rainface

Hatchlings

It was a strange noise, somewhere between a buzz and a hum, that finally woke Raven from her long sleep. Her sharp ears had picked up on some faint noises like footsteps and low voices, but those had been easy to ignore. The humming on the other hand, though quiet, was ever present. Go... away... stupid... bee... she thought groggily, as if it would leave by sheer willpower alone. Unsurprisingly, the noise continued, and after a few minutes, she growled and batted at the air half heartedly. It still persisted. Reluctantly, Raven opened her green eyes with some effort and looked around for the bug. Where'd it go? I can still hear that noise. She blinked a few times at her unfamiliar surroundings, tilting her head in confusion before her groggy mind remembered where she was. The cave! Other hatchlings! Friends! Rimaline! Mihari! Her annoyance at being woken up by the strange noise was quickly forgotten, and she jumped up excitedly, wincing as her sore muscles protested. Where is everyone? Are they all okay? Gosh, I'm hungry. She quickly decided that food was her first priority, and she quickly headed towards the small pile of prey. She chose what looked like the upper leg of some animal and eagerly tore into it, wolfing down the pieces. Meat! She had been living off insects and the occasional small animal for the past few weeks, and so the meat was a welcome change.

((Oh, hello. I have to admit, I was looking at this for a while. I thought you might not need anymore characters. But I see from the character list edited just a few days ago, there might be a chance I can still join. So can I? And one more question: are the hatchlings still hatchlings, or have they grown? Cause I would want to be a hatchling with the hatchlings. Help? )) ohmy.gif

((Yep, you can join. Just post your character's bio in the OOC thread and I'll be your approver. smile.gif There are currently more hatchlings than adults.))

((Ahem, my apologies. My rig broke down and I had to do some heavy duty maintenance and give it a thorough cleaning, replace the burned out fan on the power supply box and manually solder a new fuse in. Took over 4 hours but it probably saved me over a hundred bucks. The technicians here are lying arseholes, they'll charge you 60 bucks to tell you your rig needs cleaning, and twice that if you let them clean it for twenty or so minutes.

I should know, I work with them.))

Zeditha didn't pay much attention to the hatchlings around her, their banter being nothing more then muffled voices in her head.

Yes, you do that. -was all she said randomly at some point in the conversation, before moving away a few steps, and unfolding her wings.

A few strong flaps later, she was perched on the top, where the bomb waiting to explode was playing its unnerving melody.

Only one way to see if this is going to work. -she mumbled under her breath.

The heat emanating from the blasted thing was intense, but not insufferably so. She moved in closer, and closer, carefully, steadily.

Once she was but a few feet's distance from the blasted thing, took a deep breath, and readied herself for the potential inferno she was about to unleash, if anything went wrong in any way.

Closing her eyes, Zeditha focused on what she remembered of her surroundings, drawing a mental image of a ring of fire around the beacon, willing those flames into existence as carefully and evenly as she could muster. Taller, and taller did she made the flames rise, and with them, so did the temperature. The searing heat was starting to hurt, but there was no going back now. Rearing up, she shielded her face with both claws. Seconds turned into minutes, and the noise only intensified, coming from the low whirring, through an audible cracking and finally into a loud whistling-type noise! ...before abruptly fading away, into nothing.

Zeditha breathed a sigh of relief, as she finally managed to collapse the ring she'd manifested in on itself, leaving nothing behind itself but a smoldering pile of lava.

((o͎k͎. m̫y̫ a̫p̫p̫ i̫s̫ d̫o̫n̫e̫.biggrin.gif))

Should he go back now? He may have only been exploring this area for a few minutes, but he didn't want to leave everyone alone for too long. He knew his way back though, and if he needed to go back to the entrance it would only take a few minutes to get there. Still, would Zeditha be successful in disposing of the hazardous crystal? Zeditha would be okay, she knows what she is doing, Mihari thought as he realized he stopped moving. He continued along the paths, picking directions that seemed to interest him. Right now all he wanted to see was how far down he could go that was safe. He noticed the hues of the crystals on the walls slowly change as he ventured the labyrinth. She said she would take care of it. Besides, I could run up if anything happened. Mihari noticed a wide opening where one of the paths branched off to. Another level seemed to open for him, the walls inviting him to the next room. Wait... how do I even trust Zeditha? I just met her yesterday, but... This thought had soon found an answer for itself. Well, if the other hatchings can trust her, then I can. Besides, she made such a great offer. The next level was only a few steps away, and Mihari was anxious to figure what was in it. This is an amazing cave. I wonder how far it has been explored? Mihari knew he had only scratched the surface of the cave with unknown depth, and much of it ha probably never even been discovered.

Mihari almost found that the opening suddenly went down the hard way. He put one leg out expecting the rocky ground to be there only to find nothing there. Mihari pushed the rest of his legs to to opposite direction, causing him to fall over. Well, good thing I made sure it was safe, Mihari thought, still on the ground. He lay there for a moment, listening. Mihari had heard something in the cave below him, some rustling noise that told him he wasn't alone. He stared at the gap in the wall, waiting to hear if it persisted, which it had, but not for long. Silence again. Mihari stood up, carefully inching back toward the opening. It was dark even though there were crystals there since the room was so large, but he could make out the presence of... bats. While he wasn't bothered too much by them (as long as they stayed where they were) he didn't want to stay anymore, in case something else was with them. Mihari turned back now, swiftly moving forward. His tail had caught on a rock with a single crystal lodged in it, and when he pulled away from it the crystal broke off the rock. Mihari stared at the crystal, freeing his tail. Strangely, it seemed to lose its bright color after it broke off.

He stared at it's color fade away as it seemed to lose power. "Mana?" Mihari said aloud. He wasn't sure how he remembered the name, if he even heard it before at all. Had his mother mentioned it to him before? Mihari could not remember of hearing it called that, though he could briefly recall seeing crystals very similar to that. Of course he had never seen them in as abundance. Well, that is interesting. How did I not notice before? Mihari assumed these were just some pretty rocks, not something like this. Then again, where would the beacon have come from? Mihari decided to go back, but wanted a closer look at the object first. Reaching for it, the crystal's almost diminished glow grew brighter as he got closer. He held it, the glow even brighter than when it was in the rock. Mihari felt something unknown yet familiar radiate from it. Then, without warning, its light vanished.

Mihari still felt the strange feeling even after the light was gone from the crystal. Mihari decided to drop the crystal as he returned back to the first level, remembering his mother teaching him about magic.

Since his mother was a Magi, she often wanted to teach Mihari about it, even if he may not need it as a Guardian. He remembered constantly trying to impress his mother with what he learned, but any magic he tried at first, didn't seem to really do much. He remembered the strange feeling of the magic whenever he attempted to use it. It felt different then though, because he was using it, not absorbing it. But did he ever hear the word mana?

Mihari came up to the entrance much sooner than he expected. Event though what he absorbed seemed small, it seemed to give him the energy to run back up quicker. Mihari felt relieved when he saw that half the cave hadn't been destroyed by the crystal. It seemed to be very similar to the ones in the cave, just larger. He could only imagine how dangerous that could be. He knew Zeditha had already taken care of the problem though.

"I'm back," Mihari said, realizing his own hunger. He walked over to where the food was, smaller than when he woke up. He had not eaten meat in years, but he wanted to try it again.

user posted image

Sky Shiner nodded in acknowledgement at Rimaline but he didn't say anything. Now that he knew her name, there wasn't anything else that he wanted to say, right? As he turned away, though, she mentioned something about a humming. Now that he thought about it, he realised that she was indeed right; there was something humming about nearby. Sky had just tuned it out since it had become quite annoying but maybe it was worth checking out?

"I suppose so," he answered shortly, turning his head to look at the cave opening, "Perhaps we should check it out." Now that the conversation had turned to something other than simply interacting with others, that stupid shy feeling had gone away. Slithering to the cave entrance, he glanced back over his shoulder, about to ask her if she was coming along before hearing the humming grow louder. Fearing that something terrible was about to happen, he dashed out of the cave right before the rising ambiance suddenly turned into loud whistle-like noise and then promptly faded away. Sky blinked as he saw Zeditha and Irah before his expression grew just as cold as the day before.

"What happened?" he asked flatly.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Nothing. -Zeditha claimed calmly once she'd descended back down onto the mail platform before Shatterpoint Peak's entrance.

Well, nothing worthy of concern, at least. -she added nonchalantly.

With the potential time bomb disposed of, Zeditha could breathe a sigh of relief. She'd cleaned up her own mess, yes. But causing it in the first place lead her to believe she needed to be just a wee bit more careful, and she would be henceforth. But right now, other matters needed her attention. They had food, shelter, lighting, but were running out of space, had no convenient water supply, and very much needed ways to encourage these hatchlings to develop themselves. Perhaps the second level still had some of its old scrolls and books, unless everything was destroyed by the vermin down there.

But that would have to wait. The water issue was the priority. Although there was a river visible in the distance from way up where they were, it would be an unnecessary trip for a simple drink. Back when Zeditha lived here, what seemed like so long ago, she would have just gotten her drink whenever she went out to catch her own food, but now that they were dealing with multiple hatchlings, and an injured adult, no no no, they needed a steady supply of clean drinkable water.

But how? Fire was what Zeditha was good at... Perhaps someone else had some ideas.

There is much to do. -she stated simply, glancing between Sky and Irah.

Next on the list is water. We need a steady supply of it, for drinking purposes, at least. If anyone wants a bath, they'll have to go take a dip in the river. But I find it unnecessary to make that trip every time someone gets thirsty. Unfortunately... -she paused for a moment and glanced towards the cavern's entrance- ...that's not a very good option, given the circumstances. And this is where I lack the required ingenuity to come up with a solution.

Why sugar coat it? Right?

So for today, I'm asking you two to think of a way to solve this problem. If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate your input. If not, look around, ask the others, see what we have to work within order to resolve this issue. -she spoke calmly and firmly. Who knows, maybe the answer is simpler then she imagined it would be.

((Posting for Torque after a few more posts so he doesn't just look like he's teleporting his way around while hunting for food. xd.png ))

Edited by Brotato

A few seconds after Sky's leave, the humming noise stopped. Rimaline came out of the cave to see what had happened just in time to hear Zeditha explain the water dilemma to Irah and Sky.

As soon as water was mentioned, Rimaline realized that her throat already was starting to feel dry. The last time that she had drank water was already few days ago, and while she wasn't parched yet, she soon would be. The herbs had helped a little bit, but she needed straight water. Ah... fresh, cold, water... Rimaline thought as she imagined it running down her throat and quenching her thirst. She shook her head to snap out of it.

Rimaline peered at the river in the distance. It looked like molten gold in the morning light. It would definitely be much too far to go there every day, especially because most of the hatchlings here didn't have their wings yet. They could try to find a stream or a spring at the base of the mountain, but she didn't think that there would be one close enough. Besides, how could they get the water up the mountain anyways? Maybe one of the adult dragons knew a water spell, but she doubted that. Zeditha seemed to not know any, and she didn't think that the Magi that she had seen earlier was in any condition to conjure enough water to satisfy all of the dragon's thirst.

When running through all of these ideas in her head, she remembered licking dew of off leaves in the morning when she was still a newborn hatchling. Her father gently nudged her snout away from the leaves; she dimly remembered him saying something about collecting the dew for some sick animal. Rimaline frowned, just like any disgruntled little hatchling, but she let her dad use the water to nurse the animal back to health. The memory was bittersweet.

Would collecting dew work? There might not be very much, but if somebody knew a duplication spell...

"Why don't we go inside and get all of the other hatchlings together?" Rimaline suggested, glancing at Zeditha nervously. "Maybe we can come up with an idea if we all put our heads together."

Rimaline half-believed this, but she also didn't want to present her idea in front of Zeditha until she knew that another hatchling, like Raven, might support it.

The wind was harsh and blowing in the opposite direction of where Quorran wanted to go. He flapped his wings fast and hard, fighting to reach the beacon. Along the way, to his frustration, he was thrown off course and had to land in a tree to rest, taking up more time than he had. Once he was off again the sun was higher in the sky and the wind had let up. Just as he was about to reach the mountain path he saw what looked like a fire ignite on Shatterpoint peak, taking the beacon with it. "I really hope this isn't a bad time." he thought.

~~~

Irah nodded to Mihari and walked away in the opposite direction, intent on exploring the mountain path. It was strange how empty the trail was, she was used to a tangle of plants always being in her way. The sound of the mana crystal grew louder and Irah looked up only to see a blue flame and a plume of smoke; the crystal had vanished and all was now silent. Irah smiled to herself, knowing that Zeditha's idea had worked and continued her stroll, observing the various trees and shrubs she had never seen before.

Quorran soon came running up the mountain, too much in a rush to take notice of Irah standing under a Douglas Fir. "It's me, Quorran!...We got a problem!" he called as he veered around the corner. His voice sounded urgent and the others didn't follow in pursuit. "Uh oh...I have a bad feeling about this." thought Irah.

Quorran stopped in front of Zeditha and hunched forward, clearly fatigued from running all the way to the top. His blue feathers were windswept and he was panting heavily as he spoke. "I was sent.... to get help..... Galletian.... in trouble."

((Apologies to Lily for the interruption.))

Edited by Booo

Only when she had eaten her fill did Raven take notice of her surroundings again. She looked around curiously, wiping at her mouth with her paw ((?)). Huh. The humming noise stopped. She noticed some commotion at the entrance of the cave, and heard some voices, though she couldn't make out what they were saying. Maybe they did something to stop the humming noise? She couldn't help but feel a sense of relief as she saw Rimaline slip out of the cave, presumably to join the conversation. Everyone was safe! Her new friends were here! It hadn't been a dream, or anything like that! Suddenly in a ridiculously good mood, she shook her self excitedly and prepared to run outside to join the others, when she heard a voice from the other end of the cave.

"Hey Mihari! Good morning! Where did you just get back from?" she said, heading over to greet him. I wonder where he came from! Are there more tunnels that we haven't explored? I think Zeditha mentioned something about unexplored levels. I wonder what he found?

((How do you guys refer to the dragons' "hands"? I want to say paw, but that don't sound right. Foot sounds strange too. huh.gif ))

((@Frostee - I don't know, actually. In one of my earlier posts I referred to them as "feet" but that doesn't seem right. I don't think they have paws either.))

"I just came back from exploring the cave" Mihari answered to Raven. "I didn't find too much, but I only explored a very small portion of it. It doesn't seem the lower levels have been cleared out though," he said motioning toward where he had come from. "Maybe of they get cleared out I could explore more," Mihari added. Mihari wondered what else could be down the seemingly infinite tunnels, reminding him of the mana crystal he had found there. The word 'mana' sounded familiar, as if it were mentioned before, but if he had heard it before, he had no idea what it meant. Mihari looked around the cave, mostly at the walls, noticing the abundance of crystals. They now looked dull and colorless compared to what he saw earlier. They reminded him of when the mana crystal he held had been drained, looking lifeless and colorless. Maybe the ones near the front of the cave were also drained a similar way.

"It seems like Zeditha had taken care of the crystal," Mihari said, hearing no more of the humming sound. Now that was taken care of, what next? Hopefully there wouldn't be any more problems for at least a little while. Mihari turned back to the small food pile before asking Raven: "Have you heard of mana before?"

From her interest in magic, Mihari hoped that she knew something about it. If she didn't though, he could ask someone else. Waiting for an answer, Mihari noticed something strange was there, or actually, not there. A lack of something important... Water.

((@picknick10 That sounds a little better than just paws or feet, though it sounds a little strange to me.))

Baltia flittered around, watching curiously from the shadows of Shatterpoint Peak. She picked up a small stone and dropped it on Raven's head, taking a few seconds to aim so as to be sure of a hit. With a tiny, high-pitched giggle, she flitted over to the corner of the cave, watching for exposed ears to nip, and scouring the walls for any pretty gems.

((Um Zeditha...Haven't approved her yet. M'kay you're good to go.)) Edited by Booo

(( app is posted! This time, complete -.- well, the first time, I used the basic info thing on the actual rp thread aka this one. Well, how'd I do?

Edit: which hatchlings are in the cave, creating the main clan? I don't know why, but I always love being in the main action. One more thing, does rainface ever come on again? Thanks))

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

((Does that mean I'm in? And still, what dragons are making the clan? Where is the cave?))

((Esko and company, I respectfully request that you use the OoC thread for all your OoC needs. Bracketed text on the main thread is primarily used to add notes to an actual post within the RP itself. Anything else goes in the OoC thread. I posted answers to your question above in the OoC thread.))

Raven stared at the tunnel that Mihari gestured to, though she couldn't quite imagine what it was like further down. "You went exploring! That's so cool! What's it like down there?" She noticed as he looked around at the walls, and cocked her head curiously. Are the walls different down there, or something? She looked hard at the pale crystals on the walls, but couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.

"It seems like Zeditha has taken care of the crystal," Mihari continued.

Crystal? Was that what was causing the humming sound? She wasn't sure how they worked, and why the walls themselves weren't humming then. I thought it was magic? I hope someone teaches me about magic soon; I don't know anything! She nodded vaguely in response, since she wasn't sure herself.

As if on cue, Mihari asked her if she knew about mana. Oh geez... Is he asking me? "Er, I've heard of it before..." she replied, feeling rather embarrassed. You're the Black dragon, Raven, isn't it your job to know these things? "But I'm no expert," she added hastily, "You could ask-"

She let out a small squeal as something hit her on the head, looking around wildly.

((Ahh. Gotcha, Brotato. I'll keep that in mind for next time!)

Edited by Frostee

Hopefully someone was taking care of the water problem, because Mihari didn't want to worry about that right now. Even so, they would find a way, right? The nearest source of it that he knew of would be the river, which would take too long to walk back and forth. Surely Zeditha didn't expect them to make the long trip to it and back just for water. He hadn't even gown wings yet, so it would be even more tiring. Who knows, maybe there's a closer source of water than the river. Besides, why wouldn't Zeditha be taking care of that now?

By this point Raven had told him that she had heard of mana before, but did not sound very confident.

"But I'm no expert," Raven had continued saying. Oh well, I can- Mihari's thought was interrupted suddenly by what felt like a presence of someone. Someone who he hadn't noticed. Mihari hoped he was just paranoid, but still didn't like the feeling. Soon though, it left, and Mihari was about to forget about it until right after Raven spoke up again.

Raven didn't even have a chance to finish her sentence, "You could ask-" before her squeal confirmed his suspicion of another dragon. However, he did not have a chance to see who threw the stone at Raven, because they had already hidden themselves by the time Mihari could look. He thought he heard giggling as the mysterious dragon escaped to a dark area of the cave. "Raven! Are you okay?" Mihari promptly asked Raven. The stone that hit her was only a small one, so she probably was. Mihari quickly scanned the sides of the cave, unsure of where they had ran to.

Having caught a fresh batch of food as he'd done the day before, Torque had finally made the ascent back to Shatterpoint Peak. The whiptail was visibly pleased with his work, as he ceremoniously walked in and dropped the fresh batch of herbs, meats and various fungi he'd gathered. He figured that a spot near the entrance, seeing as the cold air wafting from outside would keep the food fresh longer.

He looked around for Zeditha, hoping to get more done around their new den. After all, if he was going to be roped into a foreign initiative, he'd at least try to reap as big of a reward as he could. as for the Nhiostrife, she was, of all places, sitting precariously on one of the ledges jutting from the wall, close to the ceiling. It looked like she was busy trying to make something out of the crystals again.

Not to be the naysayer here, but do we really need another one?

Noticing the whiptail's presence, Zeditha glanced between him and the supplies he'd brought in. He'd done well, and was quick about his work, but she didn't comment on that. Another what?

Nevermind... What are you trying to do, anyway?

Pausing for a moment to look at the crystal she was busy with before, Zeditha sighed deeply and answered: Nothing. I was hoping to find... nothing, you wouldn't understand.

Try me.

No. -Zeditha scowled. She really wasn't in the mood for attitude.

Why?

Are you here to annoy me or are you going to be useful?! -Zeditha snapped at him.

Okay, okay... how may I be of service, your most majestic excellence? -the whiptail jested, even giving her a mocking bow to emphasize his point.

You can start by cutting that out. If we are to establish a working system here, we have to get everything done as fast as possible! And your sass isn't helping. Right now, we need to find a way to get a good water supply running in here, or somewhere near here. -she explained, trying her best not to growl from irritation.

I can do fast... but water? That's a wee bit too heavy, and besides, how do I carry it anyway?

You won't. For now, you'll keep getting us food. I see you're very expeditious about it. As for the water, just think of something. We need ideas right now.

Ideas... well, have you considered gathering rainwater?

I have, but we'd need a huge collection funnel and a clean place to store it. We have neither, and unless we can rip through hundreds of tons of solid stone to form them, that's not an option. -Zeditha sighed. That was the reality of the situation. Her other idea was an already existing water collection chamber might have been built by Shatterpoint peak's previous inhabitants somewhere in the lower levels, but going that low was going to be dangerous at this point, especially with Crusher's weakened physical state.

Well, I'll see about that. Who knows, maybe the answer is right under our noses. -Torque shrugged and stepped towards the deeper ends of cave, leaving Zeditha to think about the water problem. He didn't feel like being out in the cold any more.

Not ten seconds later, he'd arrived where Raven, Mihari, and Baltia were, just in time to see Raven get clonked on the head.

((Little fun fact I wanted to share with you guys, Baltia's name literally translates to Katana/Cutlass and in some dialects, Broadaxe, in my home tongue. I personally think that's pretty cool. happy.gif ))

Edited by Brotato

((I didn't know that xd.png I just picked a letter and added sounds. It's how I make dragon names. wink.gif))

Baltia pressed her small, black body further into the shadows of the wall as Mihari swept her gaze across the wall. She shielded her eyes with a wing, not to protect them, but to prevent her bright green irises from being spotted. Once the threat of being seen had passed, Baltia focused a look at Mihari's tail. It needed a bite, she thought. She fluttered to near the top of the cave, giggled loudly, then flew silently around the edge of the glittering cave and along the floor, not stopping until she had reached the shadows of the other wall, and giving the tip of the other dragon's tail a nip as she went. She couldn't suppress another giggle, and a quieter high-pitched sound echoed gently from the shadows near the floor of the cave.

Raven looked around, with huge eyes, not sure how she was supposed to react. "I... I think so," she answered, examining the ceiling to make sure that whatever had hit her hadn't fallen from it. I wonder what on earth hit me! Maybe one of the mana crystals, perhaps? Or magic? Or... She felt her mouth spread into a wide smile as memories of her and her brother playing came to mind. She vividly remembered pranking him, especially the time when she'd put a dead snake in his sleeping area. It seems as though we have a prankster! Too bad they forgot that we black Dragons have wonderful night vision! she giggled softly. Searching the shadows for the shape of another dragon, a quick flash of purple from behind Mihari caught her eye.

An idea suddenly popped into her head, and she hid a smile. She looked squarely into the Guardian hatchling's eyes and said solemnly, "I may not be a mana expert, but I've heard that a high concentration of it can interfere with our brain function and cause hallucinations." She hoped he didn't realize that she was sporting complete nonsense as she tried her best to keep a straight face.

"Ok that's good," Mihari said, inspecting the walls.

Mihari just couldn't seem to find whoever hit Raven; they seemed to have just disappeared in the shadows. Mihari looked around the walls of the cave once again, moving closer to the walls. Great, I lost them. They must be small to be able to hide that well, so they must be a hatchling too. Or a Pygmy. Mihari knew he had to move even closer, so slowly he inched toward the walls that the dragon was hiding near. At least, he hoped that was the right place.

"Gya!" Mihari squealed, noticing that something had bit is tail. He frantically looked around, wondering how they could sneak up on him that well. Mihari frantically looked around him, noticing something moving quickly back to the shadows of the walls, where he heard more soft giggling. He couldn't let them get away again, so he sprinted forward as quickly as he could, running into the wall head first as he did so.

"Agh...!" Mihari squealed, this time his own fault. When he got up, he noticed Raven was looking at him.

"I may not be a mana expert, but I've heard that a high concentration of it can interfere with our brain function and cause hallucinations," Raven told Mihari after he stood up."Really? That is interesting," Mihari said, somehow knowing that didn't make sense. After that, he didn't even try to look for the pygmy. He really didn't feel like running into anything else, so he walked back to Raven.

"I'm fine," he told her before continuing, "I'm pretty sure this dragon is a pygmy, but I could be wrong. Either way, they seem to be difficult to find, so may you help me find them?"

((Okay, so Quorran came to Zeditha when Rimaline and Sky were still there, but Irah had gone? I'm not sure exactly where everybody's situated. And what about Gallatin and the others? Where had Quorran flown from? unsure.gif))

After Rimaline had suggested to go inside, a Bright Breasted Wyvern burst into view, panting heavily. "I was sent.... to get help..... Galletian.... in trouble."

Rimaline quickly glanced over towards Zeditha. Did she know who this dragon is? And who was Galletian? Rimaline had already met so many new dragons in the span of about a day that she was surprised to meet another one; and even this other one was bringing news of another dragon. There sure were a lot more dragons in this world than Rimaline had realized.

Even though she was bursting with curiosity, Rimaline couldn't bring up the courage to ask who Galletian was. Hopefully she would be able to figure it out through the context of the conversation.

Enzy sprung to her tiny feet. "Huh?" She said, an unfamiliar voice ringing in her head. "Oh, hi!" She said to the little dragoness. It was only her, her brother, the new ((possibly blue unless I need to do another brush-up on my dragon stuff)) dragoness, and the other dragoness. She knew the words like she did in her thinks. Hmm. Weird. "Hello!"