rainface

Hatchlings

Tetra nodded and she walked to the camp. Vadellia was behind Tetra.

"Okay then. Although I'm pretty used to staying up late, I don't think extra sleep will kill me." Fenix wandered into the back and found a place to lay down. He closed his eyes and tried to sleep, but found it would not come to him. He continued to lay there though, as he knew he would eventually fall asleep.

As Crusher prepared himself Illuminis closed her eyes and the energy that had been filling the clearing moved to Crusher in an instant that took half of a blink of an eye. Engulfing him like cold flames they wrapped each of his scales and absorbed into him. Illuminis landed slowly, her feet touching the ground gently and easing onto it she then approached Crusher with a stride that showed just how dominant she was in this field. Unfurling her wings to their full span she placed them on either side of Crusher, feathers gently caressing his newly empowered body.

"I have given you only a small bit of my power, it is not much but it will be more than enough to help you through what is to come. This way, you will not need me to heal you while you train, you will automatically regenerate. However, once you have accomplished what it is you wish to learn, that power will leave you and you will once again need to rely on me for your safety."

Illuminis drew her wings away and sat down before Crusher, her blind gaze turned on him cooly, her tail reaching out to the base of his foot once more.

"Now, you must go through the first trial. We will train your mind. Close your eyes and clear your thoughts of all things, of all earthly bindings and let yourself become lost in the music of the world which surrounds you from all sides. You must become attuned to the rythym of this world, know it from every angle and every angle will be revealed to you. This will take quite some time to accomplish but with my magic within you, it will cut the time considerably. Perhaps 3 days as apposed to the 30 years it had taken me."

-----------

Blanchia walked back with the others, she'd intended to go right to sleep but seeing Scuta taking up the sentinel role for the night, she decided against it and joined him. Walking up beside him she lowered into a crouch and yielded until she was laying on the ground at his flank. She looked up at him from her left and smiled.

"I hope you don't mind, I promise I'm good company."

Evil Crusher was a little startled when the magic was suddenly on him. He looked at his for arm watching it seem to soak into each scale under the platting. Then she came towards him in a very dominant manner and both wings came along his sides. She explained to him how her power she just gave would last the training and heal him when needed for training. Afterwards it would leave and he would rely on her again for healing.

She then retracted her wings and sat down in front of him explaining what to do. He nodded and closed his eye's. Being a vamp he had one common issue to do with vamps. Blood lust though he hardly let that show. As he focused he slowly was able to push things out. His jaws showed the fact this was not an easy task but it was slowly working. After what seemed like forever he did not know how long his mind was clear. Next was to.... become lost in the music of the world........ well he heard the sounds............ how do you become lost in it?

"I don't mind, it gets a little lonely sitting here." He said as he returned a smile. "Deer?" He offered as he took bite.

((Let's make things worse here, by adding a neutral party! For those of you who don't know, Jink is Scuta's brother, and essentially a larger, more experienced and more deadly version of him. They have this thing called an 'Honor Kill', it's like a vendetta against each other.))

Jink decided that wandering in the desert wouldn't fix anything, and he had nothing to do here. Like his brother, he supposed he would have to start a new life. Why not in the same forest? He could kill him, move on and relocate to a calmer area. He turned sharply in the air, broke the sound barrier and shot into the air. He blasted through the sky, leaving a streak cloud in his wake. Eventually he folded his wings and, maintaining speed, fell fast. He opened them at the last second and landed silently. In the center of the forest.

((Dusset, your doing that makes me want to put Archer in x3))

Blanchia returned his smile and went right into a flinch as he offered her the dear. Shaking her head she turned away with a pained expression.

"Ah, uhm, I'm sorry, love. I don't eat meat...." Blanchia finished awkwardly trying not to be rude to Scuta and at the same time fighting the urge to do something irrational about the sight of the dead animal.

((Scuta can be pretty careless sometimes, can't he?))

Evil Crusher had cleared his head but that was as far as he seemed to get. He listened to the sounds around him but failed to get lost in them. He always knew what each one was and what would be causing that. After a while he stopped "Clearing the head is easy compared to.... getting lost in the forest sounds." he said "I hear them but that is as far as I seem to get right now." he said. Thing is he used to not being lost anywhere. Always having a plan, always ready to defend him self. Even if his mind is on other things.

Stoneza came along side the 2 at the cave entrance. "I hear its been a good day aside from one attack case from our enemy." he said sitting down. Then some movement caught his eye. He got up "Looks like we got another visitor." he said walking over to Kadaen. He paused when he saw the new comer was a vamp. Then continued till he was in normal talking range "Hello there. I see you made it here with no trouble." he said seeing this one lacked bone platting so it can't be Evil Crusher.

Illuminis looked at him, she'd been connected to him for the hours or so it had taken him to come this far.

"If you continue to put up defenses around yourself then you have not yet cleared your mind. You can hear the sounds through your protective walls but not for what they are as sounds. You can logically understand where they come from but that is not what you must listen for. Sounds are as individual as those that create them. Listen to the elegant flow of sound and bearer, where one ends and the other begins, where other sounds collide and make even more music together. You must take down your guards and make yourself vulnerable to the world around you. Trust it, Crusher and it will trust you. Make a friend out of the sounds and out of the world and it will make a friend out of you, it will protect you, guide you, and reveal to you what it is you seek to learn."

Evil Crusher looked at Illuminis confused a bit. He lowered his head a bit looking at her as if deciding something. Lowering his walls of protection was something that had not happened since he hatched. He was debating about the lowering but she could have killed him before anyway. With a sigh he closed his eye's again and tried again. When he tried to lower his walls he suddenly felt very small and scared. Insecure and frightened. He refused the urged to throw the walls back up. Instead tried to focus on the sounds. He hated the feeling of needing to rely on something else. More so on how vulnerable he now felt.

Unbeknows to him his body was showing signs of fright when he took down his walls. It showed how he really felt about living. Did he really enjoy killing? Or was it a way he used to cover up other things.

((Scuta grew up in the desert, with a clan of his own species and a Human allied clan. He first moved to the forest when they dies and I started the RP, like five or six months RP time. He's still kind of that foreign guy who doesn't understand the customs of the natives. So yeah, he doesn't always think things like that through.))

"Oh right, sorry." He said.

You could see the scales on his cheeks darken a little, from tan to brown, as he blushed. He kept forgetting she was a vegetarian and wasn't a fan of killing, so few were like her. The last one like her was who? Crisie's sister right?

Jink still never knew where they're cave was, but he found it twice upon accident, unfortunately both were while eyes were closed. He heard a bear roar. It came rushing him, he was in it's territory. The bear came closer and closer, as it went for a strike he stopped it dead with a claw. He ripped it out viciously and the animal's entrails covered the ground. Without even another glance he moved on.

((Did I mention Jink just doesn't like people?))

Edited by Dusset

((Blanchia isn't exactly 'native' she's just a White ;P))

Illuminis watched Crusher closely, while his body appeared to relax, she could feel how vulnerable this was making him feel.

"Relax." Her voice hummed gently through their connection. "Trust and you will be shown what you seek."

((haha poor Crusher, he'll get no sleep whatsoever for the next 3 days.))

---

Blanchia shrugged apologetically. "I'm the one who's sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." After some unknown amount of time had passed, looking out into the night lost in thought, she said absently. "I'm strange aren't I?"

Evil Crusher almost jumped at the sound of her voice in his head. He forced slow breathing to take place to try and calm him. She said to trust..... trust the sounds? Or trust the sounds to lead him? After trying a number of things. He clued in.... thinking met his head was not fully clear. He kept having to clear the though of being caught and killed as this training happened. Fright of death even though he did that to others. With his walls down his security, confidence, had all faded. After some time though he calmed down and focused on the sounds. After a while he seemed to slowly get it.

((I'm not entirely sure what the effects would be if he did manedge to do it. So ya can decide and describe what he see/feels ect. cause tis in the dark on that lol))

"I don't know. What would you consider weird?" He asked philosophically. "Your not the only one dragon I've met who didn't eat meat. Or were you talking about that?"

Jink wandered south-west a bit. Which was in the exact opposite direction. This was until he came across several landmarks the recognized, and went back to North East.

"At this rate I'll never find the whelp."

Fenix stood up. He had been unable to sleep. He looked around and saw most of the people in the cave were asleep except for those watching the entrance. Deciding he probably would not get to sleep soon, he went to join them. "Mind if I join you guys? Can't really sleep right now."

Ren was sitting in the forest. She still didn't feel like sleeping. The last time she slept was 4 days ago, but she still felt like she didn't need to sleep. Well, there was that and the fact that every time she slept, nightmares came to her, of the horrible memories she wanted to forget but could not. She looked up to the night sky, stars shining slightly, the moon a beautiful crescent shape. She pawed the ground, then got up and wandered near the cave, noticing Scuta and Blanchia there.

Illuminis watched Crusher, keeping him beneath her gaze which burned ever brighter as the moon continued to rise.

By now individual sounds would begin to mingle but they would continuously shift in and out of balance, Crusher's mind unable to accept the breaks in the wind and the brushing the leaves as music. His mind would listen only to the obvious melodies and would not accept the broken harmonies as music; as one epically conducted orchestra of staccato, legato and marvelous rifting. All he could pin down was the one chorus, the one sound which flowed easily.

--------

Blanchia smiled and looked at Scuta, leaning away from him slightly as if he said something ridiculous. "Well, no, not exactly that. I just mean about everything so far that's happened. How, I got so upset when Ren killed that buffalo." Her voice faltered slightly towards the end, mentioning 'killed' was enough to make her heart quiver and shake. "Also, from before, when I completely shut down and had that fit when Evil Crusher appeared....." Her voice became a whisper again."Yeah, that especially...." She looked away and studied her claws. They shifted beneath the weight of her gaze.

----------

Archer had kept his wings blacker than the night for the last several days, very little had even bothered him enough to copy an image onto his wings. Now, he was just bored, walking with footsteps which gave not even a whisper as the leaves folded noiselessly beneath his carefully applied weight. Moving without sound meant he wouldn't attract attention; that was a good thing. After a while Archer realized he'd traveled back to the area he'd seen those dragons fighting once before; a vampire and a moonstone locked in a dance that wasted no movements, though neither seemed to lay a blow and the moonstone didn't look to be trying. He looked away, once again uninterested.

In the corner of his eye a figure moved and Archer stopped, his body becoming a perfect statue in an instant, craning his neck and peering over his shoulder he spotted a lone dragon who looked peeved as he seemed to be searching for something with little luck in his favor. Finally, something interesting! Archer was relaxed, entirely unafraid as he approached, his eyes searching restlessly in the dark and depicting the features of this dragon; his current past-time.

Jink's ear twitched fast. He spun to the origin of the noise and waited for it to appear. Whoever it may be, they were either unlucky or overly-cocky t approach him.

"Who's there?" He asked calmly.

His claws instinctively appeared and his wings unfurled like a tarp in the wind.

"Well, I suppose everyone has their own way of reacting to things. It all depends on how you grew up. I was raised to kill things that endangered me or my allies, and you weren't. It's simple really. In short, yes your weird." Scuta replied, jokingly at the end, with a smile again.

Illuminis watched Crusher, keeping him beneath her gaze which burned ever brighter as the moon continued to rise.

By now individual sounds would begin to mingle but they would continuously shift in and out of balance, Crusher's mind unable to accept the breaks in the wind and the brushing the leaves as music. His mind would listen only to the obvious melodies and would not accept the broken harmonies as music; as one epically conducted orchestra of staccato, legato and marvelous rifting. All he could pin down was the one chorus, the one sound which flowed easily.

Evil Crusher listened to the single sound of the area around him in his mind now. He tilted his head listening to the flow but not understanding this new sound now. He continued to listen to it. Maybe she saw with this sound? All he could see in his head was..... well the area around him. They all mixed into his head seemingly allowing to hear what was going on. It almost made a image in his head of what was going on out side his head. Though he was not used to this. But he could pick out his healer's soft breathing. The rustles of leafs and the breeze and other things. No idea what time of day it was though. He continued to listen wondering if there was another peice to this puzzel to clear up the image starting to show up due to the sound or sounds.

Archer did little to hide himself, the blackness of the night and his body, melting into the shadows, was quite enough. Stopping within 3 meters of the dragon he stared at him, waiting for him to react. If he did Archer might be able to do something worthwhile. Or, at lease, what he considered to be worth while; it's very different to most.

----

Blanchia listened to his words, letting them sink in and sooth her. His finishing touch brought her smile to her eyes and she laughed lightly. Glancing up at the moon she gave a sigh. "Tomorrow, I'll try my hardest at training. I can't kill, or hurt anything, but I'm fast and I'm balanced. It's enough to learn how to protect myself." Now she turned to Scuta. "I may be a healer, and I may be a white but when you teach me evasive tactics, please, don't hold back."

----

For the sake of Crusher's progression Illuminis influenced the vampire's emotions using her powers, sending him her calmed and trance-like state of mind to ease his own and settle his curiosity. Now was not the time to have an active mind and curios spirit, but instead a time to submit to the greater unseen forces and allow yourself to be entirely enveloped in it's grasp. Illuminis hoped Crusher would be able to succeed in learning this in just 3 days of nonstop 'training'.

Evil Crusher felt a alter of his emotions pattern's. Something had just influenced them. Resulting in him nearly shutting down the whole thing entirely. He knew it was his healer which was the only reason he manged to stop the shut down process. When he is focusing and something try's to alter his emotions or thought patterns he tend to go into lock down shutting out any and all presents coming in from the out side.

But he managed to keep going with out a lock down. As it was his healer doing it a little and not something else. He almost lost the sound of all the sounds becoming one in his head but kept it. He after a few fighting moments allowed her to start to alter his emotions a bit.

((Even I'm not entirely sure what he would feel once he did do it. For parts like when he gets it I'll have to let you RP the small bit of what he would feel and see ect. Little hard to RP what I litterly don't know lol))

"Well good, that's the right look on things. But today I'll show you all how t block an attack, you can't hit something if your dead." He told her.

It held true, if you couldn't hold your own in a fight how does one expect to win?

Jink and the unknown beast seemed to be in a standoff. He knew the first one to attack was at the natural disadvantage, seeing as the victim could counter and strike. So he backed up a few feet, and waited for the fool to jump him.

Stoneza came along side the 2 at the cave entrance. "I hear its been a good day aside from one attack case from our enemy." he said sitting down. Then some movement caught his eye. He got up "Looks like we got another visitor." he said walking over to Kadaen. He paused when he saw the new comer was a vamp. Then continued till he was in normal talking range "Hello there. I see you made it here with no trouble." he said seeing this one lacked bone platting so it can't be Evil Crusher.

"What maybe trouble to a normal dragon maynot be for a vampire. But then again there are a lot of weaknesses a vampire has to deal with," Said Kadaen. "I am Kadaen. Who are you?" He saw another dragon comming to him. He hoped that the two did not have a bad mind to him.

Edited by polos1993

Stoneza tilted his head "The vamp most us know is our very enemy. Trust me, he does not have many weaknesses." Steonza said "no idea how he would take to you. the rest of us he wants dead." he said "As result, try not to mind the others. All your lacking is the bone platting. Other then that you lik pretty similar to Evil Crusher. The magis..... other self." Stoneza said.

"Most vampires look the same, disregarding what kind of dragon we once were. I was a black dragon egg when a vampire had bit me. I had no idea that another of my kind was here," Kadaen said. He scratched his chin like a puppy. "Other self? As in a paradox or just two souls in one body?" Edited by polos1993

Stoneza shook his head "There literly the same dragon. Crusher the magi used to be a younger version of the vamp that now hunts us. Tehre same being. As a result our Crusher knows how he thinks but that only travels so far for fighting."