not knowing what to say.

Edited by ChocolateGal137

((You could visit us at Cloudworld biggrin.gif))

"You would have gotten a cuff and not a scratch from me, for those antics." Beatrice informed Snwopearl.

She shook her head at the dragon and offered Ruu her hand to help her climb from the dragonback.

Sebastian had meanwhile approached the palacedoor. It opened because he was able to knock. "Duke Sebastian." the servant who had opened, cried in relief. "I am so glad you are here. Come in please, we desperatly need you. Something terrible has happened!"

Sebastian glanced at Beatrice whose face had become grim. What had happened now?

Edited by Laura-Lana

Jazz listened to all that with interest, specifically the part about the Selkie coming from the Water World. She was a little surprised that he wanted Myf to take it back to her world. She looked back at her and said with a smile, "I think that, that is a good idea. I don't see why you shouldn't." She then looked back at Mortimer and asked, "Are we all going together to meet the other people of this world to tell them the news or are you staying here while the three of us go?"

Edited by Dragonpelt

((You could visit us at Cloudworld biggrin.gif))

"You would have gotten a cuff and not a scratch from me, for those antics." Beatrice informed Snwopearl.

She shook her head at the dragon and offered Ruu her hand to help her climb from the dragonback.

Sebastian had meanwhile approached the palacedoor. It opened because he was able to knock. "Duke Sebastian." the servant who had opened, cried in relief. "I am so glad you are here. Come in please, we desperatly need you. Something terrible has happened!"

Sebastian glanced at Beatrice whose face had become grim. What had happened now?

Accepting Beatrice's aid, Ruu promptly met the ground in one small jump. She looked over to the door, listening as a servant spoke to Sebastian. She looked back at Beatrice, then back at Sebastian. It seemed something terrible had happened.

Hitori had flown away once more, startled with the opening of the palace doors. The sparrow flew up high, perching on one of the ornate sculptures on the palace grounds.

((I doubt I'll be on over the weekend))

"It is the king." The distraught servant wispered. "And the rest of the people who were in the room, when they looked at the statues. They found a way to open one of those things and there was something in there that gave of fumes."

His eyes were wide and he shuddered like a frightend horse. "Some must have died at once, others seemed to have gone mad and ..."

The servant cried. "They are all dead, duke Sebastian. They killed each other."

Sebastian felt very cold. "It wasn't just the king." He said. "Our brightest scientists were in this room and most of the important nobles." He shook his head and looked at Beatrice. "The election you know. No one who had a chance on the crown wanted to be left out. I only wasn't in the room, because I was worried about you."

Beatrice's eyes were hard, but she only hid her grief and shock behind them. "All those important people in the same room with items we KNEW were dangerous? We don't need the Metal Worlders here."She said. "We will defeat ourselves all on our own."

Eyes wide, Ruu hugged her arms and looked at the ground. A scene, painted by the servant's words played vividly in her head.

The King, someone she'd seen in news probably stood at the head of a big metal table. And his loyal scientists, conferring and sharing notes. They turn away from each other, nodding in agreement as one scientist takes a hammer and hits it against the small statue, the black ornament breaking on impact.

And then a dark gas hisses out through the crack, blinding and immediately killing the hammer holding scientist.

He stumbles back into the others, and then they breathe in the fumes and are taken over like rabid dogs, scratching and hitting one another. The King, now intoxicated, takes his sceptre and whacks another man over the head with it, then re-employs it as a cane, placing it under the man's neck and pushing him against the wall with it to strangle him until the life leaves his eyes.

Letting the body go, the King moves out of the way, only to be knocked unconscious with a shard from the statue. He crumples to the floor, blood seeping out from the back of his head.

Meanwhile, the other scientists have used a variety of objects to maim one-another. The King's sceptre is picked up from the ground and used as a spear, stabbing an already dead person in the face. The yells and screams are heard from outside the room, but then it suddenly grows quiet. One voice sobs bitterly, and then a dead silence.

The girl shook like a leaf and took a step back, placing her hands over her ears as if they could block out the scenario playing in her head.

"And worst of all.." She muttered unintentionally, They're still in there.

Edited by Sparkeycat

"Sebastian!" Beatrice chided gently. Someone needed to take over the reins until the heirs of the other high nobles could be notified and a new king or queen could be crowned. In a crisis nothing was worse then being without leadership and Sebastian was the only one who could do the job at the moment it seemed.

She did not need to spell that out, her brother knew it as well as she did. With a snap Sebastian closed his black wings behind him and walked through the entrance.

Beatrice turned toward Ruu who was hugging herself and murmuring something. Beatrice laid and arm around her and hugged the girl. Her eyes stared into nothingness.

"And worst of all.." She muttered.

"What?" Beatrice asked. "What is the worst of all?" She frowned. "What are you seeing Ruu?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

"Hm? U..Um..!" Ruu blinked a few times, trying to shut away the scary thing she'd thought of, "It's just really really sad." She mumbled, then felt childish for putting it that way. But it felt like the simpler she put things, the less real it felt.

If she'd said something like "The despair and severe sympathy I feel for those in that room are overpowering," then she would have felt like she wasn't saying anything of any true importance. With her other arm, she reached out and hugged Beatrice back, watching as Sebastian walked inside. A new thought, almost as scary as the last, popped into her head.

"Are.. Are they still?" Ruu struggled to find a way of putting it nicely, "Are they still in there?"

"I know as much as you, Ruu." Beatrice said. She drew her fingers through Ruu's hair, trying to comfort the girl. "But you don't need to think about it. Sebastian will ..." she paused for a moment trying to think of a way to say it "Sebastian will take care of everything that needs to be taken care of."

She looked at the palace wishing she could spare Ruu her next words. "We need to get in the libary. We can't afford to wait until ... everything has been delt with." Beatrice felt chilled. "We need to find out what you are supposed to do with your key or this will have been nothing but the beginning of a path that will end in our complete destruction."

Ruu nodded, but stayed silent, still watching the doors with butterflies in her stomach. She took a hesitant step forwards, then continued to walk towards the building with a pained expression on her face. The girl paused, then waved to Beatrice to follow suit as she stepped inside.

Ruu looked around the building in awe. From the outside, it was majestic, but from the inside.. It was of pure elegance. The mosaic floor tiles, if you took a step back, formed the shape of a crown, the crown that the King had once worn. One could easily tell because it was decorated with red and white jewels and diamonds that were centuries old. The girl blinked, then realised she'd been staring at the floor long enough to make others think she was a tad strange. She gave a cough and then raised her head, looking higher at the chandeliers and artistic wallpaper. Back at home, the best decorations they had were--

She spun on her heel as a door somewhere opened. Ruu was grateful for that, otherwise she would have thought about that place again.

Edited by Sparkeycat

Beatrice felt a little humbled when she saw how awed Ruu was by their surroundings. She hardly noticed all the beauty around her anymore. Now, looking at the awe in Ruu's face the feeling of wonder that she had had the first time she visited Cloudpalace suddenly returned.

She hoped it would destract Ruu a little from the horror that had happened to her before.

They had almost reached the libary when a door opened.

((Not sure if you want to do anything with that so I am giving the tale telling back at you smile.gif ))

(( Eh, not really xd.png Ruu's scared of dead things. And blood.))

The door that had opened distracted Ruu for a moment, and even after the palace guards, carrying black body-bags had passed, she continued to stare for a minute or so. That was the room..

The girl took a step backwards to stand next to Beatrice. What she'd imagined earlier was no where near as bad as what she could think up now.

"Lets go." She mumbled, her voice shaking slightly. She wanted to get as far away from this situation.

Edited by Sparkeycat

Beatrice could have cursed the careless palaceguards who had managed to frighten Ruu again.

Or herself. Why had she decided to take this route? She could have bypassed the unhappy room entirely. She had wanted so much to show Ruu the ornaments that she had forgotten it was here too.

Laying her arm around Ruu's shoulder to reassure her, she steered them away and turned around a corner.

She stopped in front of a red door, that was decorated by golden letters all around the frame.

Beatrice opened and bade Ruu to enter. "This is the libary." she said.

Quietly admiring the doors, Ruu nodded to Beatrice and stepped inside the Library. She had another moment of awe at the sheer height of the bookshelves and the clear glass ceiling with a clear view of the clear sky.

Curious, she stepped forwards towards one of the shelves and pulled out a big red book with gold lettering. Ruu squinted at the words, then realised why she couldn't read it; It was in a different language, one that she would have started learning at school if it weren't for her great escape.

Turning some of the pages, she found that the rest of the book was written in this strange language, and in the middle of the book, there was a beautiful illustration of a feather. The featherless girl traced along the lines with her finger, then carefully closed the book and put it back.

(( THE GLASS IS CLEAR, OK?? xd.png ))

Edited by Sparkeycat

((Humm de hummm de humm....))

The Earth World was really quite beautiful. The birds were so varied, singing, chortling, and whistling. It was quite a din. The sun was hidden behind a thick cloud, so shadows were faint and patchy, and the light was dim. It couldn't have been more than a few hours before dusk, but the nearby town was restless.

'Town....'

Shouts, clanking metal, the creaking of wooden wheels, and the thunder of perfectly synchronized footsteps came from the town only twenty meters away. From the bedlam, Kay guessed the area was under military protection, and her heart sank as she realized that just getting the World leaders to listen to her, much less heed her warning, would be acutely more difficult now...

Myf smiled. "Okay Mortimer, I'll take him back to the Water world. What's his name anyway, and where is he? If he's in his human form we can all go together.." She trailed of as Mortimer sighed.

"His name is Daen, but he has a quest as well, when he came here he rode on the back of his kelpie, Alyssia. The government took the kelpie for testing and Daen ran away until he found me. But that was only months back, so Alyssia would still be alive. I just hope your animals haven't been found." He stood up slowly, and walked over to a door on the other side of the room. He opened the door and softly called 'Daen' before returning to his seat. He looked at the girls and chuckled. "Don't get too excited ladies." Before engaging himself in the book.

A young man, of about 20 sauntered into the room, a worried look about his face. "Have you found her." He asked Mortimer, not even glancing at the visitors. Mortimer stammered, "Daen, he have visitors, they are going to help you find Aly. Then they'll take you back to the Water world, Myf's home also -" "Which charming girl is Myf?" Daen broke in. Mortimer gestured and Daen rushed and slid down to her level, taking her hand and kissing it. Myf blushed as Daen spoke. "I will be forever in your debt if we find Aly." He rose again, and turned to Mortimer, a gentle smile spreading across his face. "I shall go and pack." He then abruptly left the room, Mortimer chuckling to himself. "That is funny."

"What's funny Mortimer?" Myf enquired.

"He has nothing to pack, you see, he is a special selkie, as he can grow and hide his seal suit whenever he wants. Now, he will show you the way to the government base where the keep Aly, and probably a number of creatures that have wandered into this world. I think we shall split up, Mufasa and Jazz with me, and Myf and Daen on the rescue mission. I have a few people who will believe me and then they can get more people to believe them, then it keeps going until some of the politicians get aware of it and then they'll tell our leaders, who might just doing something about it. So, we have a plan? I'll meet you back at my house at the end of the day, or if the mission will go into the night, then it shall."

Myf nodded as Daen came in.

He was very tall, powerfully built, but slender, with shoulder length golden hair and steel blue eyes. He wore a white shirt and black pants, without any shoes. Daen stood by the door, ready to go. "Well, shall we go?" Mortimer asked.

Beatrice smiled at Ruu who was busy looking through ta book about wings, written by the Aurelians.

Beatrice rarely thought about the other societys that shared Cloud World with them, but somehow being reminded now in this crisis comforted her.

She walked through another section and found the book with the legend of Nathaniel.

She brought it to Ruu so that the wingless girl could read it.

"This is the story of the world keys."

It happened five hundred years ago- in the modern world, the 'Earth' we know of today, by a young boy of about five years old called Nathaniel. He was the first person to cross the eight worlds. He was playing the summer fields- all alone, no one around him... but he was running, and ran into an imaginary door. He never thought much of it. Just as a game. He tried to open the door, but it was locked fast. He had looked on the ground, and found a glass key - see through. He clumsily pushed it through the lock and unlocked the door. He stepped through... into another world... floating, in the world of Air. He ran back through the doorway and never told anyone of his secret. By pulling the door fast behind him.

But he came to the door everyday... and went into his other world, to play. But one day, he didn't come back. People searched for him and stumbled upon the doorway into the other worlds. Until they found that he had unlocked every other world in his pathway, until he found the last door way, to the world of metal, where evil had been brewing since time had began. These people, know as the Metal Weavers clan, had known about the 8 worlds... and were determined to rule every single one, even if they had to destroy every single being to get the lands.

Unbeknownst to the people from the modern lands, other being and dragons had been watching them... intrigued by their every move, studying their freakish ways. The modern world was the only ones not to have dragons in their worlds, so the strange people fascinated the people of the other worlds.

The Metal Weavers struck, and struck hard, devastating every land. Nathaniel was the only one who had all the keys, but he refused to close the doorways. So the war began, the fighting, the death, the destruction, until the 7 other worlds turned against the Metal Weavers, and forced them back into their world... and locked the door. Nathaniel was forced to close each world to restore the peace and tranquility again. Handing a person from each land a key, (except the Metal world, their key was given to a Cloud person), they locked the doors and restored peace.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Reading the book, Ruu frowned.

"So what happened to Nathaniel? Did he go back to Earth?" Beatrice was unlikely to know the answer, she knew. Ruu took the Cloud key out of her pocket and inspected it for a moment - Now she had it, did she just have to keep it safe? Did she have to visit the Metalworlders? So many questions. Twirling the key between her fingers, she watched the pattern that emerged with mild amusement. If a Cloudworlder had been given the key, why was it just laying around in the forest? And what happened to the Metal key? She sighed and put the key back into her pocket,

"And I probably have to find the Cloud door, don't I?"

((Faaaiillll pooossstttt ))

"Somewhere there is a list of the locations of the different doors and we still have to find the prophecy. Help me search Ruu!" Beatrice said.

She took various books out of the shelves looked into them then shook her head annoyed. Finally she brightend.

"Here is something about the doors. Listen!"

The location of the doors in the different Worlds:

Modern: The door is in the summer fields next to a rather large rock.

Air: The door is near one distortion in the sky, where the sky turns a little darker.

Fire:The door is next to a dormant volcano, when they pass worlds they look like they jump into the heart of the volcano.

Earth: The door is next to the Tree of Old Times, a huge willow that has been standing since the last invasion of the worlds.

Water: The door in in the centre of the Tri-water, where a large triangle is rippling in the water on one of the seas. It is usually easy to see and the water is much darker there.

Night: T The door in directly under the moon, next to a small shed.

Cloud: The door is in a cloud shaped like a key.

Metal: The door is in a large fridge, positioned in the centre of the metal weavers territory.

"Puh." Beatrice said. "I have no clue what half of these words mean. Do you know what a fridge is?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

Ruu shook her head,

"It sounds like a kind of vehicle or something... It's in a cloud shaped like a key??" Ruu peered down at her key which looked like a cloud, then started to giggle. No, a key can't also be a door. It doesn't work like that.

"I would hate to live in Waterworld. Too dangerous, you know? You have to be really good at swimming to go there and practically no-one is."

((I'm here I posted:))

Jazz listened to all that with interest, specifically the part about his eagle coming from the Water World. She was a little surprised that he wanted Myf to take it back to her world. She looked back at her and said with a smile, "I think that, that is a good idea. I don't see why you shouldn't." She then looked back at Mortimer and asked, "Are we all going together to meet the other people of this world to tell them the news or are you staying here while the three of us go?"

((or did you reply to it and I didn't see it?))