ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

((Ravyn, there's keys to the different worlds...water key for the water world, cloud key for the cloud world, and so on and so forth; that's what it means by "keys"))

Edited by Dragonpelt

Ruu tucked in, doing her best to savour each mouthful. It was a hard task because she hadn't eaten much that day. She swung her legs lightly, then wiped her mouth when she finally felt full.

She looked at her plates, feeling slightly awkward. She'd just been fed seven plates of delicious food, and Ruu hadn't done anything worthy of this much. The girl got down from the table, then as if by habit, stacked the plates (With great caution however; She was infamous for dropping plates at home).

She looked around the room. There were two doors that she could see. On where she'd just come in from, and one leading to where she suspected the kitchen was. Determined to help somehow, she lifted up the load slowly and carried it towards the door, opening it with one foot before stepping inside.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tarak paused, something brushing against the his boot. He looked down to see a small figurine, this one beautifully carved as a Rabbit, one of those silly mythical creatures from children's stories. He'd seen a few figurines laying around the town, but didn't dare touch them in case it was some special art-exhibition.

Something felt weird on his shoe. It was... Turning brown? Fizzing?

"Oh dear Lo--!" In one swift action, Tarak kicked off his shoe, which was now bubbling and browning beyond recognition. He watched it for a few minutes, dumbfounded.

"What?"

"Oh Maiden Ruu, what are you doing!" The older man hurried toward her, his face red. "Nancy you useless thing, you should have taken her dishes away as soon as she finished." He hit in the direction of a little blackhaired girl with butterfly wings. The girl just ducked away and rolled her eyes at him.

She quickly danced to Ruu, took the dishes out of her hands, her expression showing clearly that she didn't thought much of Ruu. When she noticed her missing wings she actually snorted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There we are." Beatrice said when they had landed. "Ruu and Snowpearl should be eating dinner by now."

"Ah, it's no tro--" Ruu stopped talking when the girl snorted, retreating into an embarrassed silence. She watched as the girl took her plates, interested in her type of wings - She hadn't seen many people with butterfly wings before. They were almost as rare as those without wings at all.

"Thank you for the food...And stuff," Ruu mumbled quickly to the old man and to the girl, not sure if it were even they who cooked it. She straightened her waistcoat and dusted her shorts, which were slightly marked due to sleeping on park benches and in trees. She was among higher people now. She had to at least look a little bit presentable.

Edited by Sparkeycat

"Well Snowpearl is here." Beatrice said. They had gone to the cave for the dragons first. She patted the white dragon on the head. "Ruu is probably in the castle." She and her brother the duke of Loys entered and walked down to the dining hall. But there was no sign of Ruu.

That was until Beatrice spotted someone backing away from the kitchen. A wingless girl and there really was only one wingless girl, that should be here. "Ruu?" She asked softly. "I'd like to introduce someone to you." She paused and frowned. "You have not worked in the kitchen, have you?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

((Facepalm))

Myf kept on running, the people rushing past her, staying under the shelters to keep dry. Myf smiled to herself, nearly reaching her goal. Suddenly, it came into view, a small, dirty cottage covered in vines, that somewhat resembled one of what would've been built 100 years ago. She waited for the others to catch up, smiling broadly at the grotesque home.

"Hm? No.."

Ruu's face lit up on seeing Beatrice - someone she knew, along with someone she didn't. She took a few steps forwards towards the woman and the man who stood next to her, then tried to do her 'Bow-curtsy-nod' action. Higher people, don't make yourself look stupid.

"I'm Ruu,"

"Oh good. Because I've given orders that you were to be treated as a guest of honor. I'd have been very upset if anyone had mistaken you for a servant." Beatrice's frown smoothed out. "Sebastian, this is my young friend Ruu. Ruu, this is Sebasian, the Duke of Loys, my older brother." Sebastian stepped out of the shadows that had half concealed him so far. His nightblack wings folded neatly at his back. He took Ruu's hand and kissed it. "I am delighted to meet you, Ruu." He said with a voice like dark sherry.

((There he is. One can't see the wings very well, but they are like Beatrice's wings only black. Unfortunatly I haven't found a dollmaker that does good man dolls yet.))

user posted image

Ruu blushed at having her hand kissed, then reminded herself that that was what Higher Up people did.

"N,nice to meet you too, Sebastian" Ruu decided to take great care in remembering his name and face - She didn't want to slip up later and forget.

The man had purple hair and dark wings, which were both as well-groomed as his sister's. She looked up at Beatrice, edging closer to her because to be honest, she was the only person Ruu knew well in the room.

"What did you do up on the Birder's platform?" Ruu tried to make conversation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The brown-winged birder's teeth whistled as he talked, and Tarak had to mentally repeat everything he said to understand what he was saying.

"Ah den she go sit on theat bench overr there." Tarak nodded, keeping up with the old man, "Ah den she go sit there fo a loonng taem. Then ah went back to me birdin'"

Tarak nearly shuddered at the old man's lack of grammar, but endured it.

(( I tried and failed to draw Ruu... Sorry..))

user posted image

Edited by Sparkeycat

((Looks good enough to me. I can't draw at all. That is why I like the doll makers. I've been surfing in the net to find an appropriate pic for Sebastian.))

Beatrice laid an arm around Ruu, sensing her unease. "I have been trying to find some clues about the murders. Different members of the concil have searched different clouds for evidence. What we know by now is that everyone who died that mysterious death had touched a little metallic statue before. They are currently looking at them and puzzeling out what makes the people die, who touch them."

Sebastian didn't stop looking at Ruu even though the girl had blushed and obviously felt uncomfortable under his gaze. There was something, he couldn't name, about the girl. Some kind of magic, that reminded him of the cloud sceptre that the cloud king wielded.

Tarak sighed, then shifted in his new replacement boots, for his old pair had been destroyed somehow. The children's park was full of.. Well, children. No teenagers.

He turned and walked out once more, his heart heavy with worry. People were dying now. There was every chance that his sister was one of them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ruu's eyes widened. She suddenly remembered something that had happened the night before.

Halfway down a busy street, the drunkard nearly tripped over something left on the ground.

"Shilly girl. Dropped your dolly." He slurred a bit as he momentarily let go of Ruu's hand to pick up the figurine on the floor.

"I.." She played with her hands, her heart sinking, "I think I nearly.." She trailed off. If she continued to tell her story, then Beatrice might have guessed that she hadn't gone home that night.

She started to tremble slightly. The girl was glad to have gotten away from the drunkard, or else he might have tried to get her to hold it. But then again. He picked it up.. And now...

Ruu blinked very quickly, trying not to think about the man's likely death for fear of crying.

"--But I didn't touch it, so it's ok."

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed that Sebastian was still watching her. Maybe it was because she didn't have wings - Did she look weird? She turned so that her back faced away from the man.

A curse, the most ironic curse.. She repeated the phrase that she'd made up to accompany her birthmarks, in her head. It really was ironic. She could tell why her Mother didn't see her as "One of her flock". Ruu was rarely mentioned to others when her parents talked business, though both of her brothers, Tarak and Ian were. The parents would speak of her siblings proudly, and tell their clients of how Tarak would one day take over the business.

They were flight instructors. Ironic, much?

Ruu trembled and Beatrice gave her a squeeze that was reassuring. At least she hoped it would feel reassuring. She glared at Sebastian who still stared at Ruu, didn't her foolish brother understand that he was making the girl nervous? Beatrice regretted she had mentioned the murders at all. But if Ruu really had been close to one of the statues, she might have some information.

"Ruu." She said softly. "You have to tell me where the statue you have seen was. We have to remove it or someone else might pick it up.

Imagine a little child finding it. Please try to remember as much as you can about the incident."

Sebastian tilted his head and came a step closer. Now that Ruu had turned her body, he could pinpoint the source of the magic better. "Beatrice." he interrupted his sister. "Are you aware that it looks as if a little cloud comes out of your friends pocket? Who is this girl? Are you sure she is a Nephelai?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

Ruu spoke quietly:

"Um. Near a pub-bar place. It was shaped like a dragon.. There was a drunk guy with ruffled wings. I think he touched it."

She flinched when Beatrice's brother spoke, then smiled when he mentioned the clouds. She reached into her waistcoat pocket, her hand brushing against the Quarts, and pulled out the key. She wrote her name in the air then watched as the clouds took shape. RUU. The letters faded, then she continued to grin at her toy.

"Me and Snowpearl found it on the trail here. It's really cool," Ruu drew a smiley-face. She pretended not to have heard the rest of what Sebastian said. "Who is she" Seemed like an ominous question, to be honest.

Edited by Sparkeycat

"I think we have that one already." Beatrice said with relief.

She almost murdered Sebastian with her gaze when he asked if the girl was Nephelai. Was her brain dead brother suggesting this teenager was a Metall Weaver in disguise or what?

She smiled when Ruu demonstrated her key. "Very pretty."

Now it was Sebastian's turn to glare at her. "Pretty Beatrice? This is The Cloud Key, with capitals. If we find the door, Ruu gets through it and closes it from the other side, the metal weavers won't be able to conquer the other worlds."

"Yes." Beatrice said quietly. "They would be traped - with us. And Ruu would be an exile"

"We could evakuate everyone before we close the door. I know the idea of giving cloud world up is hard, but.."

"Sebastian." Beatrice said gently. "Don't you understand what those murders mean? It is too late. They are already here... and probably on the other worlds too."

Ruu looked up at the brother and sister as they sent each other glares. She tried to guess what the looks meant, but was then distracted when they started to talk about the key. She held onto it tightly. Was there something she needed to do? Most things seemed ok before she took out the key. Now they were talking about Metal Weavers and evacuation.

The girl didn't understand most of what they were saying, so she stayed quiet. Ruu waited until they finished talking. She spoke with a dry mouth.

"What do we do?"

Beatice gave her shoulders another hopefully reassuring squeeze. "We'll think about it, Ruu. Whatever it is you'll not have to do it alone." She looked into space. "This is the key that can open and close the door between Cloudworld and Nightworld. There is a prophecy about the key and it's wielder. Actually the prophecy is about all the eight wielders. I believe you can call yourself a choosen one now." She smiled at Ruu, trying to lighten the mood a little.

"We'll have to reread it carefully, but I believe you have to find those who have the other seven keys if we want to safe the worlds from the metal weavers."

((Editing this post because it is an epic fail xd.png ))

"I was chosen..? But I found it in a bush.." Ruu bit her lip, wishing she could think more clearly, "What if I wasn't supposed to..What if it's wrong?" She returned a worried smile to Beatrice. She twiddled the key for a moment, now grinning in amusement when the item gave off spiral shaped puffs of cloud. So... I have to go somewhere.. That's nothing new.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tarak stood warily at the edge of a cloud - There were no railings here. Over the edge of this cloud lay the Birding platform, and over the edge of that? A huge expanse of sky. If that weird old birder had said she'd been here, then there was a chance that she'd fallen off. Into the ocean, full of things unknown.

Edited by Sparkeycat

((Just sitting here twiddling my thumbs...Jeez it's almost like I'm trying to get captured...because unless whoever played the Earth world characters is gone, then I'm going to get captured...

Until then.... twiddle twiddle twiddle....))

((Editing this post because it is an epic fail xd.png ))

"I was chosen..? But I found it in a bush.." Ruu bit her lip, wishing she could think more clearly, "What if I wasn't supposed to..What if it's wrong?" She returned a worried smile to Beatrice. She twiddled the key for a moment, now grinning in amusement when the item gave off spiral shaped puffs of cloud. So... I have to go somewhere.. That's nothing new.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tarak stood warily at the edge of a cloud - There were no railings here. Over the edge of this cloud lay the Birding platform, and over the edge of that? A huge expanse of sky. If that weird old birder had said she'd been here, then there was a chance that she'd fallen off. Into the ocean, full of things unknown.

((Sorry Sparkeycat, I kept seeing that I'd done the last post here and waited for someone to answer. I forgot that my last post hadn't been an answer at all but an ooc comment for someone else, because I was in a hurry.))

"I don't believe so, Ruu. Such things don't happen out of coincidence." Beatrice ran her fingers through the girls hair. "But I meant it when I said you won't be alone."

She smiled. "Where you ever in the cloudpalast? I think this is where we need to go now and research the prophecy. There is a vast libarary. If there is a chance you were not meant to hold this key, we will find out there too. What do you think?"

Ruu's face lit up when the woman mentioned the CloudPalace. She'd never been in there before, but she'd seen pictures from newspapers of the building. She turned to face the woman, nodding happily. She was glad to have someone as friendly as Beatrice to stand next to - Some people weren't as accepting. She glanced up warily at Sebastian, worried as to whether he was still watching her or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, c'mon." Tarak looked at his feet, sighing that his replacement boots were already getting soaked in the clouds - This one was starting to turn grey. At times like these, it meant it would rain on the ground and the people atop of the clouds would usually be able to keep dry if they flew or went inside. Sighing, Tarak extended his white wings and flapped them a few times to get off the ground. An old lady peered out of her window at the man, smiling. White wings weren't so rare, but they weren't common either. The old people always thought they were good luck, but Tarak felt indifferent.

Sebastian still watched Ruu out of narrowed eyes. He was not happy at all to see how attached Beatrice had grown to Ruu. True, it looked like the girl might have found the Cloudkey, but the fact remained that she had no wings like a proper Cloudworlder had. Sebastian did not know how Metalworlders looked, but he suspected that they might lacked the wings.

His sister was normally levelheaded enough to see that for herself, but it was clear to Sebastian, that she considered Ruu under her wings, so anything he had to say against her would fall on deaf ears.

"Fine." Beatrice beamed. "Have you eaten already? Then we should move." Beatrice started in the direction of the door, her body full of energy, when Sebastians voice stopped her. "It is raining, Beatrice." He leaned against a window and pointed out of it lazily. " You wouldn't want the girl to get a cold? Besides flying is dangerous in the rain."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Ruu looked up at Sebastian, then shrugged.

"I don't think it will be too bad.." Cautiously, she moved towards the window that the man pointed out of. The wingless girl watched the raindrops with curious eyes "Well, maybe.." Her eyes suddenly focused past the droplets and into the forest outside.

She blinked, then recognised the purple and brown feathered bird outside.

"Hitori!" Ruu took a step towards the door, then turned, bowed, and mumbled that she would be right back, before running outside to see the sparrow. Ruu always felt a need to go straight to that bird if she ever saw it; she hated the thought of not ever seeing it again.

(( Oh Em Gee I fail ))

Edited by Sparkeycat

((Hugs. Never))

"Sebastian stop being an idiot." Beatrice hissed as soon as Ruu was out of the room to look after her sparrow. "She is a child. Do you really think the Metallweavers will start their attack by sending their children first?"

Sebastians gaze was cold. "Who knows how these creatures think. You were the one who told me she did not want you to meet her parents. Maybe because she does not have parents. At least not Cloudworlder parents. Do you know where she was last night? Distributing little statues maybe?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Of course she was." Beatrice spit "On all our clouds without wings and no one noticed. Get a grip Sebastian. Ruu isn't an enemy. If anything she is the only hope Cloudworld has."

Thouroghly annoyed Beatrice walked to the window and watched Ruu and the sparrow. Such tiny shoulders to bear such a heavy burden.

The little bird, shocked by the doors opening, fluttered up into one of the nearby trees.

"No-no-no-no..!" Ruu said quickly, as if her words would get the bird to return. She stood at the base of the tree, afraid to look away in case Hitori left whilst she wasn't looking.

The girl nearly shrieked when a drop of cold rainwater went down the back of her neck, then stepped closer to the tree for it's shelter. She called up into it's branches:

"Hitori? They have food in there. And it's warmer. Dryer?" The bird remained in the tree, watching her uncomprehendingly. Ruu held a hand out towards the bird, hoping it would hop on like usual. Instead, startled by the sudden gesture, the sparrow flew away higher and out of sight.

Rejected, Ruu's shoulder's sagged and she turned away from the tree, back into the start of a rain-shower. Looking back, she heard the bird cheeping. It had moved down a few branches, back to where it was before. As if it were waiting. The girl shivered, then walked back inside.