rainface

Hatchlings

Ren nods. "Thats probably it! Great eye, Velocia. I guess I'm ready to go and check it out whenever you guys are done eating," she said, her tail curling around her neatly so she can comfortably wait for them to finish their meals. She really did want to rejoin her group, and she hoped she could find them soon. There was the possibility that they had made it out, but she couldn't be sure.

"Velocia: Alright. Come on Mice! Let's make this quick!"

Velocia and Mice dug into their food more and more. Within a few minutes, they had eaten their share. Both sighed with relief and decided to leave the remains for the wolves and such. Velocia approached Ren with a smile.

"Velocia: Alright. I think we're ready. Anything you can think to take guys?"

"Mice: I've got nothing. You Ren?"

user posted image

Atria pulled her head back in surprise to the new hatchling. "Is there a rule against it?" she snapped back, more out of surprise and habit than anger.

user posted image

Xeryo

His eyes widened briefly at her snap, pulling his head back. He then narrowed them again, trying to think up an answer to her retort. "...No," he relented relunctantly, whipping his tail to one side to emphasize annoyance. "But there should be." He didn't offer any explanation for his reasoning whatsoever to Atria.

She shook her head. "No, not really. The only thing they might want is food but it'd just be best if we catch it fresh once we know they're safe. We should be on our way, the sooner the better." She smiled briefly. "Velocia, lead the way, if you will."

user posted image

Atria snorted, sitting down after a moment. "If you really like to know," she said. "I was following what I believed to be somebody watching me. Or somebody who was at some point watching me. No?"

"Velocia: Alright, let's go!"

"Mice: *whispers in Velocia's ear* Velocia, make sure to go a tiny bit slow this time around. If you go too fast, we might lose her."

Velocia listened and prepared to take off. With that, Mice jumped onto her back beforehand. Afterwards, she flew off into the air. She looked around and found the location of where the cave might be. She left off a smile before she flew into the direction of where the mountain cave where Ren's group should be. She made sure to follow what Mice said and go a tiny bit slower.

((Not sure what to write... :/))

user posted image

Xeryo

Her reasoning irked him. "Sure. Mutually watching; I stayed only long enough for you to see me." He wished he hadn't let the hatchling know he was there... doing things for others; he should have only thought of himself. "You didn't seem to care then." The unspoken question being, why did she care now?

((@ LLD: Maybe you should PM those who need to post so you can continue?))

Ren flew up into the air and followed Velocia swiftly and quickly. At times it was a bit hard to keep up, especially since she was still tired and sore. But she managed to keep up nonetheless and followed Velocia to where she said the cave entrance would be.

Within a few minutes, they had made it. Velocia landed on a nearby rock that was next to what appeared to be a sealed off entrance. An entrance blocked off by nothing but rocks and boulders. Mice soon got off and inspected the block off while Velocia tried to claw at a few rocks to get them out.

"Velocia: Well, this could be awhile....."

Zegonor looked at Venus at said "so, combining your eyesights and excellent sight you would be very good at scout and attacks from the sky, but I'm here to teach you, not tell you what you already know, sl tell me, what would you like to learn?"

Ren sighed at the sight of the rocks. "Delightful," she murmured sarcastically. "Do you think we should get to work on this, or should we look around a little more to see if we can find any more entrances?" She glanced at Velocia. "Do you remember if you saw any other entrances while you passed by?" she asked hopefully. It may take a while to dig through this, but if they had to, then they might as well start. But the possibility of another entrance sounded much better.

"Velocia: I don't remember seeing another when I went up. This was the only one that was in my direction I think. Sorry. We could check around to see if there're anymore though. Though, chances are, this might be our best shot at finding your friends."

Mice was already digging at the rocks as he moved rock after rock. He looked around for anything that stuck out, but nothing. Velocia flew back from the rocks and looked to her left and right for any other caves. She really didn't want to have to dig this entire thing.....

((I don't really know what to post for amber ^^wink.gif)

Venus considered what she should learn. After a brief moment if silence, she answered "I'd like to know how to do fancy fighting moves." She would like to learn how to fight in the air, but she didn't think the zombie could fly. Oh wait. That means she had an opportunity to ask if he could fly and, if he couldn't, make him jealous and annoyed! "I'd like to learn air combat too. That is, if you're capable of teaching it..." She added.

Ren nods, and starts shifting rocks around herself. "I suppose if you want to, you can do a quick look around to see if there are any other cave entrances. But I think I will start working on this, and so I can see where this tunnel entrance leads." She clawed at the rocks and picked a few up here and there, making a slow but steady progression on the rock wall.

A Copper egg sat alone in the darkness, it's soft red glow attracting a few moths. The area around the dragon inside was no longer big enough to support her growing body, the cracks getting bigger whenever she pressed against the shell. The chill of the night prevented her from hatching so she continued to wait, hoping her mother's voice would free her from the uncomfortable silence.

But she didn't return...

Some time had passed since a fight broke out not far from where she was hidden. It took awhile for the commotion to die down until all she could hear were a few birds chirping in the trees. But that too soon subsided. Now she was all alone... abandoned...

Edited by Booo

"Velocia; Yeah, I think I'm gonna do that. The amount of rocks here are staggering and there has to be more entrances somewhere. I'll either come back or yell if I find anything so make sure to be lookout for me. Good luck guys."

Velocia flew off in search of other caves as Mice continued clawing at the rocks and making few dents what with his small size. He sighs and instead does the more simple, inventive thing. He gets at an angle to push one of the rocks before pushing it out of place. It was a tiny bit tiring, but much easier and more eventful than trying to claw at the rocks in vain. He continued to do this.

She nodded briefly as Velocia explained her plan, and watched as she left. She then began moving more rocks. The majority of small rocks were already shifted out of the way, and now she had to start working on the bigger rocks. She could shift them with a bit of effort, but she decided using a stick as a lever-type mechanism would be easier. She wedged a small but sturdy and thick stick in between the rocks that were the biggest and began working on those, leaving the smaller ones to Mice, seeing as things would go faster this way.

((Time skippers as promised with the group with my chars in them))

It took a while and even Stoneza was tired from holding up the tunnel as they went. When Crusher finally found fresh air he pushed through and began to help the others out of the tunnel. His paws where hurting something bad from all the digging but they where out. Last came Stoneza who collapsed on his side "Can we avoid underground escapes now?" Stoneza asked.

Crusher was panting though his nose picked up on the scent of a dead body... or blood hard to tell with the smell of dirt in his nose. "Catch your breath, wait here.... something smells off." he said before starting to follow it. Eventually he came across an egg, looked to be alive still, the home showed signs of an attack. He prayed it was not yet more victims to his counter part.

Evil Crusher meanwhile had gone to entertain him self. Going to the spot where he first detected others he followed the scent before hearing sounds of them communicating. Cloaking he went entirely invisible and snuck towards the group. One he reconized from before, Ren was her name if he recalled.

As Velocia checked more and more, it didn't seem like there was much else in the caves she found. They were either empty, particularly creepy, or just covered by rocks or something else. She just shrugged before starting to head back to the group. There had to be more important things to do than just check around the mountains for nothing, nothing, and, surprise, more nothing. She needed entertainment and she needed something to do. So why not? Besides, they were probably just still clawing at the rocks as she thought.

Artemis dramatically gulped in lungfuls of fresher air as she pulled herself out of the tunnel, collapsing a little away to give room for the others. "That's one place I'm never going into willingly again," she mumbled in between pants, her head slumping to one side, oblivious of Crusher padding away from the group.

((I don't really know what to post for amber ^^wink.gif)

Venus considered what she should learn. After a brief moment if silence, she answered "I'd like to know how to do fancy fighting moves." She would like to learn how to fight in the air, but she didn't think the zombie could fly. Oh wait. That means she had an opportunity to ask if he could fly and, if he couldn't, make him jealous and annoyed! "I'd like to learn air combat too. That is, if you're capable of teaching it..." She added.

Zegonor looked at Venus and said "well 'fancy fighting moves' I can teach with rather ease but flying, while I can actually fly I am not the best at it, just look at my state" He sat for a minute, pondering the different moves he could teach, he would have to find a nice, empty area with very few trees to use as practice, he said "We'll need to find a nice, empty, training are, we can fly there so you can show your flying capabilities"

Ren sighed as she slowed her digging to a stop. Her body that had been already sore from the rockslide became even worse due to all of this digging and shifting rocks around. Mice and her had made a dent in the rock wall, but that was about it. She turns to Mice. "This is going to take much longer than I expected," she said with a hint of disappointment in her tone. She then shrugs. "I guess we should go find Velocia and see what she's found. Hopefully something worth while." She remained completely unaware that Evil Crusher lurked nearby. She was too tired and sore to keep herself as alert as she normally is.