rainface

Hatchlings

Torque wouldn't have wanted to argue with a plan that involved him getting out of there... though he did feel a bit cowardly for running off and leaving Artemis to handle the rest of the work, he couldn't shake the oberwhelming sense of dread, and his headache was getting worse by the second.

Alright. -he stated simply, stomped on the ground and dashed off, at full speed towards Shatterpoint Peak. Thankfully, Enzy was in a decent enough position so as not to fall off, or have to abre the wind gushing past them. The headache passed, and the dread subsided as soon as Torque had left the area. What was causing that, anyway? He could only speculate.

Meanwhile, back where Artemis still resided, the unearthly noise quieted down a bit. But only just. Two hooded figures, remained consealed behind some large shrubs. They didn't look too pleased.

"There it goes... the only whiptail we've seen for months, and it just ran off. Fancy seing you explain this to the boss." -muttered one of the men, meeting the other's cold stare.

"Shut your big mough before I shut it for you. You're the bloody reason my mindbender charm failed. If you hadn't been distracting me with you ugly mug, we'd have ourselves a whiptail for expermimntation! Now pack up, we're goin back to camp." -growled the other.

"Like that? We're not taking the others for zombification?"

"We don't need more shambling corpses, and that's all they'll be after processing. Now, are you gonna keep asking stupid questions, or would you like me to send you out there to become those beasts' lunch for the day?!"

"Alright, alright..." -the other figure raised its hands in defeat. The two then vanished, as if into thin air, leaving only a cloud of purple mist in their wake.

With them, so faded the unearthly noise.

((How does a cult of dragon hunting necromacners sound? I'm sorry for not posing an attack, but I feel really under the eather right now, and might not reply as much. If I don't have the ability to reply quickly, then a fight scene would drag out excruciatingly so. I hope you can understand.))

Edited by Brotato

((I had a similar idea but for a different plot... maybe a subplot.

@ressamp I think it sounds alright but it might improve if you can find a way to respond to others without repeating what they're saying.))

Artemis sighed "The things I put up with..." and ran off after Torque. She didn't expect to catch up to him (with him being a Whiptail) but she knew he was headed straight for the mountains, that's where everyone was headed. Despite this, she still worried about the possibility of her and Galletian getting lost. She knew the forests quite well but she wasn't used to venturing this far north.

There wasn't a lot of water there, was there? Her long serpentine body allowed her to dodge obstacles with ease but she could go a lot faster while swimming. The thought reminded her of how thirsty she was becoming.

"No, not now. I'm sure Zeditha knows where there's water."

But Artemis wasn't really sure how much longer she could go without it, she was a Shimmer-scale after all.

Edited by Booo

((I knew I was forgetting something! Is everyone inside? @Dream She heard Tulvir but it doesn't matter.))

Irah wasn't in a rush to get back to the cave so she followed behind Sky at a leisurely pace, her cheerful smile still present. Once there she looked around but there didn't appear to be anyone outside. "Well I guess the excitement is over."

Irah could see Quorran inside from where she stood. He appeared to be examining something bright pink with jagged edges.

"I'll go ask him who it was." she said, already walking towards the entrance. The voice, however, wasn't the only thing she was curious about now.

It'd been a while since Torque had departed from that hellish place of mental anguish. He didn't want to delve on it, all he wanted was to get away. Despite the trip taking only mere minutes for him, even with a passenger, somehow it felt like well over an hour. Well over an hour of silence and worry. A kind of concern that blocked out almost every other thought of his. He felt almost... responsible, in a way. As if he'd dome something wrong, but he hadn't. Had he? What did he do? He followed his instincts and ran away. Ran away and... and left Artemis there to face whatever that thing was by herself.

What a strange and alien feeling this was. It was bad, but he'd never had issues with leaving someone behind before. Torque was then quickly reminded that he mustn't let his mind wonder when he nearly crashed into a tree, making a sharp die to the right moments before the collision. Gah! Focus! Focus! Stupid stupid stupid! -he gave himself a mental slap and blocked those nagging feelings out for now.

Minutes later, they'd arrived at Shatterpoint Peak. The familiar cold and thin air felt like hell for Torque, but it was a hell he was willing to put up with for the sake of safety.

Grinding to a halt right in front of the entrance, leaned down and let Enzy simply slide down his back and onto the ground.

This is it. I'd give you the grand tour, but I've more dragons to bring here. The chief, or someone else might be around. Take care. -he said, then stomped on the ground and dashed off in his typical manner, down the swiveling path into the lowlands and back towards the last place he wanted to go. But in between the probability of a headache, and Zeditha's anger, he figured he was stuck between a rock and a hard place either way.

=======================================

Being doused with freezing cold water was not a pleasant experience, and for Zeditha it was akin to being covered in boiling oil. Still, she gritted her teeth and refused to voice her pain. If all it took was a splash of cold water to hurt her after all, what kind of dragon would she be?

She'd simply walked away, letting the others sate their thirst, while she let herself dry under the warmth of the crystals.

((Not much to post here...))

Edited by Brotato

Rimaline jumped as the wall cracked and ice-cold water suddenly burst out of the cavern wall, dousing Zeditha and knocking Tulvir over. Zeditha cursed, flinging the words out. Tulvir flailed around, trying to get up out of the slippery puddle the sudden rush of water had created. Rimaline almost fell over as well, but she managed to keep her balance, and Mihari slid back several feet.

Thankfully, the water receded into a calm pool. "Water!" was her next thought, rushing over to the pool. She ignored the other dragons, zeroing in on the little pool. Rimaline gulped down as much of it as possible. It was ice-cold, but sweet and refreshing.

It took several long minutes to quench her thirst. Rimaline finally straightened up and looked around. Mihari and Tulvir seemed to have been drinking too; but in her frenzy of thirst, she must not have noticed. Baltia sulked in the corner, and Zeditha was sullenly trying to dry out below some crystals.

About to console Baltia, Rimaline heard dragons outside. Leaving Mihari and Tulvir, she came to the entrance just as the Whiptail she had seen from before dumped a tiny black tea hatchling on the stone and dashed off, leaving the young one with only a few rushed words. The hatchling was fleshy and pink. "Newly hatched," Rimaline realized.

Awkwardly, Rimaline said to the younger hatchling, "Um, what's your name? Do you want to come inside?"

((Younger hatchling? You mean the Newley hatched one, right? Cuz Tulvir is already inside.))

Tulvir was just lapping up some water with the others. It was even more refreshing and stuff then the water he had before his climb up the mountain! He had the temptation to roll in it. After all, Royal Blues love the cold. And water. He shook himself and kept drinking. He probably didn't need it as much as the others, but it was just so GOOD! He never had water like it. Oh, imagine how it would reflect the stars! He looked up. Was the rock shallow enough to make a hole in the roof? He would love nothing more then to see the stars reflect in the water at night!

Then, a stone hit his head. Ow! he clutched his head. That was sharp! Who threw it? Ow...who threw that? he asked innocently, looking around.

((I leave the forums for one day...))

Enzy climbed off of Torque. "Okay, thanks," she said when another dragon came up to her. "Oh, hi. Um, yeah, sure. I'm Enzy." She followed the (insert Rimaline's breed here, I can't find it).

Galletian, on the other hand, was still racing towards the mountain. He had tried to take off a couple of times, the first two failing miserably but the third he would've actually stood a chance at getting a mile if the wind had been in his favor instead of in his face. He had just got his second wind, though, and was racing ahead at top speed. He had smacked into a couple of trees, he wasn't good at moving quickly and having to dodge. After the wind changed direction to help him, he jumped a bit and got in the air. He glided a bit before the wind changed and he fell back down, more or less painfully. But now he could at least see where he was.

((Booo, where's Quinn?))

Edited by MyaMouse

His head still in the water, Mihari drank from the cold refreshing pool. As he drank, he tried to remember how long it had been since his last drink. It had been before he came to the cave, so it had been at least a day, which Mihari found difficult to believe. He didn't remember being without water that long. Mihari eventually stood up with his head no longer in the shallow pool. He almost wanted to splash his head back into the pool, even though he was finished drinking.

I wonder if the others are enjoying the water too? Mihari wondered, looking around.

"Ow!"

Out of nowhere a stone was thrown at Tulvir's head, which was no doubt by Baltia. A few more came from the same general area, one barely missing Mihari.

Oh... great. Mihari thought, knowing he bothered her. He didn't hear any more rocks after that, so she was probably hiding somewhere. He didn't understand why gathering everyone was so important in the first place. Then again, weren't they already mostly gathered? The water issue was also solved. Mihari walked away from the pool, trying to find where Baltia had hidden.

Mihari gave up after a few minutes of wall searching, completely ignoring the ceiling. Mihari figured she didn't want to be bothered then anyway, so he walked back, noticing Zeditha drying under the crystals. Not sure what to do then, he walked past everyone and headed for the outside of the cave.

There has to be a better name than just 'Cave.' Maybe I could ask Zeditha that later... Mihari stopped when he noticed he wasn't the only one out there.

By the time Mihari walked outside, Torque had already dashed off, leaving a fleshy and pink hatchling that Mihari couldn't identify. The hatchling looked much younger than him, so Mihari could tell she had just hatched. Looking to see if anyone else was there, Mihari saw that Rimaline was also outside, next to the hatchling.

"Um, what's your name? Do you want to come inside?" Rimaline asked the hatchling awkwardly.

Mihari wasn't sure what to say, so he stayed back, not sure if he was noticed. He figured all the commotion earlier had something to do with this hatchling suddenly being dropped off. But why would Torque go back? Were there others? Mihari shook off this worry as he tried to identify the small hatchling, walking up closer.

Irah entered just in time to see a Royal Blue gripping his head and asking "Who threw that?" Mihari and Rimaline then walked out, leaving Irah confused as to what was going on. She looked at Quorran who stood beside her but he still appeared to be lost in thought; he most likely wasn't responsible for the hatchling's pain. "Well...it wasn't me." said Irah, equally innocent. Her figure was hard to miss as her metallic scales shone a variety of different colors in the basking light of the crystals. "Are you new here? My name's Irah."

Tulvir looked up at the new voice. Oh, my name is Tulvir, what's yours? He was quickly mesmerized at the shiny scales. Sooooo shinnnyyyyy. He went closer to the shiny dragon. The scales were so attracting. Must...be near...the shiny!

((I'm gonna feel so wrong after this... #stalker

Yep, I was right. Um, I need Lily..))

"Um I just told you, it's Irah." she replied, unaware that her scales were what drew him closer. "Hey....your voice sounds familiar. I think you're the one I heard shouting." she said then turned her attention to the watering hole behind him. "And where did that water come from?"

Irah was beginning to feel that she missed something important while out exploring, even though she wasn't gone for very long.

((I don't know what to do with Quorran at this point but it doesn't feel like a good time to make him leave just yet. Maybe have Zeditha say something?))

Tulvir was dragged in by those scales. He barely heard the question. He was mesmerized, hypnotized by the shiny scales. He almost drooled. Shiny... he mumbled, inching closer. He pawed at the leg, awed by the shine. He had to be near it. He had to touch it. He had to...

((I have a pretty high fever right now, so please tell me if I make any mistakes...))

"Oh, hi. Um, yeah, sure. I'm Enzy," the little hatchling said. She followed Rimaline inside the cave.

Rimaline shifted her weight awkwardly from paw to paw. "My name is Rimaline. It's, uh, nice to meet you." She looked around the cave, trying to think of something to do or say. "Are you thirsty or hungry? We just managed to get some water in the cave over there... and there's still some meat and herbs over there," Rimaline said, pointing her nose slightly towards the water and food respectively.

Why was it so hard to be friendly? Rimaline had never been good at making small talk, and now she was meeting so many new dragons she had to do it constantly. There hadn't been many times where words came naturally to her in the past few days. She felt as if everything was forced.

Although Rimaline had the urge to just walk away and get out of the uncomfortable conversation, she didn't want to leave the little hatchling alone. She waited to see what Enzy would say.

Enzy~

"Oh, um, I can't eat meat or plants... I'm a Black Tea. We only eat insects," Enzy said quietly. She could tell the White dragon was just as uncomfortable as Enzy was. The pink dragon's eyes strayed to the outside. I hope he comes soon.. I hope all of them do, Enzy thought.

When Mihari realized he was right behind Rimaline and the newest hatchling, he swiftly jumped back so he could be hidden. He seemed to have moved out of the way just in time too, as Rimaline and the hatchling walked back to the cave.

"Oh, hi. Um, yeah, sure. I'm Enzy," the pink hatchling replied as she followed Rimaline.

Still outside the cave, Mihari watched Rimaline introduce the hatchling to the cave. Mihari originally wanted to go outside, but he decided to follow the them back inside the cave.

Back inside the cave again... Mihari thought, wondering how many more times he would be wandering back and forth.

Staying a little behind, he heard Enzy mention that she was a Black Tea hatchling. Mihari had never even heard of Black Teas before, so that was probably why he had so much trouble identifying her.

He then wondered why he had never heard of that breed before. He had once lived with many other dragons and hatchlings, but he had never known any as a Black Tea. Maybe Black Teas didn't live where he was?

Enzy's eyes seemed to stray outside in thought right as Mihari walked inside. Though she didn't seem to be looking at him, Mihari was definitely able to be noticed. Deciding to introduce himself, Mihari walked up and started, "Hi... Enzy?" He wasn't sure where to begin this, and even if this was the best time.

"Sorry, I heard you introduce yourself to Rimaline when I was also outside. I'm Mihari," Mihari managed to add.

((Oops, forgot to add quotation marks dry.gif ))

Edited by ressamp

<OOC: Oh my God, this is perfect! >w< >

Sky Shiner wasn't really sure of what exactly was happening, but he did know that the Whiptail had left behind a new addition to the group. A tiny, pink hatchling. Goodness knows where the Whiptail had found it but it was most likely hatched from Galletian's egg. However, his mind was not focused at that moment. Surreptitiously, he was watching Tulvir out of the corner of his eye. He still didn't trust the Royal Blue - he didn't trust any of the new hatchlings, really - and right now, his actions were definitely suspicious. Why was he inching so close to Irah? He definitely had no reason to, their distance was a perfectly fine one to converse in. Sky assumed it to be nothing, closing one eye over it.

When the Royal Blue touched Irah's leg, though, that was stepping over the line. Seemingly calm, he slithered right over and went in between the Tulvir and Irah, roughly shouldering the Royal Blue aside.

"I think it's a bit too early for you to get too comfortable, isn't it?" he said smoothly, his tone icy cold. He had no idea what the Royal Blue's intentions had been but he was taking no chances at all.

Tulvir could not hear the Skywing. He was too mesmerized in the scales. He started to drool. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... He repeatedly said to himself, as he kept lightly pawing at the Shinies with his white feet. When he was shoved aside, he simply padded over again and continued. He wasn't going to be separated from the shiny forever.

((So short but I had to react ><))

Irah became extremely uncomfortable as Tulvir advanced on her with that spellbound look in his eyes. "Uh...come again? I-Is something wrong?" she asked uneasily, hoping he'd wake from his trance. Tulvir didn't look like much of a threat but Irah was still nervous; she had never had this problem with meeting other hatchlings. She wanted to run or even shout at him but she was afraid of potentially embarrassing herself in front of everyone who seemed oblivious to what was happening. Instead she began backing away; Tuvlir still followed and even reached out to touch her leg which made her flinch. When Sky appeared and shoved the Royal Blue aside, Irah instantly felt relieved and gave Sky a look that said "Thank you". Tulvir was determined though and Irah hid behind Sky as he crept forward again. If only Irah knew how to stand up for herself.

Quorran looked up in time to see Irah hide from Tulvir and chuckled in amusement. "Hey, he likes you!"

Tulvir status?

Still ignorant because of being hypnotized by the shiny. He kept inching foward. He HAD to be next to that shiny. He had to be there. Not hearing the outside world, he kept following. He scooted past the Skywing to get to the shiny source. He wagged his tiny tail, padding forward on his adorable white feet. He kept walking in his trance. Shiny......shiny...shiny...shiny! He said, jumping at that last part, then padding over again and lightly batting the shiny with his cute little foot.

user posted image

Sky wasn't really well-known for his patience. Hence, his countless snaps and outbursts at the group. But this? This was too far. With ice-cold fury in his eyes, he glared at the Royal Blue as Tulvir merely went around him. So that was how he wanted to play was it? Fine. Slithering forward, he got in between Tulvir and Irah, using his tail to whip forward and shove Tulvir away again, his slightly quivering wings betraying his anger and indignance on behalf of Irah. With a snarl, Sky shot out a wing and made to smack him upside the head.

"I think it would be in your best interests to pull yourself together this instant, Royal Blue," he growled at the smaller hatchling, his last two words dripping with venom. He did not like what Tulvir was doing and since he had never trusted him in the first place, he definitely wasn't going to any time soon.

"And that is not helping," he bit back at Quorran, his glare intensifying as he returned his attention back to Tulvir.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((Heads-up everyone we're doing a timeskip again. Finish up any business your characters might be currently deeply involved in. I'm not sure who'll write it yet, me or Booo, but it's happening one way or another.))

Enzy half-smiled after being pulled out of her thoughts. "Oh, hi, um, Mihari?" She replied. "He popped up a moment ago but he's still far away. I hope he's alright," Enzy said absentmindedly, her eyes sad as she turned back to the forest. "I heard Torque say something about bad people. I hope he isn't caught by them in this state."

((Yeah rambling because I'm too lazy to do the italics tags on my phone!

I'm thinking of making him pass out somewhere in the forest? So people have to look for him? And he took a different path than Artemis and Quinn?))

After Enzy mentioned that Black Teas ate insects, Rimaline felt stupid. "I don't know where we can find insects... but we can ask somebody if you start to get hungry. Just, uh, tell me or somebody else."

Mihari introduced himself to Enzy and after a quick exchange, Enzy expressed her worry out loud.

At the mention of "bad people," Rimaline grew uneasy. She immediately felt protective of the little newborn. "She's just a little newborn, and she is already having to worry about her brother's safety?" Rimaline huffed. "It's not fair."

Not able to think of anything to say to console Enzy, Rimaline simply sat on her haunches and gazed towards the forest, where Enzy also seemed to be looking.

Edited by Lily14130