rainface

Hatchlings

Evil Crusher watched her start to leave "Be back by evening." he said before going off in his own direction. He entered the forest him self in search of prey. This time for eating. But all food seemed to be hiding this time. Was it the clouds? Or was it that they could sense his where about's? Either way he was going to eat something. He spotted a bird on its nest. It looked like it was hoping to high heaven that he would not see it. Sadly he did and it and its eggs ended up in his belly. He looked around for more when a drop of rain hit his muzzle. Long time since he recalled rain being around him.

Good Crusher waited with Scuta for the ones that where to be trained to get up. He looked around the sky "Looks like training will happen in the rain." he muttered as he felt a few drops hit him.

"C'mon." He said to Blanchia as she exited and Callaina when he got to her. "Nap time's over."

He trotted outside and with a flick of his tail he signaled for everyone to follow him out to the field which was only just outside the cave.

Ren noticed Blanchia awake, and nodded to her, laughing slightly. "What, are you a bear hibernating? Haha, it took you long enough to wake up." She trotted alongside her as they followed Scuta. She paused for a moment to paw the ground, then continued walking. She stretched her wings as they walked.

Blanchia nodded to Scuta, still slightly out of it.- "Coming." She mumbled and then frowned playfully at Rin.-"Yes, indeed, a bear who hibernated for maybe 3 full ours. Gosh, Spring better catch up to me-e!" Her pitch bobbed on the 'me' to exaggerate and she bumped her thigh against Rin as she came up beside her.- "Ready to train?" -She looked up with a smile to her coming rhyme.- "In the rain?"

------

Illuminis went about herself in the woods and began the long, tedious, though soothing, search for the herbs. She would be back by evening, as promised, but since she had the time to herself she would get all that she could done today. Then, she would go see Viviann.

Ren laughs and smiles. "Yeah, sure!" She returned the bump with her own, and laughed again. She pawed the ground yet again, then continued on. She gave a glance to the sky as a slightly chilly breeze passed by, and clouds were forming a bit. She dismissed it, and assumed it would not rain until after the training and herb collecting.

-As she pawed through the forest the feint sound of rain drops landing on the lush green leaves hit her ears and she felt them upon her rough scaled skin. She sighed heavily and instead of flying she climbed up a tree. Just as her shoulders ravaged a branch she noticed a large grey squirrel dart up the tree and her mind was set on catching it. The little rodent put on a wonderful entertaining chase and she followed for her amusement knowing she could easily catch it. She chased and chased playing in the rain then instantly froze letting her prey flee and lifting her head and inhaling deeply. She could smell two other dragons uncomfortably close. Her nose told her on was increasingly distancing itself and the other lingered. Curiosity always gets the best of her so she followed quietly to the lingering Dragon. As she got closer she slowed more her breathing steady and just peered through the overgrowth of the forest. Her instincts told her to stand her ground so she watched and waited silently-

Evil Crusher stopped. With it starting to rain he could not cloak. Well he could but you'd see this area of rain being absent. But this was a being watched feeling. Then a head seemed to peak up from a bush. He turned and headed right to the bush then in a quick swipe removed the bushes main part throwing most of it away. "Well, most around here know to avoid me or attack. Your doing neither." he said then narrowed his eye's. He looked normal but he was hiding his braced limbs for her to attack. His face expression said he was looking forward to a fight though. "Do you know who I am?"

Zenith stood and stretched. He stood and left the cave to stand in the rain that was starting. "Rain it is then." He was tired but did not complain. He would put what he could to help them.

Scuta lead the party into the center of the field. He waited for them to gather. Callaina rolled several logs into the area and stood them up in a row, spaced by at least twenty feet each. There were eight in total. The flew up to each one and pounded each into the ground.

Edited by Dusset

Ren watches as Scuta pounds the logs into the ground. She pawed the ground occasionally, then looked back up to Scuta. She was unsure of what she was supposed to do, seeing as this is her first time being trained. She glanced up at the sky, as a few raindrops fell on her face. She then looks back down, and watches absently.

((PSST, hey,

Waiting on other people to continue, such as Chasilin and LLD))

((Lld is at a sleepover, probably won't see him till tomorrow. ))

-She jumped as the bushes tore away exposing her large dark body. Instantly she moved to a defensive position and tilted her head to the side and she smiled somewhat.- "Perhaps it is you who should know who I am. -She tries to spot the squirrel and sees its tail disappear as it runs off to hide.- "Oh drats! You made me lose my breakfast."

Good Crusher joined Scuta with the log hitting. Afterwards he looked at the few with them. "Alright, as you all most likely know our enemy is currently surpassing our own combat ability. So to try to stop that were going to be at this for the next while. Scuta will be in charge of training us all in claw to claw combat. As our enemy knows that well we need to know it to combat it effectively." he said "I'll be in charge of training you all in evading attacks. As our enemy knows how to ambush well and switch targets at a very fast pace." he said "Once Scuta is happy with your claw to claw combat and I'm happy with your evading skills then we will head out to rid the threat." he said.

Stoneza nodded though was wondering how the heck he would avoid a fast attack. He was a bit big.

Evil Crusher snorted a little "Your breakfast?" he asked "Your stealing my food?" he asked seemingly eager for something. "Maybe you should become my breakfast then." he said as he began to circle her.

Zenith nodded his head. He was ready for the training the day had to bring. "Well Crusher, where do we begin?" He waited, wondering if he would have them go with Crusher or Scuta.

((Let's get on with it shall we?))

After everyone assembled, into a rough line parallel to the now up-right logs, Scuta stood in front of them.

"Listen up! Normally this training is called 'The Passage'! These are the rites (don't dare think that's wrong) of my people to come into warrior-hood! Prior to this, hopefuls would spend every day training in groups or alone in the desert in both survival skills to strengthen the mind and physical labor to strengthen their body. This only happens once every four seasons and those who fail simply have to wait for next year." He explained. "You have neither the opportunity to apply next year, nor the training almost required for this extensive version. But on the bright side you won't be taking the rites, only the one-on-one training that occurs just before the rites."

He nodded to the logs.

"As a warm up you must leap from log to log without opening your wings or using a form of magic, pure muscle power. Those are spaced roughly twenty human feet apart. You'd be surprised how many dragons fail at this."

And with that he awaited the first person to volunteer. Although the adults will have an easier time, it wasn't designed for them.

Crusher nodded and then decided to volunteer. "I'll take a shot at it." he said heading over to a log. Then the others could get an idea of what Scuta may be talking about. "So only using our legs he jump from log to log." he said to verify what they had to do.

"Absolutely, as fast as you can." Scuta replied. "If you knock one over you have to reset it yourself and restart."

He needed to gauge their physical ability without it being obvious he was doing so, this was the perfect test to do so.

Crusher nodded and got him self ready then jumped. He cleared the first one but got a little close to the end of the one he landed on but went off to the side on the 4th one. He went back to the first log "As fast, and land each one." he muttered before trying again. He seemed to mess up on something for landing on the 4th log.

-She eyes him watching him circle ash she sat down clenching her wings close to her body as well as her tail holding her head arrogantly high.- "Yes my breakfast and as far as I knew this is a forest fill with all sorts of goodies for anyone. Why should you reap all the benefits? As for your breakfast, I don't want trouble, but I won't go down easy." =She smirked wickedly and started after him hunkering low to the ground.-

((Sorry, I was lost somewhere in the Johto region battling it out with the Elite ' ;P Pokemon <3))

Blanchia watched as Scuta and Callaina provided a battling course, she tried to think of what it's purpose was. Perhaps they would strike the logs? Headbutt them? Ram them? Circle them? Goodness knows but she was bracing herself for anything as she slowly 'woke up'. Finally, Scuta came down to stand before them after aligning all the present dragons parallel to the logs. He explained what they were meant for and Crusherbone volounteered to begin.

Blanchia was no longer tired, she was getting really pumped up as she watched their assumed leader actually fail at the task. Eager to begin she padded up to Scuta and sat down beside him, leaning in his direction so he could hear her quiet voice clearly.

"Scuta, hun, don't ya think it'd be a good idea to set up courses for each of the dragons? Or at least have us set up our own courses? Well, it's just, I'm quite ready to begin but sitting here doing nothing while we wait for each dragon to finally make it across, it's rather unfulfilling. If I'm making any sense here..."

------

It didn't take the moonstone very long to gather her herbs and even though she wanted to go see Viviann every chance she had, she knew she needed to get back to Crusher. In fact, she felt almost compelled to, so she did not resist.

As she came nearer she tucked her herbs away in a tree facing their clearing and then turned away in the direction Crusher ahd first gone. She was able to pick up his location easily enought but what made her feel anxious was the second figure that was smack in the center of the circling vampire dragon.

When she could hear their words Illuminis damned near fell over with how oblivious this child was. Approaching them carefully and in a way she'd be in Crusher's full view (so she wouldn't be attacked), Illuminis emerged from the forest under brusher, stepping past it elgantly announcing her arrival. She did not think it wize to interrupt Crusher so she walked on the outside of him as he circled, moving with him in perfect sync, her wing touching his rising and falling shoulder.

"Crusher, who is this ignorant child?"

((needed to color code. I kept getting confuddled....))

-She eyes him watching him circle ash she sat down clenching her wings close to her body as well as her tail holding her head arrogantly high.- "Yes my breakfast and as far as I knew this is a forest fill with all sorts of goodies for anyone. Why should you reap all the benefits? As for your breakfast, I don't want trouble, but I won't go down easy." =She smirked wickedly and started after him hunkering low to the ground.-

Evil Crusher smiled. Seemed she did not understand him "Lets see your in my territory. And you should know what that means." he said as she began to crouch low to the ground. He remained circling her, tail seemingly being held like any other tail and such. He seemed unprepared for an attack. But looks can be deceiving.

When she could hear their words Illuminis damned near fell over with how oblivious this child was. Approaching them carefully and in a way she'd be in Crusher's full view (so she wouldn't be attacked), Illuminis emerged from the forest under brusher, stepping past it elgantly announcing her arrival. She did not think it wize to interrupt Crusher so she walked on the outside of him as he circled, moving with him in perfect sync, her wing touching his rising and falling shoulder.

"Crusher, who is this ignorant child?"

Crusher smirked a bit "Seems this one does not know her place. That or she plain does not have the smarts to understand some things." he said coming to a stop and facing the black dragon "I would not want you to be easy." he said to his now target "As the 'harder' you are the more fun for me." he said with a smile. With the rain starting to come down he did not cloak. "Lets see what you can do." he said then darted forward at the black and almost in a blur his claws had already left marks on her muzzle at the very least as he seemed to be back in his spot as if nothing happened.

Illuminis moved to take the blow that Crusher dished out to the young dragon, she clenched her teeth and squinted her left eye as blood seeped from beneath torn scales on her brow. She anticipated where Crusher would stop and turned to face him, eye fully closed now as more blood continued to marr her generally untarnished dodger blue scales. She bowed her head and took a step towards Crusher touching her nose to the side of his chin.- "Don't hurt her just yet, Crusher. Allow me to take her in to help me collect herbs for you for future fights. She can help to do menial chores and serve her purpose as an errand dragon beneath your command. Think." She said, "Crusherbone has many dragons on his side. If, say, there came a dragon that willingly chose to serve you, imagine what having 'plus one' could do to tip the scale."

Evil Crusher looked at his healer as she touched her nose to his chin right after taking the blow the black would have had. He tilted his head again "You hold a point." he said "Do your thing." he said looking back at the black then back to his healer "and fix that mark." he said before almost bitterly backing down from his combat stance and to a sitting position. Though his eye's where still locked on the black.

((Oh? Does Crusher maybe feel bad for hurting the healer? x3 Even if he doesn't I'm going to think that way so hurr! Cute <3))

Illuminis pulled back as he spoke, she smiled at him slightly, her one open eye glittering fondly. Did he care? Was that why he told her to heal her very small scratch? The one he'd inflicted on her? Illuminis bent forward once more and touched her nose to his but she said nothing at all. Crusher would no doubt be confused by the gesture so she would not explain it but instead leave it to him to decipher. She turned and moved to the dragon, her eyes became stern but were still kind. Nudging the left flank of the dragon she urged her to get up and move, Illumiis would shepard her back to the river and make First Contact to better communicate with her.