rainface

Hatchlings

"Well, at first when I ran into them they were afraid of me. They were about to try and kill me when they decided to humor a little girl and let me live." Fenix's eyes closed, lost in the memories. "It took them a few days, but they eventually let me roam around their village. I did not help them with anything until they saw me hunting in the forest. It was at that point that they would hunt with me and I would carry what their traps caught while they hunted. They gave me enough to be healthy. Then one day, the healers approached me. They slowly taught me how to recognise several herbs they could not gather as they could not find them close to their home. It was at that point I they made me this pack. They were fairly peaceful though. I never had to fight with them."

"Mmm" She said in agreement and then, catching his grinc she almost asked him about it but she got her answer by the challenge he proposed.- "You're on!" Blanchia shot off after him, suprisingly keeping pace because he wasn't running at his full capacity.- "Don't go all uuber speed on me, now. That just wouldn't be fair." She laughed tossing up her head like a whinnying horse. As she ran her body pulsed to her pace, everything was it's own rhythem, her head moving back and forth as her legs carried her through the forest.

Blanchia suddenly felt like she was missing something when she realized Ren was with them. Her hind quarters skidded beneath her inches above the earth, her fore claws pushing herd to yield her but since that wasn't working she frantically threw out her legs and turned. Using the moment that carried over she bolted back towards Ren.- "I'm so sorry! I got to caught up in the pace of things. Come! Race with us." She panted energetically, eager to get running again.-

Scuta got confused for a sec, skidded on his bum and forming an "O" with his mouth, he was going to fast and fell on his face. He turned with the grace of an elephant on ice. Caught himself and raced back so the two had a fair(er) chance of beating him.

"Yeah, sorry about that." He said. He shared in her panting.

((-just got a stfu look from my aunt because I was having a giggle fit to your post, Dusset-))

Ren, who was still sitting by her tree deep in thought and memories, her eyes slightly wet, making the world a blur. Blanchia looked like a patch of snow, until she blinked the water away. Then Scuta appeared next to Blanchia. She blinked in surprise. "Oh, okay..." Sluggish at first, her thoughts still clearing, she got up as slowly as a turtle. She then shook her head side to side to get rid of the foggish feeling inside of her mind. She started out in a slow jog, but as her heart started beating slightly faster, she began to crave the quick pulse and started running faster and faster.

Scuta, who had calmed down, spun again and slid. But he never fell, picked himself up out of the fall and sprinted. Without using his power he hit he average top speed. Which was only just faster then Ren's. He caught up, but continuing on his clumsy line, he tripped again. This time he slide on a puddle but kept moving, just got set back.

((Dusset, causing giggle fit inspired stfus, since ever.))

Edited by Dusset

-Smoldaria nodded and started to walk closely behind the Moonstone.- "I can feel it through my paws and smell it in the air." -Unable to resist since they were so close and Smoldaria being young at heart and liking to stir things up crept her tail toward Illuminis' and wrapped it around her ankle tugging lightly.-

Evil Crusher had left the spot he was watching from and returned to his home like place to see what was going on. Seemed the ember was at home around the moonstone now. He showed him self and came up "I see you 2 have antiquated each other." he said narrowing his eye's at the ember "I assume she's informed you of what goes on here." he said then his head snapped to his healer "We need to speak." he said before turning around and heading back into the forest.

((Me Polos and Fenix need you to post with your other char as well Dusset.))

Edited by little lost dragon

-Smoldaria's head snapped to look at the vice that startled her. She looked up at him and heal her elegant posture and stared back at him.- "If you wish for me to leave I will go. I won't cause problems between you and your mate." -Her eyes shifted from the Moonstone to the vampire unsure really but stood her ground.-

Evil Crusher froze at that comment "Mates? We are not mates." he stated turning around to almost glare at her "Besides, who likes a murderer? Mmm? She is merely my healer." he said "If I wanted to mate with her I would have done so already." he said.

Despite his show of defiance that comment the presents inside him again flared. But all being want to be loved. Even currently corrupted ones. He'd never admit it right now but the comment actually brought up the lack of that over the years. Ever since he had been born his way almost always killed those who tried to show such to him. Last one being Oracle from his time line. His evil self always endangered them. Or killed them as his self control... or suppressant would diminish in a attempt to push the emotion development that should have happened long ago down. Just like all beings he wanted to be loved, but he buried that feeling with causing others pain, like a addict drinking troubles away. Also, what is that one saying? The eye's are the window to the soul?

"Do not delude your self thinking where mates. Continue to say such things and helper or not you'll at the very least end up as my pain toy!" he hissed.

-Blanchia gave a bark of laughter and shot off after Scuta and Ren. At some point Scuta had slipped and Blanchia gracefully leaped over him like a hurdle. She laughed out and called behind her, grinning madly.- "Whats the matter hot shot? Since when did you have four left feet and zero coordination?" Running ahead of him he quickly caught up. This race seemed to be a neck battle between Scuta and Blanchia or, at least, it was for the white who pushed herself hard to make it passed the spitfire who just never seemed tire. For this reason she bit back her panting and forced herself to pace her eager breath in and out of her nose.-

--------

Illuminis spotted the ember's tail beginning to move long before it wrapped around her foot. She didn't have need to worry for Crusher was on his way back and she could make an educated guess as to how the dragon would react.

She had been right. Smoldaria released Illuminis and fixed her posture, stacking herself so she stood upright and defiant. Illuminis listened patiently to Crusher and set off in a measured gait. She was rather caught off-guard by Smoldaria's cutting voice. The moonstone stopped in her tracks, a foot caught suspended in the air and her muscles slightly tensed. Mates? That word made Illuminis shiver with a mix between pleasure and fear. She entertained the thought for a moment, being mates with Crusher, and it made her eyes smile, for if she dared to Crusher would notice.

Ah, yes, Crusher. His voice cut through her imaginings like a knife fresh from gilding. It burned, terribly and the light seemed to go out of her eyes as if by a cold wind's pinching fingers.

"If I wanted to mate with her I would have done so already."

For the first time in a very long time, Illuminis felt herself burn with a gentle rage, her moonstone and her eyes glowed dangerously. With a purposeful strut she stalked passed Crusher and slapped his hide with her tail, so hard it made her stone numb her tail like it was reverberating from the blow. In that instant of contact Illuminis shared her opinion on his words.- "Would have done so already if you wanted to? I think not you insolent dragon. Do not let your power get to your head or have you forgotten I can hold my own to you?" Disappearing into the forest so that you could no longer see her glow she waited for the vampire to follow. He had been the one who wanted to talk in the first place.

Edited by Chasilin

Evil Crusher growled at the hit and his own tail was suddenly in striking position. He watched her stalk off he looked at the ember again "Do not delude your self." he said before turning around and caught up with Illuminis in the forest.

"Now, seeing as the others are training it would be a foolish idea for me to just sit by and watch them." he said "I am......" he paused "requesting" he said almost with contempt at having to use the word but demanding of his healer seemed a little stupid. As she most likely could cripple him if she broke her word, which was symbolized by the black feather in his bone platting. "of your avoiding and evading ability for training." he said. He did not show it but he wondered why he felt a little bad now. After she hit him something felt off. In side his head. Why did he care though? If he wanted hatchlings he would have done so with that knocked out black dragon. Something else though was bugging him. He had his eye's not meet hers to avoid anything being seen through them.

Illuminis extended a wing to it's full span as Crusher approached. This was her way of keeping him at a distance while they spoke. She had to turn off all her emotions now because she communicated with them and feeling anything other than what was necessary might cause confusion. She listened patiently to his request.- "I do not know if I am capable of teaching you my power but I have no issues in trying. Even if those other dragons are training, what gives you cause to worry? They're sheer size of number? Or your lack of abilities to take them on?" Illuminis realized she was having a hard time concealing her irritation to his earlier comment. She hoped he'd have the grace to allow her to be mad as he'd been the one to insult her.

Evil Crusher narrowed his eye's "I'v only survived at all thank to staying above the others in combat and knowing the ground around me." he stated "Seeing as there's opportunity to further lower there chances as they try to raise them I would think would be the smart move." he said "As many fall when not prepared for anything. I'd rather be ready for another group on one battle then let them have a chance at my demise." he said. "Your evading skill is higher then many I have encountered. First one to avoid all of my attacks, that is quite a feat if you think about it." he said. "As for your mood that you seem to be having, I had to silence such delusion from that ember. As its impossible to have such feelings for me, and if others know what I have done and can do... I fail to see how they can have them for me." he said looking down a bit as he spoke.

-For a while Illuminis kept her wing outstretched but then, as he stopped talking and finished up with words she'd never thought she'd hear she folded her wing and walked to his side. Brushing her shoulder against his she looked up at him.-

"You are not as unloved as you believe, Crusher." she said this and little more, her agitation leaving her like a sigh of wind. "I will teach you what I can, Crusher, but only to evade and to predict, not to attack. I will not be the reason a dragon is hurt. Also, I'll do this only if you promise to me that you will not attack them until they are ready to attack you. Have a fair fight for the first time in your life. Please?" She knew she was going out on a limb, but she could only hope he'd see sense and comply to this request of her own.-

Evil Crusher looked at her. Fair fight? On who's terms? "Alright, I won't attack them before the fight, but once the fights started, a fights a fight." he said. He did not say anything about her first line. As he plain did not take her word on it. Plus it would mean the presents flaring again. Which he did not want. "But...... alright, no fighting unless they come attack me first and or they do that attack." he said gritting his teeth a little. The met they had a chance to train with out him slowing them down. But if he caught on to his healers skill of avoiding, it would be a large add on to his other skills.

Scuta flushed at her comment. He was a little clutsy today. Normally he was sharper. She may not have meant it but he chided himself for making such mistakes, such were unacceptable. He caught up to her and with a powerful thrust of his hind legs he bounded over her and past her.

"Your one to talk." He said jokingly as he flicked a small stick back at her with a claw.

He thought of his failings. They were caused by focusing on a goal and not the road to it. Or rather not focusing the goal and the people around him. Either way he was gaining on Ren again.

As the others where doing things playing around and maybe some training good Crusher and Tetra and her sister along with Zenith had found there boulders to push up the hill. Tetra's sister seemed to be going at a decent pace, slow but decent. Zenith was holding out. Keeping a ways with the group. Crusher had a little trouble at first but started to make progress to head up the hill. Tetra was having trouble at first, Crusher paused to help her get started seeing as there instructor had seemingly started to ignore them.

After helping Tetra out the 2 slowly caught up to the group. Lots of pushing and shoving rocks the size of them if not bigger up hill. Not only would this help make the leg and shoulder's stronger but the scales pushing on the rocks would toughen up as well.

The group on average made it to half way point of the distance they had agreed on striving for today. Zenith had a few raw looking scale patches, Crusher had scrapped one off on accident, Tetra looked sore but her breeds scales held and her sister despite all her comments on how slow they where had some marks as well. They all paused at the half way mark digging a little furrow or placing smaller rock to stop the boulders from rolling down and took a break. "Not so easy as you might have though huh Vadellia." Crusher said panting a little "I know I'm out of practice for sure."

((I have cleared this post with the respective character owners. Just moving them on ahead as Scuta's friend seems to be gone suddenly))

Edited by little lost dragon

"I am just out of practice, but before I was able to push bolders over hills, stepper then this," Vadellia said. "Once my sister remembers everything, she would back me up. She had seen me doing it before," Vadellia said. She was panting a little, and she mentally curssed herself.

Tetra was curled up when she finally got into the break.

((She's there, but she's a quiet type, and helping anyone would put them on uneven terms. I only post ever so often because what could I post? She was watching them sitting around? If I don't post with her that's because she's being quiet and watching. When they move on to combat, most of my poasts will have both.))

Crusher let out a small laugh there "Either that was long ago or your making it up." he said good naturedly "In the mean time, Once Tetra is back on her paws lets hit the mark we all agreed on." he said going from sitting to laying down. He looked over at there trainer who seemed to be sitting there. "So, what are your thoughts? Normally those training others offer pointers and explain why where doing what where doing stuff like that." he said.

((YOu could post her thoughts, what she thinks of her group, how each one seems to be doing ect. Other wise its hard to tell if she's even there and if you forgot her or not.))

As Blanchia and Scuta were up ahead of her, she took a shortcut while they were not looking. She jumped from tree to tree as she normally loves to do, and she then landed back on the ground as the trees started to thin out into a clearing. She then ran at her nearly full speed, and managed to get a good amount ahead of Blanchia and Scuta. "Hah!" She laughed and ran faster.

"This is a singular training exercise. You must find the best way to move the boulder, only with the one restriction: you must push. I cannot offer tips and tricks for your species nor should I at all. I will tell you this though, there is a faster way. But you must find it yourself."

The group had made good progress. Half way up. better than she had made at her time of trials.

Scuta laughed as Ren sped ahead. He became a blur of tan and blue and dashed nearly as fast a a jet. This went on for three seconds, but it felt like an eternity to him. He caught up and passed her, slowed back down and called,

"I have some tricks too you know!"

"Like Crusher using his magi power to move the rocks," Vadellia joked. "Sometimes the easyer way is the way you don't want to do. This is for inproving ourselves, not some darn thing to deal with."

Tetra was fast asleep.

Crusher looked at Vadellia and frowned a little. "If I added my magic we'd all be at the top by now. But magic won't keep our enemy at bay." he said then looked at there trainer "So basically you just watch us and analyze us?" he asked "Remember we where never part of your clans. So where not entirely familer with the ways." he said getting up and seeing Tetra asleep. He went up to her and said her name a few times "Well she's out." he said before placing a paw on her and shaking her a bit "Tetra, we can't sleep right now, we still have the rest of the distance to go." he said "If you get too tired let me know, I'll help out some more." he offered.