rainface

Hatchlings

user posted image

Xeryo was about to disappear back into the foliage, but stopped as the blue nebula hatchling, Hatchling, he echoed in his mind, emerged. Despite his more sensible notions, Xeryo was curious, a trait in himself that he would have to eventually reconcile as he grows. But for now, he was torn, and then settled to glare moodily as the other hatchlings' eyes scanning the area landed on his own.

Patient, he was never the first to make a move, so he waited for the other to acknowledge his presence.

user posted image

Atria shivered a bit, like somebody had stepped on the tip of her tail. Somebody was watching her, and she knew it. She just didn't know where. Her eyes narrowed, and she lowered her starry head slightly, feigning indifference as she scanned the area around her.

"Where are you?" she muttered quietly.

Edited by davinhadaway2

user posted image

Xeryo saw the other hatchling appear unphased, nod calmly, and so he mistook it to mean that his presence had been acknowledged, and by the silence, dismissed in a way. He had completely missed the quiet murmur, and instead was sort of glad that nothing, as he saw it, had to be said. He liked it better this way; this way, he could go off on his own, search for something to hunt, while the other took its nighttime sleep.

Pleased with the turn of events, he turned and brushed past some bushes which rustled slightly as he walked by. So...

((Sorry, fast post. I have an acapella competition later in the day and am so not free ><"))

Artemis set her crystal a little further away from the digging site before delicately chipping the rocky layers with her claws.

Ren nods. "Alright. Well, if you don't know about Evil Crusher, just be aware, I suppose. If you ever see him - a vampire dragon - then run. I doubt anyone would have much chance of beating him in battle. He usually will just taunt the dragon and basically both mentally and physically tortures the dragon until death or near death. So be alert." She hoped she didn't bring a dark mood, she hadn't meant to, but the dragon had to know.

Mice was confused, but hey. This dragon hasn't been dangerous and he hasn't met this Evil Crusher dragon, so why doubt her?

"Mice: Alright. I'll take your word for it. If we see him, we'll stay away."

Suddenly, Velocia returned with more prey with her. She dropped it all down before facing the 2 in front of her.

"Velocia: Hey Mice! Oh, so this is the dragon you were talking about? If so, it's nice to meet you! If not, then a big woops on my part."

Venus giggled, her tail swinging. She flew up a little bit and looked down at Jorack- He blended in nicely with the room. Venus turned back and nodded with approval to Crusher, after smiling venomously at Jorack. Venus thought about Crusher's question for a moment before answering. "It should be a perfect balance between warm and cold except just a little bit on the warm side." She stated, without noticing how picky her demands were.

-------------------------------------------

Okay, good plan. Let's start. Amber said. She slithered forward to help, but then realized... Oh... I don't have any paws, so I guess I can't dig. She hit the wall with her tail, but nothing happened. So she slithered back next to Stoneza looking guilty. Suddenly remembering the dragons she heard earlier, Amber now sensed more dragons. The two from earlier were still there, along with.... Ren? No, it probably wasn't Ren. They were so far away she had probably mistaken Ren for some other dragon. She thought she sensed another dragon a little farther away than the three, but she couldn't really tell. Or maybe it was two dragons. I should just stop trying anyways- They're too far. I'll just get false information.

Evil Crusher tilted his head as if to think "Perhaps we could fix that by simply moving to the entrance of this place. It has a over hang so the weather and the heat here should balance out." he said before looking into the pit with Jorack "Don't melt on us now, i left a spot for you to not die on. Would be a shame if you where to melt down." he taunted before getting up the geode's brother here will be your combat instructor. Since he has rejoined me he might as well be of use. And I expect he'll keep you alive if he wishes to live more." he said as if it was normal "If you get wounded I do know how to use herbs. You won't live long with out knowing how to heal your self. Even for one as my self" he explained. Truth was though he did not. But then again, he was willing to use everything, for his benefit besides.... power. He did not wish power. But he had it.

Crusher looked at Ambur "We'll need someone to move the dug up earth, your wings could help with that. Use them as scoops." he suggested to give her a use so she did not feel useless. He could not help but smile a little at Artemis's tentiveness of her digging "Claws will remain easy to brake if there not broken at times." he said

Ren smiles brightly as Velocia came into view. "Nice to meet you too! You're name is Velocia, correct? I am Ren." She glances at the prey that she had brought and dropped into a small pile. "Sorry to make you get more prey. You really didn't have to do all of that for me, you know. I don't mind hunting, really." She didn't want to make these dragons go through that kind of trouble just for her, seeing as she was sure they were already tired from travelling all day.

"Velcoia: No, no. It's fine. Honestly, I quite enjoy the extra hunting. The adrenaline of it can be quite fun. Well, at least the chasing. Not as keen on the killing."

Suddenly a fire arose from the pit Mice and Ren had made.

"Mice: Got the fire started!"

"Velcoia: Good! Anyway, let's start splitting up the food, shall we?"

user posted image

Atria's head shot towards the noise, and she cocked her head, her eyes catching only a flicker of brown before it dissapeared. Moving forward curiously, Atria took off towards the source of the sound, wishing it was darker outside, so she may blend better than she was now.

Edited by davinhadaway2

Ren nods. "Fine, if you insist. But you guys should take more than I do- its your food, anyway. Besides, I really don't mean to stay for long, I really should get back to finding my own group... Who knows, they could be in trouble of some sort. I really don't know."

"Velocia: Well, Mice is pretty small, so he won't be eating a whole lot. I'm probably gonna fill quite up if I eat the majority. As for your group, we can help you find them after we eat if you'd like."

Mice was always chowing down on some of the smaller animals Velocia brought, like a few birds, while she took a bite out of some deer.

Artemis let out an unladylike snort. "They're too precious to break," she told the Magi. "Shimmer claws don't grow back as shiny if they break, and I happen to like them the way they are now," she continued huffily, sitting back and glancing at him through narrowed amber. She continued her gentle scratching of the rocks, doing her best not to let her claw tips get caught in a hole.

Edited by sharlykng

user posted image

Xeryo

The blue hatchling, unaware of the hatchling following his trail, walked through the forest with eyes peeled for some prey to eat. A rabbit, or a deer, were the most likely candidates. And at night, since rabbits were holed up, he was looking for deer. Unfortunately, since there were a lot of dragons around this area, as he now guessed, he wasn't likely to find anything for a while.

Ren settled herself by a small amount of prey and started eating a few bites here and there. "That would be wonderful if you could help me. I'm really not sure where they are as of now, but I hope to find them, and find them safe. It wouldn't be good if they are trapped or hurt..." She sighs, then continues eating more of her prey that Velocia had kindly captured for her.

user posted image

Atria landed on the ground not far from where she'd seen him, starting through the brush, wondering whether she would blend better in the dark forest, or in the blue sky. Either way, she was visible. She started off after the other hatchling, setting her feet close together so she didn't brush any branches, or make much noise. She hoped.

((Sorry guys! Something came up un-expectedly but I'll be able to post again))

Jorack heard what Crusher said and slowly shuffled to the spot where he could be relatively safe, he knew it was far too early to just give up and let himself melt, he know je could escape this place, one day it would happen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zegonor looked at Venus for some timr, studying her, he then asked "Is there anything you are exceptionally good at? Have you ever been trained before?" He would need to know a few other things, but he would ask when they needed to be answered

"Velocia: Well, where's the last place you remember seeing them? Who knows, they could be nearby."

Velocia had already finished 3 deer and was on to her fourth. Mice, however, was looking into the forest for some reason. Maybe it was just his imagination, but he could've sworn he heard something.....He shrugs it off and keeps eating.

Ren finally finishes her first deer, and is done eating for now. She wasn't too hungry, she was more concerned about finding her group than satisfying her hunger. "I last saw them in a cave. I was separated from them when there was a big rock slide. They've probably moved on by now, but I don't think they've gotten out of the cave yet."

"Velocia: Wait, what?"

Velocia suddenly flew up. She looked around the area left and right. Then she saw something that sparked he curiosity. She squinted her eyes and flew a bit close to why was peeking her interest. The moment she knew what it was, she let out a gasp of glee and a smile with it. She flew right back down to the others and turned to Ren.

"Velocia: That's awesome! It's far and I might be wrong, but I think I saw a mountain cave. However, it seemed closed off. It might be where your group is! The first time a coincidence is this awesome in my life!"

user posted image

Xeryo

Alert as he was to any movement, he noticed the small noise of something walking through the brush, a slight rustle, and sharply turned around and gave chase- only to have to skid to a halt, digging his paws into the earth. Oh. It was the hatchling. Xeryo's tail twitched sardonically. "What are you doing here?" he asked, narrowing his eyes, genuine surprise and annoyance in his voice. What was that hatchling doing? He had thought that it was taking a nap.

Oh! good idea! Amber thought happily, beginning to scoop the dirt away with her wings. She didn't mind them getting dirty- She could always wash them off. Or maybe if she learned to fly, she could just fly around and the dirt would blow off...

-------------------------------------------------

"Okay!" Venus replied, glancing at Jorack and making sure he wasn't trying to escape. "Well I'm a fast flyer and I have good eyesight." Venus stated, in reply to Zengor asking what she was good at. Of course her answer would have been "everything" but that wouldn't help with her training. Besides, Zengor probably already knew she was good at everything... "No, I haven't been trained before. Venus was born a good flyer, and she didn't know this but her new strength from Crusher's corruption had made her even better.

Good Crusher shook his head a little but did not press the issue. Stoneza helped Ambur gather the loose soil as he could not help with the digging with everyone else in front of him. Plus, he had been elected as the one to hold the whole tunnel up. That would be hard. Every now and that Crusher would run into a crystal formation and have to dig around it till it could be removed. But progress was being made.

Evil Crusher looked into the pit watching Jorack go to the spot where he would not melt. Smiling to him self he looked at Venus and Zegonor "You 2 get to know each other. Then start training. I'll go and see what other prisoners I can return with. Once Jorack has lived his usefulness I think someone would like to have one to replace him with." he said honestly bored right now.