rainface

Hatchlings

((I had a lot of time to write that post mentally :3 but thank you. It was fun to RP with you as well. The end I know I read from somewhere... Not copied of course but something like that. I believe it is a Shakespear ending? The bit about simply dying. Thought I'd share that.

I'll watch the thread. -lurks- ))

The feeling that had left Rayle for most of the scrap returned as soon as the tail made contact with her chest. It took her through the middle, going all the way out the other side of her body between her shoulder blades. Weakly she scrabbled at the thing holding her in the air, mouth open in an inaudible scream as he wrenched the tail out again. Everything else fell into a haze, the two dragons fighting, fire balls flying both directions, and her own self being chucked at Good Crusher. She was distinctively aware of the air rushing past her. They were flying. The magi who held her was saying.. Saying something, but it was beyond her to clarify.

In the end, there is usually a brilliant fanfare. Last words that touch the heart, a longing glance between to bodies that makes significant the death, a settling of peace before the body is to move on. In this case, there was none. Beyond the head of the orange dragon she could see the stars, such beautiful stars they were! Even though they flew parallel with the stars, for Rayle they grew closer. The stars cane closer and closer until she was immersed in them, and she was free. There were no words, no looks, no peace, no final wisdom. She died.

((Fin. To be honest, I've always wanted to play the death of character. I can safely say she isn't coming back unless someone decides they want a lich... Yeah no. I couldn't keep up with the RP so I've killed her off. Id love to join back in when it calms down a little, with a new character of course. Thanks LLD))

Crusher felt Rayle go 100% limp in his paws. "Rayle.... Rayle." he said but she had died. Just as the cave came into sight. There was some new dragons there but he did not care. He landed gently placing the body down on the ground. In the darkness of night he wanted to get revenge. But that would have to wait for now. She was a young dragon, just learning life's lessons and now she never will. On top of it he had failed to keep a life from death. And it was his job to stop such things. With the others asleep. A unknown dragon seemingly keeping watch he began to give a grave.

Evil Crusher sat down and saw Illuminis's tail glowing. He laid down and took a look at his own tail, blood covered it from tip till around 1/7 up its length. Been a long time since he last saw that. His corrupted mind smiled as he rested his head to sleep.

-Even in her sleep Illuminis never stopped seeing everything around her so she was immediately alerted when Crushe returned. She noticed a trail of fine ripples leading from him and she wondered if he would wake her. When he did not, she lay there in compete silence until he had fallen asleep. Under the watchful gaze of the moon, healing would come easily and would not deplete her energy at all. Moving towards Crusher in polite quietness so as not to xake him, she lifted her tail and brought it to rest in the air between ehr fore claws. Leaning back on her hinds she began to generate the magic mist and let it roll over his slumbering form. Since the process was quick, sped up by the immense energy from the moonlight, he would feel nothing at all as the wounds closed themselves and the blood dissapeared. When she was done she smiled at his sleeping face, she was glad that at least, when he was sleeping, he was at peace. Leaving him for the remainder of the night she resumed her place on the boulder by the river and re-entered her dreams for the second time.-

Scuta couldn't sleep. He stood up. Callaina and Blachia still asleep. He moved to the doorway, who was his?

"Bonum mane (Latin-Good Morning)." He greeted her, even if it was still very much dark. "I'm Scuta, and who might be you be watching our cave?" He asked Shiel as he sat down next to her.

He hadn't bothered to think about speaking Dragon, he was still half asleep and probably spouting random Latin mixed with it.

He knew he couldn't fall asleep, since he didn't win his mind would review the fight over and over again.

Finally he opened his eyes and sneezed, clearing his senses. Rayle... No.

He stood up, now completely ignoring Shiel for someone he knew, if not well.

"What happened?" Was all he could mutter. "That...'s terrible."

Edited by Dusset

((Eeeerrrmmm he failed to notice the scent of blood and Good Crusher near by making a grave?))

((Half-asleep, what is so hard to understand? He'd probably be killed by a boulder if someone didn't tell him it was coming, but fine, I will edit the post.))

Crusher looked up "Another reason why we need to train for my counter part." he said having now recovered but was still digging. "She went after him....." he said "I failed to stop him in time. He seemed to be in a lust state. Battle lust. Hardly noticing any blow we gave. He stabbed her right through to past the shoulder blades. He had dazed me with a head but by the time my body reacted the middle point was showing on her back." he explained failing to notice Scuta half asleep.

"QUOD SPURIUS!" He yelled to no one in particalar. "Hoc abiit quoque usque! Indiget ad mori! Hoc genus et ad vindictam! Nolo Asinus fortis est, ferus et dolore morieris morte! A capite vitam conterentur deleta de terra!" (Generally just a 'you will die painfully and slowly' rant.)

He blew flame from his nostrils and slammed a fist into the ground, shattering a rock that was below him.

((For those of you who caught it, usque means several things in Latin, one being Up, like in Scuta's name, and one being 'far', as in he's gone to far.

This does not translate back to English cleanly.))

Crusher tilted his head "Um Scuta.... I don't know that tongue too well." he said. He saw him break the rock but that did not matter. He got the fact Scuta was not happy but aside from that......

After abut a minute of ranting, he cooled down.

"I know... some of it was a little inappropriate." He said with a little shame. "Look, Rayle needs to be honored and properly."

He, coming off a adrenaline high, had already fashioned a decent Cross. The others may be confused but the humans from his old clan had placed them at the head of a grave.

"But not here, not by our home. It would be too painful, to wake to this every day." He said with a sweep of his tail to fill to hole back in. "Farther from here, our mountain's peak perhaps?"

He had never known Rayle, nor had he thought much of many hatchlings that came through. But no matter, he would respect each as if they were his brothers and sisters.

Crusher looked down at the not refilled pit. "Ok, we'll go by your clans way for this. I'v never done this before my self...." he said getting Rayle's body onto his back. "Lead the way." he said with a nod.

Scuta toom wing and lead Crusher to the top of the mountain. There, he dug the grave with speed only he knew, and stabbed the cross in the headstone area. He light other sticks on fire and lined the grave. He then waited for crusher to bring the corpse.

Crusher flew up and watched Scuta dig the grave. He slowly laid the body in its grave. "Such a young one to die." he muttered then looked at Scuta and nodded for the rock and soil to be placed over the body now. "Lots of promise, now all waste." he muttered some more "Battle training must be done and continued. That way there's less chance of death like this happening." he said.

Ren, who was now tired of waiting for Blanchia to awaken, got up and wandered around outside. She looked up at the sky, a few leaves falling here and there. She then pawed the ground, as her stomach growled loudly of hunger. She decided to hunt, so she wrote the words, 'off to hunt' on a leave and left it on Blanchia's paws. She then went outside, and lifted her wings, streched slightly, then took off. She scanned the trees for food, perhaps a large deer would be enough. When she spotted a herd of deer, she quickly dived and caught a large deer in one swoop. She then landed to tear of a limb of the deer and eat happily.

Scuta filled the hole with the soil from it, and a head-sized rock was used to smooth the dirt out.

"Imay have never known Rayle well, but I wish I had."

With nothing else to say, he took his leave. The wind would exstiguish(?) the flames before long. He flew back down. Now needing to awake those who were to train.

Ren, now finished with her meal, licked her lips, stretched her wings, then flew back to the den, and lied down in a small patch of grass, and relaxed, watching the sky. She closed her eyes for a while, not tired, but just so relaxed she couldn't help but close her eyes and just let the sounds of the leaves rustling in the wind, the few birds passing by, their wings flapping quietly and their song be her thoughts.

Crusher flew down with him back to the cave. He walked up to the sleeping form of Stoneza. "Wake up, training will start soon." he said as the rock dragon blinked sleep out of his eye's.

Evil Crusher woke up and yawned. Then detected marks from last night missing. His healer must have healed them in his sleep. Strange that did not wake him. He stood up looking at the cloudy sky. Looked like a good rain was on its way. Though for him that was bad for his cloak.

-Illuminis awoke only when the moon was out shone by the rising rays of the sunlight, birds were always quiet in Crusher's territory so, long before he awoke, she went off deep into the woods until she discovered birdsong. Nature greeted her like a long lost friend coming home, she was soothed by the wonderful sounds and let her mind be carried away with the wind that gently blew by.

However, all things come to an end and the wind began to tell her that the skies were to change. She knew well that that meant a different kind of change was beginning, not just with Evil Crusher, no, but with all of the dragons of the cave far off from where she stood now. She bowed her head and let her neck curl down as she walked, the birds were becoming silent without the help of Crusher's presence, something was coming and they were taking cover. Illuminis was smart enough to know she too should be heading back to her newest shelter, she found it to be much safer on the good side of Crusher, though she had to discover if he had one, for when he wakes up. Hurrying back with long, elegant strides, she made it back to the river with time to spare.

Just as she regained her composure, as well her breath, Crusher had begun to stir. Illuminis passed him by and went to the side of his resting place that was opposite of her boulder. There, she dipped her nose into the water, any traces of ripples quickly stolen away by the rushing water. Illuminis, if she was capable of such a negative feeling, would envy the river and it's freedom to go where it pleased. She knew better though, the river did not go where it wished, it went were it went and never changed course without something intrfering, first. That was how she was, casting a leaf into the water with a flick of her claw she watched it float away and pictured herself as the leaf. She was cast into a chain of events that would flow on irregardless of all that would come to pass and would only stop or change course if someone interfered.-

Edited by Chasilin

Ren got up after relaxing for a while. She sniffed the air, just to smell the springtime breeze. She noticed a slight difference, but dismissed it and found a puddle. She slipped her tongue in it and began to drink. Finishing, she pawed the puddle, and a cloud of dirt formed, and made the puddle muddy looking. She watched, for she was bored and had nothing else to do. She figured she would fly back to the cave and see if Blanchia was awake yet, so they could gather herbs.

((Sorry to randomly butt into this, but I have to say, this seems to be one of the most posted-in RP's to date. Does it, like, have no end to it or anything? If so, can I join?))

Evil Crusher looked at his healer by the river. He went up to her "So much for a good thing as you'd call it. It drove me into a blood rage. Last night a almost adult dragon died. Though ironically, she was not my target when my tail stabbed her." he said "That's what happens when the stuff tries to surface." he said.

((Yup, no end. We make out own plots now. Just apply in the OOC.))

Illuminis stopped drinking the water, raisinf her nose high enough to be just above the splashing river the wet her chin. She stared into the frothy waves as she absorbed the news. Lifting her head with her eyes closed and pulling back her shoulders to reel in her neck to it's former posture. Illuminis looked at Crusher with glossy-eyed gaze before blinking away and walking beside him, just as she passed she raised her wing for connection.- "The death of the dragon was inevitable, the stars tell no lies." -And then she was beyond him, approaching her rock. She looked about and realized she needed herbs so she turned from her rock and ventured into the forest. Crusher could stop her if he wanted but she doubted it would do little good, especially since the herbs were for him bt then again, he didn't know that.-

-Back at the cave, Blanchia turned her neck in wards and twisted it so that the cown of her head rubbed the rough floor. Uncomfortable, she was awoken, blinking groggily into the dimness of the morning light which leaked into the cave. Snorting at having to get up so soon to go training, and gather herbs, she pushed herself to her feet, shook out her sleepiness, and strolled to the mouth of the cave just in time to see Rin, Crusher, and Scuta all returning from different places. Geez, she though, have they never heard of a good night's sleep? Tonight, I'm making sure to give them some poppy! It's bad for their health to go without proper rest!

Edited by Chasilin