Hiei101

Final Fantasy

That's a major hate factor for people isn't it? The way the monsters got stronger along with Squall in FF8? Personally I was okay with it, since if you junctioned things right you could still get one hit kills on a regular basis.

I thought it was based on the party's average, not just Squall? I remember reading somewhere that someone kept Squall as low as possible but grinded (ground?) everyone else and the monsters were still hard.

Would be way too easy to break the game if it was just Squall.

Though, I do think it would be a pretty cool system if it was used in a game that took place in someone's head. I thought of X at first and then I went "wait no nvm, that was a flashback not a dream". /derp

I don't really know, as I leveled pretty much everyone together.

Thank you Odin, for taking out those Malboro when I always needed you to.

Random thought ~ I wonder if Lightning will still have him?

That's a major hate factor for people isn't it? The way the monsters got stronger along with Squall in FF8? Personally I was okay with it, since if you junctioned things right you could still get one hit kills on a regular basis.

I was actually fine with it, too. I'm just mentioning it, as in FF8 grinding was essentially worthless (my level 100 game plays almost the same as my level 28 game), whereas in FF:Tactics (or most other FF's, for that matter) grinding your levels super high makes the game stupid easy. smile.gif

Because in FF8, levels don't really matter - it's your junctions that count. tongue.gif

I don't like super easy in FF games. I don't mind if fights drag out as long as 1) they are not timed and 2) worth it reward wise.

My favorite leveling system is actually in FF:Tactics. Because the job system rocks, the learning system is so versatile you can literally make whatever you desire, and it rewards you for grinding (unlike FF8, which just says 'ha, you grind so I make your monsters tougher').

I'm with ya here. I'm not a huge fan of the system in FF8 either.

I don't like super easy in FF games. I don't mind if fights drag out as long as 1) they are not timed and 2) worth it reward wise.

What time did you usually pick for Ifrit in 8?

What time did you usually pick for Ifrit in 8?

Shortest possible smile.gif And then timed it that he was done with his whiny little 'I lost' speech at the .5 second point. Always went for top SeeD marks. tongue.gif I likez da munie.

Shortest possible smile.gif And then timed it that he was done with his whiny little 'I lost' speech at the .5 second point. Always went for top SeeD marks. tongue.gif I likez da munie.

I never picked the lowest time. D: Always used 20 minutes. Usually took about 16-17. I spent a lot of time Drawing though.

Same here.

I also managed to kill the robot spider on my second run through the game, although I missed seeing it being taken out with a machine gun.

Same here.

I also managed to kill the robot spider on my second run through the game, although I missed seeing it being taken out with a machine gun.

I got caught fighting that thing like half a dozen times and I don't think I ever fully killed it.

I have played 10, 10-2, 12 and 13 but have never finished any of them sad.gif .

Good thing I like them then biggrin.gif Ha Ha Ha

Good luck. I've played 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 10-2, 12, 13, TA, and dissidia.

beat 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 10-2, 12, and that's it. Soon to be 7.

I just got FF3 and...I don't get it. The characters aren't custom, you can't save, if you die you have to start all over again?

dry.gif

Well, there's always Kingdom Hearts to try next...

Edited by Cxisbest

o.O You can't save in FF3? /has never played it

Mrrr.. At some point I really need to actually get off my lazy arse and finish Reunion Files. :U Been a month or two since I got it and I'm not even halfway through it yet |D /fail

And. DoC. Why will you not play on my computer when it says on the box that you can be played on the computer. wat.

I just got FF3 and...I don't get it. The characters aren't custom, you can't save, if you die you have to start all over again?

dry.gif

Well, there's always Kingdom Hearts to try next...

You can save outside a dungeon.

And. DoC. Why will you not play on my computer when it says on the box that you can be played on the computer. wat.

What kind of computer do you have? lol.

What kind of computer do you have? lol.

An HP Compaq Presario CQ61 laptop. :U With a nice big screen and everything o3o

And my computer seems to hate DoC. MRRR. NOT FAIR. I'll figure it out sooner or later, I just don't feel like making my little bro drag out his PS2 so I can play it. Plus I'm stingy and do't feel like letting him play |D

Have any of you played FF IX? I found it on the playstation store and am wondering if it's worth buying.

Yes but what about IX?

IX is quite good, provided you can get past the first 30 minutes (the beginning bores me to tears, but the rest of the game ROCKS). The card game in it is poo, though - I'm one of those sick people that loves Triple Triad, however, so my opinion of Tetra Master should be taken with a grain of salt. However, the card game in IX gives you nothing of real worth - it's just there as a side game and time waster.

I will say though that Kuja is an AWESOME villain. He can smack Sephiroth with his dirty thong any day of the week. xd.png At least Kuja accomplishes something as a villain and doesn't just impotently throw rocks that never hit their target. tongue.gif Laaaaame.

I'd recommend picking up IX if you can get it for a decent price (which isn't hard, as it wasn't insanely popular). It is a quality game. And the references to earlier games make me giggle. And Garnet isn't supremely annoying. Zidane is pretty darned lovable. And Vivi is Vivi, meaning he's extraordinarily cool. smile.gif

Edit: I apparently can't spell the word 'and' anymore. Sheesh.

Edited by Wends

IX is quite good, provided you can get past the first 30 minutes (the beginning bores me to tears, but the rest of the game ROCKS). The card game in it is poo, though - I'm one of those sick people that loves Triple Triad, however, so my opinion of Tetra Master should be taken with a grain of salt. However, the card game in IX gives you nothing of real worth - it's just there as a side game and time waster.

I will say though that Kuja is an AWESOME villain. He can smack Sephiroth with his dirty thong any day of the week. xd.png At least Kuja accomplishes something as a villain and doesn't just impotently throw rocks that never hit their target. tongue.gif Laaaaame.

I'd recommend picking up IX if you can get it for a decent price (which isn't hard, as it wasn't insanely popular). It is a quality game. And the references to earlier games make me giggle. And Garnet isn't supremely annoying. Zidane is pretty darned lovable. And Vivi is Vivi, meaning he's extraordinarily cool. smile.gif

Edit: I apparently can't spell the word 'and' anymore. Sheesh.

I can deal. After all what good is the game if you can't sit back and waste a few minutes. tongue.gif

I actually knew about vivi before any of the others. It's funny actually. I owned 8 and 10 at the time and bought KH 2 and saw her. It was quite funny.

Anyways I'm buying it on the playstation store. $10.

Vivi is male o3o

I liked FF9 too, but I found Zidane nearly as annoying as Tidus.

MY PS2 refuses to play 9. >:| I'll have to try again when I have a TV.