ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

"We like clothes," Jazz replied with a smile as she watched him clean his sword, "and because it makes us look good whenever we go someplace new." She looked around again before leaning against the wall of a nearby building. She saw a boy give her a look and she looked the other way. She heard him laugh and blushed slightly as she looked down at the ground.

Mufasa shook his head. "I guess I'll never understand girls" Sighed Mufasa as he held his blade into the light. It started to shine beautifully, until cloud cover began to cover up the light. "Looks like that thunderstorm is beginning to take shape." Muttered Mufasa as he placed his sword away. He leaned on the building as well and set his gaze to the crowds walking by him. He then noticed a trio of girls walking by him, who looked at him and laughed. They then walked past him without giving a second thought. He then said to Jazz with a slightly ticked voice "What does it mean when girls laugh at you?"

Jazz looked up and watched the girls in question pass by them and then said when they were gone, "It means that they probably thought of you as weird and were making fun of you. When I giggled earlier at your question about girls and clothes, it meant that I wasn't sure if it was directed at me or if you were just asking it and wasn't expecting an answer. Also, it meant that I thought it was a cute question."

((i had a hard time writing that and I'm a girl xd.png))

Mufasa groan and said "Great, if they were guys i would have kick their asses..." Mufasa the sighed and said "I wouldn't, but it kinda blows that people are making fun of me and i can't do a thing about it. And when i was asking my question i wanted to know why girls like clothes in general."

Edited by Lore_Master

Jazz just smiled and then said, "Yeah I know but we'll just have to get used to them while here. My parents lived here for a time before going to the Air World and they told me about some of the Modern Worlder's customs and what some of the things were called." She nodded in understanding to what he said last and said, "We just like to look nice is all."

"Huh, so your parents lived in the modern world...Interesting" Said Mufasa as he gazed up into the sky, and felt slight drops of rain. He then sighed and said "Looks like it might rain soon...Oh well, i used to get wet by going though clouds...i miss those days."

Jazz nodded at his statement about her parents living in the Modern World and then patted his arm sympathetically saying in reply, "We'll be back there soon to fly through as many clouds as we want and get wet." She then also looked up at the sky as well as it started sprinkling and said, "It's so refreshing."

"It's not that simple" sighed Mufasa as he sat down and placed his back against the wall. "You don't have a Key, you don't understand what duties a Key keeper has and you don't understand what you have to sacrifice. When we first met you saw me as a carefree, fun loving youth who was always in trouble with the elders and adults. I knew one day i had to grow up and take responsibility." Mufasa looked down and said "I had tried to avoid that fact since i was fourteen, the age when i received the key. But when i saved Myf from the earth world and she mentioned the threat of the Metal Weavers, one of my duties is to protect the Air World, so i had no choice but to grow up." Mufasa then went silent as the rain began to come down.

Edited by Lore_Master

Jazz sat next to him against the wall and listened to everything that he said. She let all that he had just said settle in her mind before she said anything stupid or careless. She was silent for a few minutes before saying, "You're right; I'm not a Key keeper. I do, however, understand that you must protect everyone in the Air World and help out other Key holders in need like Myf once was before you helped her out. I, too, have responsibilities although they're not as great as yours. I have to do chores and make sure that Erin is fed everyday. If she's sick, I take care of her; same with my parents if they're sick." She looked up as the rain fell earnestly and reveled in the downpour, liking how the rain fell on her hair and getting her soaked.

Edited by SkySong278

Mufasa nodded, he closed his eyes and let the rain envelop him. He opened his eyes and saw people running instead of walking. That made him smile, since he was surprised that people in the Modern world were afraid of rain. "Thanks Jasmine, i just needed to say something..." Said Mufasa as he looked at Jasmine, he felt five pounds lighter by saying something. His mind returned to Antha when he heard thunder, he guessed that they had about six hours before the storm passes.

Ruu listened intently to Beatrice's offer. This day was rapidly turning into the best day of all time! Having somewhere to stay, and get to spend time with a dragon. A high-class one at that. It felt like it was all too good to be true...!

The girl hesitated when the woman mentioned her parents. If they gave permission. That was the catch.

She played with her hand, thinking of what to do now. She'd already been away from Them for a week. There was no way she wanted to go back, despite her missing the things she left behind such as her nicer clothes, gadgets and toy birds. And a pair of costume wings she wore once to school when she was little. Her brothers would lead her to--

NO. Don't remember anything anymore. Stop it.

The girl nodded her head, her darkened expression now hidden behind a grateful smile.

"I'd love to! I'm not sure where my parents are at the moment, though." And I don't want to. She gripped the hem of her shorts as if they could comfort her. She almost felt like telling the truth, but she knew all too well what would happen if she did.

"Oh!" Beatrice had not expected that. She felt somewhat at a loss. How could the girl not know where her parents where? It would have frightend her if she were in her shoes. But she had no buisness critizing other peoples families.

What to do now was the question.

"Well, I clearly can't keep you here while your parents don't know about it. They will believe I have kidnapped you otherwise." She said, twirling some of her hair around her finger to help her think. "What if I bring you back to where I found you, you can go home and tell your parents once they return? We could meet tomorrow at the same place during the same time and then you can tell me if they allow it." Beatrice blinked as a different thought presented itself. "How silly of me! I could just bring you home and wait with you."

((I've awarded the last key! It seemed a bit normal to give the upper class the key, so I gave it to Ruu, because it may have some 'special' powers to do things with your wings *hint hint*))

(( No-one answered my question.. So is Ruu supposed to already have this key or does she get given it? Or does she find it randomly?))

Ruu's eyes widened, listening to Beatrice's last idea. She felt strangely guilty - as if she should go Home. She reminded herself that Home wasn't somewhere she wanted to be. This "Home" was scary now. The girl looked away and tried to think of something else to say; So long as this woman didn't know about what was going on. But Ruu was rapidly running out of excuses.

"I think the first idea m,may be better.." She stumbled over her words, "We could meet at the birder's platform like we did today."

(( Isn't that decision up to you? ))

Beatrice's eyes were full of questions, but she nodded. "If that is what you want, Ruu. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable."

Beatrice had no idea why Ruu did not want her to meet her parents. She had a high opinion about herself. But some people thought in strange ways. Maybe it was because she was one of the nobles. Whatever it was Beatrice would not go where she was not welcome. "Do you want to leave now, or would you like to explore the mountain a little longer?"

(( I.. Don't know.... ._. ))

"Thanks, Is it ok if I look around a bit longer?" Ruu sighed in relief that Beatrice didn't demand to meet her parents or anything. She bent down and picked up a stone, throwing it up into the air and then catching it with her other hand. A real rock..! Like the ones she's seen in shops sometimes. She looked back at the woman, her face curious.

"Unless you need to be somewhere.. What kind of job to you have?" Several variations of high-class jobs flashed through the girl's mind. Dragon-trainer was among them, but Ruu wasn't sure.

Edited by Sparkeycat

((You should write him a pm then))

"A job?" Beatrice asked a little horrified. She would never dirty her hands with something like that. "I am managing my estate, make sure the managers, who take care of buisness for my siblings, do not cheat them and go on dipolomatic missions for my brother the duke, but I fear I don't have a job. At least not in the sense that I am doing this to earn money."

She looked at the white dragon. "Recently I have been spending a lot of time with Snowpearl, usually from midday to evening trying to find useful things for her to do. So I have not made any plans. We can stay here as long as you like."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Ruu took a moment for her mind to process the long words Beatrice had said before answering.

"That's so nice of you to do that for free," Ruu wished she could be that helpful. Back at home, she'd only help if--

Shut up. Shut UP!

Ruu looked at the ground, wishing she had some way of switching off the thoughts of home in her head. Her face seemed confused as she attempted to regain her calm face. The girl gave a cough and then reached out to pet Snowpearl. Compared to the pictures of dragons she'd seen before, this really was a beautiful creature. And a happy one.

((Failpost ))

Edited by Sparkeycat

Mufasa nodded, he closed his eyes and let the rain envelop him. He opened his eyes and saw people running instead of walking. That made him smile, since he was surprised that people in the Modern world were afraid of rain. "Thanks Jasmine, i just needed to say something..." Said Mufasa as he looked at Jasmine, he felt five pounds lighter by saying something. His mind returned to Antha when he heard thunder, he guessed that they had about six hours before the storm passes.

"You're welcome," Jazz replied with a smile as she turned her attention to him and then turned it back to the rain. She giggled a little bit as she saw the people running to get into shelters from the rain and said thoughtfully, "My parents said that the people of this world don't like to get wet and that's why they run to find shelter from it. It's funny and odd to us since those of us in the Air World like getting wet but different opinions and customs and all that jazz." She heard the thunder too and wondered if Antha and Erin were okay hiding in the storm and hoped that they hadn't been spotted.

(Since my last post was like... on page ten, and it's getting to be about page 20.

I'm going to withdraw from the rp - I can't continue being this far out of the loop and not having any interaction with anyone else. I wouldn't be able to rp with ya'll.

Thanks for havin' me. :3 )

((Awww...sorry to see you go. I've been having trouble keeping up with the RP, and it's kinda weird being in my own loop instead of interacting. It's kinda nice though: my character will have to interact in this post, and I'm not looking forward to it.))

Finally, finally, the rough shallowed and the sand rose to meet her feet. Energetic as she was, exciting as her adventure was, she barely found the strength to swim another stroke. She lay facedown on the sand, her face barely out of the water as the waves lapped in and out, in and out, splashing around her body and cooling the sands....

The sun beat down on her worn frame, and the hot sticky moisture woke her. Groggy from the unexpected nap, Kay pushed herself up and blinked blearily, then sat roughly on the wet sand. The sun was lower in the sky, and the trees cast shadows across her body where before was only cruel sunlight. She blinked again. 'The sooner I get out of this cursed sunshine, the better. Shards, but it's bright.'

Resigned, Kay staggered upright, shaking sand from her boots and pants. The water swirled in the shallow part of the sea, even though it should have been still, for no current could traverse dry land. The birds were strangely silent here: for that, Kay was grateful.

As she approached the Tri-Water, the sky and water darkened and thunder threatened. The wind whipped her clothing and hair stung her face, but she pressed on. Sand yielded under her feet, and she stumbled often. But the fate of her world depended on her ability, her determination, and her pride, even if they didn't know it yet.

The water glowed eerily, swirling in contrast to the wild leaden clouds in the still-darkening sky. Standing at the edge of the sand, Kay clutched her key, and breathed a prayer.

((DF if you decide to reconsider we could send one of the metall world sisters your way to keep you company. *cough* Though I fear your charakter might not be all that happy about it, it would make things interesting. I admit, I dislike having my own characters interact, that's a little like talking to myself. ))

Snowpearl gave a sound from her throat that definitly sounded like a purr and presented one of her ears to Ruu, hoping it would get scratched.

"Deviant!" Beatrice accused the dragon, but a slight smile was on her lips. "Be on your guard with that one, Ruu." She told the girl. "Snowpearl will do her best to make you spoil her."

She closed her eyes and inhaled the thin air. It wasn't the most comfortable spot in Cloud World, but it was very quiet and peaceful. She cherished that.

((If you don't have anything planned for your trip on the mountain shall we move this forward?))

((Sure ^^))

Ruu looked back at Beatrice, biting her cheek to stop herself from laughing as she scratched Snowpearl's ear. The view was nice up here, but it was starting to get late.. She tried to think of somewhere to stay tonight, a place to get food. She needed to get this planned before it got dark.

"Should we get going soon? I know, I'm sorry. I know I said I wanted to stay longer, but.."

((lol. with two suns its not getting dark, remember? I almost wrote dusk in my last post, but that wouldn't happen. Evening though can be to the time period before sleeping right?))

"Don't worry Ruu. We'll have plenty of time to explore." Beatrice said. "Climb on Snowpearls back and we'll have brought you back in no time." On impulse Beatrice collected a glittering quarzstone and gave it to Ruu. "Here, take that with you, so you can show your parents where you have been today." She smiled.

Edited by Laura-Lana

((Said nothing 'bout it being dark xd.png ))

"Tha-Thankyou!"

Ruu held the stone in both hands, admiring it with a fond smile. It was an extremely pretty stone, and Ruu hoped that she wouldn't have to part with it. She put it in her pocket for safekeeping before clambering onto Snowpearl's back. The girl did her best to keep her shoes away from the dragon's feather-like fur, not wanting to dirty it.

"okay, I'm on."

(( Nearly nothing wink.gif "She needed to get this planned before it got dark."))

Beatrice spread her wings and with a sigh of pure joy sored into the sky. Purepearl followed her. The white dragons tail whipping around happily, but her flight was rock steady. Snowpearl kept gazing back to her rider as if she wanted to make sure that Ruu was still there and comfortable. She was a dreamer, but it didn't mean she lacked the intelligence one could usually find in dragons. She knew exactly that Ruu would injure herself badly, if she didn't take care now, so for the first time in her life the dragon actually concentrated.

Finally they landed and Ruu could climb from the dragon. Beatrice gave her a friendly wave and reminded her to be there tomorrow, then she and Snowpearl returned home.

(( <.< >.> .... Quiet, you xd.png So.. How do they sleep if it's never dark? blink.gif Unless the suns are placed so that there is a short period of darkness whilst they cross over... or something... laugh.gif))

Ruu waved goodbye as the two left, then looked around. It was the near the darkest time of the "night" already, and she quickly scurried off to find somewhere to sleep.

The lack of night-time was probably why the residents of cloud-world were so dreamy all the time. Lack of proper sleep. She mused this as she arrived at a play-park for children. Sitting on a bench, the girl watched as the kids were led away by over-protective mothers, giving Ruu disapproving looks simply because she was a teenager.

I hate that stigma! I'm a teenager but that doesn't mean I beat people up.. If only those people knew..

Ruu sighed, then looked around suspiciously in case anyone she knew was near. There wasn't, and the girl let herself relax, curling up on the park-bench and holding her arms for warmth. She'd need it for the few hours of dimness that Cloudworld got.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tarak, Ruu's eldest brother got off the Skybus. He cracked his knuckles and prepared himself for another night of searching. He doubted his sister would be here - Ruu probably had no interest in Birding towns such as this one. The only way he knew that the girl may be here was because of what the Skybus driver told him.

Tarak had always prided himself on being an elite flyer, but this place was too far from home, and he wasn't sure how he'd get there, what with the clouds moving constantly. Skybus was the way to go. Even with the many old people and crying babies who were now unable to fly.

In a strange way, the 26 year old almost approved of Ruu's escape. She'd left to keep herself safe, but put herself in more danger by doing so (The stupid brat). That was why he was looking for her. His younger brother and father were searching for the child in other cities and towns. Their mother... She hadn't joined the search yet.

He passed a bar, frowning when drunken men tumbled out from it's doors, their wings ruffled. Tarak always kept his white wings clean. He'd need them if he wanted to continue the family business. He listened to one of the men's drunken slurs, about going somewhere or another to rest a bit in a nearby park. What kind of idiot would go rest at a park?

He kicked pebble and continued to search through the shopping district. Maybe Ruu was shopping there?