rainface

Hatchlings

Sxuta watched Blanchia run off, she'd eventually make her way back to them. He continued out into the woods with Ren, trying to find a buffalo. He didn't know if they were native to the land, but... hey, there's one.

"I don't believe I ever caught your name. I'm Scuta Usque." He said to Ren before he told her about her target.

((Guess Scuta's friend is just sitting there as all this happens lol))

Crusher looked at Tetra again after she had been healed "You rest up for now. Eat the berries to give you body something to use to help regain strength." he said then looked around. "I got to get back to training as does Zenith, now that I'm patched up and all." he said "Where training to face the very enemy that I just lost too." he explained.

"I want to go train as well," Tetra said. "You said that I had lost to that same one, so I might as well try to get better at fighting"

"Even though he K.Oed you with just throwing a stone at the back of your head," Vadellia said. "He is very quick. I think my acid breath would beable to get though the bone."

Crusher nodded to the two. "Though if you do wreck his bone platting you'd be high on his threat list. Should that happen you won't be allowed to leave her as if he spots a chance... ya." he said "Either way I guess you 2 could join me and Zenith with our supposed instructor as she just.... sits there as all this happens." he said.

"Okay and it'll help a lot for you. If it's just you two then it'll get to easy to fight agest eachother," Vadellia said. She knew that out of experance. She was only pared up with Tetra, and she could easily defeat her and her parents didn't want her to face her brothers. She looked forword for a new battle partner.

Tetra nodded. She eat one of the berries that Crusher had gone to the trouble of getting her. She was all set. Her body is still numb, but that gives her a somewhat advantige, and also a disadvatige.

"I don't believe I ever caught your name. I'm Scuta Usque." He said to Ren before he told her about her target.

She trotted next to him, and he then asked for her name.

"Er, I'm Ren. By the way, thats a nice name... Scuta." She paws the ground slightly, looking back behind her for a moment then continuing. She then noticed Blanchia heading toward them, slightly tired. She had noticed her healing someone, perhaps it tires her.

"You okay, Blanchia?" She asked, when she finally reached her and Scuta.

Callaina didn't have much to say and not much she could do as there were several other healers running around.

"Come along now." She said.

She probably wouldn't be too comfortable here. It wasn' like her clan and she had no real friendships beyond that of Scuta's. But there were things to push.

She trotted back into the same field as earlier and awaited her trainees. She donkey-kicked a boulder and it rolled into the center of the field. It took quite a bit out of her, seeing as it was her size. Once she recovered, she kicked a smaller boulder, about the size of a winged hatchling, next to it.

"Well I'm going to head back to the training area now." Zenith separated from the group and walked back over to where Callaina was. He looked around and noticed the different boulders. One was his size, and the other was about Crushers size. He figured they would be moving them.

((edited this post twice to put me int he right place, all should be well now ^^))

Edited by Fenix3533

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm just fine." -Regaining her energy she padded up next to Ren- "Ihaven't missed anything have I? -She asked glancing between Ren and Scuta, thouhg Scuta seemed to be looking at something else.-

"Nope." he said.

The buffalo had moved away, so they continued walking until it was back in line-of-sight.

"Some of the basics of fighting can be learned through hunting. Hunting provides a natural challenge, and keeps you on our toes." He told them."That buffalo looks like he's in his prime, and is even larger than me. I want one of you to take it down."

Ren blinked for a moment. "I guess I'll do it, so Blanchia has a moment to rest before she goes. What should I do? Should I do it my own way so you can see how good I am, or are you going to instruct me first?" She said quickly, so she could paw the ground again.

"Try to tackle it. Take it down and put it in submission." He explained. "Or you could kill it, either way."

He would have jumped it and taken it's head off faster than it could blink. Painless and quick. Or if he was feeling tired he would have snuck behind it and strangled it. But that was him.

Ren nodded, and lowered herself into a crouch, or rather a coil, and at the right time she sprung up and onto the buffalo's back. The buffalo rolled over, than got back up, grunting. She snapped at its neck, and tore out a chunk of its flesh and fur, but not enough to kill it. Her snout wasn't quite big enough to bite in its neck and rip it out. So she lunged at its neck again, and ripped it apart from the body. The buffalo died instantly, and it collapsed, its head hanging slightly, a large part of the neck missing.

She trotted back to them, blood covering her muzzle and she simply liked it off, panting a bit.

"Wow, that was a bit hard, seeing as it was so much bigger than me," she panted.

"Impressive. We'll have to duel tomorrow." He said. "Blanchia? See the other one? North, about one hundred meters? That's all you."

He made his way to the dead buffalo, ripped it's head off the rest of the way ad cauterized the neck. He hefted it and brought it to the base of a large tree just a few meters left, he'd wait there for the next one.

Ren nodded, and pawed the ground, then he walked over to Scuta, who was by the tree and she waited for Blanchia to kill or at least attack her buffalo. She cleaned her paws on the grass of the blood, not wanting to lick them clean. She watched as the buffalo ate slowly away at the grass.

Blanchia was having fun unrtil Scuta told her what she had to do. She watched in horror and utter grief as Ren took down the buffalo, her heart aching miserably for it. She was dumb striken, in a state of shock. Mindlessly she walked towards the dead Buffalo where Dusset had just finished decaptiating it. Blanchia felt numb and her legs fell from beneath her making her collapse onto the ground in the puddle of crimson that so eerily stained her white scales. She began to cry, closing her eyes and praying, rocking gently.- "Please forgive us, please forrgive us for taking your life from you when we did not need to. Please forgive us." She cried in pitiful whispering gasps. Slowly, she got up and her muscles flexed dangerously. Her voice went extremely hard and she glared unblinkingly at the two dragons.- "You should be ashamed for claiming a life that did not deserve to be taken! We do not need food! You have wasted a life for no good reason! Training or not, I will not allow this! Fin another way to train." She stalked gracefully with purpose towards Scuta and took the Head from him, carrying it like it were precious. She brought t back to the body and placed it where it belonged. She turned on the two.- "Dig. Now!"

"Excuse me?" He said in mock anger. "If you have a problem with killing then you should have made that clear earlier. I'm not going to stray from the regiment to please you. What right do you have to impose your beliefs on practices that have stood longer than man himself? You asked me to teach you how to fight, you got what you asked for!"

He screamed the last part. A tear grazed his nose as she cause a flood of unwanted murder-laced memories to come rushing back. censorkip.gif her, why'd she have to trigger that?

Ren blinked, wanting to be forgiven for the death. She had used to do this, before all the tragic things happened in her life. She began to remember the buffalo, before her family was -- She then stopped, refusing to continue to think about it. "Blanchia. I am sorry, I was blinded by memories that will haunt me... " She said nothing more, and went to the buffalo, sending a small prayer asking for forgiveness.

Zenith sat there with Callaina, waiting for instructions on what to do. He looked around and noticed that Crusher was not with them.

((Edit brainfart)

Edited by Fenix3533

((They're a distance off, not still in the field Fenix.))

(( Look at last page dusset, edited the post to where Zenith falls in line with the rest of the training group))

((Zenith was supposed to go with Callaina, of which I'm waiting on LLD to post with.))

Callaina didn't have much to say and not much she could do as there were several other healers running around.

"Come along now." She said.

She probably wouldn't be too comfortable here. It wasn' like her clan and she had no real friendships beyond that of Scuta's. But there were things to push.

She trotted back into the same field as earlier and awaited her trainees. She donkey-kicked a boulder and it rolled into the center of the field. It took quite a bit out of her, seeing as it was her size. Once she recovered, she kicked a smaller boulder, about the size of a winged hatchling, next to it.

Crusher brought the 2 sisters with him to the training area. He went up to Callaina and nodded to the 2 black dragons "They will be joining us for training." he said as a mater of fact like tone. He then went back to his spot and waited by Zenith and signaled the 2 to sit by him.

((Lol active when I'm not, inactive when I'm active lol))

Edited by little lost dragon

Tetra sat next to Crusher, and Vadellia sat next to her sister. Tetra looked she wanted to get ready for training.

Vadellia yawned, she was set to go. She wanted to get going as fast as she can.

"Alright." She said. "You all, well I can;t know for the two new ones, but regardless, need to work on raw power. There are two sizes of boulder here. I don't imagine many of you could move the larger boulder, but I know you could at least nudge the smaller one. So without further ado. Please go ahead."

This was entirely a more accurate gauge, and a great exercise altogether. Beyond this it was simply pushup like exercise with weighted objects until they could at least nudge the bi boulder. Unfortunately this was the longest section of training for most dragons.