rainface

Hatchlings

Archer watched, his impeccable eyesight penetrating the fog and trailing the dragon's every move with unbounded ease. He saw the dragon come around somewhere at his flank, Archer did not move; he did not feel threatened. However, growing bored, he stood, shaking himself of the leaves which clung to his underside. Stretching his wings so that they cut past the dragons face inches from it's nose, he slowly changed the image on his wings, focusing on a small shadow and expanding it so it covered him in black. The contrast to the fog was great and he was fully visible. Pulling his wings back, his eyes glinted; he was amused.

-------------

Blanchia nodded and walked up, her muscles were tense and her gait was rigid though purposeful. She was going to get in some personal training with the hour she had before the real trials began.

After some time, having gone deep into the woods, the white took to the sky, her gloriously stainless scales glinting vividly in the morning rays, tinted a haunting crimson by it's burning flames. Blanchia payed it little mind, refusing to accept it as an omen and descended into a clearing far west of the cave and in the middle of nowhere; a place no dragon seemed to venture so far to get to.

The ground was rough and callous, dried out and forsaken by the lack of tree coverage and the massive stone wall which stole it's rain by the over hanging ledge. It was cast in shadow much of the time but the rising sun placed it into light and burned what struggling plants attempted to grow there. Looking at the loss of life made her heart hurt but she again ignored the interference, her will predominant in her body, mind and currently her soul. Her heart would have to wait.

Boulders, which had fallen from the cliff hang up above were scattered about, it's be good for sunbathing but it was going to be good for training. Blanchia narrowed her eyes, bracing herself before she began working on moving the massive stones into a zig-zagged line. It took quite some time but enough so that she had little left to train. With perhaps 45 minutes remaining she began. Starting from the first boulder she leaped onto it, her talons scraping the surface which refused to give way.

Looking out it was clear the boulders were different in size, shape and their balance ranged immensely. There was also the fact they were farther away than the log posts had been. Coiling her muscles and bending low Blanchia leaped for the second boulder but she miscalculated the distance to the left and missed it by a foot. Her shoulder slammed into the stone instead and she struggled to her feet, teeth grit in defiance as she staggered back tot he first boulder and climbed up on top to begin again.

Scuta, wanting a warmup as well, made his way to the logs. With a bound he landed on the first one. He began sprinting up and down the posts, building speed with every completion. Eventully he began to blur. Eventually he went out of sight of normal dragons, the only semblance of him there, we're the edge logs bending slightly. This occurred due to fact that he turned on these and had he sped up more, they would have snapped. he figured overtime this field would turn into a well worn training field.

Jink continued staring, less on edge now that he knew where it was.

"Who are you and what do you want?"

Edited by Dusset

Illuminis could feel her powers beginning to drain, the moon was fading behind the invisible glass which blinded it with the sun's light, illuminating the sky in dark purples and reds as it fought to regain it's throne. Since she'd properly absorbed much of the moonlight she would be able to last throughout the day, it would be a stretch, but she could handle it. She had no choice.

She could feel Crusher beginning to accept her aid and in doing so his mind would become clearer, all hidden thoughts which secretly barred him from his goal would have finished like a sigh, gone unnoticed. Illuminis could feel his progress through the hours of the night, he'd come far, though there was still a long ways to go. When night would fall once more, he would have only come 1/3 of the way.

Evil Crusher felt his head feeling... not as..... sticky? He had no real goal that he knew of other then improving his skill right now. Though he liked the feeling of being able to trust someone...... it felt almost like a torrent of water washing the inside of the chest..... he felt like hugg- he detected his wonder and focused again.

With control more or less stripped away when the presents flared it got to his face. It suddenly took on a calm look. As Evil Crusher focused the presents got off a soft look at Illuminis. If you could see the emotions you'd almost say it was a look of one wanting love and to be shown there cared for. But the look vanished again once it was detected.

Archer felt obligated to turn around and look the dragon in the eyes and so he did, his muscles making little effort to turn his body to face the stranger as he spoke. Archer looked at him unblinkingly, his eyes boring into the others' as he debated whether or not he felt like replying. Archer felt his mind give a mental shrug and calmly he responded. "Isn't it general rule to introduce yourself first and then asking someone else their name." It wasn't said as a question, simply a bored statement as if he were pointing out that there was grass on the ground and clouds in the sky.

-----------

Blanchia was bruised and several of her scales littered the dirt, she'd made it as far as the fourth boulder with slow speed and several mistakes. As she walked back to the first boulder she felt a pang in her left shoulder where she'd first hit it when she'd begun. Minutes were passing by, each painful throb counting the seconds.

Climbing up to the first boulder for the umpteenth time Blanchia braced herself, clenching her jaws and mentally insulting herself to build up her fiery temper and burning ambition, traits from her father which were becoming useful now. Her blood raced through her veins, junked up on adrenaline and a fierce determination that burned in her cool silvery eyes.

She jumped for the second boulder her claws fighting against the incorrigible stone surface for an instant before she thrust off towards the second. Again she brushed the boulder briefly before shooting off for the third to the right. Her body angled in instant to adapt to the change, her muscles bracing for the distance which her eyes gouged in the few moments she had time to look. Her eyes scanned the earth from the point of where she was flexing to jump and where she was jumping to. The third boulder was soon under claws and she was already aiming for the fourth. She'd made a mistake by misjudging the distance and the angle to the left, it wasn't the same as when she'd jumped from the first to the second boulder and the height was much lower and though the balance was easier. Her body leaped of it's own accord, trapped in the flow of her movements, her eyes narrowed slightly as her back stretched for the lower surface. She needed to adapt and she needed to do so quickly. Her fore claws reached the surface, take up the entire space of the boulder making it difficult for her hind legs to fit.

Suddenly her right for leg was reaching out, moving towards the fifth boulder to her right just as her right leg came to the surface. In that instance her left fore leg then began to reach as well her left hind coming onto the boulder. Her rear muscles flexed and she bounded off the boulder for the fifth, it was higher, larger and unbalanced.

Time seemed to slow, she was moving swiftly but now it was also moving instinctively. It was as if her body had gained the knowledge and the memory from some distant past, something which her mind had yet to become aware of. Meeting the fifth boulder was rough, her chest only came above the merciless rock by inches and her breath had caught in her chest. Before she could regain her mental stability she was moving for the sixth. Her mind fought against her body, her fluidity became disturbed and her head came down, curling in just as her eyes caught a glimpse of the rock which was surely going to hit her.

Sure enough skull met stone, both unwilling to give an inch, coming to a stalemate even as her body was struck with the aftermath of the blow, crashing into the earth until her back skid around and slammed into the large boulder as well. Hurting all over, her vision speckled with black dots, Blanchia lay unmoving on the cloud of dust and dirt. Her chest rose and fell, panting, plumes of dirt rose sharply from the ground as her nostrils flared with each demanding breath of air. Her muscles were sore and screaming at her, her head was pounding like a bell being rung at the hour and her back tingled unpleasantly.

She still had time before her hour was up. Sighing she forced her tired body to stand and ignored each pain which struck up with every step towards the first boulder. She was going to go again and this time she'd make it to the final seventh boulder.

Fenix looked at the sky when the rays of the sun started to show. "Well, there goes any hope of sleep. Guess I'll just stay up."

Scuta, who had worn the logs out to a smooth surface, slid off the end as he finished his warmup. He panted heavily and took rest on the grass. Now he would wait for the hatchlings to assemble or he'd go get them in a short bit.

"Not if the person asking doesn't care about the other's feelings." He replied in a flat tone.

He decided this one was not a threat and relaxed. But as always, his hind legs were still tensed for a jump.

"I have stayed up all night long. I think a nap would help me get use to staying on daytime hours," Kadaen said.

Tetra looked at the sky. "Well Va-" Tetra said then she was cut off.

"Morning everyone," Vadellia said as she walked to the others then she saw Kadaen. She growled at him. "What is that flee bit vampire doing here?"

Blanchia finally made it the last boulder and collapsed onto the ground panting like a dog, she felt like a stone sinking down into a current-less abyss when she closed her eyes. Once she opened them she was still in the same place, breathing out her strain and breathing in refreshing air. The sun had risen pretty far by now and so, with what energy she had mustered in her brief idleness, she stood and forced herself to take to the air. This time she flew straight to the cave without stopping anywhere in the forest to land. When it came into view she landed, fighting hard to hide her exhaustion.

Spotting Scuta she walked up to him, stifling a limp in her left fore leg. "I'm back...is no one else here, yet?" she asked, her voice perfectly masking the way her throat attempted to constrict back her every word. Looking around she noticed that, while the dragons had begun, or had already awoken, were not yet gathered around for the day's training. Sitting down, gratefully, beside Scuta she watched the others in silence. She completely forgot she could easily heal herself and the wounds which had scabbed over with dry blood in the place of missing scales.

---------

Archer watched the dragon, eyes sparkling with amusement to it's retort. "True, true." He said his eyes not missing a thing even in their underlying indifference. "But then, you wont be hearing a name from me until then."

The nebula watched the dragon carefully, his eyes unmoving though picking up every faintly twitching muscle, pulsing vein of blood buried beneath the armor of scales. Everything.

"No, not ye. I was going to rally them u..." He paused. "What happened to you? It looks like you fell through a mile of thorn bushes!"

She was cut, bruised and scabbed. Which was odd, seeing as only an hour ago she was perfectly fine.

"Fine then, I'll entertain this." Jink replied. "My name is Jink Usque, I'm here to enact vengeance. And what of you?"

The nebula seemed to looking him over. He did the same. It popped into his head how this one had no forearms, and simply had wings sprouting from where they would be. He thought this was weird, but then again, he used his own species, Spitfire, as the norm.

Crusher nodded "Well know wont be the time for naps then. As we-" he was cut off as Vadellia showed up. He looked at her as did Stoneza. "and your issue is?" Crusher asked standing up. Stoneza frowned at her "You seen quick to judge and say hurtful things from what I'v seen." Stoneza said.

"Don't be too harsh on her. I already told you, Valdellia and Kadaen don't get along," Tetra said. She felt like she was ignored, or at lest partly.

"Sometime it is best to quickly judge, but this Vampire I know," Vadellia said. She never trusted Kadaen, and she clearly showed it.

Kadaen sighed. "Thick headed as usual, young one who should of been a vampire," he said.

Fenix watched as another black dragon approached. He quickly learned it was Tetra's sister, Vadellia. He remained quiet, but got ready to interfere if needed. The last thing he wanted at this time of the morning was everyone attacking each other.

Zenith yawned and woke up with a stretch. He looked outside the cave and noticed it was light outside. He exited the cave and looked around, trying to figure out where people were.

Crusher looked at Tetra and wanted to say something but with held it. If this had been going on as long as he was told then this had been going on for a long time. "From what I can tell he won't harm anyone. He will be welcome into the cave." he said sternly to Vadellia. Since Tetra trusted the vamp enough to hug the vamp then he must be safe.

Stoneza looked at them "If we went by that our Crusher here would be dead." he said with a shrug before walking off.

(Trying to post as often as I can, but I'm not sure how often that is...)

Ren sighed, she wasn't exactly happy today, because she let herself remember her memories of the past, which she will most likely never mention, but keep them to herself. And now she deeply regretted that decision. Ren of course didn't shed any tears, because she hates crying. Once she started, if she did, they would not stop for a long time. So she tried to stop herself before that happened, and she got up from her comfortable patch of grass and wandered, not sure of what to do now.

She stretched her wings and legs after a while, a stream flowing next to her. She began following the stream that she had never noticed before, and trotted alongside it. Her stomach rumbled loudly in hunger but she ignored it, punishing herself for letting herself remember those horrible memories.

After a few miles of trotting and running, she stopped at a very dense almost fence like strip of trees. There were tons, and she run along it to see if it ended, but it didn't end until it was in the ocean. She tried flying over, but the wind just pushed her back. She tried swimming, but the current pushed her back as well. She tried looking for a gap, but failed. She tried again to find a gap, and managed to find a small one, that would just be able to fit her into it. She was a very small dragon, she assumed that her and only a few other very small dragons would be able to fit in.

When she squeezed through the gap, she found herself at the base of a large, colorful mountain, with a few waterfalls running off of it, and the stream led into it, then back out into the ocean a while away. The sight was stunning, it was a beautiful clearing with plenty of animals trotting here and there, lots of herbs and flowers, and the water was crystal clear, perfect for drinking. The grass swayed slowly in the wind, and she sat down looking at the sight.

She put her paw in the water, and it was nice, the perfect temperature. 'This is perfect,' she thought. 'And I have it to myself, unless I tell others. But either way, they probably wouldn't be able to fit through the gap, would they? I guess its mine!' she thought excitedly. Now she had a place to herself, for her to go to when she was bored or wanted to be alone. Or, if they couldn't find an herb, she could simply come here. She noticed lots of them, here and there, plentiful and healthy.

"Fine," Vadellia said, backing off for now. She was mad that Kadaen was staying so she flew into the cave, not hearing a word from Stonza.

"Wait you were a vampire? How did you change?" Kadaen asked Crusher. He wanted to be something other then a vampire. He wanted out of the blood prison, as he called it.

Crusher looked at Kadaen "Yes I used to be one..... I used to be the very enemy we are now training to fight." he said "I did not really get out of the body though really. It was more like it was restored. I guess before when I was in the egg I used to be a magi type as controlling magi comes easily to me when I was given this body. It took another being called the elder. He's much like a god you could say. That or a really powerful gold." he explained. "I rid my self of the old and was granted the restoration and well... here I am." he said.

Edited by little lost dragon

Fenix relaxed a bit when Vadellia left. "Sounds like an interesting story Crusher."

Zenith stood there and watched as Vadellia flew right past him and into the cave. Whats with her? He thought, though he decided to not pursue it.

Edited by Fenix3533

((Heh, paradise. I know of a few dragons that rather be there than battle their demons. But in theory, couldn't someone just fly over the trees or was that a mid-read?))

((Heh, I mentioned that she tried to fly over the trees, but the wind was so strong that it could push back even the strongest of wings.))

((What about those who can break the sound barrier and travel faster than light on occasion? And is frozen as a winged hatchling? Checkmate? xd.png ))

Callaina moved out of the cave with a gait of a much larger dragon. She wandered to the clustered group.

"Training."

She then moved into the field, time to test those who didn't make it yesterday. If not, there will be more exhaustion. Much more.

((Night.))

Edited by Dusset

Zenith watched as Callaina walked out of the cave. He figured it was time for them to get started on training. He made his way out to where she went and waited for the rest.

Fenix was a bit surprised when a spitfire came up and said one word then walked off. "Seems like there are some that are ready to start for the day."

Kadaen walked over to the spitfire. "Mind if I join in the training?" he asked politly.

Tetra sighed. She was in no mood to deal with Vadellia's drama with Kadaen. She was never in the mood for it.

Crusher looked at Callaina when she came up said training then went to the logs again. And Kadaen seemed to just take off as well. He looked at Tetra "Well may as well get started." he said and began to head to the log area.

Stoneza decided to watch this time. For his type jumping with out his over sized wings was something he could really only dream of if one he wanted to get distance and 2 with his weight if he did do it he would wreck each log each jump now.

Fenix followed Stoneza and Crusher to the logs, but sat next to Stoneza. "So what exactly are they supposed to be doing?"

Stoneza shrugged "From what I know of there training where physicle selfs to combat Crushers other self. Here there jumping the logs with out the use of wings. Our Crusher had it down alright but turns out he used his wings to help keep him in proper direction resulting in him mis judging the jump. The others made it but failed on other parts. Only 1 or 2 fell short of the jumps though." Stoneza explained