rainface

Hatchlings

Evil Crusher was still smiling when she dived into the meat and when she grabbed the other rabbit as well. He noticed how eye's eye's seemed to pick up on the black whisps but she seemed to hardly care for them "I'll teach you what you need to know to thrive, how to defend your self, and how to satisfy your self. And if you want, I'll teach you a few tricks if you wish to join me in my goal to make it possible for our kind, all kinds, to survive, right now I'm the only one doing so here. Its not a well liked job, but most lack the needed.... the understanding of the porpuse of the duty. They also then poison the minds of there young making those like me look like monsters, creatures to be killed, but not for the balance, but so they can live the way they think will be safe." he said glancing out of the cave "Venus, I wish to know what you think of all this? You've heard me speak and you've listened, It is time for you to speak now and for me to listen." he said with a small bow seeing as she wanted to feel important, that she'd get what she wanted. However, her answer would be a sign if she would take to his teaching, or would be easily turned away. Though from what he could tell, she was soaking this all up like human cloth in water.

((*hopes no one litterly takes to his wording* Oh boy.... don't think he's ever dived that deep into this. He finds this fun which for one secures your characters life for sure. He may even have her as his partner in his... dark ways.... (sounds cheese to me but dunnu how else to word it lol))))

user posted image

"O-okay," Sour said as he peeked out from behind Glower's wing. He hesitantly trotted over to the Magi dragon.

~~~

user posted image

Glower was outraged. Babying Sour? He thought she was babying him?! She was just defending Sour! She lifted a wing to let Sour pass. However, she just kept a poker face on, not letting anyone see that she was actually angry. She ignored Stoneza's little 'joke'.

((Partnership it is!))

Venus thought for a moment, then replied. "I don't understand- Them, I mean. Why are they so stupid?" She asked. Things die- It's not a big deal! There are plenty of things in the world, and they will die too. Why does it matter when, and how? She felt the urge to punish these dragons, and give them a taste of their own medicine.

Amber watched as Glower lifted her wing. She hoped that she didn't hold grudges....

((Oh by the way, Amber doesn't know that she's the only one who can sense emotions))

Crusher kept going till they where a distance from the group before sitting down and looking at Sour "Your not a killer Sour, I did not intend on giving that message when I got after you." he admitted "Sky.... he seems to just go with what he hears right now. Don't pay him mind if he calls you that alright? I got after you thought because I don't want such a thing to happen again alright?" he said trying to make his point clear "Again, your not a killer, Your not bad luck. Trust me..... I've known one who is bad luck..... you don't want her around." he said speaking of one hatchling he knew of.

Evil Crusher looked at her "For most of them there mindless followers of what ever you tell them when there hatchling, set in there ways as they grow up, then refuse to see the reason behind things they refuse to try to understand the motives. They see what I do and call it cruel, they don't see why I do so." he explained "Its a simple matter of them being closed minded. No matter, something must happen for the balance to thrive so we may thrive." he finished off saying

user posted image

"But...but..." Sour stuttered.

"My parents died because of me! Because I went out too far and wasn't back fast enough! If I had gotten back to them, I could've...I could've..." Sour didn't know what to say.

Crusher shook his head "The death of your parents was beyond your control. What ever killed them most likely would have killed you as well had you shown up." he explained trying to be careful of his wording. Why where these particular hatchlings so soft that say one wrong word and they run like you said something can't possibly be wrong. Like they did not think for them selfs. All the others he met where able to.... why not these ones? He was used to questions, looks of thinking, actually processing what they heard. This batch was... just taking it and running with it it was annoying to be honest. He liked it when those he spoke to showed the ability to think. Not just soaking up everything. These ones would easily be twisted for his counter parts ideals.

"Lets not dwell on your parent's death, your not the only one lacking parents. I never met mine, Stoneza lost his." he pointed out.

((Bumps.))

Artemis snickered at Stoneza's comment. Then she studied the stone dragon closely. "Are you still having head problems? I might be able to try something with that," she inquired, her peripheral vision spotting some puddles of water from the incident.
Edited by sharlykng

((Ack missed that, my bad sorry))

Stoneza looked at Artemis and tilted his head "I know my head is aching pretty badly..... that cave in caught me.... I remember water sounds, start of a cave in.... then its all blurry." he said "But still alive and kicking. Ain't that right Sky?" he said smiling at the small hatchling before looking back at Artemis "But if you got a way to help this head ache out... be my guest." he said with a nod.

((Haha, it's fine smile.gif ))

Artemis clapped her paws together, delighted. "Yay! Ok, stay still please," she requested, transferring her crystal to her tail and bounding over to the nearest puddle of water. She dabbed her right paw into the water delicately and went back to Stoneza. "Where does it hurt most?" she asked, her wet right paw held off the floor.

Stoneza lowered his head so she could have easy access to his head "Around the back left area." he said though wondering what this hatchling would do. Not that he minded if it helped it helped, if it failed well.... he'd live.

((Brain fart. Need Dream to post.))

<OOC: So sorry, so sorry, so sorry! I'm going to separate Sky because it's really boring if all my characters are in the same place. Sorry... unsure.gif >

user posted image

Sky watched as Artemis tended to Stoneza. He inched awkwardly backwards and tumbled into a little hole without a sound. He blinked and turned. Oh, it was a tunnel that only a newborn hatchling, like him, could fit inside. No wonder he didn't notice it earlier. Curious, he slithered through the tunnel. It was a little steep, pointing upwards but he could slither up easily and his back legs helped. He poked his head out of the tunnel. Oooh, he'd found a way out! A pity that it could only fit him, though. He remembered how he hadn't eaten and climbed out. For some reason, now that he was away from the others, he felt much more relaxed and confident. He spied a small mouse scurrying by. By instinct, he pounced on it and bit into its neck, killing it. He looked at the now dead mouse.

"Well, that was only beginner's luck," he said, without a stammer or stutter, much to his delight. He stared at it, confused.

"But how do I eat it? It has fur and everything..." He sighed and went off, forgetting about the others.

~~~

user posted image

Sour felt ashamed. The Magi was right, his parents' death was beyond his control. But what had caused him to think such negative thoughts? Self-pity. Sour decided that he wasn't going to be so dumb next time.

"Alright then. Are we going to return now?" Sour asked, with an air of confidence.

Artemis leaned over him and placed her paw over the area he indicated. She concentrated, her eyes glazing a little as she willed the water in her paw to flow into where the source of pain was and cure it. Little water droplets seemed to inch themselves under Stoneza's granite plates and into him.

After a short moment Artemis blinked and moved away. "Did it work?" she asked, still blinking faster than usual.

((The feeling of the water healing should feel like a cooling sensation, like ethanol evaporating on your skin. Or mints. xd.png))

Crusher nodded "Sure." he said with a small smile. That went better then he expected. Though still.... bit too mold-able.... he'd need to keep an eye on these hatchlings. Sour here seemed to have a bit of sense once you give him some info. "You have shown the ability to survive though Sour, something that will aid you a long ways. Not everyone is able to sustain them selfs so quickly." he explained

Stoneza let out a sigh as the pain turned to a soft cooling feeling. He nodded when she asked if it helped "Much better. Thank you." he said before realizing something.... "Sky?" he asked before looking at Glower "Did Sky run off?" he asked seeing as she was the only other adult right now. Crusher though could be heard slowly returning with Sour.

user posted image

Having satisfied himself with a couple of lizards, Sky slithered randomly about. Where could he go? Then he suddenly remembered. The others! He looked around frantically, hoping to spot the hole that he had come out of, but no such luck. Great. He'd manage to lose himself. Just great.

~~~

user posted image

Sour grinned at the Magi and trotted back to the others. Then, he turned back to the older dragon.

"By the way, I don't think I know your name?" he asked.

~~~

user posted image

Glower shook her head.

"No," she told the Stone dragon, "He just...disappeared. I never saw him go anywhere and I would have seen him if he had in this amount of space" She blinked as she registered what she was saying. Wouldn't that mean...he disappeared? Yeah, that was what she had said.

"Maybe there's a small hole or tunnel he found," she said, trying to come up with a logical explanation.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Artemis grinned. "No problem!" She shook her damp paw and claimed her crystal from her tail and waved it happily. Her happy mood dissipated rather quickly when she heard Sky got missing. "Should we go find him or find a home base first?"

Stoneza had started to sniff around when he found a very small hole. "Guys..... his scent leads here.... it was just behind me....." he said "SKY" he called into the hole "SKY, You in there?" he called some more.

Crusher nodded "I'm Crusher, got it thanks to my.... history." he said not looking too ok about going to that topic. Though he heard Stoneza calling for Sky. He looked at Sour a bit worried "Wonder where he went now." he commented as they approached the group. He looked at Glower though said/sent nothing wanting her to hear how the talk went from Sour him self.

user posted image

Sky sighed and curled up on a rock. He wondered what to do. A thought struck him. Maybe he could try flying! He flapped his wings but he did not budge frim the ground. He frowned and flapped harder.

"Come on!" Harder and harder...until he lifted about a millimetre from the ground and dropped back onto the rock. He was delighted at first before realising that it was because he had jumped. He looked around. Man, was there anybody out here? He thought somebody was calling his name. Nah, it was probably just the wind.

~~~

user posted image

Sour looked at Glower as she asked him how the talk went. He shrugged. He didn't really want anyone to know that he had been feeling self-pity all this time.

"It went fine," Sour said, not really looking at Glower.

~~~

user posted image

Glower glanced at Sour as he returned.

"So how did it go?" she asked. She blinked when he just shrugged and answered casually. Then she relaxed. He probably didn't want to talk about it. Youngsters do have secrets. Then again, Crusher could have told him off again.

"Of course we're going to find him first! I never leave a friend behind," Glower said in surprise to the green Shimmerscale dragon. Leaving someone behind was the last thing she'd ever do.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

"SKY!!!" Stoneza was now shouting till Crusher placed a paw on the stone's shoulder "Lets hope it lead out side, if it does not then..... I hope his in-stinks can keep him safe." he said and Stoneza got a sad look on his face "Little guys just hatched. Bugs can do harm to him still." he said before sighing. Crusher looked at Glower "Who was getting after me for what?" he muttered before getting a thinking look "Right now we have no home base, so the only other option is to find Sky." he said with a thinking look "Lets first find a way out of here. If sky has a chance that most likely means he'd be out side." he said before pausing "That is if you guys are alright with that." he said needing to remind him self this was not the group he grew to leading but a brand new group now. Besides Stoneza.

((I'm gonna have Venus go meet sky and the others))

Amber concentrated hard trying to find Sky. She had been so interested watching Artemis' healing abilities that she didn't notice him slip away. She looked at the small hole the others found, and said I could fit through the..

-------------------

Venus nodded, seemingly in agreement. She suddenly decided she wanted to explore. "I'm going to go have a look around." Venus said absentmindedly, flying off without waiting for a reply. As she flew, she saw a small blue hatchling- It seemed to be trying to fly. She landed atop a tree and looked at it curiously. Her instincts told her it would be fun to mess around with the helpless little creature. She slowly flew lower and waited for the dragon to notice her.

((Oh boy))

Evil Crusher looked up at Venus and nodded. He waited for her to get a distance before cloaking and quickly catching up. Using his power to boost his cloak he was undetectable through most means. This was nothing new but knew knows, maybe she'd lead him to some prey to have fun with. Though he did not know that was going to happen. He smiled seeing her spot the hatchling. Sky wing, recently hatched judging by the scent on its scales still. He watched unmoving wanting to see how Venus would deal with this little one.

Crusher looked up at Amber and then at the hole "We don't know where it lead.... of if Sky can even return if it lead to another cavern.... I don't want to lose too many. I suppose you could go in but if anything happens you scramble back alright?" he asked coming over to her.

((Haha, a clash is inevitable.))

Artemis shrunk back a little, not expecting the light rebuke. "I just thought, if all of us ran around, we'd all get lost? That we should know where to go if we can't find Sky?" She mumbled meekly to no one in particular. She looked around and squinted at the dimly lit walls, unsure of what she was looking for.

user posted image

Sky had curled up again, wondering what to do. He noticed a blue and white dagon in the tree. It seemed to be a hatchling too, but not as little as he.

"H-hi?" he said, his stammer returning. This hatchling wasn't from the nice group he'd met earlier. His instincts kept asking him, Friend or foe? Friend or foe? Friend or foe?

<OOC: No, Venus, nuh-uh, I will hunt you down and kill you if you even try to kill Sky...

Just kidding. xd.png >

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Crusher went over to Artemis "Artemis is right though, which is why I'm not keen on anyone else entering the hole there. Too many possibility's." he explain backing the hatchling up. "We need a place to call home or a meeting place so we all know where to go if trouble shows or worse." he explained looking at Glower "We'll set out to find Sky but when the rest of us don't risk getting lost our selfs." he finished off saying.

user posted image

Glower nodded. She hated the thought of leaving a friend behind but she knew that Crusher had a point.

"You have a point. So she's going to search for Sky while we find a place?" Glower asked, gesturing to the Sunsong Amphiptere.

Crusher shook his head "We'll wait to see what she finds, as soon as she's out again though that's when we will move. Artemis? You'll be able to reach better then the rest of us. I want you to grasp Amber's tail and one of us will hold onto yours. This way if there is a sudden drop or something no one else will fall into it." he explained "As well as we can pull you both out if there's a emergency." he finished off saying.

((Will be gone most of today, just a heads up))

Edited by little lost dragon