rainface

Hatchlings

"Mice: Yeah. But let's rest first.....That pushing was tiring......and annoying."

Mice's body pretty much just flopped onto the floor. He was completely exhausted and could barely feel his own legs. The only things that weren't exhausted were his wings and that was just because he hadn't flown in so long.

As Velocia started her way back, she spotted something. It looked like a few dragons were exiting a nearby cave a bit below where she flew. Her eyes opened wide in surprise, but then they went back to normal as she smiled. It looked like she had news after all. She flew back even faster than before as she headed for where Mice and Ren were to tell them the good news.

Evil Crusher remained in the shadows cloaked rendering him 100% percent invisible just keeping an eye on them. The opportunity to strike would be soon. More there where the better as the funner it would be. He knew there was a 3rd one near by was hard to miss her seeing as she went towards the cave. He decided to play up on there nerves, he let out a quiet growl, just loud enough to sound in there ears but not loud enough at all. Making it sound like they just imagined it.

The hatchling could hear leaves being crushed under the weight of something gigantic, the footsteps grew louder until the beast cast a shadow over her glowing egg. Was this it? Had her mother finally returned? The thought made her roll over in excitement causing her egg to crack open. She stuck her head through the hole and looked up at the dragon who stood before her.

Edited by Booo

Crusher watched the egg move about then the head of a hatchling poked through. He smiled looking at the little one. He lowered his head to its level crouching to not look intimidating or try not too. Not like his hide was lacking scars and healing cuts and the works. "Hey there" he said softly "Your in safe paws now." he said looking around fearing the worst for the little ones parent's.

user posted image

Xeryo

Xeryo was annoyed: she was obviously lying or obviously dumb. Cooincidences did not happen so perfectly the way events had unfolded. "Eye contact was made," he said slowly as though speaking to someone not so bright, and his voice was clearly doubtful. "And you didn't see me? And then after making eye contact, you nodded and then settled to sleep again. You nodded after making eye contact for a good few seconds and then made as if you were going to sleep." He repeated the last bit for emphasis.

"And you didn't see me." Xeryo stated this part rather than asked it.

((Gonna be gone for awhile. Almost 3 weeks. Going to camp. Sorry guys.))

((Thanks for the heads up.))

The hatchling hesitated at first. His voice was not the one she recognized but he seemed friendly and wanting to help her. She climbed onto his head to get a better view of her surroundings but she couldn't see well during the night. She bent over and looked into his eyes. "Papa?"

Edited by Booo

Stoneza looked at the others that came out of the hole "Alright..... I vote tree's for shelter tonight..... I've had my share of rocks for today." he admitted then looked at his paw "That are not part of me." he added on.

Crusher let the little one climb onto his head and carefully raised it so she could get a better view around her wings ready to help him save her if she fell off. He had not seen the parent's body's yet.... maybe they where still alive. His counter part... if it was his counter part, did not always kill, sometimes he would get satisfied with his victims give before they reach fatal status.

Evil Crusher smiled before coming out of the bushes still cloaked. Though stopped holding his presents in, now they would start to feel a not so good feeling as he approached. When he got right up behind one he smiled before taking a breath in before suddenly decloaking and letting out a blood curdling shriek. Before cloaking again to observe there reactions.

Stoneza's head shot to the direction he heard it from "Crap." he muttered

Artemis' head shot up at the shrill noise. "What was that?" she asked curiously. She'd never heard such a sound emitted from any creature she had encountered before. She got up and circled around to stand closer to Stoneza to hide behind. "Where's Crusher? We should stick together," she told him, feeling slightly uneasy at her lack of experience in such matters. Hiding from the world didn't really help matters before she met with this group.

Edited by sharlykng

A white moth flew by which caught the hatchling's attention and she chased it all the way to the end of Crusher's tail, swatting at it and growling playfully. She almost lost her balance a few times but each time she recovered. The playing stopped however upon hearing a frightening sound in the distance. She shrunk into a ball and began quivering in fear.

Edited by Booo

Ren was nodding in agreement to Mice's decision on taking a small break when she heard the growl. She had dismissed it, she was too tired to really think about it. Then she heard the loud shriek, making her freeze on the spot. She could tell he was nearby- but she couldn't see him. She knew which dragon that shriek belonged to. She slowly turned her head to scan the area. She saw nothing, but her heart was still pounding against her rib cage. She let out a shuddering sigh and watched for any signs of Evil Crusher being nearby.

user posted image

Atria frowned. "If you believe I am lying, you are horribly mistaken. I do not tolerate those who do not speak the truth, or those who accuse me of it.

user posted image

Xeryo

"Small world," he responded dryly to Atria's remark. He had little doubt now that the hatchling in front of him was telling the truth... and that left the option of her or he himself being dumb, which Xeryo firmly believed was false. Either way was unlikely, so what was more likely was that his first choice was correct; she was a liar. Albeit a really good liar. Xeryo did not like being lied to continually, especially when the alternative was him having been fooled by coincidental circumstance. "No doubt then that with curiosity sated, you should leave me to hunt."

Xeryo paused, conflicted for a moment after his choice of words. Her curiosity may have been satisfied, but his own... he gave a silent long-suffering sigh before adding, "...Or you could join me."

((So no one is near by Ren? Strange could have sworn more where around that character.))

((Mice is nearby, and Velocia is coming towards them quickly to tell them that Crusher and Stoneza and such are nearby. Thus Crusher's group is nearby. But other than Mice and Evil Crusher, no other characters are too close to Ren.))

user posted image

Atria looked at him for a moment, her blue eyes burning. She wasn't sure if she should trust this hatchling. Then again, she was never sure if she should trust anybody. But it also seemed as if this hatchling didn't trust her either. She understood. Nebulas were the dreamers of the dragons, the watchers. Her tail tip twiched slightly. That was often mistaken for dumb.

"I'll join you," she agreed, warily.

user posted image

Xeryo

"Alright." Relief seeped into his voice, though he was somewhat wary that she had agreed so easily, since she didn't seem to like him... nor did he her. Xeryo just hadn't wanted to deal with having his questions unanswered, but she had no reason to go hunting with him. Unless she was bored, incredibly simple, with time she was willing to spend with someone she mutually distrusted. Well, she did agree, so he had to deal with it now. His eyes narrowed with focus. "Come on," Xeryo turned and started going in a direction away from the caves-which-dragons-gathered-and-scared-prey, more towards where he had been heading before. Without explanation, as usual. Xeryo just didn't seem to get that he actually had to communicate in order for others to understand his thought process; or, more accurately, he frequently forgot with long breaks between interactions with other dragons.

((Could of sworn a hatchling was near by Ren... well I guess he gave only Ren a heart attack then while spooking the others, That must mean Xeryo and those with that char are far off elsewhere then since they don't seem to have taken any notice))

Evil Crusher watched Ren scan the area before he decloaked behind her "By your lonesome now are we?" he asked in a whispering sinister like voice before cloaking and then decloaking beside her "How foolish." he said in a 'oh well' like manner before vanishing again "Whats your move?" came a voice like he was whispering right into her left ear.

Crusher folded his wings on his back as the little one curled up into a ball and he went on to his hind legs gently scooping her up in his for paws. "Your safe little one." he said softly before starting to make his way to the others though slower from only being on 2 legs now.

Stoneza looked around at the shriek before at the hatchling behind him now "He sounds a ways off still that's good news." he said sniffing the air "But soon the scent of blood will follow if he's anywhere down wind. I have yet to see him not harm one unless he wants to watch them run." he admitted "Which thankfully.... does not seem to be us."

She flinched when she heard his voice behind her, disappeared, then appeared beside her again. Her heart was pounding, and she forced herself to talk calming, deep breaths. She watched him with a cold gaze, but she didn't seem too scared nor angry. Her ear flickered when she heard his voice right next to her left ear. She blinked slowly, thinking of his question. She really had no idea of what to do. "What do you suppose I'll do?" she asked simply, instead.

"You'll cry out." was the response before his 3 pointed tail shot for her rump. He made a point to not hit her spine though as that would cut off her feeling to everything below and then the amount of pain he could inflict on her would be smaller. She was no threat to him "And then you will struggle" he said before twisting his tail. He wanted entertainment, and he would see her bleed as she cried out in pain, or he would see her run. He did not care which one. Seemed she wanted the pain.

((If she's aiming to get him off her, I'll give you some advice, strike a deal with him. Remember he's not out for power or control this is merely for entertainment to him.))

Edited by little lost dragon

She gasped in pain and her legs buckled from underneath her. She let out a pained grunt but then clamped her jaw shut to prevent her from yelping in pain. She didn't want to give him the satisfaction of letting him get to her. Although it was extremely painful, she managed to keep her jaws shut. Her eyes were shut tightly as she tried to ignore the pain. She then opened her eyes and let out a shuddering sigh. Another wave of pain shot through her, making her flinch and let out another grunt in pain. "I-if you stop, I... I.. uh, we can make a deal?" she asked hopefully, but she tried to hide the hint of desperation in her tone the best she could.

Evil Crusher smiled a bit. She may not have done either that he had wanted. But only desperate ones ask to make a deal with him. Unless it was that one Moonstone who vanished. He yanked out his bladed tail though placed his front claws on either side of her neck "Make a wrong move and I'll shred your neck, now, tell me the details of this deal your proposing." he said into her hear "Double cross me and you'll seal your death." he stated with a hiss.

Stoneza looked around at the shriek before at the hatchling behind him now "He sounds a ways off still that's good news." he said sniffing the air "But soon the scent of blood will follow if he's anywhere down wind. I have yet to see him not harm one unless he wants to watch them run." he admitted "Which thankfully.... does not seem to be us."

((Who's still with our group? Seems like it's only Artemis and Stoneza... Where's Amber? Not counting Dream's characters))

Artemis visibly relaxed. "Good good, that's good..." she muttered, seeming to reassure herself. "Should we go find Crusher?" Her tail swayed lightly as she sat on her haunches to look at Stoneza at a better angle; her neck was not that flexible to tilt that much.

user posted image

Atria frowned, flicking her starry tail and following him, her wings brushing a branch as she went, keeping him in sight through the trees.