rainface

Hatchlings

"I see," Kadaen said. He was glade that the stone dragon wasn't a hasty chace off the vampire. He was glade that he did not have bone plating at all. He yawned. "That has to be a rare accorance. I only seen one dragon alive that is able to make rifts into other paradoxes."

Stoneza shook his head "To get into one of those rifts from what I understand you have to throw him in or something. And well..... good luck weakening him. He ambushes with out warning and then deals some bad damage. If you arn't paying attention he'd kill you before you knew he was there. He also has this cloak rendering him next to impossible to track and his platting renders most attacks useless unless you got a good punch with each hit.

"From what you tell me he is a formantable foe. One that might be of the death bed," Kadaen said. He liked using old language, though he could speak the nowaday language. "I had not seen another vampire for three new moons now. From my travles I have heard of many blood thusty vampires craving for power. That is why many of the other dragons do not like me at first. To them, I am just as evil as other vampires, but I am not."

Stoneza looked at him with a 'what?' look "Of a death bed?" he asked "then we got.... one of the death bed living with us as well." he said "As for power..... he does not strive for power. I don't know what he strives for. But his good self admitted its not for power." he said "He treats death like its entertainment. He get this smile when your in pain and almost dead." Stenoza explained.

"A line I heard some calling vampires. Most do a bite then suck all of the blood out of the body as fast as they can, going from one pray to another to another," Kadaen said. "Great a vampire that does not follow the tradinional ways. About time I find another who does not do it in the olden ways, but that one for evil."

Stoneza shook his head "what ever. Never heard of it before." he said "As for his methods he has non when he kills. From what I'v seen its claws and fangs and his hard pressed 3 pointed tail. Its lethal thing let me tell you. Once he's stabbed you he twists it to cause more damage and then pulls it out. Normally a kill when he does that. As the damage caused is too much unless a healer is right on site." he explained.

Fenix sighed when he was ignored. He left the cave and saw Stoneza talking to another dragon. He walked closer and noticed it was a vampire dragon and stopped. "Hey Stoneza, whos that?"

Stoneza looked back to see Fenix there "Hey, Don't worry this is not Crushers evil self." he said. "This is Kadaen." Stoneza explained. "Aside from that I don't know much about him though." he said "But don't worry, he's not evil Crusher."

Edited by little lost dragon

"Oh okay." Fenix relaxed a little bit. He was glad it was not their enemy.

Tetra awoken from her sleep. She looked around the cave quitely. She did not want to wake up any one who was still sleeping. She walked out of the den and she saw a vampire. She remembered the Vampire and ran up to him and hugged him. "Kadaen what are you doing here! Jez the last time I saw you, you and Vadellia had a small agument and she said you bit her, but I knew you wouldn't do such a thing," Tetra said.

"Young one who should of been a water dragon, I agree it has been a long time," Kadaen said as he hugged her back. "My how have you grown. The last time I saw you was before you had your wings. Are you able to fly better then you can swim? Though I am shocked that your wings did grow. You spend day and night inside the water unless it was to eat, releave yourself or play with the other hatchlings."

Stoneza was startled a little when Tetra suddenly showed up. He looked behind him to see the orange shape of Crusher stir but he was not up yet. He looked at them "I guess you 2 know each other." he said "Tetra here can personally explain what evil Crusher can go. his good self set out to rescue her." he said "That is if she wants to. Speaking of which do you want to rest in the cave? We'd be out of danger and you 2 can catch up." he said.

Edited by little lost dragon

Fenix was a but surprised when a black dragon ran by him and hugged the vampire. "Well, seems like a happy reunion to me. And I agree with Stoneza, we should return to the cave so we wont be in the open."

"Others are sleeping in the cave. I don't want to wake them up," Tetra said. She was glade to see Kadaen here. She knew Kadaen would ask why she was here and what happened. She didn't let it show though.

"We go back a very long time. I was there when she was hatched. Me and her are like brother and sister, though her true blooded sister hates me. I guess it is because she is narrow minded and can't see that vampires can be good," Kadaen said to anwser Stonza's guess. He wasn't happy when he heard that the vampire took Tetra. He may not be bloodly related to Tetra, but he should of been a gardain dragon. He could not stand the thought of his little sister gotten capturned. He saw no injories on her, so he was glade of that. "Tetra what made you come all this way from where you were born?" Kadaen asked. He could tell that something was inside Tetra's mind.

Stoneza nodded "True but at least lets get away from the tree line. The further away we are the further our enemy has to travel slightly raising our chance of seeing his attack should he come." he said "You can never be too careful."

Reguardless of the talk it still woke Good Crusher. He woke up and looked around. He heard talking and decided to find out what it was about. He spotted a small group and went over. To see a vamp but Tetra hugging it. Huh she must recover quickly. He looked at the vamp and gave a small nodded before yawning. He took notice of Fenix and having never saw him before assumed he must have been traveling with the vamp.

"Alright," Tetra said. She saw good Crusher walking up to them. "Hi Crusher. This is my old friend, well like a brother, Kadaen. He and Vadellia never got along so I think it's best to keep them apart."

Tetra gave a shack of her head to Kadaen when he asked her what made her come here. She didn't want to say or think what had happened to her familly. She knew that Kadaen would try to hunt the humans that was responsable for the death of her family.

Kadaen nodded at Crusher. He was happy to see that Tetra had made some friends. "Well once you really get to know Vadellia you will see why," Kadaen said to Crusher once Tetra said that he and her true blooded sister does not get along. He got consered greatly when Tetra didn't answer his question. He was instantly worried. He knew it was not like her to keep herself from telling him anything. He knew it was something bad.

Crusher grunted "I'v seen how the 2 get along. Its not much of a suprize." he said "Which we also have in the cave. Though if you ask me her behaver has been odd. I can give details later." he said "I assume Stoneza here has informed you of the area around here and the work?" he asked then looked at Tetra "How are you feeling?" he asked wanting to know. After all she was exhausted from the rock pushing.

"I may run out of engery quickly, but I gain it back quickly. I am good. How about you?" Tetra said. She knew Kadaen would question her later on her familly matter. He knew better then to mentally talk to her at this distance. She disliked it when others do that when they could just talk.

"To me she should of been a vampire. Have anyone seen her adic breath, save me and Tetra? That sucker is very dangorous to be near. If I had Tetra's power, then I would fight her. Lets say I almost got my tail burned by it. I've known young one that should of been a water dragon's parents since they were kids. The mom always trusted me while the dad hated me. I guess that paseed down from the genuation," Kadaen said.

"Young one who should of been a vampire was the one who light a rage with Tetra's mom claming that I had bit her, but I did not. Out of the kids, Tetra was the only one who belived me. and she knew the truth while the others belived in the lies," Kadaen said.

Fenix noticed a magi walk out from the cave and join them. He heard the black dragon call him Crusher. I guess this is the good one. He found that the vampire, Kadaen, seemed to talk differently from the others. He shrugged it off. He was following the conversation just fine. "So let me get this straight. You grew up with the black dragon, Tetra was it? Then you both get along well, and her sister despises you, along with her dad, although their mom does not mind." He looked at the two, thinking he got everything right, but would not be surprised if he missed something.

Edited by Fenix3533

Crusher looked at Kadaens tail "Maybe bad to get it on scales, but seeing as your tail is still there, even her acid breath won't help much. Has a greater chance of backfiring when he attacks next. As acid does transfer on contact." he explained. He looked at Fenix "Um, Tetra was born after he went with her parents." he said "He grew up with her parants if I got this right and he had to go though after she hatched after a incident with her mother if I have everything straight."

"Okay I'll take it slowly so you guys can understand," Tetra teased. "Mom and Dad knew Kadaen when they were hatchlings. Where he was before that time I do not know. My mom trusted Kadaen, while my dad did not. He mainly didn't trust him because of the vampire reputation that Kadaens type has. My mom saw that he was able to control his blood lust. I do not know that story on how he prooved it to her. My dad never trusted vampires. My mom gave each one a chance and all but one time, they all turned on her, making my dad protecting her and all of that.

"Then my siblings and I came along. Kadaen had watched over us and helped my parents baby sit us. Vadellia had never trusted Kadaen, even when she was a day old. When Kadaen saw me for the first time we just clicked like brother and sister. Nothing more nothing less," Tetra said. She hoped that Crusher would understand. "Before I got my wings, Vadellia and Kadaen had an agument. Over what I do not know. He could tell when Vadellia and I are thinking about pritty much anything due to him being around us for a very long time, though it took him a long while to tell what Vadellia was thinking.

"After that agument, Kadaen was exiled from my clan, a year before the humans came and killed everyone but me and my sister," Tetra said. She hoped that was good enough for the other dragons.

"Before I got to Tetra's parents, I was with the humans. That was a very long time ago, back when I was still just an egg," Kadaen said. "While I was with the humans, I had to do some things I regreat doing. I hated that life, and so I ran away from it. None should of done what I had to do to servive until I was strong enough. I was once a black dragon, but I no longer have that spirit with me. Now I have a gardain's spirit with me. I fear that what I had to do to servive, have made more havic," Kadaen said.

Crusher nodded as he listened catching the small line Tetra said. He could not help but feel the 'Nothing more noting less' line was directed at him. Then again he was defensive of Tetra or felt like it. With Oracle leaving him and not returning never mind with out warning he deemed it alright to move on. And Tetra seemed to have take her place anyway in his heart. He nodded again when Tetra and Kadaen finishing explaining things.

Stoneza listened and was wondering about things but said nothing.

Fenix understood now. Kadaen was like an uncle to Tetra. "I can see why some did not, and do not trust you. The vampire type was not particularly welcome." He looked to the sky for some indication of the time. "I'm not sure about you guys, but I think I want to try and get some sleep before this night is over."

"Questions and I agree with you there," Tetra said. She yawned.

Kadaen chuckled. "Not a black spirit but a water one. You have been like that since you were little Tetra," he said. He also yawned, his vampire fangs do not have blood stains that most vampires have when they get Kadaen's age.

Blanchia fell silent, looking out into the distance, time had passed without her knowing it for the suns rays were burning on the horizon and climbing above the trees. "I don't plan on dieing, not for a very long time....." Not until I can settle my warring heart. I can't die until I've finally come to be at peace with my parents death and I can not die while I bear a grudge against the lives of others. She finished silently in her thoughts, unable to say them out loud. Quietly she rose, her stiff limbs complaining as they were forced to move after being idle so long. She glanced at Scuta and then at the tree line. "I'm going out for a bit before training starts...."

------------

Illuminis could feel her powers beginning to drain, the moon was fading behind the invisible glass which blinded it with the sun's light, illuminating the sky in dark purples and reds as it fought to regain it's throne. Since she'd properly absorbed much of the moonlight she would be able to last throughout the day, it would be a stretch, but she could handle it. She had no choice.

She could feel Crusher beginning to accept her aid and in doing so his mind would become clearer, all hidden thoughts which secretly barred him from his goal would have finished like a sigh, gone unnoticed. Illuminis could feel his progress through the hours of the night, he'd come far, though there was still a long ways to go. When night would fall once more, he would have only come 1/3 of the way.

------------

Archer watched in silence as the dragon stepped back, apparently the beast thought he'd actually care enough to attack it. Archer shrugged and sat down on the cool ground, dew clinging to each blade of grass, broken leaf and falling pine nettle made the air moist. A fog was barely visible in the dim lighting but the sun was rising and as he sat Archer began to copy the appearance of the morning sky and the fog and trees. Soon, he laid down onto the wet earth and hid his blackened body so that only his camouflaged wings were shown. He seemingly disappeared into the back ground but he was still there, watching, waiting, not even entirely trying to stay hidden; it was an act based on instinct and habit.

"Alright." Scuta said as she got up. "Be back soon, training starts in only an hour."

Callaina jumped awake, no particular reason; beyond that morning surprised her by it's arrival.

Jink gave up on the beast. He turned and continued. Then disappeared. He landed, with grace, behind where the first rustle had occurred he spotted small unnatural black spots.

"Show yourself."