rainface

Hatchlings

Tetra, the weekest one of the group, was getting worried as heck. She bearly moved the smaller bolder. How could she get it up the hill? She had no idea. She moved it less then a sentameater.

Vadellia looked at Callaina like she was crazy, but she nodded. "Can't I just move it to where it needs to go? Like can I have that bolder but I have to move it to where you wanted me to puch a bolder up a hill," she asked.

Zenith sighed. He looked around for a boulder to push up the hill. He figured he might as well get started if this was going to take several days. Finding one, he started what he figured what would be a slow and tiring exercise.

Fenix continued to dig around the trinkets he had. He could have sworn he had not dropped anything.

-Blanchia looked at Scuta nervously.- "C-can I just bring it down to the ground? N-not...not kill it?" Her voice rose an octive as she mentioned having to kill, she just couldn't do it....- "Y-you know I'd rather learn defense, I could not ever possibly hurt a living thing. I'm sorry." Blanchia bowed her head, feeling pitiful but she'd stand by her practices just as he would by his. Feeling the need to compromoise she tacked on, "You can do as you like to train to attack but I will keep my 'kill count' as a blissful zero if you don't mind, Scuta." -Now she looked defiant in the way her jaw was set sternly, her gaze hard and unblinking but still not facing Scuta.-

Ren pawed the ground. "I could probably make something about the size of a buffalo for us to practice on, seeing as Blanchia does not want to kill." She had actually made things to practice on like that when she was younger, but they were much smaller. But she was sure she could make one the size and shape of a buffalo.

"I meant take it to the ground. Didn't we just have this conversation? You know, that whole thing that happened five minutes ago?" His voice had an undertone of annoyance but he kept it bland and unattached. "If I killed anything else I imagine we'd have another argument."

Callaina giggled at Tetra, for the first time she was here.

"Don't worry little one. This is why we're practicing. You don't have to get it on the first time. And there's no limit to how many tries or breaks you take to do so. When I was your age I spent three months on the boulder practice. And it was harder, I did on sand." She said as she smiled.

Edited by Dusset

"That had to be really tough," Tetra said. She was about the same age as Crusher. She wasn't liking that her sister was able to push the bolder father then the others and her being the weakest. She did have some black dragon in her, but she didn't know how to show it, until the amesha came into play.

Vadellia got annoyed. She felt that Callaina ignored her.

"Oh! That's right!" She looked genuinely suprised. Taking a claw to her head she thumped it a few times.- "Eheh, my mistake." Blanchia sunk low to the ground, not out of submission but for stalking. Just because she didn't hunt anything didn't mean she never learned how. Her father had saught to that.

In the distance, as Scuta had said, a buffalo was minding it's own business, tediously gnawing grass in circular jaw movements. Just watching it eat Blanchia swore she could hear it from way back where she was. Sticking low to the ground she moved quickly and quietly through the underbrush.

Because her white scales stood out, Blanchia strategically made a large circumference around the buffalo; taking to the trees once she was downwind and out of sight. Her dexterity and agility from the earlier training session was really show through now; her claws nicking the soft bark as she slithers through the tree tops. Not a leaf seemed stir buy much more than the wind which blew the buffalo's scent to her. Just as she came in range, the wind started to shift and the buffalo's head shot up, ears turning in every direction. Blanchia scarce dared to breath until once more the buffalo returned to it's grazing and lazy chewing, the wind again on her side.

Blanchia, caught in the moment, forgot her surroundings and saw only the buffalo. As a healer she knew a perilous lot about the pressure points of each living being. She knew precicely how to knock out the buffalo; the trick was having enough force to do so in one blow. As Blanchia coiled her muscles to pounce, her body along a branch like a panther prepared to strike, a thought occured to her. She gave little more thought to it than that and went with her first idea; it was taking a chance on an educated guess.

Her body swiftly sprang from the trees, her scales but a white blur, like lightening striking in broad daylight in the way the sun reflected off of her. In the few seconds that she was suspended in the air Blanchia had tucked her nose in, forcing her body to turn forward, her tail rising up and over her. At the last possible moment her thick muscled appendage barreled into the animals pressure point between the neck and shoulder, claiming more than just the area necessary to knock the beast out.

She then used her legs, which followed in succession to her well placed attack, to push off from the buffalo's collapsing body, landing safely in a hard pivot. With her body still in motion she thrust up debris while the momentum ceased and she came to a stand still, her legs spread wide and bent at the joints to steady herself. Blanchia was poised as if frozen mid turn, her tail turned about her flank in a half curl.

A few yard away the buffalo lay unmoving on the ground, it's legs trapped beneath it, chest forward and chin parallel to the dirt that was bruised by it's weight. It was unconcious and Blanchia panted, slightly proud, though sorry for having hurt it.-

((Sorry that was long but I figured it aught to be...))

Edited by Chasilin

Scuta, who was already there, was impressed.

"You, with a little more practice, could be a lethal force." He said. "But I suppose you'll settle for being able to defend yourself huh? Or others."

He was pushing her a bit, because he knew that unbridled rage was a great thing. It could turn a mouse into a lion, and a white into a spitfire. But at the same time, he just wanted her to be safe, he wanted them all to be safe. His clan.

"Any question?" Callaina asked to those who hadn't mobilized yet.

Edited by Dusset

Blanchia decided to try being arogant on for size. Walking by Scuta like she wasn't going to stop, she yielded at his flank and side glanced at him with a knowing and amused look.- "I'm already lethal, you just don't know it yet." She closed her eyes and brushed passed him, her tail lifting up to tap his shoulder like a play punch. By the time she made it back to where Rin was she was only just barely containing a giggle fit that was on the verge of an outrageous erruption into an all out laugh attack. Sitting in the grass, her tail snaking through the soft blades until it felt the familiar smooth wood of her staff, she lifted it up and brought it to her side watching, waiting (and still trying not to laugh beyond the soft smile which currently fit her features).-

Edited by Chasilin

Ren blinked in surprise for a moment, then walked over to Blanchia to congratulate her. "Nice job, Blanchia! That was very quick!" She sat down onto the blades of grass which poked her scales. She chuckled to herself a bit, then pawed the ground yet again, but harder than usual. A small chunk of grass was pulled out by her pawing. She looked at a nearby tree, the same as last time, then quickly looked away, back at the grass she had pulled out. She had almost forgot about her surroundings, and Blanchia until a breeze made her snap out of it. She then looked back at Blanchia with a brief smile.

Scuta himself was trying not to laugh. When he arrived back he returned the action. Except a little harder.

"I think we're done for today. The other group should be working all day, but you two are one track. Beyond strategy there's not much more I can teach you." He said. "But I have to remember the non-sonic fighting style. It's been awhile."

((In order to wake up on time for school, I go to bed at 10:00 PM Eastern shore time. I can't control when you guys post when I'm asleep. As well as school for 6 hours, followed by several mountains of engineering homework. So It's a miracle I post as much as I do. I can't control when I'm not here and you guys choose to post three pages. I'm not in front of a computer for eighteen hours straight. Thanks to daylight savings, the post hours are one behind my time.))

Callaina observed them move the the large boulders. She realized they had more power than they were showing. They simply needed a way to show it. Moving a boulder is a need to call upon great strength.

"Now, if you don't mind, south of here, maybe 150 human meters, there is a relatively steep hill. I want you to all find boulder of equal size to the large one, and roll them up that hill. Once you can accomplish this, you should be able to start combat. This will take several days." She told them.

((Think 35 degrees. Hehe, making up landscape is easy when we have a 2d map.))

"Ok Blanchia, there's another buffalo just up the river, if you can take it down we'll move on. If not, Ren I want you to help her out." Scuta instructed. "We'll continue with large animals until I'm content you two can take them down with ease, then, hopefully the other group will catch up and we'll start mach battles. If not I'll have to be creative."

((It's on now.))

((Quote from Polos))

"That had to be really tough," Tetra said. She was about the same age as Crusher. She wasn't liking that her sister was able to push the bolder father then the others and her being the weakest. She did have some black dragon in her, but she didn't know how to show it, until the amesha came into play.

Vadellia got annoyed. She felt that Callaina ignored her.

((Dusset's post))

"Any question?" Callaina asked to those who hadn't mobilized yet.

Crusher nodded and looked at Tetra as she looked nerves and then Callaina and her exchanged a few words. When she asked about question he shook head "Ready to go when you are." he said.

Stoneza watched him dig through his bag "Um.... maybe something dropped on the way here?" he asked.

Blanchia smiled with a short whispy laugh in thanks to Ren, happy for her crongratulations. Scuta passed by and thumped her right back and she had to put a foor forward to steady herself. Frowning playfully she waited until he was finished and walked up beside him casually, looking eager to return back to camp. Suddenly, and without any indication to forewarn the spitfire, Blanchia rammed her shoulder just behind his and trotted ahead, breaking into a rocking prance, her tail lifting up in a youthful expression of her energy. Her head snaked around so she could see Scuta and she winked at him, smiling all the while.-

Fenix shook his head. "I have not done anything that would cause me to lose anything." He pushed some of the items around a bit more and then finally found what he was looking for. "Here it is." He said, relieved he had found what looked to be a vial with some sort of liquid in it. "The humans call this stuff acid. They mainly used it when they had to cut through ropes quickly though. Well, at least the ones I stayed with. I'm not to sure how strong it is, but you guys can use it if you want. I just don't see how you can get it open without getting any on yourself." He carefully set the vial aside from everything else, and started putting the various objects back in the pocket.

Scuta, who's mood lightened, gave chase to Blanchia. He didn't move at anywhere near top speed, but broke into a run. He caught up with her finally, and bumped her, enough to throw her off balance but not fall. He sped up past her and called back,

"Catch me if you can!"

It dawned on him that this was truly the first time he actually enjoyed himself since he arrived.

Blanchia exclaimed with a gasp as her feet fought to keep her balanced after the blow Scuta dealt to her. She parted her jaws in a bark of laughter, her teeth clicking together as she took off after him. Her wings danced above her, hopping on the air to the rythem of each of her foosteps. She was very well aware that Scuta was running ridiculously slow considering how fast she'd seen him move once before. She was happy, though, just playing like this seemed to wipe clean the dirtied slate that was her life. Tossing all morbid thoughts away she continued after the fleeing form of the spitfire, calling out to his taunt.-"I can catch you but you don't want me too!" Her legs pounded into the ground and propelled her forward, she was slowly gaining on him. Her muscled tensed in anticipaton for another playfight attack.-

-Smoldaria stopped in her tracks and looked at the ground. She codly but gently as she could speak, spoke.- "I would have only done such a thing for someone who has earned my protection. I have done nothing of the sort to make you do such an action. I will do As you and Crusher ask of me to earn that." -Her head still lowered she raised it to look into Illuminis' eyes and conveyed to her with out motion and with out word not even a mental thought just pure energy. I owe you Illuminis. She then bowed to the Moonstone though this made her feel weak and very vulnerable.

Illumins had stopped as soon as Smoldaria had, she'd even taken a step back to watch calmly to the spectacle the dragon was making. As an emotional dragon who relied on her feelings to communicate, the dragon's stress over the matter, as well the determination and sincerity, reached her loud and clear. Illuminis began walking again, brushing her hind quarters against the embers chest.- "Very well, for starters let us just get you settled in, the river is just ahead. Can't you hear it calling out?" Illuminis smiled as her body left contact with the ember as she moved on ahead.-

Edited by Chasilin

Fenix shook his head. "I have not done anything that would cause me to lose anything." He pushed some of the items around a bit more and then finally found what he was looking for. "Here it is." He said, relieved he had found what looked to be a vial with some sort of liquid in it. "The humans call this stuff acid. They mainly used it when they had to cut through ropes quickly though. Well, at least the ones I stayed with. I'm not to sure how strong it is, but you guys can use it if you want. I just don't see how you can get it open without getting any on yourself." He carefully set the vial aside from everything else, and started putting the various objects back in the pocket.

Stoneza came up and gently picked up the vial. "Acid.... can both be helpful and deadly. If applied to the right spot." he said looking at the fluid. "We may have a use for this I do not know for sure though. Getting it on our enemy may result in it getting on us as well." he explained "But thanks anyway." he said placing it back down. "So you used to live in a human settlement, what where they like?" he asked.

Scuta just stopped running. When Blanchia caught up, he disappeared and reappeared above her, tackling her.

"Who's got who?" He asked.

He rolled off of her and landed on his back, grinning like a fool.

-For a moment Blanchia thought she had him, she leapt forward only to grasp air and crash into leaves and forest fallings. Her eyes danced around her knowingly, tail swaying slightly in anticipation. Just then Scuta reappeared above her, tackling her to the ground. She 'oofed' and scraped at the dirt while laughing.- "Ooooh! Why, you! I'll get you back!" She growled harmlessly, turning to face him as he rolled onto his back. His grand smile was infectious and soon Blanchia had caught the one disease she didn't mind never curing. With a smiile of her own she openly crouched to the ground and crawled sneakily towards him. She reached out a paw and batted his belly.- "Oh, dear, I killed him with my superior skills." -Blanchia lifted herself to sit, her neck raised proudly and her chin jutting out to the sky.- "I guess I was just too much for him, he died grinning like the fool he was." She peeked downwards expectantly. Of course, he wasn't dead or even close to it but it was fun to pretend that she'd gotten the best of him, not that she did anything.-

Scuta played along, spat his tongue out and made a general groaning noise. He threw out his appendages and continued grinning.

"Oh no! The mighty Blanchia has defeated the once and always great Scuta!" He said. "Woe is me! Woe is me." And with a grand gesture, 'died'. His tongue sticking out at Blanchia.

Blanchia was trying desperately not to laugh and his theatrics really weren't helping. - "MWA! HA!HA!HA!HA! HA!HA!HA!HA!" -She gave a thunderous and evil laugh or rather, at least as evil as she could feign.- "'This once and ways great Scuta has just lost his title to I, the newest and the greatest, Blanchia!" -That was her que to laugh and the giggles bubbled over her jaws with no abandon. Her head shot back and her shoulders shook, tears even formed in her eyes.- "Goodness!" -She cooed breathlessly when she caught a break in her fit.- "I haven't had quite that much fun in a terribly long while." -She turned her sparkly eyes on Scuta and offered to help him up, nudging her nose under his neck.-

Kadaen was inside a cave. He was far away from the main hatchling area. He was only a travaler, slowly making his way to the group with good crusher in it. He didn't have that much ttrouble controling his blood lust. He could even look at blood from a dying animal and not go inside a freazy. For as long as he was a vamp, he had never recalled having a blood freazy.

Scuta rolled onto his belly and stood up. Being of a species that isn't very double jointed, he couldn't have gotten up without rolling.

"Same. It's not exactly fun around here, there's a lot that could send a dragon into pessimism." He said. "I suppose we should get back to the other group and see how they're doing today."

He grinned devilishly this time.

"Race ya!" He called over his shoulder as he began sprinting.