rainface

Hatchlings

"It was a joke Crusher," Vadellia sighed when he tried to get Tetra up. "You might as well let me do it. Normally she would be up by now, but this is one of the few times you gotta do one thing to make her get up."

Tetra was still asleep, even when Crusher shook her.

"Yes Crusher, actually, I'm only here to make sure no one cheats. Remember that until this point, no hatchlings had any formal training. This is really just pre-training. That's why you have started with this."

She knew whether they appreciated her methods or not, it wasn't going to change their effectiveness. Crusher though, seemed to be against this style.

Crusher sighed "Alright you wake her." he said then looked at there trainer "Cheating, I'm unsure what we could do that would be cheating unless I aid us with my magic." he said as he waited for Tetra to be woken up. He looked at Zenith "Ready to continue soon?" he asked.

"Or I melt the bolders so we have to restart," Vadellia said as she stepped on Tetra's right wing. She knew her sisters weakpoints, and when she has to wake up her younger sister, she would always do this.

Once Vadellia stepped on Tetra's right wing, Tetra remembered everything and she awoken from her sleep. She used her tail to attack her sister, mainly in the wing area, witch hit and Vadellia backed off. "Waking me in the usual way huh Sis?" Tetra asked. She looked over at Crusher and smiled.

Crusher'rs head snapped at the sudden movement of Tetra. He looked at Vadellia and then to Tetra "You seem to remember your sister now." he said smiling back. Though her voice when she asked her sister the question and the actions told him a lot about there relations. "Before you two end up at each others throats, remember we have a task at hand." he said not wanting to break up a fight.

Zenith turned and looked at Crusher. "Yeah I'm ready to start soon."

((Kinda brain dead atm))

"I know," Tetra said. She yawned. "Can I have five more hours of sleep?" Tetra asked in a kidish joking way, but she did mean it.

"You'll sleep the day away, but well worth it considering you are a black dragon, like it or not," Vadellia said. She sat on her bolder.

Crusher nodded when Tetra responded though was starting to get annoyed at her sisters behaver. With the group seemingly ready he went to his bolder. "Idea, lets move our boulders so that there side by side. Then we'll all help push our loads up this hill. All strength as one." he said "How does that sound? since instead of pushing our own load we'll all be pushing one load ideally." he explained.

"You three do as you want. I'll push my own load," Vadellia said as she jumped of of her bolder and went ahead to get the job done.

"That sounds like a good idea to me," Tetra said. Unlike her close minded sister, she was open to most ideas.

Blanchia was being left behind and she was not about to lose this race, at least not will racing fair against Scuta. She'd been showed up by his flashy leap and style but not anymore. Blanchia figured it was time to call on her only-in-case-of-emergency magma dragon rage. Her physical power magnified tremendously and as well her stamina. All, without losing her agility and speed. Easily pissing herself off at the thought of losing her leg muscles flexed like angrily clenched teeth, forcing her to move faster across the ground with each powerful footfall. Her talons ripped scores into the earth and before long her body was snaking up behind the two, running in a straight and unguided line. She sprinted between the two, her shoulders and hips brushing against their scales as she passed.-"Eat my dust desert boy!" She laughed and shook her head with a half leap of joy. She was certainly having fun. Pulling ahead of them she returned Scuta's early favor and chucked him a face full of dirt and leaves with a perfectly timed buck of her hind legs.-

Ren, noting that Blanchia could easily outrun her, as well as Scuta, decided she cannot outrun them, but maybe jumping tree to tree again she could beat them. She huffed, then using her claws to dig deep into the ground she pushed herself off the path they were going on and jumped back into the trees, and jumped tree to tree, the trees making a quiet thump noise, and a few leaves fell each time she landed on the side of the tree. She was starting to catch up to Blanchia.

(Haha, this race seems to be never ending...)

((Hehe yeah.))

"Desert boy huh?" He asked.

He put on a burst of speed, tailing Blanchia and catching up with her.

"C'mon Whitey!"

He kept pace with her, having to put more into each stride to reduce use of his power, which with great use can exhaust him. He heard Ren in the trees but he didn't see her, she was keeping pace too. Soon, he imagined they would either tire out or become a large blur.

Zenith listened to the idea and nodded. "That should work. It may be faster it may not, but its something that we can try."

"You three do as you want. I'll push my own load," Vadellia said as she jumped of of her bolder and went ahead to get the job done.

"That sounds like a good idea to me," Tetra said. Unlike her close minded sister, she was open to most ideas.

Crusher nodded "Suit your self." he said to Vadellia then looked at the others "Lets get our rocks together. Zenith put yours in front of mine and Tetra's, have it rest on both. Tetra lets have our rocks side by side. me and Zenith will push each side, you help push both with both of us." he said. Have a triangle formation of the rocks and he and Zenith on the out side and her in the middle helping both out. If all went to plan the 3 rocks will roll faster as there's more pushing. Tetra would be helping both of him and Zenith push 3 rocks together. He started to move his rock.

Zenith nodded and started to push his rock next to Crusher's.

Tetra nodded, and she placed her rock next to Crushers. She was getting stronger. She had saw Vadellia was moving her behind and was almost at the finish line. She hoped she wouldn't be the weakest part of the triangle.

Crusher got to his position and waited for the others. After they where in place the group started to push. Tetra was getting the same load Zenith and Crusher where pushing. It took a few moments but the 3 rocks started to move. Slowly at first but slowly picked up speed. After what seemed like forever the small group started to close the distance between them and Vadellia.

Edited by little lost dragon

Callaina looked over the hatchlings. Interesting approach. She had never through about it that way. She had simply meant to dig small dents in the hill to rest the boulder on every five feet or so. But that worked too. Her only question was that if they worked together, how would they get from log to log individually? That was still the standard to move on.

Ren finally caught up to Blanchia and Scuta again, and she was able to keep up a lot easier. The trees began to thin out though, so she had to go deeper into the forest, so Blanchia and Scuta were now just a small blur. But she could tell she was still keeping up, in fact she as a little ahead, but that gain would be erased as soon as she got closer, because going closer makes her slightly slower. She tried to go faster, bounding from tree to tree.

Vadellia saw Tetra, Zenith and Crusher past her as she still pushed her bolder.

Tetra was getting very tired, but she still kept her pace.

Crusher pushed harder seeing Tetra burning out. They past Tetra's sister. As they neared there mark Crusher's muscles where burning. "Just a little more." he grunted pushing hard. Paws a bit raw and shoulder needing a little treatment but aside from that he was alright. With him and Zenith making sure the load was not going to roll to the side as well as serve as the 2 key movers, and Tetra's job, assist in pushing and making sure the rocks don't roll in.

Zenith was just about ready to stop when Crusher said they were almost there. He would have said something, but he was too focused not not sliding down the hill while being chased by a giant boulder.

Tetra was almost burnt out. She continued with her job though. She would sleep for a few more hours before she would be ready for anything.

Vadellia seemed to be doing fine on her own. She wasn't as tired as Tetra, going at her own pace and she knew she was behind them, but she didn't care. Her ego wouldn't let her do things as a group.

"Well, at first when I ran into them they were afraid of me. They were about to try and kill me when they decided to humor a little girl and let me live." Fenix's eyes closed, lost in the memories. "It took them a few days, but they eventually let me roam around their village. I did not help them with anything until they saw me hunting in the forest. It was at that point that they would hunt with me and I would carry what their traps caught while they hunted. They gave me enough to be healthy. Then one day, the healers approached me. They slowly taught me how to recognise several herbs they could not gather as they could not find them close to their home. It was at that point I they made me this pack. They were fairly peaceful though. I never had to fight with them."

Stoneza nodded "Sounds like they where not into enslaving us." he said "Been through that my self before. Though to this day I don't know why I used one of there catapults to get away. I litlery used a catapult to send me out of the area. It worked though." he said with a laugh. "Would never work now." he chuckled.

Tetra was almost burnt out. She continued with her job though. She would sleep for a few more hours before she would be ready for anything.

Vadellia seemed to be doing fine on her own. She wasn't as tired as Tetra, going at her own pace and she knew she was behind them, but she didn't care. Her ego wouldn't let her do things as a group.

The group began to really slow but got to there mark after a while. He quickly dug a set of places for the bolder to rest in. After wards he flopped down very tired "Well..... we..... did it." he said panting.

Once the bolders were set down, Tetra curled up and went to sleep.

Vadellia was behind them, but she wasn't as tired as they where. She quickened her past as she was close to the mark.