rainface

Hatchlings

Stoneza looked at Glower and now was getting... annoyed. Was everyone here going to get moody and snappy and down all the time. He looked at Amber and came over to look at the opening. Crusher eventually came over as well "Possible, we'll need something to help keep the roof up though as we dig." Crusher muttered sniffing it a little before pawing at it testing the rock and soil around it. "What do the rest of you think? Shuold we dig or find another way?" he asked.

Evil Crusher pointed to a patch of rock that was not super heated "Get in there Jorack. your a Geo, you'll survive." he ordered. The smell would have been correct for Evil Crusher had be been dead before. Which he had not so it was a little hard to smell like the corps he was not. Though he did smell Zegonor's smell. But dismissed it. He looked at Venus "How does this home look for your pet?" he asked

((Oh, sorry, I'll edit my post))

Ren tilted her head to the side slightly. "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Ren." She came a little closer. "What're you and your friend doing here?" She blinked. "Err, I mean, if you don't mind me asking, anyway." She glanced around, just to make sure there weren't any other dragons nearby- she always was sure to make sure that there wasn't any possibility of an ambush or attack of some sort.

((It's fine.))

"Mice:: All we're doing is gathering food and probably setting up camp. Hmm....."

Mice looked over the dragon. She didn't see like a large menace. Even if she was, it would be 2 against one if she tried. He sighed knowing he might regret this big time, but.....

"Mice: If you want, you can stay. So more paws to help set up camp would be nice."

((@davinhadaway2 : Well, you could have your dragon fly in nearby the caves, that is where the majority of the dragons are. ))

Ren nods slightly. "Alright, I'll help. But I have to leave sometime soon- I was separated from my group by a rock slide inside the caves nearby." She came into the area that Mice was setting up camp and looked around. "Alright, what should I get started on?" She'd never really set up a camp before, most of the time she either slept alone in a cave, which was basically her home. She figured she'd have to learn though, because with Evil Crusher around the area, she had to be moving her location often,

((Okay, thank you!))

Atria backwheeled a bit on her wings, looking back in the distance. Her hatching-cave, as she'd come to think of it, had dissapeared long ago into the distance, but it still made her sad. She'd left it over 20 years ago, only to go back, and then leave once more. Searching for something comforting, she looked at the sky. Even with the time of day, she could see the stars twinkling above, her ever-lasting companions. Feeling better, she looked about for a second before spotting a cave on a cliff-face and descending towards it, wanting to rest.

"Mice: Let's see.....Since Velocia's getting food, we should probably start getting some firewood. I'll see if I can find any flint. You see if you can find any firewood."

Ren's ears flicker in reply and she nods. "Alright, sounds good." She turns around and trots off, looking for good wood that was nice and dry. She found some old logs nearby, and she began tearing away at the logs to make some nice, sizable pieces of firewood to take back to Mice's and Velocia's camp.

Velocia soon came running back with a few fresh kills. Some birds, some deer, and some squirrels. Nothing too special. Mice looked back at her with a smile.

"Mice: Hey! Welcome back. Listen, there's a Black Dragon that'll be with us this evening so could you get more food?"

"Velocia: What?! But I just went and I want to eat..."

"Mice: I'll let you have part of my share."

And with that, Velocia was off.

Venus saw the looks on the dragon's faces, her tail flicking with delight. The zombie was surprised- Maybe that would teach him something about who has the real power here. Jorack looked pretty discouraged, probably thinking he would die here. He was probably right.... But not yet. "It's perfect!" Venus said in reply to Crusher's question.

----------------------------------------------

I'd vote for digging, because we don't know if there are other ways.Amber said. Then, to Crusher, she added And I think SOMEBODY is hungry... She glanced at Sky. Hunger was probably what was making him grouchy, same with everyone else.

Atria landed in front of the cave, using the claws on the joint of her wing to balance as she went into the cave. There were a few other caves nearby, but she knew others were inside those, and didn't wish to intrude. She merely wished to rest. She curled up at the front of the cave, setting her eyes on the sky. She planned on hunting later, if she could find anything.

Zegonor whispered in to Jorack's ear just before Jorack would walk to his spot "Have fun melting buddy" he then snickered and watched Jorack slowly walk to his certain demise

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jorack slowly and nervously walked to his new home, terrified of what would happen, he laid down finally feeling the heats full affect and screamed in pain

Ren came back a little while later, bunches of wood in her jaws and claws. She drops her stuff off in a neat little pile, then notices the pile of prey in the middle. "How did that get here? Did the other dragon come back already?" She sat down as she asked, and she pawed at a few splinters that had gotten caught in her claws that had been annoying her.

"Mice: Yep. You'd be surprised how fast Velocia is. Anyway, I'll start making the fire pit."

Mice had finally found a some flint under a few leaves. He started to make a dirt circle afterwards to mark where the fire would be. He then looked around for more rocks.

Artemis shrugged. She did not really care whether which method they were using as long as she got to eat. "Whichever's the fastest way out," she replied, moving closer to where Amber had pointed out and inspecting the wall. "Stoneza can hold the roof while we dig," she suggested. The stone was a perfect column of sturdiness when it came to it.

Atria heard a dragon land outside the cave and lifted her starry blue and black head, looking out at the dragon. (Ren) Sighing, she piled her head back in, the smell of the prey out there making her stomach growl.

Ren had thought she had caught the scent of another dragon that was nearby, and even heard something similar to a stomach growling, but she dismissed it as her own stomach. Though she really wasn't hungry, so she didn't take any prey for herself. She helped Mice gather a few rocks together for the fire pit. "So, why are you guys coming around in this area? Any reason in particular?" She decided to continue conversation so it makes her being there a little less awkward.

Good Crusher nodded and looked at Stoneza who sighed but gave a nod back "Alright, lets start. Just try to make sure I can leave each section with out getting trapped. I am alive too and would rather finish growing out side then underground." he said and Crusher nodded before starting to dig. "Watch for more crystals. Don't need shredded paws as we do this." Crusher said as he started digging.

Evil Crusher smiled at Joracks pain and sat down before looking at Venus "Whats your preference on the temperature for where you live?" he asked. The heat coming from the now screaming pit due to Jorack was quite hot and warming the place up. Evil Crusher did not care him self but Venus was not half dead yet.

((Does anybody know what time of day it is ingame?))

"Mice: Eh. Not really any in particular. I thought I saw a nice meal, we came down, and then Velocia went to get said meal. Anyway, that should be enough rocks."

Mice stopped gathering rocks and instead started placing them around the circle he made. He seemed to have plenty, but at any time he could run out.

((I think it's night or evening.))

Edited by Zeke1479

((Evening, going towards night I suppose.))

Ren stopped gathering as well. "Ah, I see. Well, I do hope you know about Evil Crusher, right? He's been in this area lately, so we have to be aware of any signs that he might be coming." She started picking up the sticks that were in the pile nearby and bringing it to Mice so he could rearrange them. She'd never really made a proper fire pit before, she usually stayed in the dark.

user posted image

Nighttime was approaching. As Xeryo felt his skin loosen from the tight petrification, he slowly stood, stretching. A brief yawn stretched his jaws open, and he opened his eyes, glad to see the light fading from view and instead greet the warmth of the night. As a nocturne, he had no trouble seeing in the darkness. Xeryo set off ducking under the branches of a bush in the foliage of the forest, glad that his muscles were soft and sinewy again after the long petrified rest during the daytime.

Xeryo had recognized the area from the night before, and now meant to return to the cave that he had hid in one time but five years earlier. It had been a nice place for his purposes at the time, but as he came nearer, he recognized that there was another dragon here and paused to approach more carefully and silently. Xeryo actually liked company, contrary to what he tells himself and others. He stopped as he saw the dragon curled up looking towards the sky, and then, goal of investigating complete, saw no other reason to be there. He didn't absolutely have to go to the cave, but he saw no harm in sticking around. It wasn't likely that the dragon, blue nebula, would bother him as long as it didn't know he was there.

Venus giggled, her tail swinging. She flew up a little bit and looked down at Jorack- He blended in nicely with the room. Venus turned back and nodded with approval to Crusher, after smiling venomously at Jorack. Venus thought about Crusher's question for a moment before answering. "It should be a perfect balance between warm and cold except just a little bit on the warm side." She stated, without noticing how picky her demands were.

-------------------------------------------

Okay, good plan. Let's start. Amber said. She slithered forward to help, but then realized... Oh... I don't have any paws, so I guess I can't dig. She hit the wall with her tail, but nothing happened. So she slithered back next to Stoneza looking guilty. Suddenly remembering the dragons she heard earlier, Amber now sensed more dragons. The two from earlier were still there, along with.... Ren? No, it probably wasn't Ren. They were so far away she had probably mistaken Ren for some other dragon. She thought she sensed another dragon a little farther away than the three, but she couldn't really tell. Or maybe it was two dragons. I should just stop trying anyways- They're too far. I'll just get false information.

"Mice: Evil Crusher? Nope, never heard of him. Me and Velocia are travelers, but we're honestly pretty out of the know."

Mice checked each stick, making sure they were completely dry and dead. Afterwards, he let out a smile as after everything, there were only a few sticks that definitely wouldn't work.

"Mice: Alright. Now let's just wait for Velocia."

Atria stood up after a while and stepped out of her cave, looking around. She could've sworn she heard other dragons around. Maybe she was wrong. Glancing at the sky, she yawned, scanning the area with her eyes.