rainface

Hatchlings

"Well, they will be useless quickly, so why take one? Hear that? It is best if you don't take one." Tulvir said up to the Wyvern. His tail wagged when Zeditha mentioned thirst.

"Oh, yes! To the stream!"

When Tulvir walked outside the cave, he felt the cool mountain air. It was wonderful. Just wonderful. However, it reminded him of his tired muscles. They felt exhausted. "Look! The water stream! And there's the hole!" Tulvir pointed out a hole spewing out water.

((Woah woah woah wait a second! Crusher is deeper in the cave and I thought that's where everyone had gathered. I mean they were talking to him for crying out loud.))

((Woah woah woah wait a second! Crusher is deeper in the cave and I thought that's where everyone had gathered. I mean they were talking to him for crying out loud.))

((Imagine a big dome, illuminated entirely by a multitude of lights scattered everywhere. That's how I pictured Shatterpoint Peak's Ceiling. But then that's a common problem with RPs, different minds paint different paintings. Words can only go so far. Apologies for the OOC only response. I'll edit accordingly if need be.))

Edited by Brotato

Then again, why else would we be here? Mihari thought, wondering how obvious his answer to Baltia sounded. He found it peculiar that so many of them needed a place to stay. It could just be a coincidence that they were all around the cave, especially with the beacon attracting attention. Mihari turned his head to Baltia, who suggested to gather everyone.

"Who first?" Baltia asked them, slowly turning. She was obviously suggesting for someone to go in the cave first, but Mihari preferred to go last this time. Mihari stood for a moment as he let Rimaline and Baltia go back in first. As me moved closer to the cave, he noticed many of the dragons were already inside, including Zeditha and the Bright-Breasted Wyvern. He hadn't really paid any attention to them while he was talking to Rimaline and Baltia, so he didn't notice them much.

What is a Guardian Dragon doing being last to go in? Mihari thought as he moved back to the cave. Before he could even reach the cave, he noticed the

Bright-Breasted Wyvern come out, appearing to be cold. Mihari didn't know who he was, but decided it was best to move on. He looked up at the ceiling to see the comforting glow of the crystals. Despite them not being as radiant as the ones below, he couldn't help but keep staring at them as he went. He heard a discussion going on not far from where he was, but he again stood still. However, he had not stopped because he was too busy gazing at the ceiling, but because he noticed someone enter the cave not far from him. Slightly startled, Mihari looked back, relieved to notice it was just the Bright-Breasted Wyvern.

Mihari walked closer to the group even though he was confused why the Wyvern had came back in. When he finally reached the group, he looked back to notice that the Wyvern was already on the ceiling. He appeared to be trying to free it from the ceiling. It didn't seem to matter much, as there were plenty in there. Mihari wasn't the only one to notice though, as the Royal Blue hatchling asked if it was safe. Zeditha answered by saying that there are already plenty in the cave, and that the crystal's charge would not last for long.

"If he knew about the crystals deeper in the cave..." Mihari said, finding humor in the Wyvern's attempt to remove the crystal. Mihari decided to ignore it and listen to Zeditha.

"Anyway, I'm sure it won't be long before we start getting thirsty," Zeditha said.

"Ah that. Water," Mihari said, already understanding the problem.

The Royal Blue turned their attention back to the group and exclaimed exitedly to go to the stream. "Wait, what stream?" Mihari asked as the Royal Blue walked back outside.

Edited by ressamp

((Imagine a big dome, illuminated entirely by a multitude of lights scattered everywhere. That's how I pictured Shatterpoint Peak's Ceiling. But then that's a common problem with RPs, different minds paint different paintings. Words can only go so far. Apologies for the OOC only response. I'll edit accordingly if need be.))

((Right, I guess I'll stick with that image then. I had Crusher go into a different chamber though when you said we could make up the interior.))

((Right, I guess I'll stick with that image then. I had Crusher go into a different chamber though when you said we could make up the interior.))

((Sorry. I must have forgotten. I'll make the necessary edits. Or not... looks like the train has already left the station. I'm sorry. sad.gif ))

Edited by Brotato

Enzy knew what was coming next. They would have to leave. Artemis, according to Galletian, was no fighter, and the two hatchlings didn't seem like they could do much damage. She sighed; they had no choice but to go with Torque.

"The rude brown one is right. We can't stay out here, our little group's no chance."

((Oops, submitting before I'm done... No he's not talking through her. He's actually up... For now. ))

Edited by MyaMouse

((Baltia was wondering who they should gather first. But that doesn't really matter.))

Baltia looked around, wondering where exactly everyone was going. Eventually giving up, she gathered a deep breath and shouted, "EVERYONE! COME HERE!" unfortunately, being a pygmy, her voice wasn't exceedingly loud. She hoped it would echo enough that everyone would hear it.

Artemis was usually shy around others, especially those she'd never met before, but the urgency of the situation was what made her take action. She immediately stood up and began telling them where where to go without being too demanding.

"Alright. Enzy, you and your brother are going with Torque. Quinn, you need to come out from under there and stay with me."

Torque meanwhile was obviously in pain which raised a red flag. The last thing Artemis wanted was for Torque to crash into something while carrying two hatchlings they were supposed to be looking after.

"Torque, these two clearly can't look after each other. Are you sure I can trust you to get them back safely?" she asked earnestly. By now Quinn had already crawled out from under Galletian's wing and climbed onto Artemis, eyeing the Whiptail curiously.

~~~

"Oh um...hi?" said Quorran after being caught. "Just thought I'd take home a memento for....you know...memories." With that said he continued trying and pull it out until it finally came loose. He drifted back down along with some freshly disturbed dirt and rocks, unsure whether to feel happy or guilty.

Edited by Booo

More then anything, Zeditha wanted to slap that crystal out of Quorran's paw and tell him how stupid he's being for leaving, but the choice was ultimately his. She simply shook her head and muttered: Have fun. -rolled here eyes and directed her attention towards where Tul'Vir was pointing.

I don't remember this being here before... -she mumbled and scratched her head in confusion. Who or whatever had put in the effort to make the opening through which the water flowed likely needed easy access to water as well. Were there other settlers here before them? More importantly, did they leave anything behind?

Yes, I think this would work. she said thoughtfully, though she had her concerns about the fact there was no way to actually walk there and take a drink. It was a steep cliff edge between them and the water flowing down the side of the mountain.

It's probably ice cold, but that's good, it means it's likely clean. That must run through the rock somehow, if we had someone with good hearing, they could probably tell if it's running through somewhere convenient. Just one crack in the wall and we'd have a ready made spring inside. -she thought out loud- That, or we'd flood part of the complex.

Tul'Vir, listen around the walls on the inside, if you hear the water passing anywhere behind any of the stone walls, let me know. This turned out simpler then I thought it would be.

=========================================

Two hatchlings? -he asked, glancing at Enzy.

Yes, I can deliver those post-haste. Assuming they don't wiggle much. -he added, already dreading the idea of losing one of them while moving at full speed. It would not be a pretty sight.

I'll take them there. I just have to get out of here. Something's terribly wrong here, something's really really wrong here and it's hurting. -he twitched, dread starting to overtake him. Whiptails were sensitive on the inside, Torque even more so. Something in the area was causing these uncontrollable bouts of agony and he wanted to get away from it as soon as possible.

Enzy sat by Galletian. "How d'ya suppose we go about this? I can't fly and Enze is a newborn, not to mention that Black Teas are flightless dragons. I'm too big to hitch a ride on you." The young dragoness looked at her brother. "I'm little; I can ride on Torque," she suggested, "But I don't know about you..."

Edited by MyaMouse

user posted image

Sky Shiner was about to comment on the beetle as well before the little bug leaped towards him and latched onto his nose! By reflex, Sky swatted at the beetle but the devious insect flew off before the Skywing's wing could hit it and it all ended with Sky smacking his own self in the face. All the while, the beetle buzzed away merrily into the air. Sky felt warmth rushing up to his face as Irah burst out laughing and pouted, tilting his head away to hide the childishly embarrassed expression on his face.

"It's not that funny..." he muttered abashedly, though his tone was lightly amused. He didn't mind. Goodness knows they all needed a bout of laughter now and then. After everything that had been happening lately, Sky was glad to share this small moment of open happiness. He may act like a stranger to all of them but deep down in his heart, Irah was like a little sister to him. And nothing was going to change that.

"...It was a pretty big beetle, though," he said, a small smirk tugging on a corner of his mouth.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

If there was a stream and they didn't notice, it was most likely not be in the most accessible area. Even so, they would probably figure out a way. It was much better to have it close by than a day's walk to the other source. Mihari decided to go see for himself, and followed the Royal Blue hatchling back outside. Mihari didn't mind too much about going back outside, as he wasn't very deep within the cave. The only thing that slowed him was the Bright-Breasted Wyvern finally pulling the mana loose from the ceiling. He walked by him, letting Zeditha deal with it, though he knew she wouldn't do much.

"Stream?" Mihari asked once again, outside. He stood next to Tulvir and looked to where he pointed.

Mihari wasn't wrong when he thought that the water would be in a difficult to access area. However, there had to be a source somewhere, hopefully close by. Zeditha was outside by then, saying that it would work. "It's probably ice cold, but that's good, it means it's likely clean. That must run through the rock somehow, if we had someone with good hearing, they could probably tell if it's running through somewhere convenient. Just one crack in the wall and we'd have a ready made spring inside."

Mihari didn't care if it was cold of course, and having it in the cave would be very convenient. As great as it sounded, there was a problem with that.

"Good idea, but wouldn't it-?"

"That, or we'd flood part of the complex," Zeditha addressed for him.

Zeditha sounded like she meant it sarcastically, and there would need to be an excessive amount of water to overflow the cave, so Mihari didn't worry about it. Zeditha continued by telling 'Tulvir' to listen for any water behind the walls.

Mihari walked back to the cave now, satisfied by knowing the name of another dragon, Tulvir. Of course, he still didn't know the names of others, but he was one name closer to it. Walking back, Mihari noticed that Baltia was there. She seemed to be trying to get someone's attention, so Mihari walked over to her and asked "Sorry, but were you trying to get our attention?"

"We were busy trying to find water," he continued. "Maybe it would be better to wait until later to gather everyone."

((Edit: Thanks, I formatted it with a new paragraph for every new speaker, but should I have a new paragraph every time one speaks? ))

Edited by ressamp

((Sorry if my post isn't that great. Also, what would be the best way to organize dialogue? I know it's supposed to have a new paragraph, but I'm not sure if that works well for me.))

((The rules with dialogue is that you have to start a new paragraph every time somebody new talks. This means that with a conversation, each sentence basically gets its own line. And sorry for not posting; I'll do it sometime today or tomorrow.))

Baltia looked annoyed. "Yeah, I was trying to call everyone. I shouted as loud as I could, but nobody even heard me!" She chittered angrily, then stopped, hovering. "Heeyy..." she said, turning her bright green eyes to Mihari. "Could you roar? Loudly? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?" She gave her cutest adorable-face, hoping that her plan would work.

Rimaline made no comment on the Bright-Breated Wyvern's attempt at bringing a crystal with him. She probably would have done the same, or at least considered it. Rimaline had always been a sentimental hatchling. But as Tulvir went outside mentioning a water stream, Rimaline's thirst flared up again and blocked her other thoughts.

"Wait, there's been a water stream all along?" Her throat felt drier than ever.

As she was going outside to see what was going on, Rimaline heard Baltia yell, "EVERYONE! COME HERE!"

"Sorry, but were you trying to get our attention?" Mihari asked Baltia. "We were busy trying to find water. Maybe it would be better to wait until later to gather everyone."

"Yeah, I was trying to call everyone. I shouted as loud as I could, but nobody even heard me!" Baltia seemed irritated. Turning to Mihari, she asked him to roar for her.

"But why do you want to call everyone here in the first place?" Rimaline asked. "Maybe we should get water first, and gather everybody later. I'm parched." It was hard to stay polite as her thirst distracted her.

Rimaline went outside to find Zeditha and Tulvir talking. Meekly, she said, "I heard that Tulvir found a stream. Where is..." She trailed off as she saw the cliff and the cascading stream. "Do you know how we are going to get to it?" Rimaline asked Zeditha, feeling foolish.

((ressamp, that was good how you did it. There's a new paragraph for every new speaker, including the sentences and actions leading up to it. You basically start a new line for every chunk of ideas, if that makes sense.))

Irah thought that Sky smacking himself made it all the more hilarious but she tried to calm down when he said it wasn't that funny. "Heh...mm...sorry." she said, trying to suppress her giggling. Sky didn't look very embarrassed though, he actually looked somewhat amused himself. Wow, that was rare. Now all she needed was for Galletian to be okay and her day would be perfect!

"Yeah, it was pretty big. Wait....did you hear that?" What she heard sounded like someone at the peak screaming in joy instead of fear. It wasn't very loud though, it must have come from someone younger than her. "I guess we should go see what that's about. Zeditha is probably wondering where I am."

((Is it my turn with Artemis or should I wait for Torque?))

Tulvir hopped up and down. If he had enough leg power, he could jump himself to the stream. Sadly, he wasted most of it getting here. And now I am wasting it jumping like a mad dragon. Tulvir walked around, pressing his ear against the wall. So far, everywhere he went, he heard nothing.

Then...

He reached one spot. When he listened, he could hear the sounds of water. He pawed at it. He kept pawing and scratching. He listened again. Then kept pawing. Hey guys! I hear water running! Zeditha! Tulvir started jumping around again.

((Yeah, short post is short, but my dad will probably start yelling soon.))

((Right now I feel like we're at a standstill with Artemis and Torque. But...))

A low rumble broke the relatively peaceful surroundings where the lone whiptail had been sent to retrieve missing members of his new clan-like group. The sound itself seemed unearthly, somehow, and it was growing in intensity with each passing second, as if something was approaching.

Torque clutched his skull once more and felt like crying out MAKE IT STOP!!! but managed to keep his mouth shut for the sake of not giving out their location even more. Whatever was coming their way, it was affecting him in a very bad way.

He didn't speak. He decided to wait, to wait until the pain became unbearable for him before he dashed away and left the group to fend off whatever was coming their way on their own. If they kept up the idle chatter and didn't decide on a course of action soon, that would be the case.

======================================

We won't. At least not there. It will freeze over in the coldest of winters, so we're going to see if we can find an exit point for it inside, where it's warmer and there's no danger of it freezing up. -she explained to Rimaline.

That was fast. -Zeditha thought, with mixed feelings about Tul'Vir's findings. If the water was so easy to detect, odds were it's no more then a few centimeters of rock away from flooding the inside. This would demand precision and a steady hand. Zeditha had neither of those.

Alright. -she sighed when she reached Tul'Vir and memorised the spot he'd pointed out. It would be best to deal with this once the other group returned. However water was a vital necessity. She would have to be very careful.

Stand back. -she instructed those near her, scaled the wall to where Tul'Vir had heard the rushing water, followed the sound and the wall until she found a suitable place to make the opening. It was close to the entrance, and the floor beneath was curved well enough to allow some of the water to pool up into a small puddle. The rest would overflow downwards towards the lower unexplored regions of Shatterpoint Peak.

Right, here goes nothing. -she braced herself, placed one paw upon the stone wall and focused on either melting it, or cracking it so it can be chipped away. Unfortunately, she overdid it, and mere moments after her attempt, a loud crack pierced the air and the ice cold water came gushing out all at once! All Zeditha felt was the mind-shattering cold snap. She'd gotten completely soaked and almost toppled over by the jet of water. Thankfully, she kept her balance and remained on all four legs, gritting her teeth from the cold.

F...F...F... censorkip.gif !!! -she exclaimed, shook some of the water off and sat down, wide eyed and visibly shivering. Thankfully, the water had only rushed out because it'd backed up along the way. With the pressure down after the initial burst, the flow had subsided to a much more manageable stream, that pooled up into a neat little basin.

((Who played Raven again? If you want, I have something planned for her after the second level of S.P. is cleared.))

Tulvir was watching, feeling he did something good and helpful today when the water came gushing out. Not only did it hit Zeditha, it knocked Tulvir over. Waaah! Cold and slippy! When the hatchling stoped sliding, he saw the stream collect in a pool. Tulvir padded over slowly and licked some up. It was so cold and good! He looked up. We have water! We have water! Well, you do... Tulvir stopped jumping and sat down, looking at his white feet. His now wet, white feet.

Artemis felt the ground tremble but this was no earthquake. Whatever it was, she wasn't going to wait around and find out.

"Galletian, if you're awake would you kindly use your own legs instead!?" There was no use trying to sound polite, danger was approaching and she was visibly frightened. She even attempted to lift him off the ground but her strength alone wasn't enough. If for some reason he couldn't walk then her and Torque had no choice but to work together.

((Wait...Torque left?!?!))

Edited by Booo

"Artemis I understand and I will do that but I probably can't run fast enough," Galletian said. Then he felt the tremors and looked at Enzy, worry and panic in his bright eyes, and saw the urgency in hers.

"You know what? I don't care. Just get Enzy to safety. I'll meet you there." He then placed the Black Tea on Torque's back reluctantly and took off running in the direction of the mountain.

~*~*~*~

Enzy was feeling abandoned even if she knew it was for her own good. She sat on the whiptail's back and looked as her brother disappeared in the trees. She knew he would have to run, though, and if he got in a jam he wouldn't let her die. She knew he would sacrifice himself to save her.

"Alright, let's go then!"

((Too lazy to do colors.~

No, he's here. He just wants to run away.))

user posted image

Sky Shiner nodded, his ears pricking up at the sound of someone calling from above. Almost immediately, his amused expression switched back to his usual neutral demeanour. He didn't recognise the voice as any of their own and who knew if there was trouble? However, it did seem highly unlikely that there would be any since the call didn't particularly urgent - if anything, he thought he'd heard a hint of annoyance within. Still, Sky's paranoia caught up to him once more and he flattened his webbed ears against his head uneasily.

"Yes. We should," he agreed, though without his usual curt tone. Quickly, he turned and slithered back up the slope, pausing momentarily to ensure that Irah was following him.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Mihari really didn't want to roar and cause unnecessary attention. Creating chaos at a time like this would be a very unwise choice. It would disrupt their search for water behind the cave walls all for a few questions, which didn't seem to be worth it. They needed water first, and hopefully it wouldn't be too long before Tulvir finds a source. Isn't that what he had just told Baltia? He noticed she was giving her cutest adorable-face, reducing his annoyance some. Mihari didn't want to disappoint her, but he wasn't about to bother the others either. Right when Mihari was about to tell her that though, he noticed someone was there. He looked up to see Rimaline.

"But why do you want to call everyone here in the first place?" Rimaline asked Baltia. "Maybe we should get water first, and gather everybody later. I'm parched," she finished before going outside where Zeditha and Tulvir were.

Mihari agreed with Rimaline. "I'm sorry, but water is the most important issue right now," he said, trying not to dissapoint her.

Mihari walked back to the cave, going back to where they were discussing the problem. Things seemed to have calmed down since Tulvir had found water outside. Mihari guessed it would take only a few minutes if Tulvir was quick enough. His throat was getting dryer, so he hoped this was the case. As enthusiastic as Tulvir was about it, Mihari was almost positive it would be short. Mihari looked to see Tulvir already searching the walls, passing him to deeper into the cave. Luckily, Mihari was correct about how quickly it would be found.

"Hey guys! I hear water running! Zeditha!" Tulvir excitedly shouted, jumping around where he was.

Soon, Zeditha was standing where Tulvir was, telling them to stand back. She traced the wall closer to the entrance where the ground was curved just enough for water to gather. Mihari watched as she prepared to break through it, wondering how it would be done. Not realizing it, Mihari stepped closer to where she was.

There must be a lot of water for Tulvir to find it so easily, Mihari inferred. Suddenly, a familiar worry came back to him. Now standing only a few steps from the wall, he thought, What if it fl-

Mihari barely had time to react before the water came rushing out the wall. He did his best to jump out of the way before the painfully cold water hit him, pushing him several feet back. Fortunately, the excessive gushing had gone down after only a few seconds, and Mihari could stand back up. He was cold and wet, but he wasn't the only one who was hit by it. Looking at Tulvir's excitement, he smiled. They finally had an accessible pool of water. Suddenly, Mihari splashed his head back into the water, not caring if it was cold.

((Also, does the flow of my paragraphs seem awkward, or am I over-thinking it?))

Baltia huffed, annoyed that something else was more important than her plan. Picking up some rocks, she tossed them in the general direction of everyone, then flew to the cave ceiling and huffed. She heard a few of the stones hit, but didn't really care.