rainface

Hatchlings

Zenith sighed in relief and let himself fall over. "Never.... Again...."

Fenix chuckled at the thought of the catapult launching a hatchling. "Well, they did not want to enslave me, at least i don't think so. And a catapult? Viable for your breed really. Any other breed would probably not enjoy the impact as much."

Callaina went to congratulate the trio and heard Zeinth's comment.

"Actually, if you still can't make it through the log test on your first try, then yeah, probably again." She said with a bit of joy in her voice.

She attended the boulder, and rolled them back down the hill's other side so they weren't standing out at the top. She wasn't keen on waking up to giant rocks.

She decided it was her turn to repeat the trial. At least she wasn't a hypocrite. She approached the larger of the three boulders and stood on her hind legs. She stood taller than the rock that way, then she began rolling it up the hill with ease. But it did tire her.

Scuta had forgotten where they were going in the first place and then saw Callaina. That's right, the other group. He took a fast turn and had to jump Blanchia again to get over that way. He stopped in front of the exhausted hatchlings, panting heavily himself.

Crusher lay on the hill panting "I sure hope you don't expect the group to jump. Spent too much strength getting up the hill." He said to there trainer. He looked at Zenith and Tetra "Nice job guys." he said even though Tetra seemed to be asleep.

Stoneza smiled "Yes it was. Little bad on the landings. But hey, far and fast is a good thing when ya want to escape." he said.

Zenith groaned when he heard he may have to do this again. "Can anything else requiring the use of any of my limbs wait a bit?"

Fenix returned the smile. "Yeah, its just with scales like yours, fast and far does not seem as much as a threat then if it was a breed like mine. I personally would not attempt it, as I don't like the possibility of ending up as a stain on the ground."

-Blanchia instinctively ducked as Scuta leaped over her again, at first she wondered why but once she'd turned her head to look at him she figured it out easily enough. Turning in a broad arch she made her way after him and yielded to a careful and proper stop, legs aching pleasantly from the run. Blanchia couldn't help herself and bumped her shoulder against Scuta's playfully. She brought her staff to the other side of her and took it from her tail. She leaned back onto her hinds and sat like a begging dog until she pulled the staff to her side, wrapping her claws around it and leaning onto it for balance. It felt good to put her weight onto something else, at least as her breathing slowly came back to a reasonable pace, and still the magically imbued staff could handle it.-

"You 'll be fine, trust me." Scuta said, flopping on the ground. Excited to have stopped. He may be fast, but he was still older and smaller than most here.

Callaina finished with the rock and let it roll back down.

"You can take all the time you need, you accomplished a task that's normally for adults to stay in shape. Your much to young to worry having to do that everday." She said with a smile.

Edited by Dusset

Zenith sighed. "While that may be true, I feel like I ran half way across the world and back." He was glad she was not too hard on them once they had finished though.

-Blanchia was glad she'd been able to clear the logs, she didn't look forward to having to ever do what it looked like they had. She also didn't fancy the idea of having large muscles rippling in still motion under scales. She might not be vain but she can at least like how she looks, and she preferred her invisible muscles, only defined so that it looked nice and not like she lifted boulders every day. Somehow her tiredness took over her and she frowned imagining herself doing just that. She wasn't sure if it was funny or disturbing.-

Evil Crusher looked at her. Fair fight? On who's terms? "Alright, I won't attack them before the fight, but once the fights started, a fights a fight." he said. He did not say anything about her first line. As he plain did not take her word on it. Plus it would mean the presents flaring again. Which he did not want. "But...... alright, no fighting unless they come attack me first and or they do that attack." he said gritting his teeth a little. The met they had a chance to train with out him slowing them down. But if he caught on to his healers skill of avoiding, it would be a large add on to his other skills.

((I dunnu if ya responded to this yet, tis can't find your responce yet on it Chasilin. Could ya respond to it pwees?))

Evil Crusher looked at her. Fair fight? On who's terms? "Alright, I won't attack them before the fight, but once the fights started, a fights a fight." he said. He did not say anything about her first line. As he plain did not take her word on it. Plus it would mean the presents flaring again. Which he did not want. "But...... alright, no fighting unless they come attack me first and or they do that attack." he said gritting his teeth a little. The met they had a chance to train with out him slowing them down. But if he caught on to his healers skill of avoiding, it would be a large add on to his other skills.

Illuminis smiled softly-"Thank you." she whispered breathlessly through a strong emotion which budded first in her heart and the bloomed, sending it's pleasant feeling throughout her body. She noticed, sadly, that he had nothing to say about his being not as unloved as he beloved. She wasn't as distant as she was when he'd openly offended her, but now she stood a little farther away, a formal distance as if they were strangers. Illuminis almost forgot that they were, in truth, exactly that. This made her heart squeeze in her chest, a feeling she wasn't fond of nor unfamiliar with; she was sad.

She somehow felt that she'd become truly blind in the short time she'd been with this dragon, she'd been trying so hard to find his goodness that she'd forgotten his bad. Generally that wouldn't matter, she was not one to judge even after knowing the true nature of a character but it was different now. She knew deep down that Crusher was simply using her as she, if you wanted to look at it that way, was using him. They were nothing more than partners of convenience, they got what they wanted from one another and none of it was for the company or the pleasure of being near someone you could talk to comfortably.

That's right...comfortable, she'd grown too comfortable. She knew as well that once this fight was over and either side won or lost she'd either return to being his healer, be killed for being his healer even if Crusher managed to live since she was a risk for the others, or be killed off by Crusher himself if he won. He wouldn't need a healer if he'd already conquered them all. Illuminis couldn't see her own future or any one involving her directly so going based on what she knew, the possibilities that lay ahead of her were rather bleak.

Illuminis had started walking again, lost in thought but all Crusher would see was the moonstone moving into the woods seemingly going to train him. Of course, she was going to be doing that too but she was mostly thinking, throwing herself deeper and deeper into the blackness of the few feathers that tainted her pure blues. It was as if just those small feathers were enough to cast her into oblivion and draw her into nothingness, painting her with their negativity.

Illuminis blinked and the world came crashing down around her, because everything had become a vague blur before but they were clear now. She had to go all the way down to the depths of mind to get back to the surface. Her walk became more purposeful and she led Crusher to a clearing. She'd live each day as it passed, thinking on the future was now way to spend what time was here and now, Illuminis aught to have known better. She'd have to stop letting this dragon get to her the way only he seemed to get to her.-

Evil Crusher followed her as she walked. As she thought about things he was thinking too.

He? Loved? What was this..... what did the others call it..... emotion or feeling? No that is too tightly connected to the presents that wants to flare and break out. It must be contained if he is going to remain able to kill to rid his enemy's. Ones with emotions can faulter when the final strike is needed. Death is needed to keep the living in line. Death is what makes others survive. But non about the others mattered. It was simply fun to do. With those other bonuses happening. Though.... why was he starting to falter in his own thinking? His healer seemed to be the source of it. But he needed her in case something happened. A fool does not prepare for war when one is coming. A fool does not try to be ready for the worst out come. Worst out come for him, he gets injured. Few seem to be able to get that far.

As they walked his steps ever so slowly got closer to hers. Once they reacted the clearing and stopped he looked around and then at her. The presents flared massively and seemed to flicker in his eye's. Almost a caring look, but only for a split second as his eye's closed as he fought it down. When they opened they where back to normal.

Sensitive to emotion Illuminis sensed the spark of something, she turned her gaze on Crusher just as he reopened his eyes. Illuminis blinked, it couldn't have been... she looked away, extending a wing to grace his scales with it's gentle touch.-

"I will teach you what I can, you will have to be patient. Can you do this and allow me to teach you without any complaints from you? I can not teach a dragon that is not willing to fully dedicate their own self to learn despite any circumstances required to do so. You will have to constantly repeat certain steps, you will surely fail many a time for it took me almost a 100 years for me and I'm still discovering more to my abilities. I am going to condense 100 years of training into the time it takes the 'others' to train, it will be difficult and very strenuous on your mind, body, soul and...heart."

"As 'they' progress, you in turn will as well. You'll be made to meditate for hours on end and you will wake and sleep and even eat only when I permit it. Can you handle that, Crusher. I do mean every word and I want to know that you mean to learn this as seriously as I mean to teach it. It's not something I teach to you lightly. I trust you."

Illuminis hadn't meant to tack on that last bit, but it came out as sincerely as the rest of her words. She couldn't help saying it because, since she spoke through emotions, and she felt the same in those words as the ones before them, it was conveyed on the same frequency and at the same time.

Edited by Chasilin

Evil Crusher looked at her and nodded "Training to improve ones skills is never a easy task. Once you reach a level of it its hard to learn anything above it easily." he said "Though before I full accept. Can you explain the strain you speak of on the mind soul and heart?" he asked not wanting to fall for a trap.

He was taking a large step. Depending on her response he could be very well handing his life over into her paws. But she could have killed him many times before now. "Everything else I can agree to. However I need more detail on those 3 details and what they might include." he asked.

((Seing as it's been awhile..))

Scuta, now rested stood up. The sun was on it's way down, now closing in on the horizon.

"Alright discentium (students), the day is nearly over, and we must awake early tomorrow, before sunrise. I noticed none of you, as far as I know, have eaten today, good, there's a diet that comes with this practice. A simple meal at the beginning of the day, which we skipped, and at the end. It does not matter what it is, but it should fill you." He told the all.

Callaina took leave back to the cave, and Scuta followed. They discussed progress, telling each other of their practices, Callaina was disappointed in Scuta for racing hem instead of training, but accepted it as exercise.

-She nodded in understanding, it made sense after all. She'd be worried if he didn't ask.

"For your mind you must clear it of all thoughts, let it become black and void but not negative; neutral. It is very hard because even your mind will begin to try to whisper sounds of your breathing or add effects to other existing outside intrusions."

"Your soul is your essence, the fabric of your being, your non-corporeal self. It's the part of you that you can not see but knows exists. It's proof of faith and it's proof of you. Crusher, for you in particular this will be one of the hardest for you must accept your entire soul, even the half that belongs somewhere else. If you accept that part as part of yourself, your soul can properly be severed and made into it's own individual existence."

"Lastly, your heart. This will be your hardest trial of all. You must empty out your heart and inflate it with the feeling of life of all the world. It's quite a lot to fit inside a heart that has been left deserted in a cage of your own keeping. You've spoiled your wicked side far too much and it has grown weak. A weak heart is a double-edged sword. It will protect you from feelings of love or compassion and even certain kindnesses but it will cut you from the inside out. A neglected heart is one with a cruel vengeance for it's bearer and it's wearer. Your heart keeps you from coming into your full power. You must overcome that and nurture it enough for it to forgive you but you do not need to fully accept it. When and if someday you do, you will be at the peak of your power."

Illuminis had long since sat down, her tail wrapping around her side and resting at the base of Crusher's foot to keep her connected as she faced him to speak.

"I'm sure you're wondering what the connection between most of that and learning this power is. I can tell you easily enough and quite simply. You see, Crusher, I am blind and I can not see the colors of the world like you can. However, I can still see, I can envision ripples of energy from my body pouring out around me and racing over and under and through everything. Everything is alive, everything is constantly moving no matter how still it might be to you. If I focus hard enough, I can see the wind, can you? You see, you must become gentle as the breeze, have a soul that is calmed and relaxed in it's own self, enjoying it's freedom. You must have a mind as clear as the skies and the black, sightless plane of energy which you will learn to use. Lastly you must have a heart that accepts life and can feel the truest of emotions, for the color of your energy comes from the power of your emotions, calm and kind is the strongest and clearest of all the emotions. If you become angry your 'vision' will become violent and choppy and you will be unable to see the finer things, overlooking them easily. If you are happy, it becomes vibrant and lively and it moves to quickly, usurping the smaller movements and warping the larger ones making them appear to move before they do. When you are sad, it becomes slow and it's very dangerous, your reaction time will slow considerably."

Illuminis blinked slowly as she waited for her words to sink in.

"Did that answer your question well enough Crusher? Are you still willing to go on?"

((Going to go pass out now, my eyes are so heavy that my vision keeps buggin' out on me x.x I'll see y'all in the mornin' maybe x3 bonne nuit, bisous bisous))

Edited by Chasilin

((I'm just going to say Ren was there with Blanchia and Scuta, it saves me a longer post than needed...))

Ren started walking back towards the cave. Her legs ached slightly from the run, but after jumping tree to tree, it seemed to help her legs. She wondered why, but didn't think about it too much. She decided to take the long way home which was through the forest. She picked her way between the trees, and occasionally stopped to sniff what she thought was herbs. She needed to ask Blanchia what kind of herbs she needed, for the plants were plentiful here, and she could assume most of the ones she sniffed were herbs. There was small stream and pond to her left, she wondered why she had never seen this place before. She smiled as she felt the cool breeze, which felt nice after a run. She sooner or later came back to the cave.

Evil Crusher narrowed his eye's at the heart part. But the bonuses seemed to out way the cons. Maybe he could fight back the presents.... find a way to kill it to allow him to learn this that the moonstone was offering. He looked down eye's narrowed "While the heart part I do not like at all.... after having seen what this could lead to first hand when we first met..... I agree to your terms. The pros out weigh the cons." he said then stopped with the narrowed look and looked right at her. "A few more emotions in exchange for the ability to avoid danger to such an extent.... seems like a fare trade." he said.

He did not clue into the fact though that this would lead to a open door way for Illuminis to now crack open of his heart and emotions.

As the day finally gone to the end, Kadaen from his little hide out walked out of his temporary home cave and started to walk to where the hatchling group land was. He was close to it, by at least 50 feet away. He was walking closer and closer to them. He disliked the fact that most dragons viewed him a treat because of his kind. He wasn't a normal vampire, but others didn't see it, for they were to stuborn to see it. He traveled in night so he could get minamal dragon to dragon contact. He hoped that when someone does see him, that they would not just go full on attack him.

Tetra was still asleep.

Vadellia had finally made it to the top of the hill and she smiled. She wasn't that much tired.

-Illuminis nodded and stood moving out to the center of the clearing, the moon's energy was weak but it was enough to feel it hidden in the horizon. She closed her eyes and her body seemed to hover then, curling around her moonstone with it as the center point. Her wings were slightly extended and raised, she was held suspended in the air by the use of magic and little else. Blue tendrils of smoke leaked out of her moonstone, it surfed the ground and stretched through the clearing, stopping at the foot of each of the surrounding trees. Illuminis opened her eyes and they glowed brightly in the dimming light, they swirled like molten silver, and a haze seeped out of them just as it had with her moonstone but less intense.

With use of her enormous energy she projected her emotions into her moonstone and it converted it into words, sending them out into the open air with a mystic echo ringing behind each syllable. Her voice was much softer, much kinder and gentler in real-time rather than just conveyed through mental connection.

"Crusher...." Came the bell-like chime of her voice "Let's begin."

Evil Crusher nodded and watched her hover there. He did not have a emitter like she did..... or that much magic at all that he knew of. But seemed his healer knew of another way. He looked at her with a determined expression and waited for it to begin.

He would not need to learn how to harm others, he can do that well enough. What he needs to do is learn how to avoid others better. See there attacks more, be able to determine there position as they came. And dodge accordingly. He had found out this first hand when he fought the very one who was about to teach or try to teach him her ways of doing so. Raising his own skills would not be easy and he knew that. But... for him has it ever been easy getting better?

Tetra was still asleep.

Vadellia had finally made it to the top of the hill and she smiled. She wasn't that much tired.

Crusher got up after a while "Alright guys.... Vadellia has made it.... lets get back to the cave. Training resumes tomorrow." he said getting up. "If you find something to eat go a head. Just keep a eye out for our enemy." he said seeing Tetra asleep. He stiffly got to her and eventually got her onto his back. "To the cave we go." he said before starting to head off.

Edited by little lost dragon

Kadaen walked inside the hatchlings terrotory. He knew he was away from the dangors of most grown ups attacking him. He sighed and he followed the river.

Tetra awoken from her sleep. Her eyes seem to glow in the night.

Vadellia's eyes seemed to also glow in the drak. She looked and saw the sun was setting and so most of the hatchlings would be with out eye site. She grinned.

Zenith got up and followed the group to the cave. "I think that sleep will not be too much of a problem tonight."

Scuta nodded and wished Callaina a good night, he would stand guard overnight, a few nights ago he noticed a hatchling do so, he thought it would be better for an adult, or rather, a hatchling sized adult. He laid down in the cave entrance, allowing his eyes to slowly adjust to the darkness.

Before Callaina went to sleep she took Scuta a hunk of meat, now cooked, and went into the backroom to for rest.

Zenith entered the cave and found a place to lay down and quickly fell asleep.

Fenix watched as some dragons started to come in, with some of them going straight to bed. He looked at Stoneza. "I guess I'll get introductions in the morning?"

Stoneza nodded "I suppose so. You get some rest. I'v got lots to spare." he said "Feel free to find a spot to rest." he said before getting up from sitting.

Good Crusher noticed waking movement on his back. "Your up already." he whispered as he walked to the cave. "Come on, we need to get some rest for tomorrow." he said.