rainface

Hatchlings

((I will probably be able to post more frequently in about a week, once my break starts!))

The amount of hatchlings and dragons that were coming to the mountain was hard to believe. Rimaline had never seen that many dragons in one place in a while; she considered the group lucky that most of the dragons that were attracted were friendly.

As the rest of the hatchlings introduced themselves to each other, Rimaline just nodded to acknowledge them. She didn't really feel like trying to speak again, since all of her other attempts of speaking up had ended in embarrassment.

Even though the Whiptail who suddenly barged in made Rimaline jump, she wasn't surprised to see yet another dragon come to the mountain. The beacon must really be noticeable.

Rimaline had already promised herself that she wouldn't speak up again, but she decided that it was more awkward to stand around on the mountainside than just go to the cave. Why don't we go to the cave and settle in? I don't like standing out here in the open. She edged closer to Raven.

((I don't know if they've already started to come back to the cave, but I just want to establish that. Also, I think that Rimaline is really starting to feel safer around Raven. Maybe she can also become friends with Enzy and Artemis?))

You lot go get settled. -Zeditha nodded, then looked at Torque. The whiptail was an adult, and seemed reasonable, though Zeditha always had the nagging feeling about his kind, that they were up to no good.

I caused it. The place has enough space for a herd, or it will, once it's fully cleared out.

Torque, you're coming with me to help me hunt. Do well enough, and you can stay.

How's that sound? -she asked flatly.

==========================================

Alright. -he grinned- ...your highness. -he gave a mocking bow to underline Zeditha's bossiness, earning only a cold stare in return.

You heard the dragon, go get settled. We'll be back with enough grub to feed a leviathan! -Torque said playfully to the group, before the two departed, Zeditha by air, Torque on land, down towards the forests they went.

Edited by Brotato

((sorry, I don't think I'll be able to post here for quite some time. So until I return, assume that Torque was too fast for Cree and Float, so they lost track of him and are wandering about somewhere. I'll bring them back when I can.))

((Okie dokie. @ressamp Yes that's much better.))

Artemis sighed the words "Not this again..." and walked over to check his pulse like before.

Quorran stared at Galletian with a shocked expression. "Did...did I do something wrong?" he asked.

"No. He already told me what causes it." Artemis said languidly, "His body shuts down when he's stressed out too much." She wrapped her tail around Enzy to comfort her, hatchlings always seemed to like it when she did that. "Yes little one, he's just fine." she assured her softly. Artemis hoped that she could keep Enzy from worrying until Galletian woke up.

~~~

Irah was just about to lead the way when they were interrupted by a Whiptail barreling up the mountain path and almost colliding with Zeditha. The two of them exchanged words; Zeditha was contentious but said he could join them if he helped her hunt and Irah watched them depart with a blank look on her face. "Well that was odd..." she said, still processing what happened. "Anyway...let's get going." She turned around and began climbing the slope, careful not to trip over any rock shards that jutted outward. "The cave looks really big, Mihari, but I haven't gone inside yet. All I know is that there's lots of glowing crystals in there." she told him.

Edited by Booo

Raven beamed at her new friends, still unable to believe her luck. How had she managed to meet not one but five new dragons so suddenly? It must have been the beacon. Zeditha had brought them together! She felt her respect for the Nhiostrife grow even larger.

When Mihari and Irah answered her, she beamed at them, excited to learn all about her new friends. She felt Rimaline shift closer to her, and immediately felt a warm feeling bubble up inside her. Success! She had made a friend! She shifted a little closer, and shot her a small smile. She nodded as she heard what she was saying. It seemed as though everyone wanted to head towards the cave (herself included!).

She instinctively looked towards Zeditha for conformation, and once she heard the command to head back, she looked at the three other hatchlings and began to head towards the cave.

"Let's go?"

Raven managed to take a couple steps before she stumbled, her legs suddenly unable to hold her weight. Her adrenaline rush was gone, and she suddenly remembered how tired she was. She awkwardly pushed herself back up, a little embarrassed.

"I guess we're heading to our new home!" she said, quickly.

((it's past 1 am here and i'm exhausted. hope this came out okay))

EDIT:

((I'm so used to looking for the coloured posts and skimming over the others that I missed Irah's replies. Edited to include a reaction.))

Edited by Frostee

Galletian

I'm stuck, again... Ugh. I can't get up... I might be stuck this way, the only person who knows how to cure this is... Scar... Ugh... Normally I can wake in a couple of minutes but that's only when I release it. I don't know what happens if I suppress it.. Guess I'm finding out now. I wish that Scar was here to wake me up. This is stressing me out on it's own! Stuck, again, in my own mind, with no one to hear me think. Except... Is that... Enzy! Enzy, can you hear me? Enzy!

Enzy

Enzy heard him yelling for her. How do I help you?! No, don't go! Please, tell me..!

She couldn't hear him anymore. She was touching him, but his mind had gone back into it's deepest recesses, too far for her basic telepathical reach.

"Gone... Can't hear him..."

She nestled closer to the dragoness who held her. "No, not fine... Gone... Cannot help... Cannot hear..."

She was almost certain that the others would think she was speaking nonsense, but she had no way of telling them what she meant or how the orange dragon had disappeared from her reach. She couldn't help him... That feeling of helplessness overtook her. She pulled herself away from the dragoness and lay on his forehead. She could hear, a little now. But still, only the slightest bits and pieces.

Enzy, lis-

eful-

You have t-

back home an-

find Scar.

He's the onl-

ho can help me. He's-

Carmine Wyvern healer tha-

y or may not be ali-

but I'm hopi-

with Mom and Dad wh-

I left him.

an get me out of my min-

and back to normal. Please!

ay not know the wa-

or what it lo-

like but you wil-

your way back home.

Edited by MyaMouse

Crusher heard the crack of a twig and immediately summoned an intense ball of fire, ready for battle. But when he turned there was nothing, no opponent to greet him. It was either caused by local wildlife or his mind was playing tricks on him. He sighed deeply, the levitating flame dissipating before he gazed up at his destination.

Would Zeditha be looking for me? I fear that she...

He pushed the thought from his mind but the beacon no longer fueled his determination. Had he been able to master teleportation like his Magi brethren it would have made his trip up these hills a whole lot easier. But then... something blocked out the light for a brief second. He looked up again to see a dragon with four wings flying in his direction. It was Zeditha!

"Zeditha! Down here!"

He made haste to an area with fewer trees, though he was practically dragging himself at this point. Even for someone with poor eyesight it would be hard to miss a luminescent orange dragon out in the open.

Edited by Booo

Torque peeked from between the dense overgrowth, he'd almost gotten caught because of a lowly twig while investigating this stranger, who looked pretty beat up on first glance. Who was this weirdo magi? What was he doing out this far and in such a state? surely it would have been wiser for one to rest and recover before wandering through these lands.

"Zeditha! Down here!" -yelled the stranger, notifying Torque that his lead on land had been compromised. Also, strangely enough, it looked like this magi knew their bossy wyvern somehow. Watching him rush out into the open was almost painful to look at. Was this guy part of a migratory group? If so, where were the others? It was all very puzzling, but at the very least, Torque figured talking wouldn't be much of a risk.

Even if the Magi attacked, in his state, he'd either be no match for Torque, or too slow to catch Torque if things go bad for the whiptail. Torque only regretted he couldn't do anything to heal the guy up. On the off-chance he was friends with Zeditha, that would have been a great way to make amends for that blunder up by the cavern entrance.

Which wasn't technically my fault... -Torque scowled and held back a following few choice words about Zeditha.

Hey buddy, you alright? You don't look so good. -Torque spoke, after he'd entered the clearing with the magi.

=============================================

T'was quite a strange predicament the nhiostrife found herself in.

It'd barely been half a day's worth of time, and already she'd amassed a small pack's worth of dragons, albeit hatchlings. Not the maternal type, Zeditha had mixed feelings about the cave and it's inhabitants. The cave... the cave...

Ugh, I have to think of a proper name for that place.

Calling it the cave started to leave a bad taste in her mouth. It somehow made her feel primitive.

Keeping her eyes on the ground, she scanned the forest for a clearing or valley in which to retrieve what she came for, then leave. Something caught her attention... It looked like an orange dragon standing precariously in the open, accompanied by that uncouth whiptail she'd only just met.

Sighing deeply, Zeditha reluctantly dove down to investigate. She touched the ground just in time to hear Torque call the magi "buddy", and then ask him if he was okay. It was, ofcourse, obvious to Zeditha, that he was not. She didn't speak, unsure what to make of this.

Edited by Brotato

"Yes, we should go now," Mihari agreed with Raven. He really didnt want to stay out in the open very long, especially now that Zeditha had left, leaving them on their own. The cave would be a nice place to rest, hopefully. What was he doing still standing there? It wasn't going to make the climb any faster, so Mihari was glad they were going now. Mihari started to walk near the front of the group right behind Irah, when he saw Raven collapse. Mihari wanted to help, but she was able to get back up herself, so he continued to the front, ready to go. At least I'm not the only one here who is exhausted, Mihari thought. In fact, he barely noticed they were already moving in his tired state. As they walked Irah had answered his question he asked a few moments before. When she said there were many glowing crystals in the cave, Mihari became even more fascinated by it. He had never seen or even heard of a cave like that, although he was new to this area.

"Glowing crystals? I have never heard about that before," Mihari said to Irah as they climbed the continually sloping rocks. Mihari had tripped over a loose rock, sending him a few feet in the opposite direction. Embarrassed, Mihari pulled himself back up with a little difficulty. He was the oldest and guarding the group. Yet, he was the one who tripped. Mihari looked at the other hatchlings, who were now ahead of him. "Sorry..." he apologized, climbing back to the front. The slope wasn't as steep anymore, but he still was careful of where he stepped. While still keeping a lookout he continued; "Are the crystals bright enough to illuminate the cave so we can see?" He wasn't too enthusiastic about going into a cave where he could barely see. The cave was steadily moving towards them it seemed, so it would only be a few minutes before he got his answer anyway. At least he didn't trip over again.

Then his thoughts went back to the dragon Irah had said was in there. Obviously he needed a way to see if he were to venture in as massive of a cave as it looked. Hopefully he would meet Sky soon, so he would stop wondering. Whoever he was, he must have been older than them to be wandering in a place like that alone. Mihari looked around once again, and turned toward the direction of the cave. He could see the entrance from where he was. Was it really that big? Mihari had never seen a cave this large before, and this was just the outside. He could just see part of the entrance, but was already amazed.

((Sorry for my absence... hopefully I'll be able to post more consistently now that I'm on break.))

When Raven collapsed, Rimaline realized, ashamed, that the other hatchlings were probably even more tired than her. She was going to help her up, but Raven managed to get up herself. Hopefully we can settle into the cave soon, she thought.

In reply to Mihari, Rimaline said, "I have actually never heard of glowing crystals, either. It probably shouldn't be too dark, though. Most caves don't have any glowing things at all, and it's usually not that bad. Anyways, we can always create a fire if it's too dark." She was proud of herself for speaking up; but it was much less intimidating to talk to other hatchlings than to talk to adult dragons. Besides, she felt safer now that she had a friendship starting with Raven - it meant that she had somebody she could trust.

Mihari tripped on the way up to the cave. He looked embarrassed, but Rimaline didn't blame him for tripping. He must have been exhausted.

When they finally reached the cave (the hatchlings were walking at quite a slow pace), Rimaline was awed by the size. She was quite scared to go in by herself. Irah would probably lead them in, since she had been there before.

"Glowing crystals? That sounds greeaaaaat!" Raven yawned. "Is there somewhere we can sleep?" Her legs felt like lead, but she determinedly followed the other hatchlings. Just keep going. We're almost there!

She felt a pang of sympathy when Mihari stumbled as well, seemingly over a loose rock. She briefly wondered if she should help him, but he didn't seem like a prideful dragon. Before she could, he picked himself up, looking as embarrassed as she had felt. She made eye contact with him and shot him a small smile. It's okay! I fell too!

Though the journey (if it could be called that at all) was surprisingly short, to Raven it felt much longer. It took a surprising amount of willpower to keep her legs moving when she wanted to do nothing more than to just lie down on the ground and sleep. No. I can't sleep. Rimaline needs me! She's so shy; what if she feels overwhelmed?

She didn't notice that they had reached the cave, and bumped into Mihari. "Sorry!" she squeaked. She lifted her tired eyes up off the ground and stared at the enormous cave in awe. It was a home fit for Zeditha, that was for sure! I can't wait to explore... after a five minute nap. Where's this Sky dragon, and does he know where we can sleep?

user posted image

Waving a glowing wing in front of him, Sky Shiner blinked as he heard a few spiders scuttling deeper into the darkness. He could catch the scent of bats too; several weren't too far from his position. This must be as far as Zeditha's pest extermination went. If so, it was probably a good idea to turn back. Yeah, he could venture further on his own but his defiance was what had led Evil Crusher to them last time (which really wasn't too long ago). Okay, so while he wasn't actually defying anyone at the moment, it was probably for the best for him to return to the front of the cave. He didn't want to cause unnecessary worry for the others, especially Irah. Sky flinched as he remembered her tear-streaked face when he finally came back after running away. "Mmm hmm, definitely going back. Wouldn't want that to happen again, now would we?"

Turning around, he started to slither back but stopped suddenly, as he glanced hesitantly towards one of the dimly glowing crystals in the walls. It was small, just a shard of crystal really, but he was fascinated by it. Well, technically, he was fascinated with all the glowing crystals in the cave but this one was blue. Sky blue, in fact. Slithering over to it, he wrapped a wing around the glowing crystal shard and pulled it out of the wall with little difficulty.

"Keeping that one~" he sang aloud as he turned away and continued his way back to the cave's front. He had gone pretty far in so it was going to take a while. Maybe the others had arrived by then.

Irah seemed to have the least difficulty climbing but even she almost tripped and recovered before anyone noticed. At the top Irah came across a particularly big rock that was in her way, taller than most hatchlings. She jumped and grabbed onto it, her feet dangling before heaving herself up and looking down at the young travelers.

"They're not that bright but you'll be happy to know that Sky can light the way." she replied then decided to go ahead and see if Sky was there.

She leaped down into the grass below, somewhat relieved to be on even ground again. She approached the entrance with the three hatchlings not far behind.

"Well this is it." she said and thought she could make out a Skywing slithering out of the dark abyss out to greet them.

"Hey Sky!" she called, "Find anything interesting?"

~~~

Crusher faltered when he turned to address the Whiptail, his right wing hanging limp. "I'm fine... It's my daughter I'm worried about." he said, his voice dry, and it was clear he wasn't fine. When Zeditha landed in front of him it was as if he recovered instantly. "Zeditha! Are you alright!? Where's Irah!?" he asked, almost frantic.

((Really not sure what to do with Artemis.))

Edited by Booo

Torque had just opened his mouth to respond, when he was abruptly cut off by Zeditha.

Calm yourself. I'm fine, and so are the others. The place is secure, we were only retrieving some food for the new tenants. -she trailed off for a moment- ...Crusher..?

Fanciful name, that is. You're a bit more then winded, ain't you though?

And the last thing I need right now is someone being injured out of sheer recklessness. -Zeditha thought, trying not to express her disapproval.

It was not her place to judge Crusher's determination to be reunited with his daughter.

You know, there are trappers out in these parts, I wish you'd seen their camp, they had a pygmy on slow roast over a...

WHAT?! And WHY am I finding out about this NOW?! -Zeditha cut him off again, now scowling and visibly irked.

You... never asked? -Torque recoiled a bit. Zeditha was frightening at times...

Sighing deeply, the nhiostrife covered her face with one paw and paused for a brief moment, before...

Get us the food, I'll help Crusher back and then run recon. -the two exchanged glances for a moment- NOW!!!

Torque dashed off, likely to do as he was told. Zeditha looked back at Crusher and gestured towards the beacon.

Let's go. I'll take you to Irah.

Edited by Brotato

He was tired before this climb, and by now he just wanted to collapse. Mihari felt more relieved after Irah said Sky would be able to light the way. Though the glow of the crystals would be faint, it would be better than nothing. It still had not ruined his curiosity and interest in it though. "Good," he weakly said, barely able to even say that. Mihari climbed over the last of the rocks, and was surprised to finally reach level ground. As he looked forward however, something much more fascinating was ahead. He stood there for a moment trying to take it all in. How could a cave be so massive? The entrance threatened to completely engulf him, the other dragons with him, or even the entire mountain. He stared at the faint radiance from inside, noticing something slithering out of it. Maybe it- "Hey-" he said as Raven bumped into him, nearly knocking him over. "It... it's fine..." he managed to say after Raven apologized. He turned his gaze back to the moving figure in the cave, ignoring everything else around him.

The figure, now recognizeable as a Skywing, reached the outside of the enterance. Sky Shiner, Mihari thought, noticing a small blue glow from him, as if he was holding something. "Hey Sky!" Irah called out. She continued to ask if he found anything interesting, being the last thing Mihari heard before he unsurprisingly collapsed. Mihari struggled not to fall, but his legs wouldn't listen to him. He was greeted by blackness, hearing unintelligible sounds now. He just wanted to rest. What about the other hatchlings? Maybe they wouldn't mind. No, he couldn't just ignore them, he needed to be with them. Despite his greatest efforts to ignore his fatigue, it only made him more tired, slowing his thoughts, until he eventually fell into an unwilling sleep.

Edited by ressamp

user posted image

It wasn't too long before Sky Shiner was finally making his way towards the cave entrance. Relieved, he slithered on faster. The cave hadn't been that dark even when he'd been deep within it but it was still comforting to see the bright light of the outside spill in from the cave entrance. As Sky neared the entrance, he thought about what to do next. He didn't really have anything else to do so might as well-

A familiar voice broke into his thoughts and he blinked as a figure entered the cave, calling to him. It was Irah! Stopping where he was, just before the entrance, Sky wondered where she had been for the time he'd been in the cave. After seeing Zeditha light the beacon with her magic, he hadn't seen Irah anywhere near. He could ask her but it was probably none of his business and so, he didn't.

After a short moment, Sky blinked again, before realising that he had yet to answer her question. Just as he shifted forward a little and prepared to answer, he noticed something very, very, very important. It was so important, he had no idea how he hadn't noticed earlier.

Irah was not alone. Who were those dragons behind her? Or to be more precise, who were those hatchlings? Sky was pretty sure he had never seen them before. A Guardian, a White, and a Black? The Black hatchling was one of those unique, completely black ones, though. He knew that the normal ones had a yellow belly. However, none of that mattered at that moment. More importantly, who were they? He did not know them, therefore they were strangers, and strangers did not speak to one another, right? Right. Despite that thought, though, he was reluctant to leave the safety of the cave, which seemed safer than facing three unknown hatchlings and so he backed up and stayed right before the entrance, his carefree attitude now gone.

"Nothing much. I didn't go too far in," he half-lied stiffly, pointedly avoiding eye contact or any kind of acknowledgement from the other hatchlings. Why had Irah led those three here, anyway? Didn't she know that-oh no. What if they were going to follow them on their quest to defeat Evil Crusher? Who knew if they were spies? "Okay, now that's just too much. Stop it, Sky, you can think about it later." Sky considered his options. He could just slip back into the cave and try to pretend that they didn't exist but his annoyingly bright colour wouldn't do him much good even in the darkness of shadows. He couldn't ignore them forever. Still, he wasn't going to be friendly right off the bat. It wasn't anything new to him. He barely talked to the rest of the group, anyway.

"I see that you found otherwise," he commented lightly, his clutch on the sky blue crystal he'd found tightening slightly. His stiff demeanour lessened slightly when one of the hatchlings, the Guardian, collapsed. "Do I need to say anything? No, the other hatchlings will take care of it. Unnecessary comments won't help. Don't make a fool of yourself."

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Light... great. Light is great. Yes. So is sleep. Sleep is wonderful, she thought sleepily as she stood behind Mihari. The ground really did look quite comfortable. It was so soft and grassy, much more comfortable than the rocky ground she had slept on yesterday. Her eyelids began to droop, and she hastily shook herself awake, blinking her green eyes furiously. She gritted her teeth and stared determinedly into the cave. It was dark inside, as all caves were, but she had no problem seeing in the dark. After all, she preferred darkness like the rest of her breed. Looking deep into the cave, she spotted a hatchling making its way towards them. In the darkness, she couldn't tell its colouring, but she noticed the weird body shape and his wings. Wings! How lucky he was to have finally gotten his wings. Raven glanced wistfully at her back, stifling a yawn. It wouldn't be long now, but she could hardly wait. Maybe if she took a nap...

One leg was pushed out from under her, and she fell to the ground with a surprised oomph. She briefly debated getting up again, but the ground was surprisingly soft and comfortable. Strangely soft. Warm as well. She jerked her head back, eyes flying open. She hadn't been lying on the ground, she'd been lying on Mihari. Cheeks burning with mortification, she scrambled to her feet, ducking her head in embarrassment. "Sorry Mihari. Again. Wait... did you knock me down? Wait a second... Mihari? Mihari!" She quickly realized that the Guardian hatchling had passed out due to exhaustion, and had knocked her down as he'd collapsed. She prodded him a couple times with a claw, but received no response. "Uh... guys? Guys!" she called, panicking slightly.

Sky Shiner sure wasn't as friendly as some of the other dragons Rimaline had met so far. He stayed stiffly at the entrance of the cave and only spoke a few tart words. It didn't even seem like he was very open with Irah. Rimaline wasn't looking forward to sharing a cave with him, but her thoughts were interrupted when Mihari collapsed and knocked Raven over.

Rimaline almost laughed seeing Raven lying down awkwardly on Mihari at first, but he didn't respond to Raven's prodding and talking.

"Uh, guys? Guys?" Raven started to panic.

Rimaline rushed over to Mihari and listened to his chest. He had quite a strong heart, that was for sure, but it was beating very slowly.

"He's exhausted. He should be okay, but we should probably keep an eye on him for a while until his heart rate goes back to normal." Rimaline looked at Mihari thoughtfully. He looked helpless sleeping there. "Are there any good places in the cave where he can rest?" Rimaline saw Raven's droopy eyelids, stifled a yawn herself, and corrected her previous statement. "I mean, good places where we can all rest?"

Crusher stood there with a bewildered expression until Torque ran off. Zeditha was definitely capable of being fierce, much more so than he was originally led to believe.

"So...she's alright? I just...the light...I assumed...."

Crusher sighed, finally feeling relieved of his mental turmoil. "Yes, let's get going. I trust you know the fastest way to our destination." Crusher took a step forward and buckled over as an intense burning sensation traveled down his spine. He knew being reunited with Irah was hopeless at this point unless he had a crutch of some sort. "I....may need your assistance."

~~~

"You can't....hear him?" Artemis was of course puzzled by Enzy's first words. Enzy obviously couldn't hear him because he was unconscious, but was he really? Quinn jumped off Artemis and hid under Galletian's wing; that gave her an idea. "Galletian, can you hear me?" she asked telepathically.

~~~

Irah was a little startled by his sudden collapse but she wasn't that surprised considering how tired and frail he looked. "I don't know about the cave but we can move him to the grass until Zeditha gets back." she said, spreading a wing over him to keep the sun off.

((Is there already grass there? Also Quinn only talks telepathically in case you're wondering.))

Sighing deeply, Zeditha paused for a moment to assess the situation.

They were two sitting ducks in the middle of the wilderness, with a potential band of murderous human cultists out for dragon flesh.

Oh yes, Zeditha knew what Torque had spoken about, but for the sakes of keeping some semblance of order, she kept that information from him, for now.

Two things were perfectly clear, staying there was a terrible idea, and moving on would be difficult.

Lesser of two evils, I suppose. -she thought, glanced back at Crusher and walked over. She was no healer, nor could she manifest anything that wouldn't burn him. If Crusher needed some sort of crutch, then a shoulder to lean on would have to do instead.

Lean against me, I'll walk you there. -she stated simply, pushing Crusher from the side until he was standing and leaning against her for support.

Lucky we're not that far from the damn place. -she thought as they took the first steps. The trip would take a while, but at least Zeditha could breathe a sigh of relief that she and that fast-footed clutz weren't the only adults in the group.

((I'm planning a bit of a house welcoming disaster for *checks the poll* Shatterpoint Peak, once everyone has arrived there. tongue.gif ))

Edited by Brotato

When Rimaline reassured her that Mihari had passed out only due to exhaustion, Raven let out a relieved breath. She had made it part of her moral code to never let a dragon die in front of her, and she had felt strangely helpless as she stared at the immobile Guardian. What an awful friend I would be if something had happened to him! She briefly felt a flash of envy as she watched Rimaline use her abilities. It seemed like the White hatchling already had a talent for healing, while she herself couldn't yet control the magic that came with her breed. She instantly felt rather guilty for feeling that way, and instinctively looked ashamedly down at her claws. Looking down didn't help her heavy eyelids, and she jerked her head up before her eyes closed.

It was then that she noticed that the dragon she had seen in the cave had come out. He was a bright blue hatchling, with a white belly and four sets of wings. A... What's his breed called again? Something... wing... she thought tiredly. The name refused to come to her in her exhaustion. Well, he's a somethingwing. She felt rather guilty for not noticing him earlier, and tried her best to tune into the conversation again. She had never really needed to pay attention to so many dragons at once before, and her tiredness wasn't helping. With some effort, she realized that Rimaline was still talking, and was addressing the new hatchling, saying something about a place to sleep. "It'd be great if we could find somewhere to rest! We're all really tired," she piped up, giving the new hatchling a friendly smile.

Before he could reply, Irah spoke up about laying Mihari on the grass. "Good idea!" She struggled to push the Guardian onto the grass. Since when did hatchlings get so heavy?

user posted image

Sky Shiner looked on apathetically as the hatchlings in front of him spoke to one another. He remained silent when the White one requested for some place to rest, deciding that it was unnecessary to answer. After all, the cave was right there in front of them, right? There were plenty of cosy spots as he'd seen when he was exploring the cave earlier. All they had to do was go inside and see it for themselves. They didn't need him to explain such little things. Without so much as a glance towards them, he ignored the newcomers completely and slithered out of the cave, right to the edge of the ledge, his back to the others. He hoped the ground travelling party was okay. It wouldn't be good if he and Irah were left with a bunch of strangers. Fine, they still had the gem cave, but how were they supposed to tell the difference between a normal glowing one and one that held the power to stop Evil Crusher? He only had the one in his wing at that moment only because he liked it. It wasn't like there was any magic within it; he would probably have sensed it if there were. It was just another shiny, blue rock. A mineral. Useless to their quest, just like him, with its only useful ability being able to generate light. With a frown, Sky dropped the crystal from his wing, letting it fall down the steep edge of the mountain. It wasn't anything special, anyway. Hmm...speaking of gems, where was Zeditha? He hadn't seen her with Irah earlier and he'd been too shocked by the arrival of the three newcomers to notice. Intent on asking Irah that, he turned around. And blinked.

He blinked again.

It wasn't really his fault that he hadn't noticed. After all, he'd been in the cave the whole time. However, Sky was mentally slapping himself for not noticing yet another thing earlier.

What the hell was that beacon doing up atop the gem cave? It was so bright that Sky had to temporarily bring up a wing to prevent its brilliance from blinding him momentarily. Fury burned within him as he stared into the light. Who had done this? Didn't they know that the damn beacon could alert Evil Crusher to their presence?! What were they thinking?! And more importantly...how could Irah have allowed this to happen?!!

"Irah!" he snarled, whipping his head round to glare at said hatchling, "What is the meaning of this?! Don't you know that Evil Crusher could come at any moment?! What were you thinking?!!" Sky himself wasn't thinking at that moment; the words were practically ripped out of his throat, his tone harsh. His recent encounter with the evil psychopath had left him shaken and now this... this monstrosity was practically them waving a flag screaming, "COME AND GET US! WE'RE RIGHT HERE!!" right at Evil Crusher! Of all things!

Edited by Dream_Dragon

"Here, let me help." Irah lifted Mihari a little off the ground so it was easier for Raven to move him off the stone path. She walked backwards until they were on the grass again then set him down under a crooked tree that curved slightly over the cliff they had just climbed. Irah considered laying in the grass as well, thinking she could use the rest. Instead Sky shouted at her and she shot him an annoyed stare. "That's what I told Zeditha but she said the cave is well defended." she stated calmly though slightly agitated, "And this wasn't my idea. Instead you should yell at Zeditha when she returns." Irah always hated his sudden outbursts but shouting at her in front of her new friends made it worse.

~~~

Crusher stuck his wing out to steady himself but he soon fell into the rhythm of only controlling his left side and letting Zeditha do most of the walking. She wasn't exactly eager to help him and he couldn't blame her; Crusher wasn't pleased about the situation either, feeling a little embarrassed about how helpless he looked. "I feel I need to repay you for looking after her. Speaking of which, if you're here, who is she with currently?"

Edited by Booo