rainface

Hatchlings

((I am approved! I am on mobile right now, so please excuse me for any typos))

Tulvir had climbed all day! Panting, he saw a cave. "Oh! Cave!" He could rest his feet. His white feet. As he climbed up, panting, he spotted the "head" of his mark. "If I were a GoN, I could walk up and stride in with power! Not like i would stop, though" he muttered to himself. The Royal Blue had soon finally reached the cave. Panting, he slowly dragged himself in while trying to regain energy. When he finally stood up, his wings drooped, and he longed for sleep. He decided to explore the cave. After all, hunters could see him if he slept at the mouth of the cave. When he walked in deeper, he saw a dragon working with a crystal thingy. Tulvir qiuetly walked next to the dragon. He tried not to get noticed, and he was pretty successful until...

Ah-ah CHOO!!

Tulvir sneezed.

Tulvir braced himself, waiting for the dragon to respond.

<OOC: Well, looks like I didn't miss anything much. Yay~

I'm a little confused of who's where, though. Hope I get it right.>

user posted image

Sky Shiner just listened as the conversation went on. Indeed, the lack of fresh water was certainly a problem. They'd have to fix that. He didn't really have any productive solutions in mind at the moment so he just kept silent. However, when Quorran came out of nowhere, sputtering news of trouble...Galletian? Wasn't that the Sunstone who'd crash-landed with that egg on his back?... Now what? Sky tensed as a sudden thought struck him. "Don't tell me..." Sky wanted to ask outright if Evil Crusher was there but the way Quorran was panting stopped him. He'd probably run a long way if it had taken him a night to reach them. No use bombarding the Bright-Breasted Wyvern with too many questions at once.

"Calm down. Breathe," he said matter-of-factly. He couldn't help sounding so curt, it came naturally to speak to his companions like that by now. It wasn't like he was the mother hen of the group. Well...he usually avoided talking mainly because he felt shy or awkward or he just didn't want to, but that was beside the point.

"What happened?" he questioned patiently, as soon as Quorran had caught his breath.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Baltia watched from a tiny niche in the wall. When Mihari ran headfirst into the wall, she couldn't help herself. She burst out laughing, and tumbled out of her niche, cluching her belly with her wings. "So... Funny... Can't breathe..." she gasped, between peals of laughter. The purple lines on her wings were showing, snd she knew it, but the dragon running into the wall was too funny. She was so busy laughing that she didn't notice Raven's nonsense sentence.

Eventually, she found her feet and directed her bright green eyes onto the two other dragons. "You should've seen the looks on your faces," she grinned. "Priceless! Anyway, I'm Baltia. Dark Myst Pygmy. I've been tailing you for a while." Her grin widened as she remembered Mihari's noise as Baltia bit her tail. "I think this is the first time I've ever been found, but then again nobody ran into a wall trying to find me before." Once again, she erupted into a fit of giggles. "Faceplanted..." was the only intelligible word that she said.

((Baltia is so fun to play! I should have thought of her earlier! I have literally been laughing out loud for the past five minutes... Just because you faceplanted into a wall... xd.png))

Edited by Zeditha

((I'll use a bit of a time dilation to get around it the gaping hole I left by not responding to Quorran with Zeditha. Sorry about that.))

Excuse you. -Zeditha said nonchalantly. She'd picked up on the newcomer's presence a while ago, but figured to wait and see what he'd do. He seemed timid, somehow. Still, first impressions were usually a bad thing to judge one by.

A royal blue, of all things. -she added, just as nonchalantly. It was curious that one of his kind was up all the way where they'd settled, even more so during the daytime. So, a name and a reason for your being here would be n... hey, what's going on out there? -Zeditha cut her sentence short when she caught onto the commotion outside. Brushing past the newcomer, she walked outside and spotted Quorran. He looked no worse for ware at first glance, but very concerned, to say the least.

Stepping up, Zeditha glanced around the group, then asked loudly.

What happened?!

Edited by Brotato

((Er... Who did she walk into? Sorry, I'm not 100% sure exactly where everyone is.))

Tulvir was just about to answer the dragon's question when she had been distracted by something and walked out. Uh, hi, my name is Tulvir, and I thought this cave was empty, so I wanted to rest here. What's you-" He was cut short by seeing that he ran right in front of a group. He felt the stares burning onto his blue scales. Great. I am embarrasing myself! Tulvir tried to make himself look smaller, and tried to make it look like he wouldn't harm them. Not very hard, for he had no means of fighting. He waited for a dragon to respond.

Quorran took a deep breath, trying not to get irritated and possibly yell directly at the shy hatchling. "That Sunstone's worried himself sick, that's what." he said, equally blunt. Zeditha was distracted by Torque so Quorran leaned closer, making it easier to hear him over the other dragons. "His egg hatched and next thing you know he's on the ground again, except this time he ain't comin' around. He's alive but I don't think Artemis—"

"What happened?!"

Quorran looked up at Zeditha, then at the Royal Blue who answered by addressing himself. Finally, Quorran dropped his wings to the ground and threw his head back in frustration. "We don't have time for this!" he groaned, "I came all the way here to inform you that your friend is dying! But go ahead and chat will ya!" Feeling a breeze, Quorran appeared to immediately remember where he was and crossed his wings across his chest, shivering violently. "This is no place for a Bright-Breasted Wyvern..." he muttered.

((Crunched for time but I'll reply to Enzy soon, that's a promise. If you're new: Quorran is red instead of green.))

Edited by Booo

Zeditha gritted her teeth in frustration. This Wyvern was getting on her nerves with his sass, and his inability to bare even the slightest bit of cold. If no one else was around, Zeditha would have done something violent on the spot, but she was not alone. Others were watching, and she deemed it in her best interest to be as tolerant as she could be.

Get inside and get warm then. -she stated bluntly and gestured to Quorran to enter the cave.

And stop sassing me and do this "friend" a favor by giving me all the details, already! -she added, half-growling. Great, more rescuing had to be done.

Still, it was probably going to be worth the effort. They were growing quickly in numbers, and the more of them there are, the safer they will all be together.

What's going on, what's all this yelling for? Hey, you two look familiar, somehow. -Torque blurted out when he ran into the group and spotted Quorran and Tulvir.

More stragglers, apparently.

More? Sheesh, at this rate we'll be a clan by the end of the week! Can't this guy just show them the way? He obviously got here, I mean...

They're in trouble. That's why he's here. We haven't gotten to the details yet.

Oh... I see.

Edited by Brotato

Tulvir watched this all. A clan? What clan? There was a clan? Of assorted dragons? He was interested. "So, um...hi..." Tulvir wasn't entierly sure on what was going on. He looked at his paws. He shifted, then wondered how the others would react. Hi didnt know about the bright breasted Wyvern, but he loved the cold. "What do you do in a clan?"

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

((Focusing on one dragon at a time for now.))

"Sssh! Friend sleeping!" Quinn whispered. She was older than Enzy but spoke with simpler words so Enzy could understand. She gently climbed over her caregivers tail and approached Enzy with a smile. "Me, Quinn." she introduced. Her evening blue scales glittered in the sun's rays, beckoning the early morning. "Getting hungry, you? Food here somewhere."

Edited by Booo

((Given up with coloring. Too many colors to keep track of.))

Enzy nodded. Lowering her voice, she said quietly, "Hi. I'm Enzy. And I can speak normal, some reason... Maybe it's from my brother." She had slept touching her brother and had weird dreams she didn't really remember, and she had woken up with a slight headache, as if she hadn't slept at all, and spent all the night cramming her mind with new things. Maybe her brother had given her new knowledge through her dreams. She considered telling Quinn this, but she didn't really know how. Suddenly, coordinates flashed through her mind, but only for a second. She couldn't make them out. Then, just as suddenly as they had appeared, they disappeared. Removed from her mind. But she could still see them. They were...

She couldn't tell. But she knew they were there. She ignored it for now.

She noticed her tail was still on her brother. She removed it and the coordinates disappeared. All her knowledge was retained, though.

Baltia remained in a bowing position, waiting for a response, but her green eyes flicked upwards. What's the hold up?

At the sound of faint giggling, Raven gave up and slammed her head against her paw, groaning slightly. How am I supposed to try and play along with a prank if the prankster starts laughing? Quickly realizing how strange she must look to poor Mihari, she lifted her head back up and explained, "I didn't know that you knew that it was a dragon that dropped that rock on my head. I was trying to prank you by tricking you into thinking the crystals had caused it."

She nodded when he asked for her help with finding the prankster. "Yep. I saw her earlier! She's a black Pygmy with some purple. What breed is tha-" Before she could finish her sentence, the little dragon tumbled to the ground in front of them, literally rolling on the ground in laughter. Her cute voice and bubbly laughter was infectious, and Raven started laughing along too. I must have missed Mihari faceplanting into a wall when I facepalmed. Oh, what a funny sight that would have been!

She took a deep breath, recovered herself and said, "Hey Baltia! I'm Raven, and this is Mihari! We just got here yesterday, so we don't really know anyone. Zeditha didn't mention you, so are you new too?"

((Ok. This is a little strange... I had Raven say that last line because she was playing along with Balthia in pranking Mihari, but since he reacted before... Oh well. I'll see what I can do to get this to make sense.))

Edited by Frostee

((How is this for Rimaline's new talking colour? It doesn't really fit a white dragon, but it seems to fit her personality.))

Zeditha's barely-veiled irritation and the Bright-Breasted Wyvern's urgency cause anxiety for Rimaline. She was just starting to relax (other than worrying about the water problem) but the constant busyness of this general area was quite a change from the isolation that she had endured for the past few weeks before now.

Even though Rimaline could not imagine meeting even more dragons, yet another hatchling stumbled across the area outside the cave. This one was named Tulvir, and he was a Royal Blue dragon with white paws. He seemed friendly enough.

Although Rimaline was alarmed by the news that the Bright-Breasted Wyvern had brought, she decided that she wouldn't really be much of a help staying here outside.

It's not like I can even understand what's going on, much less speak or do something, she thought.

Tulvir's voice interrupted her thoughts. "What do you do in a clan?" he inquired.

Well, maybe she could show Tulvir around, then get the gist of the conversation later. "Um, well, it's not really a clan," Rimaline said. Glancing over at Zeditha, she continued nervously. "Maybe I can show you to the inside of the cave and introduce you to some of the other hatchlings, Tulvir? If that's okay with you, Zeditha. But I guess we can all go inside..." Rimaline's voice trailed off. She wasn't sure what the adult dragons wanted to do.

Tulvir was confused. Not a clan? That guy had mentioned becoming a clan! "O-okay...going inside would be nice. I originally came looking for a rest....can I join you guys in your adventures?" That was something that got Tulvir's tail wagging fast. Could these other hatchlings become...the family I never had? He faintly remembered a purple figure looking at him.

The family I never had....

"I mean, only if you are willing to have me along....I understand if you don't..." Tulvir wanted anything but to annoy the living crap out of these others. His tail stopped wagging and his wings drooped. Of course, this wasn't noticed, for his wings had been drooping all day.

Baltia nodded happily. "Sorry if I hurt anyone," she said, in a more serious voice. "I live for the laughter. Nothing worth living for if you can't laugh!" With another giggle, she hopped into the air and did a flying backflip. "Anyway, hi. Anything important going on?"

"...So may you help me find them?" Mihari asked Raven before he noticed the pygmy was laughing. Annoyed, Mihari looked over to the direction of the laughter to see that they had fallen out of their hiding place laughing. Mihari was about to say something before Raven answered his request for help. Obviously, she didn't notice that the other dragon rolled onto the floor laughing until she began asking what breed she was. Even though she didn't finish her sentence, Mihari tried to think of what the pygmy was. Isn't it... Dark something...? Oh, I can't even remember... Suddenly, Raven also burst out laughing at something, but what? Mihari at first thought the Pygmy was up to something again, but now Raven was laughing too. Did I miss something? What are they- oh. Mihari silently thought in embarrassment. He again noticed the pain in his head, but it wasn't too bothersome. How can that be humorous? I didn't seem very funny to me. All I did was run headfirst into... hah, a wall. Hah ha hahh! Headfirst! Mihari too, began laughing at himself.

She introduced herself as Baltia, a Dark Myst Pygmy. Oh, that's it! Mihari thought. "I think this is the first time I've ever been found, but then again nobody ran into a wall trying to find me before." Baltia said to them. Again, she had starting giggling now, and Mihari did too, a little less this time. When their laughter had finally stopped, Raven went ahead and introduced themselves to Baltia.

"Sorry if I hurt anyone," Baltia said nodding. "I live for the laughter. Nothing worth living for if you can't laugh!" she said, doing a backflip in the air. "Anyway, hi. Anything important going on?"

"It's fine. Actually it was pretty funny," Mihari said. "I don't think so, but I hear something going on outside. I was going to go out there anyway," he continued. "Want to come with me?"

((Sorry if the timing is off, but it was the best I could make it.))

user posted image

Sky Shiner ignored the unnecessary conversations going around him and focused on what Quorran was saying. Alright, so Galletian was worrying, probably because of his egg...hatching. Well, that was unexpected. And he was now dying? That was definitely a problem. They had only met once, briefly, but Sky doubted that Crusher was going to let anyone die under his watch. Speaking of Crusher...should they let him know of the current situation? He was injured enough as it was, he didn't need any of the extra burdens of having to take care of any of them at the moment. On the other wing, he may know what to do. Crusher was the oldest out of all them, after all. Then again...Zeditha was rather knowledgeable as well. She would be of much use, were she to follow Quorran back to the scene of the problem. No one had mentioned informing Crusher of their current circumstances so Sky decided not to bring it up. It would be better for Crusher to lay back and take a break for a while.

Ah well. For the moment, it seemed that he had nothing to say or do. Zeditha was already inquiring for details so that was done. Sky's ears twitched irritably as he overheard Rimaline and a strange voice converse almost as if nothing urgent was going on - wait, a strange voice? Sky turned his head over his shoulder, eyes narrowing warily at the new Royal Blue. Another stranger? Perfect, just what they needed. Not. This was not the best timing to have another random dragon to just waltz in and ask to to be friends with them. Shooting a stone-cold, half-lidded glare at the Royal Blue, Sky returned his attention back to Zeditha and Quorran. While Galletian and he may only be mere acquaintances, he didn't feel like wasting any more time standing around like a fool.

<OOC: Forgive me if this was rubbish. xd.png My brain feels fried. Oh, what school can do to you.>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Baltia jumped again and hovered in the air. "Sure!" she said, flying out of the cave. "Try and catch me!" As she went outside, she found a shadow and hid in it, flying closer to the other dragons. A small cluster of pebbles caught her eye, and she picked one of them up. Perfect. She threw it at the closest dragon, then hopped out of sight.

Quorran wasn't shivering as much now but it was still apparent he wouldn't stick around outside much longer. "Well now that I have your attention..." he said bitterly, "Galletian is unconscious and Artemis is unable to wake him. I suggest you and someone willing go fetch him and his daughter. It's a long way back but I doubt you lot can think up a better idea!"

~~~

Quinn was a little surprised by how fast Enzy was learning to speak, but it sounded like she still had a ways to go.

"Your brother must speak lots. Come, lets eat."

Quinn led Enzy around Galletian to where a pile of plants and insects lay. "Those are for you." she said, pointing to some beetles that Artemis had found under a rotting log.

Edited by Booo

A long way back where?! -Zeditha barely held back her urge to bare her teeth and give Quorran a good smack upside the head for good measure.

Calm down. -Torque interjected, glancing between Zeditha and Quorran.

I can find them, preferably without directions, in fact. I have my own guidance system. -he stated confidently.

Really...? And what might that oh-so flawless "guidance system" be. -Zeditha retorted skeptically.

She'd had enough shenanigans for one day, and the day had only just begun, to boot.

Torque simply gave her a knowing look, then tapped his nose.

You can't fool this. I can pick up scents from within fifty clicks of here. I'll follow what this one left behind. -he stated, just as confidently.

Clicks? -was all Zeditha could ask. What the hell was a "click"?

Whiptail thing. Look, I'll take care of it. I've been itching to go for a nice long run anyway. Besides, I'm faster on land then you are in the air.

And what if he wants to go with you? -Zeditha gestured towards Quorran.

He'd be slowing me down. I think? -Torque said, looking back at the wyvern, then towards Zeditha.

I can't imagine he could keep up, being this drawn for breath. Look, just let me go.

You know this is a matter of fast response, and fast is, my thing. This is the most sensible option!

Zeditha paused for a moment, before placing one paw on her forehead and sighing deeply. Go. But watch yourself out there.

With a silent nod, Torque turned on the spot and dashed out of the cave, and out of sight, before anyone could utter another word.

Don't bother. -she spoke to Quorran, feeling more of his sass coming up.

That whiptail's probably half-way there by now. Stay within these walls where it's warm, or go out on your own, it doesn't concern me. I'm trying to build something great here. But if you're that bothered by a little cold, then you know where the exit is. Otherwise, I expect you to be on your feet and ready for duty by tomorrow morning. Help yourself to the food we have gathered. -Zeditha spoke coldly, her irritation clearly etched into every word she spoke to Quorran, as she turned and left him within the confines of Shatterpoint Peak to make his own decision about the path he'd take.

Walking outside, the Nhiostrife sat down and simply stared off into the horizon.

...what a spastic day.

Edited by Brotato

"Uh....." Tulvir felt a little akward. What was his place here? Did he belong here at all? Nobody seemed to pay attention to him as the Nhiostrife gave orders to the Whiptail. He looked down at his white feet. He knew a lot about the mountain area. Why not take him along? Well, then again, he just came, so he was still figuring things out. What was originally a rest became....this. Whatever he just walked in on, it was serious. He was just a random Royal Blue standing around as a dragon gave out orders and tried to create a clan. He felt a cold wind pick up. It calmed him down. He loved the mountain chill. He looked up to see the Nhiostrife sit down and look...wherever. Tulvir tiptoed over. Then he had to say something. "Hey, Uh...what's wrong? Anything I can do?" He approached with caution. The dragon was already ticked, and Tulvir didn't want to make it worse.

No... it's quite alright. I, somewhat trust, that klutz I just sent. -she replied calmly.

Tulvir, right? It's unfortunate you had to see all that. I'd feel out of place too if I had walked in during such a tense moment. -she explained, eyes still locked at that random spot in the horizon.

You're a straggler, like the rest. You seek refuge here, and you will have it. I've just one condition. You must earn your keep. You'll be doing that by performing tasks when asked, be that hunting for food, standing watch during the night, gathering certain supplies, aiding in reconstructive efforts, lending any knowledge you have of certain useful skills to teach the hatchlings and so on and so fourth.

Looking at the Royal Blue, she figured he couldn't do much harm on his own, and deserved the benefit of a bit of hospitality. After all, Zeditha knew they didn't lack space, so an inhabitant who's at least sensible enough to keep his head down around strangers didn't seem like a bad idea.

But, we'll discuss that later. There's food and warmth inside, make yourself at home. Heck, go talk to the Magi inside. He's had it rough and I'm sure he'd appreciate the company. His name is Crusher. Strange, I know. But I'm sure he'd like someone to talk to, and I'm not good at small talk. -she said, then looked back at the horizon, wondering if Torque had a lead on their trouble-stricken comrades yet.

Edited by Brotato

user posted image

Watching the Whiptail run off, Sky Shiner glanced at Zeditha, who simply sat and stared at the sunrise before conversing with the Royal Blue. Hearing the name Tulvir, Sky saved it into his mind for later; there was no reason for him to start introducing himself now. Not having a reason to start a conversation with Tulvir straight away was perfectly fine with him. Sky stayed quiet and did not move from his position. Actually, now that he thought about it, it was indeed quite chilly. No wonder Quorran had been shivering. It wasn't that cold, though, not for him at least. Most Skywings' scales were developed to protect them against the cold since it tended to get quite chilly up in the air. His weren't quite as developed since he hadn't really had that much time in the air but they still shielded him from the cold somewhat.

Speaking of the air, Sky had been itching to go for another fly. Yeah, sure, he was still cautious after what had happened two nights ago but the flight to the cave yesterday had gone without any incident...surely, it was fine to fly as long as he lay low, right? Or what if Evil Crusher was waiting for him to do just that? Allowing them to fly just simply to boost his confidence and then strike when no one was looking? He shook the thought off his mind. This was no time to be thinking of flying. They still had a problem on their paws and he had to get his head straight. He still didn't have any helpful solutions in his mind, though (and when he did, he crossed them off as impossible. Building a water wheel would take days and they didn't have that luxury of time), so that was a nope. Maybe...

Thunk!

"Ow!" He yelped before he could stop himself. Shaken out of his train of thoughts, he rubbed the back of his head with a wing as he took up the pebble that had hit him from the ground with another. The bump on the back of his head wasn't that bad, probably wouldn't even bruise, but he was still annoyed. However, he kept a straight face on. He knew that the best part of pranks was the reaction of the victim. Oh, he would give a reaction alright. Turning his head around to look over his shoulder once more, he stared coldly at the general direction of the cave entrance, where he had guessed the pebble had come from. He didn't glare or anything, he simply stared, nothing but steely frost in his eyes. Then he turned his head away, straightening up to find Irah. Talking to her might be nice. Out of all of them, Irah was the one he felt closest to (which was still not that close but you get what I mean) mainly because she pestered him often but he did feel a little affection for her. He hadn't really talked to her much lately, perhaps this was a good time. He'd seen her go down the mountain path a little, shortly before Tulvir had arrived. Putting his snout to the air, he found her scent, following it to the dragon herself. Seeing her back to him, Sky stopped suddenly, the familiar, dreaded feeling of nervousness creeping up to him.

"H...hey," he spoke, slithering closer to the Copper hatchling. He wasn't really sure what to say. Why had he even considered doing this in the first place? Well, it was too late, he couldn't back out now.

<OOC: So...Sky got hit by a pebble! Yay~

Please tell me that I'm right about Irah going down the mountain path. •~•>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

As the whiptail set out to find Galletian, (whoever that was,) Rimaline watched the gathering of dragons disperse. Zeditha seemed to be fixated on some point on the horizon, and the new hatchling, Tulvir, timidly walked up to her and struck up a conversation. He must be pretty brave to go talk to her, especially when she's emitting such a negative vibe. Zeditha seemed to seethe with annoyance and frustration.

Interrupting Rimaline's thoughts, Sky suddenly exclaimed, "Ow!" Rimaline quickly whipped around to see him rub the back of his head. She opened her mouth to ask if he was okay, but shut it quickly. His expression was cold and emotionless. Why does everybody have to be so... unhappy around here? Rimaline thought, gloomy herself.

As Sky slithered off, Rimaline wondered who had thrown that rock. It couldn't have been Mihari; he didn't seem like the type to do that. Maybe Raven had thrown it? Rimaline stalked carefully towards the cave entrance, just in case there were more rocks in store.

((I was thinking that maybe Rimaline could meet Baltia here? Also, I did find the time to make a new post today. Yay! smile.gif ))