rainface

Hatchlings

Rimaline jumped awake, startled as she felt warm scales bump into her. She looked up quickly, alarmed.

The black alternative hatchling who had startled her immediately apologized and started rapidly firing questions at Rimaline. She didn't look as depressed as Rimaline felt, but she looked dirty and tired. The black hatchling's bright green eyes were alight in relief and excitement as she babbled. The only thing Rimaline got out of the hatchling's constant stream of words was that the her name was Raven.

Rimaline hurriedly stood up and tried to compose herself. Her heart pounded and she was shaking, but she gulped and said, "I'm Rimaline."

She almost ran away, but decided against it. Raven might be able to help her. However, she didn't want to take any chances, and started to back away slowly, her tail curled in around herself. The blue tip peeked out a little bit, and she tucked it back in.

Just talk to her, and see if she's a threat first. You're allowed to run away if she threatens you, Rimaline assured herself.

((I'm not sure if I should call Raven a black alt...))

((Does sound a little odd... @Frostee Good job. smile.gif ))

Irah crept out of the bush causing the leaves to rustle but after that she was as silent as a mouse. The trees here were skinny and the plants didn't give her much cover but as long as she stayed low she thought she could crawl over and look down without being spotted. So that's what she did, she approached the ledge to find that the footprints led down a rocky slope... and there stood a Black dragon. She appeared to be talking to someone who wasn't visible expect for a few white feathers sticking out from a crevice between the rocks. Irah hesitated, she wanted to approach them but Artemis had warned her that Black dragons were extremely territorial. "She's just a hatchling though." she thought, "And I don't see any adults around." For now she decided is was safer to stay low and eavesdrop in case her parents were to show up.

Edited by Booo

((Sorry. Lost control of my life for a bit.))

Galletian tried to gain control of his mind for just the slightest second when he heard Maple. "Don't worry, I'm fine, as long as this boulder doesn't fall on me. Stay off the dirt above the tunnel!" Then he heard and felt paws lighting down. "Gosh dang it, what did I just say?" he groaned under his breath as he did his best to not get crushed. His eyes had adjusted by now and he could see an opening just big enough for him to squeeze through, but the egg would not make it through too. It was him or the egg. And he swore his life on protecting it. He would have to stay here for now, if he left he would've broken his promise. And he had gotten close with this bunch twice now. He laughed at the thought. It was still his fault. He hadn't been watching where he was flying and got hit by a rock, landing him in their camp with a broken wing, and now he hadn't been paying attention and he had fallen in a mineshaft that he should've known would collapse on him. He groaned in annoyance as a loose stone bonked his head. He rubbed it and found a small opening surrounded by rock. It had hard walls and a roof. Another branch off the main tunnel perhaps, but anyhow it would help him from being crushed. "Well I'm safe for now, I found a dead end but it's a suitable shelter for now. But I still need to get out!"

((Well thanks to Sparks I have to morph this into a mineshaft. It wasn't actually that at first but heck, let's do that. It was my first idea after all.))

user posted image

"I don't really have any preferences with bugs..." muttered Sky Shiner, retreating hastily to a safe distance as Zeditha proceeded with her 'pest control'. When all that was done, a soft, shimmery glow spilled out of the entrance and he slithered closer, curious to see what all the glowing was about. Upon seeing the inside of the cave, his grey eyes widened in surprise.

The cave was so much bigger than he had anticipated it to be! Complex and unique, that was what the cave was. He had never quite seen anything like it! He turned to Irah to-well, for what, he didn't really know, but it didn't matter, anyway, since he caught a glimpse of Irah hidden within a bush. Pouting slightly with his little, webbed ears flat against his head, he turned to look at Zeditha, returning to his normal, quiet self as he did so.

"So...have you actually explored the entire cave? It looks, well, big, but, uh, you must have lived here for quite a while if-if you've explored the whole cave system," Sky stuttered slightly as he spoke, glancing around the cave as he slithered hesitantly into it. With only him and Zeditha in the cave, it felt a little like he was back in the hollow tree again. Only him, the Nhiostrife, and the crystals. Sky decidedly felt that it was a lot more easier to breathe if only he'd actually known Zeditha a lot longer than last night and actually trusted her. However, he didn't and he was now stuck chilling out in a cave with Zeditha and hopefully Irah when she got back until Crusher and the others finally arrived.

Joy.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

I haven't explored it all.. -she stated simply, before proceeding down a few platforms, looking for something.

But if you wish to try your luck, then by all means. I wouldn't if I were you, though. This place wasn't naturally formed, and odds are whatever beasties made it still live down there at the very bottom. I've only had a small glimpse at one of them, but I won't bore you with the details. We'll be safe here. -she added, while still glancing around the walls, eyes darting from one gem to the next.

But, if you are uncomfortable here, no one is keeping you. I merely took us here to seek refuge, and use the natural heating and high altitude to our advantage. If I had some sort of malicious intention, I'd have just guided you all in with the spiders and bats still inside. It's a pretty long drop, and one tends to slip easily when covered by hundreds of thousands of six legged venomous insects. No? -she spoke nonchalantly, before making a falling gesture with her claw towards her other, ending with a clap for emphasis when her claws met- Splat! Spider food.

Now, I understand your hesitation. Being skeptical is healthy for you. I learned that the hard way. I suggest you look around, see if you like any spot in here. Like I said, I've little to no recollection what was left here when I last saw this place. You might find something valuable. Just don't go too far down. It's dark and there are likely to be more spiders...

After a few more moments of searching, she found what she was looking for. One of the red-colored gems protruding from the wall, though dimmer and colder then it's glowing counterparts. Zeditha casually yanked it out of the wall, and carried it back outside. The side entrances would wait...

Edited by Brotato

Raven noticed immediately that she had overwhelmed the poor White, and felt a stab of guilt. She hadn’t meant to be so loud; she was just so excited! Her sharp eyes quickly took in Rimaline’s slightly bedraggled and tired form, shaking slightly from either exhaustion or fear, or maybe a mix of both. She looks lost too. I wonder what happened to her parents?

She gave the other hatchling her friendliest and most reassuring smile and said, “It’s nice to meet you Rimaline! I’m sorry for scaring you. Please don’t run away! I was just so excited because you’re the first dragon I’ve seen in aaages! I’m lost, you see, and I don’t know where to go. Are you lost too?”

She instinctively lowered herself onto her belly, leaving a fair amount of space between the two of them. She really didn’t want to scare Rimaline away. Her parents were gone. Her brother was gone. She was desperate for a friend, someone to make her feel less alone.

"Wait! Come back! Where are you going?" Cree was about to rush after Torque, but Float stopped him. "Cree! Wait!" he said, grabbing his friend. Then, more calmly, he explained "Let's follow him quietly. If he needs us, we'll be able to help him, otherwise I think we should lie low for a while. Most dragons I knew, when they left they wanted to be alone for a bit." Also he's faster than you. Float thought, but didn't say. If he did, Cree was sure to rush off to prove him wrong. So, flying after Torque, they both tried making as little noise as possible, hoping he wouldn't hear them.

((You can still notice them if you want though!)

Raven said, “It’s nice to meet you Rimaline! I’m sorry for scaring you. Please don’t run away! I was just so excited because you’re the first dragon I’ve seen in aaages! I’m lost, you see, and I don’t know where to go. Are you lost too?”

Rimaline started to calm down. She chastised herself for being so skittish. Raven seemed as lonely as she was, and they might be able to work together to survive.

"Yes, I'm lost, too. Maybe we could try to find shelter together, even if it's just for tonight." Rimaline winced at how blunt she was, but eloquence was never her strong suit. She just had to hope that Raven was open to traveling with her.

If not, Rimaline thought glumly, I guess I'll have to keep surviving on my own.

((They need a larger plan than just finding shelter... I guess maybe they can have a discussion about it later.))

“Yes, I'm lost, too. Maybe we could try to find shelter together, even if it's just for tonight.”

Raven’s eyes lit up, and she couldn’t help but give a little bounce of excitement, tail flicking back and forth like a cat. She wasn’t alone! She wasn’t alone anymore! She would have a friend to travel with and to talk to. Her mind instantly started imagining them exploring together, playing together, and searching for their parents. It was obvious that Rimaline was shy, but she was eager to coax her new friend out of her shell.

Raven tended to be extremely talkative when excited, and now that she seemed to have made a new friend, she couldn’t hold back her words as the bubbled out of her mouth.

Yes! Absolutely! I’ve been walking all day, and probably half the night too, so the cave I last slept in is way too far away to return to. I’m really tired, and you seem to be too. Again, I’m so sorry I stepped on you! I was actually climbing up to what looked like a cave at the top. I really want to see what’s inside, and we might be able to sleep there for the night! Although I heard a noise, so hopefully there isn’t a really big, mean dragon up there who’s going to eat us. I think we should check it out!

Unless you’ve already been there,” she added, as an afterthought. “Did you already check it out?Silly Raven. Why else would she be halfway up a cliff? She must have!

((I'm gonna light the beacon. It's as a plot device to have more of our toons meet up and interact. Lilly, Frostee, if you would like that, you could send your characters to the gem cave I established with Zeditha. if I'm not mistaken, Crusher and Quorran and someone else are on their way there too. I think Irah and Sky are near there currently, and I'll be sending Torque there, which might end up dragging Messanger's characters there too, if she agrees to follow through.))

Lying down just outside the cavern, Zeditha set the gem down and pondered for a moment. She hadn't done this in a while, and was still wondering if it was as good of an idea as it initially seemed. Lighting a beacon? Sure, it would attract attention, especially from dragons, but it might also attract unwanted attention.

No, yes. Yes! I'll leave it up there for a while. The area is well defended. Whatever comes to ruin this hideout will best be dealt with when expected anyway. -she thought. Surely there can't be that much to worry about. and besides, the prospect of more inhabitants to boost their strength in numbers was too good to pass up on.

She placed both claws on the precious stone, and focused. At first, nothing happened, but as the minutes passed, the dim light within it started to brighten. More and more until it was difficult to look at. Several minutes more, Zeditha could feel it's surface resonating with the energy she was channelling into it, its surface was burning with the intensity of an inferno's core. She knew that was as bright as it was going to get, so she removed her claws from it, and took a deep breath. It really took the wind out of her...

grabbing the gem with her talons, where the heat would do the least amount of damage, she unfolded her wigs, and carried it to the summit directly above where the cave entrance was located. Once she dropped it off in an easy to see location, she squinted against the light it was producing. It was really, really bright, almost blindingly so. Surely it would be sufficient in its purpose.

That done, she flew back down, and lied next to the wall of the cave entrance, hoping for the best.

===================================

One of these... -Torque muttered under his breath as he picked out his much needed meal. Though the forest didn't contain the herbs he was used to, it had some alternatives handy.

And these, and those...

Several minutes of picking later, he was done. The meal was modest, but a good substitution for what he was used to. He sat down, and devoured his vegetation-based course in under a minute. Though oblivious to being followed, he felt uneasy somehow. The area was unfamiliar to him, and he knew he wouldn't be taking any naps like that, despite needing one.

He stood back up and made his way out of the woods. Something caught his attention... it looked like a star in mid daylight. No, it was brighter then your average star, and it was red. He'd heard about those, it was a sign, a call his clan had used before, but only by their sages who knew how to use magic. Whatever it was, it looked like it was some ways away and up towards the summit of the mountain he was at the base of.

On one paw, it was other dragons, which seemed like a good idea for him to contact.

On the other, a human trap.

His mind wandered to the camp he'd demolished not one hour ago. It was empty. Were the hunters out trying to lure more pygmies into their trap so they could do their thing? He couldn't allow that. It was disgusting and vile on so many levels. Either way, he was going there, it seemed.

After stomping on the ground twice with each foot, he dashed off once more, destination set for what he would soon learn is the gem cave.

(argh. So that happened again...)

Maple turned, surprised that Artemis had noticed her "invisibility". She was just about to reply when more rocks fell on top of Galletian, and she screeched. "Oh no!" She flew up to the hole and looked down at her friend, who seemed unharmed. "D-don't worry! We'll get you out!"

(short, sorry)

Mihari felt the cold alpine air breeze past his wings as he circled around the massive mountains. As his altitude increased, he glanced downward at the area below him. He could see almost everything. He could see the trees of a forest to the right of him, and the endless alpine to his left. In the far distance past the mountains, he could see a glance of the desert on the other side. Even at this height everything seemed to stretch on. He loved being up here with an amazing view in the air. He almost regret that he had to land when he made it back to his home. He descended downwards he he spotted his cave, and after hours of flying he was almost there...

Mihari woke up. Almost instantly everything had vanished. In his sleepy state Mihari stretched his head around to see his wings, only to find nothing there. Mihari always hoped that one day he would wake up having grown wings, so it became a routine of checking to see if he had grown any. Unfortunately, it was still too early. Mihari slowly stood up observed his surroundings. In almost every direction there were trees, so it wasn't too hard to figure he was in a forest. He was exhausted when he had collapsed here, so it took a moment to recall the previous night.

He knew he left his cave when it was becoming dark. He had went out because he had no food, and didn't think it would take very long to find anything. Mihari could not hunt other live animals, no matter how much he tried. He could not bring himself to harm anything. He had taught himself how to gather herbs though. He explored out a little further than usual that day, going a different route. Eventually he had gotten lost, surrounded by unrecognizable plants in a foreign part of the forest. He spent the rest of the night finding whatever plants looked edible. After a while he had passed out from exhaustion, leaving him where he currently stands. Mihari looked over to see a small pile of various herbs and plants he had collected, surprised no one else had took it.

Mihari remained still, staring at the pile. He was upset with himself that he had let himself fall asleep in the middle of the forest, vulnerable to anything that lived in it. Then again, how could anything find him in a place like this?

Mihari walked over to the plants he had gathered. He was definitely hungry after the long night. The strong flavors woke him up, and he tried to look around past the endless trees. Nothing of interest was there. Mihari knew there was a mountain area nearby, so maybe he could try to find it. He didn't know if he would find any more edible plants, so when he was done eating he gathered the small pile with his tail and dragged them with him. He was still hungry, but wanted to leave a little more left for the travel. He walked passed by an endless sea of trees. Mihari didn't really care about finding the cave he stayed in yesterday, it only served as a temporary place to stay, not a permanent dwelling. He had not stay in any place for a long time. Mihari wanted to explore.

Hours had passed, and Mihari noticed he was getting closer to a clearing. Mihari loved exploring forests, but right now it was not the place wanted to be. When he entered the clearing Mihari lay down to rest. He put the herbs next to him, and ate a little more. He reached his neck back, and saw that just ahead were the mountains. It was an amazing view. He learned to enjoy things like this, no matter how hard life got. They reminded him of the the ones in his dream, the only difference was that he was on the ground. He pondered the thought of climbing it. "I can't be able to climb that," he thought aloud. He swished his dark tail behind him. If I could fly... Mihari thought. No, even if I grew wings right now I would still have to learn how to use them.

When he decided to continue on in another direction, he noticed an intense light radiating from the mountain. His first thought that it was light reflecting off the side, but that didn't make sense. He looked at it once more. Something up there was glowing, but why? There was the possibility of meeting other dragons, which excited Mihari, but what if it is a trap? He couldn't stay in the clearing much longer, so he had to choose. He decided to get a closer look first, so he sprinted toward it.

((I don't know about Mihari meeting at the top, since there may be too many up there already, although I want to try to meet up with someone soon.))

Quorran landed next to Crusher and put the mangled bird on the ground as an offering. "So, what have I missed? I brought lunch." he said, smiling innocently at him.

"Quorran..." Crusher huffed in annoyance. "This is no time for small talk. Why are you not with Zeditha?"

"Well I thought I'd tell you--woah! What's that over there?" Quorran pointed behind Crusher at a red light far in the distance, his laid-back disposition quickly faded.

Crusher turned to see what looked like a bright-red flame shining from atop one of the smaller mountains. "That's where we're headed..." he said, his voice grim. He knew that it could very well be the work of Evil Crusher but that wasn't enough to deter him; something more valuable than his own life was on the line. "Zeditha could be in trouble. She has my daughter..."

Quorran looked back and forth worryingly between him and Artemis. "Well let's go then! Why are we standing around and staring at this giant hole!?" Without waiting for an answer he hopped over to the mineshaft and looked down. "Oh...that's why. Hey Galletian, are you stuck?"

Artemis rolled her eyes. "As if it weren't obvious..." she thought.

((Is this good? More Crusher coming soon. @ressamp There's only four dragons up there right now. I think Brotato was planning on making it a meeting place for everyone.))

((Okay, 1, you can't see him. 2, he's covered by 2 giant boulders so that's why you can't see him. 3, *facepalm, facepalm, facepalm, facepalm.*))

Galletian pawed at the stones around him in desperation. He risked yet another cave-in but he had to at least try when he heard Quorran ask the dumbest, most obviously-answered question Galletian could think of at the moment. "Yes, Quorran. Otherwise we wouldn't be here." Galletian spoke as if talking to a newborn and shook his head slowly. He grabbed a stone and in hopes of an exit or at least another loose stone to pick out he looked towards the opening, and then turned to protect Enzy in case of another cave-in. Luckily the only thing that hit him was a bit of loose dirt and a pebble that bonked him on the forehead. "Ow. But that was better than last time." He yanked out yet another stone and did the same thing as last time. He repeated this process of pulling out a stone, being hit with loose pebbles, and then pulling out another over and over till he found a gap large enough to squeeze through and still keep the egg. He sat in this gap and could hear the dragons above walking around. He knew he was close but also being this close meant that there was a LOT of dirt on top of him. He risked suffocation. "Everyone stay still. I mean it."

Edited by MyaMouse

((Maybe he knew Galletian was the one missing?))

Crusher wasn't listening anymore. He clenched his eyes shut and when he opened them again they were filled with a fiery rage. A flame also appeared above his head as he cursed under his breath.

"No...not her....I'll save her myself if I have to..."

And with that he marched off to find Zeditha by himself.

Artemis watched Crusher disappear and sighed dismally knowing that anything she said or did wouldn't change his mind. Not only was Galletian even more stuck than before but now Crusher was out of the equation. She turned her attention down the mineshaft again and flicked her tail in agitation.

"Great, just great. Now if we try to help we'll surely kill him and I have to deal with this annoying dimwitted—"

Artemis got that devious smile she had when a sinister idea was blossoming. She leaned over to Quorran and whispered something in his ear; he smiled back then shouted down at Galletian.

"Listen here Sunshine! If you don't make it maybe I can have the egg? Or maybe I should take it anyway since you're clearly not fit to care for it. Why isn't your family here to help? Oh thats right, they're dead! Gosh...I can't imagine losing my entire family let alone an entire kingdom. If only you were strong enough to save them then maybe they'd be here to save you."

((Gonna wait till others arrive at the cave before I post for Zeditha, as for Torque, I was thinking of sending him to Gelletian so he can help unstuck him, but... just not sure if I should.))

Edited by Brotato

Rimaline was glad that Raven was talkative; that meant that she wouldn't have to do much to keep up any conversations.

"I have checked the cave already, but it was full of bats and spiders," Rimaline told Raven after she asked if Rimaline had been to the cave already.

Just as Raven started to reply downheartedly, though, a bright red light, brighter than a star, suddenly flickered into existence on top of the mountain. It was not an ordinary light, and must have been activated by an extremely strong spell. Both Rimaline and Raven looked at it, surprised.

"Maybe that means that there are other dragons there," Rimaline thought out loud. "But it could also be a trap. Should we go check it out?"

Mihari was so eager to reach the mountain that he forgot the plants he had left. He paused for a moment, and looked back. It would only slow him down, and food was none of his concern right now. After giving it thought, he continued down the clearing, eventually entering the trees once again. Mihari quickly dodged the trees as he ran toward his destination. It had been so long since he had seen another dragon, and he had to see who was up there. "Who could be up there?" Mihari wondered. "And why did they light a beacon, if that's what it is?" Mihari considered the fact it could be a trap, so he would try to stay out of sight when he got to it. Even if the dragons there are not hostile, what if they want help, and something else is there? He couldn't stop thinking of what lay at the top, and why someone would- "AAGGHHG! Ow!" Mihari had ran straight into a tree. As he lie collapsed on the ground in pain, he thought he could see the edge of the forest where the mountain began. After he recovered he dashed in excitement to get a better look. As he slowed down, he realized how tired he was, and stood to rest. He was just glad he didn't have to go any farther. Then again, he still had to climb the huge summit.

He looked to see if the light was still there, but had to reach his head back so far, he almost lost balance. Once again, he saw the shining star that was the beacon. What could make a light this bright? Mihari estimated howl long it would take. He looked around the endless base of the mountain and figured it would take days. He had climbed a few mountains before this, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

It was. Mihari spent only fifteen minutes climbing the steep base to find more stable ground to continue, and his claws ached. The thought of having wings again crossed Mihari's mind as he pulled his way up, but quickly pushed it aside as he tried to focus on holding his grip. When he finally got to more stable ground, he looked up. "I have only just started." Luckily for him, it was much easier now. He spent the same time he spent pulling his way up and made it more than three times as far, maybe four. Mihari knew this wasn't all though.

Sure enough, he once again had an obstacle. The only thing between him and the next level was a tall rocky cliff he had to scale, but he persevered on. Before he climbed he looked to make sure the beacon was still there again, and it still had not vanished. Mihari found an area to grab. It was not easy, then again nothing about this was easy. Mihari, a small insignificant hatching with no wings, was climbing the unforgiving cliff of a mountain. He imagined what he would do with no mountain experience. At least he had done this before, and he was making progress. He was almost in reaching distance to the edge before slipping.

"Not again!" he screeched. He dug his claws in as much as he could, but it was useless. "No-!" He very soon came to a halt. All he was holding on to was a small boulder sticking off the side of a lower cliff, but for some reason he couldn't help but smile. The last time he slipped... that was how it all started. He pulled himself up, looking up once again. He had found an easier way up! The small cliff led him to a path that led up, and he had passed probably the most difficult part. It had only been a little more than an hour, and he made so much progress. Mountain scaling was a skill of his, he figured.

Mihari was still tired and hungry, but at least he had almost reached the top. He realized how off his estimate was. When he looked up, he was blinded by the beacon's light and turned his head the opposite way. He saw two dragons, a White and a Black Alt. It took him a moment to realize what breed they were. Did they notice him?

Spiders didn't bother Raven, but bats did. She scrunched up her face as she remembered the stream of bats pouring out of the cave. She wasn't particularly keen on sleeping in the same cave as bats, and opened her mouth to voice her thoughts. The black hatchling had barely opened her mouth before being startled by a flash of light. The bright red beam instantly caught Raven's attention, and she stared at it with wide green eyes. She had no idea what could cause such a light. Magic, perhaps? She frowned slightly, her natural curiosity making her want to climb up and explore. When Rimaline suggested the possibility of other dragons there, she beamed.

"I bet there are dragons up there! I think magic is what's causing the light, and where there is magic there are dragons, right?"

She was burning with curiosity, not only at the idea of dragons, but at the idea of dragons who could use magic. Her parents were able magic users, and they had promised to teach her to control and wield it.

She frowned as she remembered what Rimaline had said about a trap. "Why would someone want to set up a trap?[/b]" she asked, being the naive and sheltered hatchling she was. She genuinely didn't understand why someone would want to trap them.

((I see you, Ressamp, but I didn't want to have Raven notice him just yet, since she's just met Rimaline, and they've had about one full exchange between them. Maybe when Lily responds, she can have Rimaline notice him?))

Edited by Frostee

"Sounds like the two of them just met and they already know about Zeditha's cave... thought Irah as she continued to spy on the black hatchling. "But what is she looking at?" She followed her gaze up to the red light but she couldn't stare at it for long without wanting to shield her eyes. "I need to tell Zeditha about all this." She turned around and crawled out the way she came. Once she was out of the brush she stood up and ran toward Zeditha with a worried look on her face. "Someones coming!" she exclaimed, "And the light! Evil Crusher might see us!"

Edited by Booo

Galletian was struggling with the last rock when he heard Quorran walk on right were Galletian was pulling. Then Quorran started to taunt Galletian. He knew what they were doing and he replied calmly, "I know what you're doing, and it won't work. It's not anger that triggers it, it's stress of a difficult situation, either mentally or physically. Plus, Quorran, no offense but you aren't even cut out to carry a rock across the forest. And, how are you going to get the egg out? It's stuck with me, and if you and Artemis's little plan worked, wouldn't I just kill you anyway because of the madness that comes with the powers?" Then he twisted in his little chamber, and kicked hard with his hind legs, resulting in a shower of earth and a knocked-over Bright-Breasted Wyvern. He sprung from his little hole, dirt falling off of his head and a silly grin on his face. "Nice try, though. Not many other dragons have got me halfway to my breaking point." He laughed and pulled the egg up. "Plus, you don't have the permissions from the parents. And, my parents aren't dead. My brother, sister-in-law, and nephew are,"he quipped. He strapped back on the pack, hoping to knock a bit of pride out of the Quorran and helped him up. Edited by MyaMouse

I know, Irah. If this "Evil Crusher" even exists, he can not only see us, but hear us, smell us, and likely sense us telepathically. -she stated nonchalantly. She'd heard the tale of this evil abomination and how powerful it must be, and though she was skeptical of it, having heard her share of folklore as well, she knew that if this thing existed, it would find them no matter what.

I personally would rather have a group here, ready to fight in a well defended area, then simply hope that they randomly wander their way all the way up here, in one of the most difficult to reach and heavily concealed spots in the area. And besides... -she turned her attention towards the easily observable path- I have a lot of tricks up my metaphorical sleeves. Also, you'd best stay near me. I wouldn't want your father to come here and find you missing. Somehow I feel like he'd be a lot more then just upset if that happens. Let's go greet our guests.

Casually picking Irah up, Zeditha set the hatchling down on her back, as before, and took a short glide down towards the newcomers. She landed on the path, and folded in her wings.

The guardian hatchling in particular looked as if it'd gone without food or rest for a while... which was a problem, seeing as it lacked the wings needed to quickly reach the nearest hunting grounds. Oh yaay, we're going to have to start a nursery or something. -Zeditha thought, annoyed by the prospect. Still, she kept a straight face and asked the newcomers:

Hello there, you lot. Come a long way, have you?

((Edited away. Re-reading some things. Right. I was confused as to the proximity of the characters to the actual cave itself. I will, for now, assume Rimaline and Raven are close-by, and will still have sent Zeditha down some-ways to greet them. Anyone object?))

Edited by Brotato

((Lovely wall of well written text there, ressamp. ^^

But Sky is a skywing, Zeditha is a Nhiostrife Wyvern, and Irah is a Copper.))

((Pretty sure he's referring to Raven and Rimaline. Raven is the one Irah saw (not that there's anything wrong with finding all three).))

((Pretty sure he's referring to Raven and Rimaline. Raven is the one Irah saw (not that there's anything wrong with finding all three).))

((Now I'm supremely confused. Raven and Rimaline are there?! I must be reading sideways or something.

Edited accordingly. All 3 have been found. The situation escalated from silly to stupid for Zeditha, seeing as she expected more adults to join up and help settle the place. That's all I'll say. xd.png ))

Edited by Brotato